Golden Globe Nominations Boast New Blood: Homeland, Johnny Galecki, New GirlRevenge

Nominations were announced on Thursday morning for the 69th annual Golden Globe Awards, and fresh blood was in bountiful supply.

Among this year’s nominees are freshman shows Homeland (including nods for leads Damian Lewis and Claire Danes), New Girl and American Horror Story, while Johnny Galecki is representing The Big Bang Theory in the comedy actor race.

The Golden Globes will be broadcast Sunday, Jan. 15 on NBC; the eligibility period was the 2011 calendar year. Check out this list of TV nominees, then share your raves and rants in the Comments! (TVLine Editor-in-Chief Michael Ausiello’s own “Snappy Judgements” can be found here.)

• DRAMA SERIES

•  DRAMA – ACTRESS
Claire Danes, Homeland
Mireille Enos, The Killing
Julianna Margulies, The Good Wife
Madeleine Stowe, Revenge
Callie Thorne, Necessary Roughness

Screen Actors Guild Award Nominations: Modern Family Leads Pack, Homeland and Sons Snubbed

• COMEDY SERIES

• SERIES, TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES – SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story
Kelly Macdonald, Boardwalk Empire
Maggie Smith, Downton Abbey
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family
Evan Rachel Wood, Mildred Pierce

AFI’s Top 10 of ’11: Homeland, Game of Thrones, Justified and Louie Among First-Time Honorees

• TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES

• TV-MOVIE OR MINISERIES – ACTRESS
Romola Garai, The Hour
Diane Lane, Cinema Verite
Elizabeth McGovern, Downton Abbey
Emily Watson, Appropriate Adult
Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce

(The list of film nominees can be found at our sister site Movieline.com.)

1. Steve Spencer says:

Why is Glee nominated at all? why would you sit and watch kids sing? Don’t get me wrong here but this is not a very wise choice, there are more deserving people out there to get an award! and the pick glee ….NO

2. Nan says:

New Girl, Mat LeBlanc for Episodes? Seriously? It is so boring and predictable, where is Community, Stana Katic for Castle and Sons of Anarchy? and Glee’ season 3 is the most ridiculous thing I ever saw on TV… Golden Globes and Oscars starting to remind me why I do not believe in such awards – so much more better TV shows out there on our screens.

3. Sofia says:

What about micheal Pitt in boardwalk empire!?! His performance in the season finale was golden.

4. Sara says:

I can’t believe Community wasn’t nominated. In my opinion, it’s one of the best comedies out there with an amazing group of sctors and actresses.

5. Stephanie says:

WHERE IS COMMUNITY? I must be missing it, because there is NO WAY it shouldn’t be nominated in some capacity.

6. Ronnie says:

Why are people surprised by the Glee nomination in comedy or musical? The objectors obviously do not know that the HFPA LOVE musical anything. Look back at their history and you will see how they always try to acknowledge any kind of series (Cop Rock, exempted of course), that has a musical feel. Variety series with musical numbers in the past were especially popular. So, stop your complaining about their nomination process.

7. Julie says:

In my opinion if Glee had to be nominated it should have gone in the drama category… list at least 5 things that were funny in Glee so far this year?? Everything has been about coming out (and not just the sexuality thing).
    That The Big Bang wasn’t nominated is a really stupid. One of its main character has won 2 best actor in a comedy in a row (and mind you he’s not even nominated either).
    Ah well… they’re just trying to promote random shows I’m guessing…

8. Margo says:

Why was Glee even nominated? Last season and this past season have been a hot mess!

9. lucky says:

I know Dexter sucks this year, but Michael C. Hall is always outstanding, I’m very surprised he wasn’t nominated.

10. Gaelle says:

I know he won last year but where the hell is Jim Parsons ?! And TBBT ?! And Hugh Laurie ?!

11. Abe Froman says:

Any TV Drama nomination list that doesn’t include Breaking Bad is a complete joke.

12. Jules says:

Sorry but, without Hugh Laurie and Micheal C hall left out and no nom’s for Walking The Dead…I’m not gonna watch/boycott this year

13. Gabrielle says:

DOWNTON ABBEY! Yay So excited for them!

14. Renee says:

Anybody get the feeling these nominations were based on name recognition, not this years body of work?

15. Mark says:

No Aaron Paul
    No Giancarlo Esposito
    No Evan Peters
    No Anna Gunn
    No Dean Norris
    No Jonathan Banks
    No Connie Britton
    No Allen Rickman

REALLY??? The GG are a joke.

16. Justin says:

Once again, No love for Parks and Rec (although nominating Amy Poehler is a good first step)! Also, Glee for best comedy, really?!! What a load of crap!

17. Ella says:

Madeline Snowe makes total sense to me….she is Ice Queen personified =D

And all the Downton Abbey love thrills me!!!!!

18. Joanna says:

How come there’s no love for The Middle? The show and all the actors on it are hilarious. If no one else the girl who plays Sue should be nominated.

19. Sean says:

Hey all you whining about Community and Parks and Rec get out of you mother’s basement and go meet a nice girl.

20. Jake says:

So Happy for Glee, American Horror Story, Game of Thrones, Homeland, New Girl, Amy Phoeler, Madeline Stowe, and Jessica Lange!

21. Kristen says:

The Best Comedy category is a total joke.

22. Jules says:

With this weird selection-and thoses who been snub(Hugh Laurie/Micheal C. Hall/Timothy Olyphant…) it’s weirder in comedy…and cannot understand WHY New girl got nominated????
    Seriously!!! Even for the best picture/movies &actors category is a bit weird…
    Moneyball,descendant???? boring!!
    Where is Tailer thinker…and Gary Oldman….
    Anyway, it’s not gonna help NBC to upgrade theirs ratings-and I’m not gonna watch either

23. Best TV drama (Game Of Thrones-Homeland) , may the best win !!
    Also a big yeay for Enlightened !! it’s like the best thing in the whole nomination list, I’m sure HBO will renew it, the better do :/

24. Yao says:

I wish Glee would win ,not the stupid New Girl

25. Grant says:

this is the worst GG award nomination i have ever seen..especially in the comedy series,Glee is ok but New Girl??! wtf

26. kate says:

madeleine stowe is awesome on revenge. unfortunate that sandra oh is not getting the recognition she deserves…

27. Natasha says:

I guess I’m the only one that still loves Glee, even though it’s not that great this season it’s still damn good tv at times and great acting that is better than the writing. I do wish Naya Rivera got nominated, and Chris Colfer-though Chris’s character hasn’t had that many story lines to work with this year. I like Community but I’m not a fan of Parks and Rec. I guess I’m the odd duck here lol. You know people may gripe about Glee but I love the cast, and the music. And it makes me happy. Oh and while I’m sad Jim hasn’t been nominated it is time to give other actors a chance, he’s won a couple of times now, both with the Emmy’s and Golden Globe.

• SadGleek says:

You’re not the only one. I still love Glee, but I think Season 3 is getting so boring :( The only reason why I’m still watching Glee is Naya Rivera, I just love her.

28. Kiki says:

New Girl got nominated, most likely, because it airs in 26 of the 90 active members of the HFPA’s home countries. This is a tiny organization of FOREIGN people. While they work in Hollywood, they work FOR media outlets in THEIR countries, not yours, so they write about and give awards to things which are popular in their homelands. I can find no indication that Justified even airs outside the US so OF COURSE it wouldn’t be nominated.

29. Clau says:

I’m happy that Laura Linney was nominated. It’s impressive to see a show such as The Big C kinda underestimated (at least, it’s how I feel about it)… I would love to see her winning…she deserves it, probably more than any other in that category…

30. Danie Nunez says:

Sons of Anarchy should have been nominated and it would have won !! Its the best show out there!!