FX Orders Russell Brand Late-Night Series

Get More: News

FX is entering the late-night fray with an unscripted half-hour project starring Russell Brand.

The cabler has ordered six episodes of the currently untitled series, which it says will feature “Brand’s unvarnished, unfiltered take on current events, politics and pop culture.”

The targeted launch date is Spring 2012.

“I am so excited I’m on the point of climax, in fact I will put the “O” into FX, which spells Fox, which is actually the channel’s real name,” Brand cracked in a statement. “That’s the only thing that worries me about all this to be honest. At least I’ll be able to have a Christmas drink with Bill O’Reilly.”

Meanwhile, our sister site Deadline is reporting that FX’s broadcast sibling, Fox, has given a script order for an animated comedy series co-created and voiced by Brand and loosely based on the funnyman’s twentysomething years.

Tags: ,

Comments (12)

• YEEEEEEEEEEE-ESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Comment by lore – December 15, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huzzah! Love Brand, he is one of the most interesting and articulate personalities out there. I’d love for him to have Eddie Izzard as a guest. What a show that would be!

Comment by Templar – December 15, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent news–I will watch this!

Comment by Saint Alicia – December 15, 2011 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely! He is quite good!

Comment by GK – December 15, 2011 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Al be watching bt when will a women get a late show I vot Tina fey or Amy poehler. Or together that would be amazing!

Comment by vane – December 15, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I could see Tina Fey hosting a gig. But Amy just annoys me.

Comment by GK – December 15, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Tina and Amy both annoy me. Also can’t stand Chelsea Handler. I’d rather see Cher or Queen Lahtifa. Maybe even Pauley Perette would be better.

Comment by Templar – December 15, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Your comment just really annoyed me, just like Cher and Queen Latifa do. And I can’t picture Pauley Perette doing anything unscripted. Besides, women rule the day and men rule the night, that’s just hot it goes with these types of talk shows.

Comment by Jason C – December 15, 2011 05:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happiness!

Comment by gabrielle – December 15, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m guessing the folks at F/X have never seen Brand’s “comedy” specials on Comedy Central or the hosting he’s done for MTV and Saturday Night Live that garnered politely laughter at best.

I’ll pass on his “comedy” based on skinny jeans and his accent as the illusion of Brand being funny is not one I’ve not fallen for.

Comment by JJ – December 15, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Way to use a double negative at the end of your post to tell us how you really feel. “… the illusion of Brand being funny is not one I’ve not fallen for,” translates to “…the illusion of Brand being funny is one I’ve fallen for.”

Comment by Jason C – December 15, 2011 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sh!t will fail hard because he’s not funny at all.

Comment by Bob – December 15, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post