CBS Tweaks Midseason Schedule, Moves Gifted Man Into CSI: NY's Slot

Get More: News, Scheduling News

CBS is tinkering with its midseason schedule, moving Friday night drama A Gifted Man back an hour to make room for the return of Undercover Boss and benching CSI: NY for the six weeks this winter.

Additionally, The Amazing Race kicks off its 20th cycle on Sunday, Feb. 19.

The first three episodes of Undercover Boss‘ new season will air Sundays at 8 p.m. beginning Jan. 15, before relocating to Fridays at 8 p.m. on Feb. 17. That’ll bump Gifted Man to 9 p.m., where it’ll replace hiatus-bound CSI: NY.

But don’t have a Mac attack, NY lovers: Gary Sinise and Co. will reclaim their Friday timeslot on March 30 after Gifted Man completes its freshman run.

Here’s a closer look at how the revised sked looks:

Friday, Effective Feb. 17
8-9: Undercover Boss (Time Period Premiere)
9-10: A Gifted Man (Time Period Premiere)
10-11: Blue Bloods

Sunday, Effective Feb. 19
7-8: 60 Minutes
8-9: The Amazing Race
9-10: The Good Wife
10-11: CSI: Miami

Friday, Effective March 30
8-9: Undercover Boss
9-10: CSI: NY
10-11: Blue Bloods

Comments (52)

• Is the 20th Amazing Race cycle the one with Rachel and Brennaaaan?

Comment by Clarissa – December 15, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How many episodes will A Gifted Man have total if it’s ending in March?

Comment by j – December 15, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • J, A Gifted Man only has 16 episodes and they’ve aired 9 episodes so far. Have to say, I hope CBS renews this for a second season, though I’m not hopeful.

Comment by Sarah – December 15, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I doubt either Gifted Man or CSI:NY will be back next year.

Comment by CJ – December 15, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I would love for it to be renewed as I am enjoying the show.

Plus, I love having Patrick Wilson on my TV every week!!

But, like you, I am not hopeful.

Comment by Eliza – December 15, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Watching “A Gifted Man”, has really been the highlight of my Friday evening. I think this show is awesome, not to mention I absolutely love Patrick Wilson. I really hope it doesn’t get canceled and that it gets renewed.

Comment by Lakisha – April 26, 2012 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i hope so that show keeps me home on fridays. I love the show

Comment by leslie – December 23, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • gifted man is the show on fridays.

Comment by leslie – December 23, 2011 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I like the Gifted Man show; I hope they don’t cancel and bring it back.

Comment by Helen Smith – January 27, 2012 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • According to Epguides.com the January 6th ep is number 10 and if there are no skips then 3 more in Jan, 4 in Feb and 5 in March…22 maximum.

Comment by Nonnaru – December 17, 2011 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will we have CSI at all in January?!? I’m confused!

Comment by Daniel – December 15, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this could hurt “Blue Bloods”

Comment by jamie – December 15, 2011 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I WISH THEY WOULD GET RID OF BLUE BLOODS.

Comment by Ray Neathery – December 15, 2011 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope not and don’t think so. But! they need to do something, it’s kind of boring lately, and those dinners are also tiresome. Always love watching Tom Selleck, but he needs more excitement in his life, if you know what I mean.

Comment by tahina – December 15, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Are you crazy??? Blue Bloods is one of the best shows out right now!

Comment by EveatEden – December 16, 2011 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Obviously you don’t watch good tv!

Comment by Brad – December 16, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey, not so fast…..Blue Bloods, CSI-NY and Person of Interest are
        the best show on TV. In the know in CA…..

Comment by Karen – February 2, 2012 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My money’s on A GIFTED MAN getting canceled after the series is over.

Comment by kevin – December 15, 2011 04:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great, this means that there is no way CBS will give CSI NY more episodes than it’s current 18 episode order.

Comment by Don J – December 15, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now if ABC would “tweak” it’s schedule and put Cougar Town back on in Jan!!

Comment by Amanda – December 15, 2011 04:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CBS, during this holiday season, your amazing scheduling is such a gift. I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your continual (if inexplicable to other viewers with, you know, eyes) support of my OTP to end OTPs, Horatio Caine/Sunglasses. Screw the other, better incarnation of “CSI: NY” into which the arrival of Sela Ward breathed new life and interest.

(Did my sarcasm come through okay, or would you like me to try again?)

Comment by elizabeth – December 15, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It sucks that they moved CSI NY to friday in the first place. And I’m reallly going to miss it.

Comment by lolo – December 15, 2011 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of course CBS would screw CSI:NY. It’s its best freaking show! They should just axe CSI:Miami, which has gone down the drain about 5 seasons ago (Marisol, anyone?) and replace it with its better half. And, to Elizabeth up there, I ADORE Sela Ward and her character, and I do think she brought life and bright to the show. I like her much better than I’ve ever been able to like Stella. I’ll keep the show in my thoughts and prayers :(

Comment by Barbie – December 15, 2011 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. The only good thing I can say about this, is this will be freeing up space on my DVR.

Comment by Natalie – December 16, 2011 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are right about CSI-Miami….Lousy….In the know in CA

Comment by Karen – February 2, 2012 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dam you CBS!! No csi/ny for 6 weeks what the hell is wrong with you?? I will be sure to turn my tv off for those 6 week:((

Comment by Julie – December 15, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what’s wrong with this picture? You should never put a freshman show above a proven senior PRO series!!!!! CSI:NY is great!!!!

Comment by Sherry Buford Jordan – December 15, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish they would quit playing with CSI:NY. It’s my favorite of the three CSI shows. I hate all the guessing. The show does well on a crappy night. Just be glad CBS is winning Frinday nights and let us enjoy the show already! Quit jerking us around and leaving us to speculate about whether the show is going to be cancelled. This stinks! Friday nights are not going to pull awesome numbers no matter what show is airing. Even if the best show in the world is on Friday nights the numbers are going to be low because people just don’t stay home and why should they when there are a MILLION different ways to watch a show. Actually having to stay home and watch something is practically obsolete. Just let CSI:NY do it’s job. The only reason I ever catch Blue Bloods is because I leave the tv on after watching CSI:NY. Quit dreaming of magical numbers CBS and just focus on making great television and quit messing with my show (and the audience)!

Comment by Tess – December 15, 2011 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish the networks would quit messing around with their program schedules. Last year they moved Blue Bloods to Wednesdays for a while as I recall. If it ain’t broke, for crying out loud, DON’T FIX IT! I like the CSI: NY/Blue Bloods double bill on Friday nights just as is. Don’t watch A Gifted Man and moving it into the time slot of a show I do watch is not going to endear me to it.

Comment by Denise Stoltenberg – December 15, 2011 11:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the Amazing Race but there does not need to be 2 of them every year.

Comment by Pam – December 16, 2011 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s definitely a last chance effort for A GIFTED MAN. If the ratings at 9 p.m. are comparable to what CSI: NY is drawing, CBS will likely renew it for next year since it would be a cheaper show to produce than CSI: NY. If its ratings aren’t the equal of CSI: NY, then A GIFTED MAN will be a goner after the episodes for its first season finish airing.

Comment by MattH. – December 16, 2011 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love CSI NY I used to watch all the CSI’s but stopped watching CSI Miami years ago and stopped watching CSI when Grissom left. I also love Blue Bloods it is one of the best on tv!!
    So I am assuming CSI will be one Jan 6-Feb 10 then back March 30 til May. But if they air all new episodes the weeks it is one then there is not enough to fill the weeks as they have 9 left for the season , so does that mean it is not back until March 30?

Comment by sarah – December 16, 2011 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI NY is my favorate of the CSI showes. I used to watch CSI Miami but stopped. I really hope that CSI NY will have more episodes ordered for season 8 & will be back for season 9. Even though I’ve bought all the seasons, I still watch the reruns. I can never have enough of the show because it’s an awesome show. CBS has high ratings on Friday night because of CSI NY & Blue Bloods which is great on Friday night.

Comment by Tammy – December 16, 2011 11:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would rather watch re-runs of CSI:NY than Undercover Boss…it’s always the same story. Boss goes undercover, proves he has a lot to learn about the job, listens to employees stories, and rewards them with big chunks of money……BORING!

Comment by NonnaRu – December 17, 2011 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why the changes all of a sudden. I do not like this. I thought network TV did not have the mid season changes. what is going on. I have to watch programs that I don’t like or don’t want to watch. Well I have rights too. The one that I have questions about is the CSI”s like Miami, NY. and Vegas.

Comment by dollydarwloo – December 17, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It really disappoints me that I’m so powerless when it comes to shows that I really like continuing on. We really like CSI NY and to see it get kicked around like this is disturbing.
    The networks can’t figure out why they lose viewers. Could it be that the viewers get fed up trying to FIND their favourite programs? How many times do you follow a show, then it goes off air for a bit, then comes back at a different time and you can’t find it?? All too often. The networks, IMHO, have only themselves to blame for losing ground to online content.

Comment by Loni – December 17, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You finally put a good show on Friday night – A Gifted Man and of course since it’s good you will cancel it. Please renew it!!!!!

Comment by Blondie – December 28, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love a Gifted Man and hope they do not cancel it. It is such a great show. As others have said though, that probably means they will cancel it.

Comment by Jennifer – January 2, 2012 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. I am enjoying A GIFTED MAN very much. And I always watch CSI:N.Y. The stories are well-written and I love Mac and Jo. (Gary and Sela Ward). And WHO doesn’t like Tom Selleck??
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE renew A GIFTED MAN and CSI:N.Y. Ask your friends to watch as well! :)

Comment by Nancy – January 4, 2012 07:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Gifted Man is my favorite show, I love the premise and the acting. It olds my attention for the full hour and I’m sad when it’s over. My heart will be broken if it doesn’t
    Get a SECOND SEASON.

Comment by Wendy – January 6, 2012 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please don’t cancel A Gifted Man!

Comment by Dahlia Balir – January 7, 2012 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A Gifted Man jumped the shark when they did another “stealth affirmative action”, putting in Eriq La Salle only after the show got a committed audience. That’s happening more and more on network tv shows. Watch for the ratings to start dropping.

Comment by keepinitreal – January 15, 2012 04:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am really disappointing about A Gifted Man. The first episodes were really good. The next few were fair. And now they are excruciating. Same old Same old. Super corny and derivative.
    Any originality has been drilled out of it and the plots (!) are so by the numbers you can guess what is coming a mile away. I’m done with it.

Comment by catt – January 16, 2012 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The one thing I look forward to on friday nights is “A Gifted Man”. I even have my 11 year old daughter watching it with me. We love it so much we even watch the re-runs!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE renew this series!

Comment by Kari – January 21, 2012 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love my Friday night line-up: Gifted Man, CSI NY, and Blue Bloods. Please don’t cancel any of these shows. There used to be nothing on Friday that I liked watching. Please don’t mess with this line-up & don’t cancel Gifted Man, CSI Ny, or Blue Bloods.

Comment by Helen Smith – January 27, 2012 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • please don’t cancel a gifted man! I rarely watch tv . This is some better quality programming I have waited so long for!

Comment by Pami Woods – March 24, 2012 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t cancel the gifted man, csi ny and blue bloods. They are superb entertainment. Patrick Wilson is credible actor who makes the show real. Gary Sinise and Tom Selleck are seasoned, excellent actors in great shows.

Comment by rita norvez – March 27, 2012 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring us more of A Gifted Man. I have actually been looking forward to watching TV on Friday nights since that show is on. I LOVE the cast, and the story line is really fresh. My whole family enjoys watching the show.

Comment by A. Jacobs – March 30, 2012 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to love the Friday Night lineup CBS started with this season. Gifted Man, CSI NY and Blue Bloods but of course the idiots at CBS decide “Oh wait, lets wreck that and put a boring reality show on instead and if that doesn’t screw it up enough we can move the other two viable shows to oh say Thursday and put more reality crap on in the Friday Night slots.” Because we know EVERYBODY loves reality shows and if they don’t they spend their Friday Nights at the bar. Which must be where CBS decision makes are. GRRRR, get rid of this UNDERCOVER BOSS CRAP. The employees have caught on, it’s the boss – so tell a sob story and get a lot of MONEY out of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by cmf – April 13, 2012 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t take another CSI off the network for realty show we already lost one and CSI NY is the best if people would just watch it and not these like real shows this world would be in a better place.

Comment by Karen – March 1, 2013 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post