America's Got Talent Officially Adds Howard Stern

It’s official: Howard Stern is America’s Got Talent‘s new judge.

NBC announced Thursday the addition of the shock jock — who will replace Piers Morgan and join current critiquers Sharon Osbourne and Howie Mandel — for the summer reality series’ upcoming seventh season.

“Howard Stern’s larger-than-life personality will bring a thrilling new dynamic to America’s Got Talent starting this summer,” NBC’s President of Alternative and Late Night Programming, Paul Telegdy, said in a statement Thursday. “He’s a proven innovator and his track record in broadcasting is truly remarkable. Howard is very passionate about this show and is fully committed to its future success.”

Production of AGT‘s live shows will now relocate to New York to accommodate the schedule of Stern’s daily SiriusXM radio program.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Reality TV

1. DL says:

I don’t know if Howard and Howie together will be amazing, or like watching a disastrous collision of comedy one-upmanship.

• Matt says:

Clearly you’ve never heard Howie’s interviews on Howard’s show. Both Howie and Sharon are old friends of Howard’s, and have great chemistry with him.

This is going to be epic.

2. Samantha F says:

I am kinda bummed I have to watch this show now. Love Howard. Will watch anything he does.

3. howardfan says:

I have never liked AGT but will absolutely watch now that howard is on :) at least he’ll be honest & won’t sugar coat things

4. Marley says:

Isn’t Sharon Osborne L.A. based? So they are inconveniencing her to accommodate Howard? She also has a daily job, The Talk.

• Ed says:

I was thinking the same thing. Screw the judge who’s been there a few years to accommodate the new judge. Stern is popular, yes, but he’s also polarizing, so he may not be embraced by some viewers. Poor Sharon, he schedule just got insane.

5. JackMeower says:

So sad this show is now not part of my Summer TV watching. As big a megalomaniac as Piers is, there was something endearing and relevant about him. Howard is an equally as big a megalomaniac, but completely irrelevant in pop culture today and this feels like a desperate move by him after a decade of failing to get hired by Idol.

6. Brad says:

Stern hasn’t been funny or interesting for almost a decade now. He phones in his Sirius show and takes off more days than he works. He’s irrelevant. Ron & Fez, 11 to 3.

7. Cornflakeguy says:

Irrevelant? Little shortsighted aren’t we, Jack?

8. blingedup.susan says:

I’m out.

9. WKD2 says:

Sharon and Howie live in LA, so two get uprooted to accommodate Stern

• Dave says:

It’s not new that Howard said the show would need to come to New York and Howie has told everyone that would listen that AGT needs Howard.

10. David says:

Pretty surprised by this. I never thought Howard Stern would be given an opportunity to judge a show like this – let alone be on broadcast tv live! That’s worth watching just for that! I like Howard but not really sure what he will be like as a judge. I wonder if he will try to be funny or mean?

11. James says:

Howard on AGT! Now I’m dropping AGT from my watch list!

12. MacBeth says:

Well, that is it for me when it comes to talent competitions. This was the only one I watched ever, and now that is done.
    I give it one more season on the air, and only 2-3 shows before the producers realize what a colossal mistake they made.

13. Pennagirl says:

Well I will never watch again. Couldn’t stand Howard Stern in DC, NY, and on the television. Stupid decision picking him.

14. Dvd says:

Wow, I was totally going to stop watching this season. But with Howard on I will have to set a season pass. I know several people that have never seen one single AGT that will now watch for Howard.

15. Beany53 says:

Not a fan of Howards. Last year Howie was very annoying. Not sure I want to watch anymore.

16. CLV says:

Howard Stern? Seriously?? There are so many people that are better suited to judge. And to uproot Sharon, Howie and their families to accommodate Stern – what are they thinking? Sharon and Howie both have other shows they are involved in. Why don’t they count? AGT has some explaining to do!

17. tv-lover says:

I loved this show! Now it has been ruined by hiring Stern, I wiil not watch it any longer. If Howie and Sharon are smart they will abandon the show too.

• gregk says:

Totally agree. My wife and I cannot believe the show that discovered Jackie Evancho, our all-time, favorite reality show winner, has to resort to this.

• rob says:

sharon owes her fame to howard…osbornes was his idea and he had her on with Ozzy for years before she was anme star. Howie is a super fan who listens everyday. they are thrilled and wont be gong anywhere

18. marlo says:

I don’t really know who he is. Looks like a goofball to me. I love this show and I’m sure he’ll be a poor replacement for piers.

19. Beth says:

I’ve never seen a single episode of this show, bu I’ll make a point to watch it now. Love Howard, so I’m anxious to see how well he does at this. Unfortunately many people who bash him know nothing about him nor what he’s like on the radio nowadays. All they know is his reputation, which isn’t all that great. But I’m betting that this will end up being a great thing for AGT and for Howard himself. :)

20. TrulyRoxie says:

This was not one of my regular show to watch, but I can guarantee I will not watch now. I can’t stand Howard Stern. What does he know about talent other than sex and profanity?

21. Linda says:

Well now I know what show I WON’T be watching.

22. Jeff the Drunk says:

The people that say Howard is only capable of judging sex and profanity obviously do not listen to his show. There are those aspects, but he is also very funny and has softened over the years. His mark on radio cannot be discounted. He has truly been copied by everyone on radio. He is smart enough to know that the audience watching this show will not be looking for lowbrow, insulting humor. Give him a chance, and then make your decision.

23. Marissa says:

I will definitely be watching the show now. The majority of the people who say they hate Howard don’t have any idea what he’s really like, and all they know is his reputation, which is blown way out of proportion. In reality he is a loyal family man who works hard and raises a lot of money for North Shore Animal League. I love Howard and I can’t wait to see him on AGT.

24. billk says:

Who cares about who hosts it? It’s a boring talent show among the far too many already on tv. Didn’t watch it before, won’t watch it now.

25. MAE FISH says:

MY MY MY !!!! LOOK AT ALL THE HATE!!!!! WELL HATE=RATINGS=MONEY… DON”T BELIEVE IT JUST GO BACK AND CK IT OUT WITH THAT RAP BRAT “ASTRO” FOR THAT BS SHOW X FACTOR…. THE MORE WE HATED HIM THE MORE WE WERE WATCHING THAT BS SHOW JUST TO SEE THE BRAT GET KICKED OFF!!!!!! JUST SAYING!!!! IT”S ALL ABOUT THE RATINGS…. I DON”T LIKE HOWARD… NEVER DID, BUT WHO KNOWS????? LET”S FACE IT THESE BS REALITY? SHOWS AND RIGGED SO CALLED TALENT SHOWS…HOWARD IS ALOT THINGS BUT BS IS “NOT” ONE OF THEM… HE JUST MIGHT BRING SOMETHING NEW TO THIS SHOW…. HONESTY!!!!!!! NO BS……. LET”S JUST SEE… I’LL WATCH IT….