ABC Cancels Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

Move. That. Bus… to the junkyard.

ABC has canceled Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, which will conclude its nine-season run on Jan. 13 with its 200th episode.

The final hours will journey to tornado-devastated Joplin, Missouri, where the team will build seven homes in seven days.

But it’s not the last viewers will be seeing of Ty Pennington and his crew. Four special episodes will air after the series wraps up, according to The Hollywood Reporter. And Pennington already has another gig lined up as a panelist on ABC’s new health and lifestyle series, The Revolution.

Shark Tank takes over Home Edition‘s Friday at 8 pm time slot on Jan. 20.

1. r says:

oh my gosh i loved extreme makeover it help familes that needed it but shark tank doesnt do that. stupid decision abc

2. Gerry says:

I love the show so much that i have all 200 builds on dvd with no advertising. The best non sex and no violence show ever!

3. Gerry says:

Is ABC all about sex and violence. They should cancel all the soaps and reality shows that show who is going to get who in bed or who is getting more money than who. Who is sexier and who is fatter.

4. M says:

I agree 100% with you. Those morons are why the world is as screwed up as it is. I would also bet most of the people like that never would help anyone but would be the first people with their hands out. Sad to see such a great show with purpose be over so they can put more garbage on.

5. jennifer says:

i need the adds to send extreme home make over a vido for a family plz send it to methank you jennifer

6. Wendy wagner says:

I was hopping thAT THIS SHOW WAS STILL HELPING FAMILY i HAVE four boy living with me that are not my son all of then22-23 years old my huband and i have four children of our own it amazes me that parent seem to think that there job is done raisning children they day they turn 18 these young men are all trying to become fire fighter paramedics all have there emt can seem to find a job no body is hireing they al volunteer in are local town as fire fighter emt. I recently went to a county auction a purchase a house and the lan for 10,000
    It needs alot of work this would of been a great show ND WE SURE COULD OF USE THE HELP With gods way and alot of praying something might help they young men have a home of there owns.

7. MeInAb says:

Do you remember the first few episodes when they actually did “makeover” the existing house? This was far more realistic. All of the families helped were struggling in one way or another, most often financially so really what is the point of building them a 5000 square foot house??? It wasn’t feasible that these families would be able to maintain them or the bills that came with them. How about we give people in need what they need and not bring them down even further?? The original premise was good…. what it became was bad.

8. Jodie says:

It should I not been cancelled- it was a great show, helping peoples lives who have been turned upside down, by something that happens. So you keep making series of extreme makeover: home edition please

9. stephaniemc1 says:

I’M HURT TO SEE THIS SHOW GO WHEN I WAS AT MY LOWEST AND FEELING DOWN I COULD ALWAYS COUNT ON THIS SHOW WITH TY AND THE CREW TO UPLIFT MY SPIRITS AND BRING TEARS SMILES AND LAUGHTER INTO MY LIFE FOR THAT HOUR OR SOMETIMES TWO. MADE ME FEEL GREAT AND AFTERWARDS SAY MY PROBLEMS WASN’T NOTHING STOP COMPLAINING I SUFFER FROM CHRONIC PAIN NERVE DAMAGE ECT. BUT I HAVE TO SAY AFTER WATCHING A SHOW I CAN SAY FOR THAT MOMENT IT GAVE ME RELIEF… I LOVE THE WHOLE TEAM….. THANK YOU SO MUCH ABC FOR THE SPECIAL MOMENTS YOU BROUGHT TO MY LIFE….I RECORD EVERY EPISODE ON CMT AND ON TV LAND SO AS NOT TO MISS ANY DIDN’T MADDER WHETHER IT WAS A RERUN OR NOT I LOVED THEM ALL…… PLEASE IF YOU CAN, CAN YOU PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK WITH THE FOUR EPISODES YOU SPEAK OF I REALLY DON’T WANT TO MISS THEM…

STEPHANIE MCCLOUD
    LOYAL FAN

PS. PLEASE EXCUSE THE ALL CAPS ITS HARD TO SEE THE SMALL PRINT.

10. Donna Kosheluk says:

I would like this message to be related to Extreme Makeover Home Edition–Ty Pennington & Crew.

I am currently nominating a family in need desperately as I am not sure how long the oldest has to live. I hope and pray that Extreme Home Edition gets this message soon. I have e-mailed their site, however, I do hope they receive the following information I sent them.

Hi Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Ty and all the Crew:

I want to mention that I watch your show on a continuous on going basis, it’s a must for me, seeing you transform a family with needs of support, and the end result being fabulous. Wonderful, great things you all do on your show, it brings tears to me with the compassion that you have continuously proceeding to do for families in what you do.

I reside in Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada), as well as the family I am nominating.

This family, (Jennifer Coveney) mother of 4 children ages 15 yrs – 19 yrs old (2 girls – (Chelsea) aged 17 yrs. old & (Serena) aged 18 yrs old, & the 2- boys (Cody) aged 15 yrs old & (Shane) aged 19 yrs. old, that I have known for many years. Her children are very close and dear friends with my daughter & I. The mother resently lost to a fire, a house she was renting about 1 1/2 months ago, she is divorced and a single mother. Her oldest son aged (Shane) 19 was born with only one kidney. Apparently his other kidney he was born with had failed. So his mother donated one of her kidneys.

At this time his donated kidney (from his mother) is failing, I am pretty much sure he is on a waiting list for another kidney. Shane goes for dialysis every 2nd day (twice/three times) per week, he gets extremely ill right after his treatment. He stays at my house with my daughter quite regularly, as he needs to be monitored closely after his dialysis, for any side affects. I believe Shane does have a house (renting) a few blocks from my residency, & believe his mother stays at times @ Shane’s rental home on Chalmers Avenue, Wpg., MB & at her mother’s place in Gimli, MB alternating places.

However, I want to stress it is difficult for Shane to maintain a stable School schedule at this time (not sure what year he has completed) due to his illness. Shane had on one occasion (recently) , while staying over night at my house a scary moment, he came back from a dialysis treatment, and a few hours later he ended up having a convulsion seizure, I proceeded with the medical attention he required, before the Emergency Dept. came to my house. They had taken him to the hospital thereafter to attend.

I would dearly love to help out in this world in more ways than you can imagine.

I am writing to you regarding a family I know needs God’s intervention and need of a healthy and safer home.

I also want to mention to you, that the 2nd oldest child (Chelsea) that aged 16 is currently pregnant and is due to have a baby August 2012. She does attend school, and proceeds to graduate. However, Chelsea & her sister (Serena) are currently residing at her father’s place (not far from my house) and the step mother wants them “moved out”, really.

Not sure what else I can say about this situation, except for assistance of your help for this family, so they can have a stable and nurturing, safe and healthy home.

Please see my name and Address listed below.

Note: if you happen to phone me (I pray), please do leave a message as I work fulltime gone 11 hours out of the day. As well I am a single parent of two children, also, I do help in the community volunteering as (Neighborhood Watch – Captain & also I am Secretary of major Daycare in our community).

Greatly Appreciated
    God Bless!!!

Donna Kosheluk
    624 Windsor Avenue
    Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada)
    R2L 1B3
    Ph. (1-(204)-668-6710

11. Now i feel all alone an don’t know witch way to go i am a wife an mother of five beautiful kids. I have a disabled husband who suffers from sever sever ptsd bipollar sicosoes an more. My son is diabled with kidney problems (nephrotic syndrom) . A son with adhd an twim girls with developing scolliosis. I am lots an don’t know what to do. All my kids have great dreams an i will not be able to give the chance. i am beaging for help.my home is a trailor an not fit for my kids especialy evan who get very sick easy an my husband who is very ill. Please help

12. i think extreme makeover was a great show and they should bring it back it helped many needy people and they need to help more

13. Alice Macedo says:

The show was great, i did think sometimes the houses were just too much, i remeber thinking “how can they afford to keepa house like that?”, with that kind of money they could’ve helped 3 families instead of one. But anyway i loved watching it!

14. This show didnt cost Ty his relationship, Miss Bock, could have chose to wait for him, not sleep around with another another man and get pregnant by that man, while Ty was out helping families. then whenever Ty gets interested in someone else, she gets involved in his media accounts, deleting people, and ruins his new relationships so he will continue to keep her on as manager. If you ask me, Ty is better off. I once read an article about Miss Bock and Ty being late for a flight, and how pessed off she was having to sit in Coach and not First Class. Guess she felt she was too good to sit with the rest of us. She should have been grateful that Ty’s wealth afforded her the ticket in the first place. Wish I could travel at the drop of a dime, and have Ty at my side while doing it.

As for the rest of this show, I miss it, although I would has liked to seen them build 2 or 3 regular houses in an area and help more people than those McMansion’s they built for one seemingly deserving family.

15. jalia says:

ty pennington does not go to blck people house like that and.we need.extreme makeover

16. Do you own any other kind of posts having to do with this particular one??!
    My partner and I love to look for more information on this specific subject!!
    ;-) I truly love your current blogposts, but nevertheless
    I need a whole lot more details regarding home improvement catalogs.
    Thanks alot : )!!!