TVLine Items: Jim Parsons Goes Live! with Kelly, Bonus Community Christmas Fun and More!

Big Bang Theory‘s Jim Parsons will take a stab at guest co-hosting Live! with Kelly on Tuesday, Jan. 3. Also joining the Regis-less Kelly Ripa during the first week of the new year are hubby-of-the-host Mark Consuelos, Californication‘s David Duchovny and Parks and Recreation‘s Rob Lowe.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

Community takes you behind the scenes of its Season 3 Christmas special in the hilarious video below. Note to showrunner Dan Harmon: You are a hip-hop star in the making!

• Nick Zano (2 Broke Girls) has landed a multi-ep arc on 90210, E! Online reports. Beginning in February, the actor will play a wealthy playboy befriended by Shenae Grimes’ Annie.

• Dick Van Dyke will present former co-star Mary Tyler Moore with SAG’s Lifetime Achievement Award at the Jan. 29 ceremony.

• Steve Carell is lending his voice to an upcoming episode of The Simpsons, EW.com reports. The Office alum will play a “tightly-wound accountant” for Fat Tony.

• The Weather Channel has ordered two additional seasons of Coast Guard Alaska, which follows a team of Coast Guard swimmers and rescue pilots stationed in Kodiak, Alaska. Season 2 will premiere in April 2012, and Season 3 in October.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (13)

• Cool news about Parsons. He’s as brilliant as NPH when he’s being himself. Can’t wait.

Comment by Templar – December 14, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Kelly Ripa does her best work with gay co-hosts [Anderson Cooper, Neil Patrick Harris etc.]. The producers should consider that when choosing a permanent replacement. The viewers are mainly female and women love gay men.

Comment by Squiggy – December 15, 2011 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And this is why Community can’t end yet. Six seasons and a movie!

Comment by Tiffany – December 14, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have caught Kelly a few times since Regis has left and I have to say, Kelly has the ability to talk to just about anyone about anything. Maybe instead of replacing Regis, they could consider rotating co-hosts with Kelly permanently.

That being said, I am really excited for Jim Parsons!

Comment by Emily – December 14, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • RE:Community video: I’m surprised that Donald didn’t have more [initial] input on the rap. Also, I lost it at “fake butter and AIDs and…Twin Peaks!” so thanks for that. Snippets of all of the songs have been popping into my head all week.

Comment by Liz – December 14, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Welcome to Community on the internet” “Shut up!” lol This show is so awesome.

Comment by Ana Muller – December 14, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dan can rap! Community will forever be awesome. I was watching season 1 eps yesterday, and they are awesome. Sixseasonsandamovie!!!

Comment by eric murphy – December 14, 2011 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • WHEN WAS THE GUY FROM IT CROWD ON THE SHOW?! I totally missed him being a guest star? He is my favorite; he’s hilarious!!!

Comment by Alicia – December 16, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh Richard Ayoade from the IT crowd was in that video
    I LOVE that show, he should totally guest star in a Community episode!

Comment by Laura – December 14, 2011 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, I love The IT Crowd, and it would be amazing for Richard Ayoade to come out from behind the camera. I’ve been wondering if Joel McHale brought him in from their own short-lived IT Crowd or if Dan Harmon & co.knew the awesomeness of Graham Linehan on their own.

Comment by Winnie – December 14, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • If more awesome people get involved with Community, there’s a good chance that I will not be able to take it.

Comment by Jo – December 15, 2011 12:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A interesting publish there mate ! Thank you for your post .

Comment by 手機行動電源 – June 21, 2013 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This weblog was… how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have discovered some thing which helped me. Thanks!

Comment by 手機行動電源 – June 21, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post