Screen Actors Guild Award Nominations: Modern Family Leads Pack, Homeland and Sons Snubbed

Get More: Awards, News

Nominations for the 18th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards were announced on Wednesday morning, and ABC’s lovable Modern Family bested all comers with a total of five nods, including Outstanding Comedy Ensemble. Dexter and 30 Rock followed with three nominations each.

Notably shut out from the proceedings are Sons of Anarchy, Homeland (including Claire Danes), Parks and Recreation and Community. The eligibility period was the 2011 calendar year.

The SAG Awards will be broadcast Jan. 29 on TNT/TBS. Check out this full list of TV nominees, then share your raves and rants in the Comments! Coming Thursday morning: the Golden Globe nominations.

DRAMA SERIES — ENSEMBLE
Boardwalk Empire (won last year)
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Game of Thrones
The Good Wife

DRAMA SERIES — MALE ACTOR
Patrick J. Adams, Suits
Steve Buscemi, Boardwalk Empire (won last year)
Kyle Chandler, Friday Night Lights
Bryan Cranston, Breaking Bad
Michael C. Hall, Dexter

DRAMA SERIES — FEMALE ACTOR
Kathy Bates, Harry’s Law
Glenn Close, Damages
Jessica Lange, American Horror Story
Julianna Margules, The Good Wife (won last year)
Kyra Sedgwick, The Closer

COMEDY SERIES — ENSEMBLE
30 Rock
The Big Bang Theory
Glee
Modern Family (won last year)
The Office

COMEDY SERIES — MALE ACTOR
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock (won last year)
Ty Burrell, Modern Family
Steve Carell, The Office
Jon Cryer, Two and a Half Men
Eric Stonestreet, Modern Family

COMEDY SERIES — FEMALE ACTOR
Julie Bowen, Modern Family
Edie Falco, Nurse Jackie
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Sofia Vergara, Modern Family
Betty White, Hot In Cleveland (won last year)

TV MOVIE OR MINISERIES — MALE ACTOR

Betty White, The Lost Valentine
Kate Winslet, Mildred Pierce

STUNT ENSEMBLE
Dexter (Showtime)
Game of Thrones (HBO)
Southland (TNT)
Spartacus: Gods of the Arena (Starz)
True Blood (HBO)

(Nominees for the film categories can be found here.)

Comments (210)

• I’d love to see Jessica Lange take it in the Drama Actress category. Her work on AHS has been incredible.

Comment by DL – December 14, 2011 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wholeheartedly agree with you.

Comment by Beth – December 14, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me, too. No else in her category even comes close to her.

Comment by Todd – December 14, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Claire Danes should have been nominated and she should win that category. Unfortunately no one from Homeland (the best new show on TV) was even nominated…

Comment by Jason C – December 14, 2011 04:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I do agree with you on that. I haven’t watched the most recent season of Harry’s Law, but based on what I saw in the first season, I surprised Bates picked up a nom over Danes, although I can’t make a judgment since I haven’t watched season two. Because there’s no supporting category here, it’s a really tough bracket.
          I was going to say I thought maybe Danes could have gotten a nomination over Kyra Sedgwick, despite the fact that I’m a huge The Closer fan and watch it every week, and then when I thought about her work in regards to the lawsuit storyline as well as the case with the kid who [spoiler] in interrogation, I changed my mind.
          Really tough category!

Comment by DL – December 14, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wish the whole AHS cast had been nominated, but Lange is truly terrific, my god, she just sears the screen.

Comment by Plum – December 14, 2011 08:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree! I wish the ensemble was nominated as well. The guy who plays Tate is just as compelling as Jessica Lange, the two of them in a scene are just beyond fantastic. I had to pause and re-watch the scene where she confronts him over Rubber Man baby. It was exquisitely well done, stellar.

Comment by Lizzie – December 14, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^THIS! Her work on that show has been so OUTSTANDING. Even if I weren’t a fan of the series I would have been taken in by how brilliant her performances have been. There are great actresses in this category but her body of work on AHS really stands alone when you compare it with what the others in that category have been nominated for. I can’t believe that any submission would be more deserving of recognition than hers…

Comment by dkzigs – December 14, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with all the above. She is amazing in AHS and is the best of the nominees.

Comment by Bad Breaker – December 14, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is it with these people that they keep nominating Dexter? That show has been a piece of BLEEP since season 2. And it’s gone to a whole new level of BS this year.

Comment by Chmarin – December 14, 2011 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I loved last year with Lumen. This year sucks though.

Comment by Denise – December 14, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HUH? ARE YOU OK?

Comment by josh – December 14, 2011 06:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hello, wh*re.

Comment by Doomsday Killer – December 14, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re my hero.

Comment by Doomsday Adam – December 14, 2011 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Justified should be up there instead. It just had a great second season. It’s the best crime drama on TV because it’s willing to be complex.

Comment by George – December 14, 2011 08:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree with you more. Dexter is absolute trash this year.

Comment by kip – December 14, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where the hell is Castle? Or even Stana and Nathan!

Comment by Michen – December 14, 2011 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh, come on. It’s a fun show but let’s be realistic.

Comment by T – December 14, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lmfao, I agree. It’s a lighthearted kinda of drama. Not award worthy at all. xD.

Comment by Lucas – December 14, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Are you kidding me? Have you even watched this season’s “Kill shot” episode? Lighthearted? Seriously? Stana Katic so much should have been nominatated for this one. It’s so unfair she’s constantly overlooked, nobody is more talented that this girl.

Comment by Katarzyna – December 14, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I whole-heartedly agree with you. Stana deserves the nomination for KillShot alone. She is overlooked because of the “dramedy” category and that is ridiculous. Talent is talent!

Comment by docvap – December 14, 2011 11:41 AM PDT
    • I think it’s because Castle is neither a drama nor a comedy but a dramedy. It just doesn’t fit the categories! I’d say: TIME FOR NEW CATEGORIES!!!! Because Castle is freakin’ AWESOME and deserves a lot of awards!

Comment by Caskett – December 14, 2011 07:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Terriers was Dramedy Noir but was basically ignored by award assemblies after it’s cancellation. If castle was even fourth as good i would agree with you.

Comment by George – December 14, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • JESSICA LANGE FOR ALL THE AWARDS.

Comment by Stephanie – December 14, 2011 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Julianna!

Comment by cc – December 14, 2011 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! And TGW should win drama ensemble–everyone in the cast brings it!
      Also, yay for Southland :)

Comment by Saint Alicia – December 14, 2011 01:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jessica Lange may look good for the award but Julianna did a wonderful job this year and year before so, Jessica don’t stand a chance no matter what, Julianna did better.

Comment by JT – January 11, 2012 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish people would stop nominating Glee for awards already.

Comment by scooterbeanbag – December 14, 2011 06:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly. Anything that nominates Glee over Community or Parks & Recreation is automatically void.

Comment by natalia – December 14, 2011 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I involuntarily shouted “REALLY?” when I saw Glee was there but not P&R. I mean come on, the 3rd season was the closest thing to perfection I’ve ever seen on tv. I also don’t understand the continued love for Modern Family. It feels like they are just sloshing through the same story over and over again. Modern Family was excellent in the first season but has progressed into a predictable snoozefest ever since. To kind of quote the great Ron Swanson, I think awards are stupid, but they’d be less stupid if they went to the right people.

Comment by EXACTLY! – December 14, 2011 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just to clarify my statement, the 3rd season of Parks & rec was the closest thing to perfection I’ve ever seen on TV. Glee is just unbareable and has been since it became a huge money grab around the time their 12th album was released.

Comment by EXACTLY! – December 14, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • While I still like Glee, Paks and Rec. is so much better and deserves the credit.

Comment by Russ – January 29, 2012 12:14 PM PDT
        • MF is far better and funner show than Parks and Rec

Comment by Mike – December 14, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Really??? You apparently don’t have eyes, ears OR a brain.

Comment by Really – December 14, 2011 09:45 PM PDT
      • Why on earth do you people keep watching Glee??? I abandoned it when season 2 started.

Comment by Nadia – December 14, 2011 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve ceased watching Glee this seaon; just got tired of them repeating the same plot points over and over. I think I got sung-out or lip sync fatigue, not sure what happened but it was a must see one minute and dreck the next.

Comment by Plum – December 14, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who made you TV God

Comment by Jon – December 14, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YES! They only deserved it for the first year. Last night’s episode was painful to watch and the show is uneven on a good night.

Comment by Denise – December 14, 2011 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously! I get the fact that all 90 people that vote for Golden Globes love it- but surely more people than that vote for SAG? That’s why when the Emmy’s come around, Parks and Rec is up where it belongs and Glee rallys around Jane Lynch. The show is awful.

Comment by Alice – December 14, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s funny because “Glee” gets a lot of hate online, but I still know plenty of people who watch and love it. Before the “bad taste” or “stupid” comments come, everyone has different opinions. Why should you insult someone for theirs when you can say your own? It’s much easier for people to be mean, but it feels so much better to be nice. :)

Comment by Brittany – December 14, 2011 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because comments are a forum for different opinions it’s not “mean” to voice an opinion, and just because people love the show, doesn’t mean it deserves an award
        To be perfectly honest the show is an erratic mess and although the singing might be exceptional the story lines are tired, cliche and the writing is a MESS

Comment by Kate – December 14, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry, I didn’t mean that it was mean for someone to say they didn’t like the show, I meant it’s mean when they criticize someone else for liking it. And I also agree that “Parks and Rec” (it’s the best comedy on TV BY FAR imo and Poehls and Offerman are brilliant) and “Community” should have been nominated over “Glee,” but I don’t believe “The Office” should have been (for the past few seasons)nominated at all, so I would have had it be “Parks and Rec,” “Community,” “Glee,” “The Big Bang Theory,” and “Modern Family.” =)

Comment by Brittany – December 14, 2011 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Plenty of people love and watch CSI yet its not getting awards. Just because people still watch it and love it does not mean it is award worthy. I happen to watch Glee still, just barely though, and can’t believe it got nominated over Parks and Rec and Community. Glee maybe has 3 or 4 laugh out loud moments in any given hour episode while the actual comedies have 5 times that in half the time.

Comment by Christina – December 14, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Jim Parsons???

Comment by Leslie – December 14, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SAG never nominated him in the individual category, even though he won the Golden Globes and Emmys… Still wondering why… at least he’ll win if TBBT wins ensemble cast… Though just like the Emmys this might be a MF sweep…

Comment by rantmuch – December 14, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thoguht he was shut out last year too. I’m sorry but Jon Cryer over him..no way

Comment by Leslie – December 14, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • EXACTLY what I was thinking.

LIKE I want to do some smacking.

WTF

Steve Carell better win

Comment by Sasha – December 14, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • totally agree. Jon Cryer over Jim Parsons?!? that’s so wrong. actually there are many people who should be nominated before Jon Cryer.

Comment by gb – December 14, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also don’t get how julie bowen is nominated (or won an emmy for that matter) she is the least funny of the cast imo

Comment by jen – December 14, 2011 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the producers of modern family are paying people off

Comment by SonR – December 14, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Community?? Parks and Recreation??

Comment by Rachel – December 14, 2011 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the misspelled Community as Modern Family again…..dumb shmucks

Comment by SonR – December 14, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Still no Community?!

Comment by Dee – December 14, 2011 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEXTER WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

NO NOMINATION FOR JENNIFER CARPENTER??? AGAIN???!!! THAT SUCKS…

Comment by josh – December 14, 2011 06:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Connie Britton? No ensemble nomination for FNL? Also nothing for Parenthood or Parks & Recreation? And I love Suits and I think Patrick J. Adams is delightful, but that show isn’t close to deserving a nomination for anything. I’ll watch to see if Kyle wins, but this show is officially a joke.

Comment by Josh – December 14, 2011 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree, Josh. If any show deserves an ensemble nomination it’s FNL.

Comment by Bad Breaker – December 14, 2011 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed as well. At least Kyle Chandler finally got the Emmy. Though the show really is all about the connecting characters and is completely deserving of an ensemble nom. Thank goodness the critics at least are unanimous in believing its brilliance.

Comment by Maggie – December 14, 2011 09:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why, because YOUR show didn’t get truly nominated with more? Listen, that FNL was even considered is the true joke. Overrated drivel and I’m not alone with this sentiment.

Comment by Tania – December 14, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why am I even surprised any more that John Noble gets routinely ignored.

Comment by Donna – December 14, 2011 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this.

Comment by J – December 14, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. Wondering what he needs to do more on this show to FINALLY gets a nomination. I mean yeah, i love castle, but john noble is john noble.

Comment by A. – December 14, 2011 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anna Torv, again in this season outstanding, another version of Olivia, the double act in two episodes, and so brilliant in season 3.
      SWhere is the so long overdue recognition for Anna Torv.

Comment by Dunham – December 14, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ditto! John Noble for President!

Comment by Alienate – December 14, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where is the best show on tv s.o.a
    cmon people…get it right

Comment by anthony – December 14, 2011 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are correct to be upset that Fringe was not nominated.

Comment by jacks – December 14, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Looks like S.O.A. is…

puts on sunglasses

S.O.L.
      YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Comment by Det. Horatio Cane – December 14, 2011 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hey! The sunglasses are popular because of me. Are we clear, Cane?

Comment by Neo – December 14, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • LMAO
          You guys are hilarous!

Comment by Mike – December 14, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shocked to see Patrick Adams here, but I love it. Have to agree about Jim Parsons, though.

Comment by Elizabeth – December 14, 2011 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too am surprised but ecstatic over the nomination for Patrick Adams. Suits was the best show on television over the summer and I am really glad to see this deserved nomination.

Comment by opus – December 14, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no parks and rec? no community? no amy poehler? this is ridiculous o.O

Comment by S. from A. – December 14, 2011 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is it with awards ignoring CASTLE and it’s cast? Both Nathan and Stana are terrific actors and yet they are never nominated!

Comment by Sam – December 14, 2011 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Caskett – December 14, 2011 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, no Jim Parsons for the Comedy Category? He has been snubbed for a while with SAG now. Emmy and Golden Globes, but still no SAG love… Surprised Glee is still nominated after that awful 2nd season, although this is for the cast which I think compensate for the aweful writing… Also, I believe Melissa McCarthy is nominated in the movie category but not the TV ones… weird…

Comment by rantmuch – December 14, 2011 06:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HAHAHAHAHA. No Parks, no Community, no Homeland? They clearly don’t watch TV. Dexter and Glee nominations by now are just an embarrassment.

Comment by Nanda – December 14, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jessica Lange is the only one I’d accept as a winner to make up for the lack of a Katey Sagal nomination. :’(

Comment by Lucas – December 14, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF!! Where’s Nikita noms?? Nikita has great cast n writters

Comment by m – December 14, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Calm down….you should know NOTHING from the CW gets Nominated for any important award.

You should accept that

Comment by Sasha – December 14, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to see Kyle Chandler nominated.

Comment by Kaye – December 14, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do the Screen Actors Guild awards hate Parks and Recreation? No show deserved a comedy ensemble nod more than Parks did.

Comment by S – December 14, 2011 06:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yawn, another year, more of the same, next

Comment by Alex – December 14, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sigh… no community, no sons of anarchy… boourns

Comment by Amanda – December 14, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Good Wife deserves the best drama award, aswell as best actress ( Marguilles ). Other than that I’d vote for Jim Parsons, Big Bang Theory and Kate Winslet.

Comment by Ingmar – December 14, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh the nominations and awards NEVER go to the shows that really deserve them……

Comment by Karen – December 14, 2011 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s like they don’t even watch TV, these events rarely highlight the more inventive or original shows, they continue to simply nominate the same shows, no matter how tired or underserving they are
    and can someone enlighten me on Modern Family because i’ve watched it and it’s become repetitive and is hardly original or engaging to achieve so many nominations and wins

Comment by Laura – December 14, 2011 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just because its not original doesn’t mean its not good, it is hilarious

Comment by Jon – December 14, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Awards are supposed to celebrate the exceptional, and modern family has simply been a shadow of its first season
        it might be mildly funny, but its not award worthy, or at least to the extent its been receiving

Comment by Kate – December 14, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Patrick J. Adams instead of SEAN BEAN?! WTF is wrong with these idiots?!

Comment by Michelle – December 14, 2011 06:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is because Patrick can keep his head while all about him are losing it.

Comment by Jacks – December 14, 2011 06:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I shouldn’t laugh at this but I am.

Comment by Natalie – December 14, 2011 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Clever…I see what you did there.

Comment by AmandaW – December 14, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was Game of Thrones first season, I am sure Sean Bean will have a better chance next season.

Comment by Laura – December 14, 2011 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not so sure about that one… lol

Comment by Sara – December 14, 2011 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This was a joke, right?

Comment by nonabgo – December 14, 2011 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s just mean Laura. Funny, but mean.

Comment by Alice – December 14, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think Suits is a great show and am glad Patrick got the nomination. Kinda surprised but will take it. Need fresh blood and he is good.

Comment by Denise – December 14, 2011 06:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really? SOA, Katey, really??!!??

Comment by Sue – December 14, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously! Katey and Maggie deserved personal nominations and the cast deserved an ensemble nomination.

I am so mad. Hopefully the Globes get it right tomorrow morning!

Comment by Lucas – December 14, 2011 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Do these people even watch television? It seems they check out the names and vote for the ones they’re more familiar with. There is no way Glee has been better than either Community or Parks & Recreation (to name a couple of shows). And we’re talking about performances only, right? NO WAY IN HELL.

Comment by natalia – December 14, 2011 06:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You realize this is opinion not fact right?

Comment by Jon – December 14, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK YOU. Why they never get nominated for anything is beyond me.

Comment by Lauren – December 14, 2011 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are correct, it is amazing that Fringe did not get anything.

Comment by Jacks – December 14, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where’s Homeland?!?

Comment by Andrea – December 14, 2011 06:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here! Here! Homeland and Clair Danes is the best thing on TV.

Maybe SAG can’t afford a Showtime subscription.

Dane’s latest episode, with her face all messed up, and off her meds….. was damn terrific.

Comment by Alienate – December 14, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So true…I just can’t believe that Claire Danes, Mandy Patinkin or even Damian Lewis were not nominated. Danes is riveting in her role and this last episode was brilliant! Hopefully there will be some Homeland nominations for the Golden Globes.

Comment by aen – December 14, 2011 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the SAG awards need to have categories for supporting actors in TV dramas and comedies. For a guild that is entirely concerned with acting, it seems silly that they don’t. I do like the ensemble category but I think they should honour more individual achievement too.

Comment by silentj – December 14, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where the hell is Claire Danes ? Best female performance of the year. Homeland deserves the drama award. Hope the award goes to Jessica Lange.

Comment by David – December 14, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes,David, couldn’t agree more. They was robbed!

Comment by Mel – December 14, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I am also shocked. This has by far the best cast, best acting, best everything this year. I am in shock.

Comment by Sarah – December 14, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I’m with you Sarah. Homeland is just excellent all around.

Comment by Tania – December 14, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • no Stana Katic? no Nathan Fillion? really?

Comment by l – December 14, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, really. Why should they even be considered? Castle is not a high caliber show. It is just a routine, predictable silly series. Something to kill time. It has no teeth.

Comment by Tania – December 14, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So nothing new. Same old same old nominees.

Comment by Guy – December 14, 2011 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seems to me like the cable networks are dominating more then ever in the Drama cataory! I think its because the regular networks don’t have any original ideas anymore. Dont get me wrong I watch several of them but most of them fall in three catagorys. Hospital, Lawyer or Crime….

Comment by mandy – December 14, 2011 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so right! I told my husband the same thing the other night, something along the lines of, “oh great, another crime drama”. It is ridiculous. HBO, IMHO, is very cutting edge and unique.

Comment by AmandaW – December 14, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Homeland is the best written show on TV right now, right on par with Breaking Bad. And Claire Danes? Spellbinding! To leave this show, and their wonderful actors out (and Mandy Patinkin and the rest of the cast deserve kudos as well),is just idiotic. What is wrong with these people? So skipping this awards derby,thanks!

Comment by Mel – December 14, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Why was Homeland not nominated for anything or are they not eligible to be nominated?

Comment by sabrina – December 14, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • According to the SAG rules, Homeland does qualify. They just didn’t get enough votes to contend this year apparently. Well there is next year.

Right now we have the Golden Globes and Emmys to look forward to. Hopefully, Homeland gets recognized then.

Comment by Tania – December 14, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree. It’s totally criminal that they overlooked Homeland and Claire Daines…ridiculous !

Comment by Bad Breaker – December 14, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Office? That show hasn’t been funny for three seasons.

Comment by Jennifer – December 14, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dexter shouldnt be anywhere near nominations this year. Did any of them try watching it?

Comment by Jay – December 14, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s embarrassing that this season of Dexter was nominated over Sons of Anarchy.

Comment by Sally – December 14, 2011 07:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I AGREE!

Season 4 of Sons of Anarchy was their best (tied with season 2). Such a shame.

Comment by Lucas – December 14, 2011 07:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • no it is not because i will always watch Dexter whether it is good or bad because i am a fan until the very end. I love this show no matter what

Comment by Melinda Vaughan – January 12, 2012 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched all the episodes of Suits and I enjoyed it, but nominating Patrick J. Adams over Damian Lewis in Homeland is completely ridiculous. I can’t believe that Community and Homeland were both shut out.

In fact, if they were going to nominate a USA show, I think White Collar is better acted and I would prefer to see Matt Bomer or Tim Dekay get a nomination.

Comment by Chelsea – December 14, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so bored and annoyed with all the politics in Hollywood. Afraid to take any chances and always the same vanilla, safe nominations.
    BORING!

Sean Bean, Katey Sagal, Claire Danes, Mandy Patinkin all worthy of recognition. The only surprise in this entire list is Jessica Lange. At least they finally went out of the box on one nomination. Is this their “token” edgy nom?

(Although, I will say congrats to Kyle Chandler, another one who has been overlooked through the years.)

Comment by Cora – December 14, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it just me or do the same people get nominated every year? Just an observation. The only highlight was Jessica Lange is nominated.

Comment by Sue – December 14, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with the previous post about Homeland, competely ridiculous to leave this amazing acted/written series. What did SAG do copy and paste last years nominations?

Comment by Lynne – December 14, 2011 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah no Community, no Parks and Rec, no Homeland. This nomination list is silly…

And why is Glee even on this? Season 1 Glee was not bad, but everything after that is pretty meh

Comment by Andy – December 14, 2011 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes, SILLY is the perfect word for this nomination list!

Comment by Tim – December 14, 2011 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess SAG people don’t care about quality at all

Comment by Maggie – December 14, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Couldn’t agree more. If they did, then Stana Katic from “Castle” would be on this list. I hope Jessica Lange wins, love this actress :) Actually I would love to see a BIG SCREEN movie with her and Stana Katic together.

Comment by Katarzyna – December 14, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Community or Pars and Rec?? Way to nominate “quality” shows

Comment by Amy – December 14, 2011 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Quality is in the eye of the beholder

Comment by M – December 14, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how Jon Cryer continues to get nominated for awards is beyond ALL reason. that show is what’s wrong with America.

go MF, Kyle & Julianna!

SNUBS: Big Bang (Kaley!), Parenthood, and FNL ensemble.

Comment by Samantha F – December 14, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the hell?!?! Why is NCIS not nominated?? NCIS should NOT be overlooked anymore!

GO Modern Family and The Good Wife!

Comment by superboetti – December 14, 2011 07:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NCIS is one of the best ensemble casts hands down…it wouldn’t have survived this long and maintained its ratings if it wasn’t. BUT, as much as I love the show, it is not heavy drama which is what most of the others bring to the table.

I am ticked no SOA, Fringe or Community. And Jon Cryer….CMON.

Comment by auntiemm – December 14, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Patrick Admams??? But no Damian Lewis, what a crock! I can’t believe Homeland didn’t get any nominations. Both Lewis and Claire Danes have been brilliant.

Also, love that Kyle Chandler is on there but what about Connie Britton for the final season of FNL. She deserves it just as much.

Comment by wmcc520 – December 14, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WTF!!!!! Where is Homeland and Sons of Anarchy or Treme for that matter? kathy Bates but no Clair Danes?! GLEE AND BIG BANG THEORY but no Community?!? WTF!!!

Comment by Kaibosh – December 14, 2011 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post