Olivia Benson Vs. Jane Rizzoli in Round 3 of 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Tournament

Law & Order aficionados might experience split loyalties during Round 3 Day 6 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

Psych’s Juliet Tries to Topple Castle’s Kate in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney

In one corner, we’ve got SVU‘s Olivia Benson, and in the other, Rizzoli & Isles‘ Jane Rizzoli — played by former L&O standout Angie Harmon. Yet while both Benson and Rizzoli will enter the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next couple of weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Alias’ Sydney Bristow Battles Chuck’s Sarah Walker in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney!

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Kayla says:

Angie Harmon.

2. Templar says:

I voted for Rizzoli, but more on the strength of loving Harmon in her old L&O days. Benson is just too brittle for my taste.

3. mandy_dickson says:

Does’nt matter wot picture they put up of mariska she’s still georgous, I love watchin her in SVU think she’s amazing, but angie harmon in rizzoli&Isles wow totally love her charactor jane rizzoli so she gets my vote go jane :)

4. Meri says:

Angie Harmon, no doubt. Jane Rizzoli’s character fits her like a glove!

5. Danielle H says:

How the heck is Benson losing by so much!? She’s much more attractive then the other one…

6. Nikki says:

Even if Mariska/Olivia doesn’t win this she is still the most beautiful woman in the world. Just google image the woman. Though I love Angie Harmon, I love MH even more and is much more crushable. Her character is a fighter to the end and so absolutely lovable. Just think of her personal history.
    Olivia all the way.

And thanks for the picture change though Angie’s is still a glamour shot and Olivia’s in character.

7. Mmhlove says:

Mariska hands down she needs to win I love benson and mariska hargitay!!!!!!

8. lesly says:

I like both but i don’t know what i should do to vote because both are the best. But i vote for jana. Go jane.

9. Delores says:

Totally in support of Angie Harmon! She plays it far more real…coming from the perspective of a person in the prosecution business.

10. Eryn says:

I couldn’t agree more. Angie Harmon is the only woman I would legitimately turn lesbian for. She’s hot as hell.

11. DL says:

I love Benson but to me she’s not really crushable. She’s an amazing, strong, multifaceted woman, but nowhere near as hot as Angie Harmon’s Rizzoli. Maybe Benson of several years ago, but not today’s Benson.

12. Heather h says:

By Far Angie – Mariska is looking worn out and chubby these days.,

13. Liz Arbogast says:

Like Angie Harmon best. Still like Mariska too. But put them up against Castle’s Stana Katic. Stana has my vote every time.

14. Sharon - Chicago says:

It was a hard decision to make, they are both attractive and great actress. I had to go with Angie Harmon

15. Meleta says:

OMG – Angie with that deep sexy voice and that swagger to her Rizzoli walk – wins hands down – Law & Order, Womens Murder Club – she is a real HOTTIE….

16. lethargic says:

Has any straight men besides me voted in this thing? I’m amazed at how this thing is turning out. Is everybody being really sarcastic?

17. Heather says:

Oh get over it. You know who the actresses are, regardless of what their photos show. If you have to rely on the photos, I guess you’re not ‘crushing’ hard enough.

18. Peter says:

Ugh, Angie Harmon is not the least bit appealing to me. Something about her is so incredibly annoying.

But Benson has been pissing me off for years. So my vote’s for Rizzoli. ~Begrudgingly~

19. Tracy says:

I really like them both, but my vote has to go to Mariska…

20. Lori says:

I totally love both of them, but my heart belongs to Olivia! I’ve admired Mariska her for 13 years now! :)

21. mariette says:

I like Benson a lot, but my vote will have to go to Rizzoli. Must say, it was a difficult choice, but in the end I like Jane just a bit more.

22. Samye says:

Personally I think both women are very beautiful, they can both act and I loved them both for yrs. I voted for both

23. Mikey says:

Angie Harmon RULES!!! She’s the type of woman we all should want to be. And when she’s kickin’ ass, she doesn’t need to take names!! SVU/MURDER CLUB/RIZZOLLI and ISLES

24. Alex says:

Mariska is not attractive. At all.
    Angie, on the other hand… *Fans self*

25. Norma M says:

Angie Harmon as Jane Rizzoli FTW!!!

26. Liz says:

Harmon by a landslide…that woman is absolutely gorgeous!!!

27. Goddess says:

I have some great shots of Mariska, both her and Angie r my crushes, but Mariska is tops…Olivia

28. Brad says:

I can’t bear what has happened to Olivia Benson the last many years. She used to be a great character, but that was a looong time ago.

And these comments about Jane Rizzoli not being “feminine.” Whatever. My eyes are sprained from all the rolling. Olivia Benson in her heyday and Jane Rizzoli now have both been been taken to task for that. All I can say is, “Bring on the Swagger. It’s quite crushable.”

29. NitaPita says:

Olivia, of course! Harmon tweeted that she worked her butt off to get SVU started. WTF?!? She was in 3 episodes total, I believe. How does she take credit for that show getting off the ground? Did I miss her as the exec. producer, director or writer? Yeah right.

30. Melinda says:

ANGIE HARMON!!!!!
    RIZOLLI for sure!!!!

31. bro says:

Jane definitely. Though my love for Olivia still remains!

32. april says:

I love both but lately has been annoyed with olivia on SVU i am a huge Rizzoli fan…..so go angie!!!!

33. Barbie says:

I’m VERY surprised Angie Harmon is still winning today, I thought Benson would be smashing her. I’m glad.

34. Kimberly Allred says:

Mariska Hargitay/Olivia Benson For sure there is not a woman on this planet as Hot as she is. She is a beautiful woman inside and Out.

35. lkleo says:

Crushability categories: attractiveness,likability,complexity.Harmon/Eizzoli easily on the first rwo,Hargitay/Benson easily on the last one (helps to have superior writers).Advantage:Rizzoli.

36. taytay says:

People it shouldnt matter the pic! If you watch the shows, shouldnt you already know who you have a crush on duh!? I like them both but Angie is my crush since L&O!!!

37. sacha says:

Angie has asked his fans to vote for her on twitter and Mariska did not,that’s why Angie is winning

38. Hailey says:

OLIVIA BENSON ALL THE WAY!

39. Jo B. says:

As a fan of SVU and Rizzoli and Isles this is tough one. But for me, it’s gotta be Olivia Benson. Tough with a heart, she not only touches the victims that she encounters, but also her co- workers especially her former partner, Elliot Stabler and his wife. Olivia kept him grounded, kept him together with his wife. That’s something else.

I love Jane too – but Olivia has got history already. Give it a few more seasons, and I’m sure this would be a harder vote.

40. anonymous fan of R&I and SVU!!!!!!!! says:

OMG! ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!! I LOOOOOOVEEEEEE SVU AND I LOOOOOOVEEEEEE RIZZOLI&ISLES, PLUS, THEY BOTH WORKED TOGETHER ON SVU! AT THE FIRST EPISODES!!!

41. Wendy says:

Mariska definitely.
    They could have chosen a much better picture of her out of character, like others have said

42. Britt says:

While I love Svu, Angie as Rizzoli stole my heart. Not only is she bada$$ shes compassionate, risk taking, street smart, gorgeous, hilarious and has a great voice.

43. Kira says:

Jane/Angie….Come on! You just gotta love the voice. It’s hot!

44. Mallory says:

Angie Harmon as Jane Rizzoli! Best show ever

45. Roni says:

I don’t like the way this bracket is setup cuz I think these two should be the last two remaining. Other top candidates would be Bones, Abby & Ziva rom NCIS, Maria Bello from Prime Suspect. I have to choose MARITSKA HARGITAY cuz she’s one of the groundbreakers and has been Olivia for so long she has perfected it and others learn from her model of being a female detective.

46. Roni says:

I don’t know anything about Angie saying she started SVU but remember SVU is a spinoff of the original Law & Order where Angie was already on. She was in fact part of the spinoff as an Assistant ADA. Maybe that is what Angie is referring to.

47. Pale24 says:

I see many people don’t like the way SVU is taking Olivia recently but I think you need to consider Olivia as a whole over all the years and Rizzoli over the last two years. Both women are amazingly attractive and it makes it tough. I guess Olivia was the original and for more years so she should have the edge but both women are truly amazing.

48. Anon says:

It is easy to understand why Mariska did not win. His fan club is composed of middle-aged people, who do not live on the Internet. For me Mariska is a goddess and one of the most beautiful women in the world.

49. Carmichael says:

*Does dance of joy* (which Galen does in the open credits of Crusade) WOO HOO! Not only did Benson FINALLY go down, she lost to someone I support! Happy day!

50. cj says:

….and i thought this is easy.. o.o ok. I’m voting for angie harmon! I have a huge girl crush on her!