Olivia Benson Vs. Jane Rizzoli in Round 3 of 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Tournament

Law & Order aficionados might experience split loyalties during Round 3 Day 6 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament.

Psych’s Juliet Tries to Topple Castle’s Kate in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney

In one corner, we’ve got SVU‘s Olivia Benson, and in the other, Rizzoli & Isles‘ Jane Rizzoli — played by former L&O standout Angie Harmon. Yet while both Benson and Rizzoli will enter the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next couple of weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Alias’ Sydney Bristow Battles Chuck’s Sarah Walker in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney!

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (126)

• This wasn’t really a fair fight with the pictures you displayed for each actress. Angie Harmon gets a glamour shot with her being blown back in the wind, and Mariska gets a dowdy shot of her in character,definitely not looking her best.

Comment by TV Addict – December 14, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree completely. TVline should load the best pictures they have of all contestants. Very unfair here.

Comment by opus – December 14, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You took the words right out of my mouth.

Comment by Kristen – December 14, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Very true. Hopefully, it’ll still be a close one.

Comment by PJM – December 14, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hear your squabbles, and raise you one Benson glamour shot. ;)

Comment by Michael Slezak – December 14, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Harmon still looks worst

Comment by M – December 14, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • agreed mariska looks better and is better in every way possible. first off the picture is unfair and mariska is 10 years older i mean really???
        but mariska all the way baby go benson go mariska!!!!!

Comment by mmhlove23 – December 15, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was just going to say that.

Comment by Laura – December 14, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Glamour shot or not, Angie is still the hottest!

Comment by BlueByU – December 14, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No way it stays this way for long, but go Jane!!

Comment by Rachel – December 14, 2011 12:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO OLIVIA !

Comment by Nil – December 14, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mariska by far!!!

Comment by Caitlyn – December 14, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love them both but I’ve loved Liv longer. Go BENSON!!!

Comment by Gia – December 14, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know if TVline is to blame here. As a longtime SVU fan one things Ive noticed n that has irked me is that Mariska almost never poses for pics for the show. I think you have to go back like 3 seasons to find her latest one and she looks very diffrent.

Comment by lauren – December 14, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha, so true. Angie Harmon gets a glamour shot while Olivia is dressed for the arctic. Still, my vote goes to Olivia. Love her!!

Comment by Jen – December 14, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Olivia wins no matter what

Comment by Amber – December 14, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have such a girl crush on Queen Mariska and I love her character, Olivia. So there goes my vote.

Although, they could have chosen a better picture of her. Mariska is simply gorgeous and this does not do her justice.

Comment by April – December 14, 2011 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon without a doubt.

Comment by Emgee – December 14, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There has been something “off” about Olivia’s appearance all season. Are the producers deliberately trying to frump her up? It’s like she aged a whole bunch all of a sudden.

Comment by Linderella – December 14, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree! She just doesn’t look the same. Mariska is still gorgeous though, but something is off.

Comment by April – December 14, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon is hot, but I certainly wouldn’t want to date Jane. At least she’s not as abrasive as she was in the first few episodes. Olivia gets my vote here.

Comment by emilyap – December 14, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this is definitely one of the weaker match-ups in this round. Harmon is super pretty and so is Hargitay, but both of the characters they play are super brusque and abrasive and I don’t find either of them all that crushable. I voted for Rizzoli based on looks alone in this one.

Comment by Billie – December 14, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What and absurdly weak bracket this is. Cake walk for Harmon to the Elite 8.

Comment by David – December 14, 2011 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mariska by far..gotta love her so amazing and beautiful! But so true this picture isn’t the best, even I could find a better one than that of her, so that’s my vote. OLIVIA BENSON TO WIN!!!! :)

Comment by chloe – December 14, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The current score makes me happy. Go Rizzoli!

Comment by Carmichael – December 14, 2011 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mariska all the way.. she looks amazing almost 100% of the time :D

Comment by Nikki – December 14, 2011 02:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mariska wins by faaaaar! (:
    Love you Mariska<3

Comment by Kailey – December 14, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane Rizzoli all the way. I love the character and the actress

Comment by Svenja – December 14, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Rizzoli!

Comment by Justin – December 14, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Mariska/Olivia, but Angie is flat out one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. Love her!

Comment by Meg – December 14, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My two favorites D: I agree with almost everyone here though…Mariska gets my vote. I love them both, but I’ve loved Liv for longer.

Comment by Sophie – December 14, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Linderella, took the words right out of her mouth…and I still love Olivia/Mariska but she’s been looking kind of bloated.

Comment by Sophie – December 14, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This just shouldn’t be a third round match up. Don’t like this bracket. Kind of like Tennessee & UConn meeting in the third round of the NCAA Tourney—just shouldn’t happen. But now that I’ve vented on the bracket, still have to go with Benson.

Comment by Becky – December 14, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on, you’re better than this TV Line!!! It’s like you’re asking us to vote for Angie Harmon with that photo…heck if you look back it seems you favor one actress over the other by the photo you choose of them. How is this a fair poll??!!!

Comment by Annabelle – December 14, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the hell how is Olivia Benson losing?!?!

Comment by Sara – December 14, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right?! I can’t believe it!!! Mariska is one of the most beautiful women I’ve ever seen. And Olivia Benson is the reason I have watched SVU this long.

Comment by Lyria – December 14, 2011 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad you guys changed the picture of Mariska. It was like you wanted all of the votes to go to Angie. Mariska all day!

Comment by April – December 14, 2011 02:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liv Benson all the way! She’s a total lioness fighting in every case! I love her <3

Comment by Vicky – December 14, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon (Abby Carmicheal)

Comment by Dame Diva – December 14, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon!!!!!!! Jane Rizzoli

Comment by Dame Diva – December 14, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mariska all the way!! Benson rules!

Comment by Amanda – December 14, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon!!!!

Comment by Lori – December 14, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It also helps that Angie Harmon is probably one of the prettiest women ever.

Comment by sam – December 14, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie harmon! Jane rizzoli is more fun than Benson

Comment by amanda – December 14, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Hargitay! She is a Goddess!

Comment by Jessica – December 14, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmon wins my vote for best actress & and for beauty.

P.s. it’s not always about the looks!!!

Mariska is also beautiful. But Angie wins my vote for best actress!!!

Comment by Odette – December 14, 2011 02:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Olivia Benson all the way. I love Jane, but she’s nothing compared to Olivia.

Comment by Mike – December 14, 2011 03:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OLIVIA ALLTHE WAY.

who would even vote for Angie?! She’s an uneducated dumb republican.

Comment by Dana – December 14, 2011 03:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As a democrat myself, the fact that you call Angie Harmon uneducated because of her political beliefs actually makes you come off as the uneducated one.

Comment by Nicole – December 14, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you. I’m a Republican and it’s hard to see people say things like that about us just because we don’t agree (and it happens on both sides). This is about crush-ability of the characters, not the political beliefs of the actresses!

Comment by Tia – December 14, 2011 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • no, angie harmon is literally uneducated,..

Comment by jh – June 26, 2013 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ha….you should check the statistics on which party actually has the most dumb, uneducated people. In fact, using that insult because someone is a republican is rather dumb and uneducated. Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

Comment by gl – December 15, 2011 02:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie wins for looks and acting..You go girl.

Comment by kat – December 14, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Are you deaf and blind?

Comment by Cassandra – December 14, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Deaf?! Have you heard her voice?! Hottest thing to ever exist!!

Comment by HM – December 15, 2011 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a huge fan of either, die hard Sasha fan but out of those two I would say hands Down without a doubt Angie Harmon, she’s gorgeous and she’s an amazing actress.

Comment by Darcie – December 14, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • olivia is the best

Comment by lisa – December 14, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie is more attractive, but Mariska is a better actress. The one thing I wish is that Jane’s character would tone down the tom-boy attitude. Benson’s character is still femine but tough when she needs to be.

Comment by Tammy – December 14, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I certainly believe Mariska is waaaay prettier than Angie! How is she losing?? Shes effing gorgeous!

Comment by Ashley – December 14, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think its comical that the asshats votings still don’t know how to read. Most crushable CHARACTER dumbasses, not actress. Unfortunately, Jane Rizolli lacks femininity and is a bit too sarcastic for my taste. While the character is entertaining. I wouldn’t want to date her.

Comment by Nicole – December 14, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe we’re just using the actor’s NAMES. If we think Mariska is hot, most likely we’re gonna think Liv is hot too so just because someone uses the actresses’ name doesn’t mean they’re not talking about the character, dumbass.

Comment by anon – December 14, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mariska Hargitay / Olivia Benson gets my vote.

Comment by Ellen – December 14, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For sure Marishka’s the better actress though I like both of them. Can we get a picture of her that’s not like 7 years old though? It’s unfair. And Olivia is a badass but she has soft edges and she connects with the victims better.

Comment by Tiff – December 14, 2011 03:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. Plus Olivia Benson has a more emotionally compassionate role.

Comment by Ellen – December 14, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s sooooooo hard to choose I’ve LOVED BOTH EQUALLY for years…

Comment by Kayln – December 14, 2011 03:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie. ‘Nuff said

Comment by 3doorsfan – December 14, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Angie Harmond hands down best quick wit sexy and tough.. Top female det. All the way

Comment by tammy – December 14, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post