Revenge Finds Its Grayson Patriarch in 24 Alum William Devane

Get More: Casting News, Scoop

Knots Landing and 24 alum William Devane is about to get some Revenge.

Devane has been cast in two episodes of ABC’s new hit drama as Edward Grayson, the patriarch of the Grayson clan, who is summoned to the Hamptons by his daughter-in-law, Victoria, EW.com reports.

TV’s Midseason Report Cards: Which Freshman Shows Are Making the Grade?

Even though Edward is the father of her estranged hubby Conrad, Victoria will turn to him for help in her brewing divorce battle. Sounds like father and son aren’t on the best terms.

Devane’s guest arc will air in February. Revenge returns with original episodes Jan. 4.

Excited for Grandpa Grayson’s arrival? Sound off in the comments.

Comments (17)

• Great choice casting directors. Can’t wait to see how this divorce plays out!

Comment by Kirk – December 13, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought for sure they would go to Alan Dale (seriously, the guy has been on every rich and entitled show as a mysterious gazillionaire since The O.C.) as Conrad’s dad. Frankly, I like this casting better since Conrad looks more ragged, and Devane is just that. He plays callous and bitter very well, and I am curious to see how he and Victoria will work together as a team versus Conrad (and Lydia, I suppose)!

Can’t wait for Tyler to be G-O-N-E though. That is the major hurdle we need to get over. Could they by chance kill over Tyler and have the major “case” in the second half of this first season be about the Grayson divorce. That would be awesome…

Really loving this show – my favorite by far of the fall newbies!

:O)

Comment by Um – December 14, 2011 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Welcome to the best show of the year =), can’t wait for more.

Comment by fernando – December 13, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Soooooo…. excited about this. I don’t care how old he gets, I will always have a little crush on William Devane!

Comment by Paula T – December 13, 2011 05:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fantastic casting!

Comment by tgirl – December 13, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited, he’s an awesome actor and he’ll fit in perfectly with this cast and show!!! Just wish it was more than 2 episdoes =D
    Great addition to our fave little show…

Comment by Annabelle – December 13, 2011 05:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ohhh, can’t wait. Admittedly had someone else in mind, but he’s always great, so this should be a great addition to the cast.

Just under a month to go…le sigh

bitchstolemyremote.com

Comment by Bitch Stole My Remote – December 13, 2011 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE LOVE LOVE William Devane! Knots Landing was the best show! He’ll be a great addition to Revenge.

Comment by zoot – December 13, 2011 07:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Yeah… [Cackles wickedly]

Comment by David – December 13, 2011 09:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Best news ever!
    I love him and I love this show even more now!

Comment by Sumner – December 14, 2011 05:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • William Devane is an awesome actor. Can’t wait!

Comment by Emgee – December 14, 2011 05:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome. Have loved him every since Knots Landing!! He always plays an amazing bad guy that you just love to hate!

Comment by EveatEden – December 14, 2011 06:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Excellent…now get Donna Mills to play Victoria’s mother!

Comment by Buffy Freak – December 14, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I can only imagine what (Abby) would be like on Revenge…probably much like the backstabbing woman you loved to hate on Knots.

Comment by Lindsey – December 14, 2011 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sumner is going to be on Revenge? This is great news, loved him on Knots Landing.

Comment by mark – December 14, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST television news of the year for me! One of my favorite television actors of all time is joining my favorite new show this season. I think this was a great choice…Devane has range and can play serious, conniving, or funny equally well. I do not usually invest in new shows until I am sure they will survive the season and this is one show that had my attention from the very first episode.

Comment by Lindsey – December 14, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have loved William Devane since he first started acting. He is one of the best performers in any role he plays, and should be a great addition to this wonderful show.

I watch everything he is in, but disappointed he is only on for two episodes.

Welcome aboard William, knock them dead:)

Comment by Ruth Tozer – January 25, 2012 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post