Revenge Finds Its Grayson Patriarch in 24 Alum William Devane

Knots Landing and 24 alum William Devane is about to get some Revenge.

Devane has been cast in two episodes of ABC’s new hit drama as Edward Grayson, the patriarch of the Grayson clan, who is summoned to the Hamptons by his daughter-in-law, Victoria, EW.com reports.

TV’s Midseason Report Cards: Which Freshman Shows Are Making the Grade?

Even though Edward is the father of her estranged hubby Conrad, Victoria will turn to him for help in her brewing divorce battle. Sounds like father and son aren’t on the best terms.

Devane’s guest arc will air in February. Revenge returns with original episodes Jan. 4.

Excited for Grandpa Grayson’s arrival? Sound off in the comments.

1. Kirk says:

Great choice casting directors. Can’t wait to see how this divorce plays out!

• Um says:

I thought for sure they would go to Alan Dale (seriously, the guy has been on every rich and entitled show as a mysterious gazillionaire since The O.C.) as Conrad’s dad. Frankly, I like this casting better since Conrad looks more ragged, and Devane is just that. He plays callous and bitter very well, and I am curious to see how he and Victoria will work together as a team versus Conrad (and Lydia, I suppose)!

Can’t wait for Tyler to be G-O-N-E though. That is the major hurdle we need to get over. Could they by chance kill over Tyler and have the major “case” in the second half of this first season be about the Grayson divorce. That would be awesome…

Really loving this show – my favorite by far of the fall newbies!

:O)

2. fernando says:

Welcome to the best show of the year =), can’t wait for more.

3. Paula T says:

Soooooo…. excited about this. I don’t care how old he gets, I will always have a little crush on William Devane!

4. tgirl says:

Fantastic casting!

5. Annabelle says:

So excited, he’s an awesome actor and he’ll fit in perfectly with this cast and show!!! Just wish it was more than 2 episdoes =D
    Great addition to our fave little show…

6. Ohhh, can’t wait. Admittedly had someone else in mind, but he’s always great, so this should be a great addition to the cast.

Just under a month to go…le sigh

bitchstolemyremote.com

7. zoot says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE William Devane! Knots Landing was the best show! He’ll be a great addition to Revenge.

8. David says:

Oh Yeah… [Cackles wickedly]

9. Sumner says:

Best news ever!
    I love him and I love this show even more now!

10. Emgee says:

William Devane is an awesome actor. Can’t wait!

11. EveatEden says:

Awesome. Have loved him every since Knots Landing!! He always plays an amazing bad guy that you just love to hate!

12. Buffy Freak says:

Excellent…now get Donna Mills to play Victoria’s mother!

• Lindsey says:

I can only imagine what (Abby) would be like on Revenge…probably much like the backstabbing woman you loved to hate on Knots.

13. mark says:

Sumner is going to be on Revenge? This is great news, loved him on Knots Landing.

14. Lindsey says:

BEST television news of the year for me! One of my favorite television actors of all time is joining my favorite new show this season. I think this was a great choice…Devane has range and can play serious, conniving, or funny equally well. I do not usually invest in new shows until I am sure they will survive the season and this is one show that had my attention from the very first episode.

15. Ruth Tozer says:

I have loved William Devane since he first started acting. He is one of the best performers in any role he plays, and should be a great addition to this wonderful show.

I watch everything he is in, but disappointed he is only on for two episodes.

Welcome aboard William, knock them dead:)