Glee Exclusive: Find Out What Blaine Gave Kurt For Christmas!

Get More: Exclusive, News, Scoop

Klaine ‘shippers everywhere are shouting “Bah, humbug!” over a missing scene in Tuesday’s Glee.

Among the publicity shots Fox released for this week’s Christmas-themed episode was an image of Kurt opening a present from Blaine in the halls of McKinley High.

But when the episode aired Tuesday night, the scene was missing from the telecast — leaving fans wondering both why it was cut and what the heck was in the box!

Well, TVLine has an answer to both burning questions.

First off, the sequence was trimmed because the episode was running long; it will, however, be included in the Season 3 DVD. (Another MIA sequence, Santana’s big “Santa Baby” performance, will be made available online as early as next week.) Second, and most importantly, sources confirm that had the present been opened in the episode, viewers would’ve seen Blaine give Kurt a… promise ring.

And not just any promise ring. A homemade ring made of gum wrappers. Blaine explains that financial issues prevented him from giving Kurt what he really wanted — an item from the Elizabeth Taylor collection — but something tells me Kurt was hardly disappointed by the no-frills offering. After all, “Extraordinary Merry Christmas” ultimately emphasized charity and selflessness over consumerism and flashy gifts.

As for how that ring will affect Klaine going forward — or whether we’ll see Kurt sporting it in the halls of McKinley — we’ll just have to wait to ring in the New Year.

Tags: ,

Comments (208)

• LOL at the butthurt Santana Brittana fans. Klaine is better than all of you. Get over yourselvees.

Comment by lol – December 13, 2011 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad we will get the Klaine scene sooner or later although I am still pissed that it got cut in the first place.

If there weren’t promo stills out there, I doubt they would even bother putting it on the DVD.

Comment by tirpse – December 13, 2011 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “financial issues”? Are they TRYING to make Blaine into Sam? Also, how would Blaine even have financial issues seeing as he went to a private school and everything. He should probably have MORE money now that he’s at McKinley.

Comment by Evelyn – December 13, 2011 11:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The DVD extras? Really? We have to wait till next september to maybe see those scenes?
    What a bunch of BS…

Comment by Jade – December 14, 2011 12:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine went from a private school, to a public school, and I somehow DOUBT his parents just let him because he wanted to be with Kurt.
    That right there is enough to prove that there might be some financial problems with the Andersons.
    Cause Blaine’s dad is suppose to be not very supportive of Blaine being gay, so I highly doubt he would let Blaine just drop out of a highly educated school district, to be stuck in the likes of this public school(with no offense people like Brittany and Finn)just to be with his HS sweetheart.
    I just don’t see it.

Comment by Really people? – December 14, 2011 12:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol excellent example of crazy fangirl head canon to explain the terrible character and awful writing

Comment by wpwp – December 14, 2011 02:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Who said I was even a fan of him?

Comment by You're an idiot. – December 14, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I preach this.

Comment by Jessica – December 14, 2011 03:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Blaine hadn’t even considered leaving Dalton until Kurt asked him to.

Comment by Sean C. – December 14, 2011 05:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe them… Why can’t they just release the damn scene online!

Comment by Tom – December 14, 2011 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I second this.

Comment by Jessica – December 14, 2011 03:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SERIOUSLY? Wemma’s scene of them getting together in the season 2 finale was CUT along with many other scenes which had been featured in the promos but fans never got to see them but for this little scene for Klaine it will be on the DVD? EVEN though they had their duet when Wemma’s original song wasn’t even written in the episode? Not impressed – really not impressed!

Comment by Charlotte – December 14, 2011 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes I hope so too because Finn’s overautotuned voice was unnecessary. Puck should have sang the song entirely. I enjoy campiness but the Finn star storyline was plain corny. More Artie singing vs Finn! For goodness sake graduate him off show permanently! Make more room for better talent!

Comment by Karl – December 14, 2011 01:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So They cut Santa Baby and the Box scenes but they keep the finchel multi scenes about a pig, not that wasn’t cute or whatever but i’m tired of this couple, Glee makes me dislike them.
    Enough is enough, i want a little less of Finchel, a lot more of Brittana, it’s not my first ship but i agreed with the Brittana Shippers and give us at least one more klaine kiss, because the lack of PDA is stupid.

Comment by marie – December 14, 2011 01:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You are awesome :D Reed totally gave Kurt his wardrobe :D

Comment by Hannah – December 14, 2011 01:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey Ausiello, while you’re at it, could you please find out why they keep cutting out WEMMA scenes every time? What happened to that kiss that was shown in the promo a few weeks ago huh?! Is that gonna be on the dvd too? Somehow I doubt it, cos if it’s not Klaine or Finchel, Ryan Murphy obviously doesn’t care about it…

Comment by Danielle – December 14, 2011 01:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, you guys are way overreacting. Of course Blaine can’t afford to buy Kurt LIZ TAYLOR JEWELRY that must cost thousands if not several million dollars. And except for the First Time episode, which was equally about Klaine, their hasn’t actually been that many Finchel scenes at all this season. They’ve only kissed in a couple episodes, and they haven’t even had a proper duet yet, and Kurt&Blaine have had several.

Comment by Marie – December 14, 2011 02:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was so disappointed when I didn’t see the klaine gift scene, I was waiting for it since they showed the cap :( I’m glad there’s no definite loss of it but would like it to be released on -line too. About the episode, I actually loved the black and white segment. I love almost anything vintage and the first two song had a good feel of that. Kurt and Blaine being “good friends” ;) and being adorable during Let it Snow and Rachel totally was in her element, maybe because of the theatricality of the scene I appreciated her type of acting and she totally guided all the others through My Favorite Things. Then it got bizarre but ok, I still love all of it.

Comment by Minna – December 14, 2011 02:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Your homophobia is showing when you claim to not want Klaine in the show! I can hardly understand how your a fan of Glee when you get annoyed at them.

Comment by Jessica – December 14, 2011 03:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m openly gay and “Klaine” drives me crazy, although I like Kurt. Your argument doesn’t hold water.

Comment by Ronnie – December 14, 2011 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why is it when someone says they don’t like Klaine they’re automatically labeled homophobic? It’s getting a little ridiculous. Just because a character is gay doesn’t mean you automatically have to love them. I don’t like Klaine either but it has nothing to do with them being gay. They have always annoyed the crap out of me.

Comment by Sarah – December 14, 2011 06:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Trust me, I would LOVE to see Kurt have romantic scenes with his boyfriend as long as that boyfriend isn’t BLAINE. Newsflash: Lots of people can’t stand Blainers, and lots of people have abandoned the show because of his excessive solos and airtime. I feel like I spent most of the Christmas episode fast-forwarding through Darren Criss’ face.

Comment by Lola – December 14, 2011 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right? The whole if you don’t like klaine and brittana, then that means you are homophobic argument. Klaine is the most unrealistic thing I have ever seen. It is like a boring fairy tale.

Comment by Yeah No. – December 14, 2011 08:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • this.

Comment by LOL – December 14, 2011 08:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh and I absolutely loved the “Glee Holiday Spectacular”

Comment by Jessica – December 14, 2011 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *laughs in your face*

Comment by Cormac – December 14, 2011 03:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m not really a big Wemma fan but I have to agree that those guys get the short end of the stick in regards to on screen contact. Sure we’ve been waiting two and a half years for a Brittana kiss and they’ve done nothing but hold hands ever since they finally got together (and Brittany hasn’t spoken more than three lines since October….WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?), but I’m confident that our time will come. Wemma shippers, on the other hand, have had scenes cut left, right and centre. It’s getting ridiculous. And now Klainers are whining because one little inevitably sappy scene was cut? Do they not realise how freaking good they’ve had it?! The amount of screentime they had in this episode already. Santana’s FIRST SOLO of the season, as well as her one substantial scene was cut instead of one of Blaine’s THREE songs. THAT is not fair.

Comment by Muireann – December 14, 2011 03:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Im sorry, but santana has been very prominent this season. Has sang in every episode with the exception of the second one. The two episodes before the last one were ALL about her. So no.

Comment by Huh? – December 14, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THANK GOD. My Klaine heart just melted. Can’t wait for the DVD… But I’m still wondering why they have cut what would have been the best scene in the whole episode. More Klaine and less Finchel, please.

Comment by Giulia – December 14, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t mind that they cut the Klaine-gift-giving and the Finntana-gift-shopping scenes. They would only have added inconsistencies to the plot.
    But I would trade the “Extraordinary Merry Christmas” scene for “Santa Baby” anytime!!

Comment by Kittie – December 14, 2011 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t even watch this show, but that sounds like kind of an important scene to cut. How long could it have possibly been?

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – December 14, 2011 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Since you don’t know the show, I’ll tell you that there are very few Klaine scenes that are actually important to the plot. They’re only a couple to make their fan base (which is composed primarily of young teenage girls) keep coming back to the show. The few actual plot lines that they have are finished within an episode and then it’s back to the cutesy stuff that the rest of the fan base couldn’t careless about. It was probably only a couple minutes long to begin with.

Comment by Nope – December 14, 2011 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im so happy that they are releasing the Box Scene! I hope that glee would put it in their YouTube channel though instead of waiting for the DVD. The episode was adorable :)

Comment by JMak – December 14, 2011 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The episode, AS AIRED, was brilliant! It would have been less than the special treat it was had those two scenes been left in. It deserves an Emmy for writer Martin Noxon and director Matthew Morrison at minimum!!

Comment by ASW – December 14, 2011 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • * MARTI Noxon (sorry).

Comment by ASW – December 14, 2011 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot believe they cut it!

Can’t they release the scene online how they’re planning on doing with “Santa Baby”?

Comment by Alessia – December 14, 2011 06:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ….Santa Baby! I want Santa Baby!

Klainers make up a good fraction of Gleeks. If RIB wants to ensure continuous support…Spoil us with Klaine, RIB. KLAINE.

Comment by Courvoisielle – December 14, 2011 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t a promise ring kind of a big deal? Like a teenage engagement ring? Why would the producers/writers/etc. want to release the info that Blaine and Kurt are pre-engaged-engaged online and not within the episode?

As far as Santa Baby is concerned, I can stomach Santana and Finn shopping together and acting all buddy-buddy for a little Naya song time. Other than that, I think Glee has truly screwed up Santana’s coming out.

Comment by Eliz – December 14, 2011 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My favorite part of the episode was the fact that the Klaine gift scene got cut because the online tantrum going on amongst the entitled annoying Klaine fans has been bloody priceless. As I read their comments, I hear them in Veruca Salt’s voice. Sweet, sweet schadenfreude. Hopefully by the time the scene comes out on DVD, Blaine will be off on holiday in Paris with Sebastian.

Comment by courtney – December 14, 2011 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klaine is a sold, banal cliché based on pleasing the horny, stupid girls. And these girls have NO IDEA of what a real gay couple is.

So I think it’s normal that Glee has almost shown two seventeen gay guys having effeminate, hasty and expensive ideas for a Christmas gift.
    I think I have to say it: Kurt and Blaine are NOT a real gay couple and they will NEVER be.

This is disgusting. The writers should be really ashamed of themselves.

I’ve not watched the Christmas Episode and I don’t think I’ll buy the DVD.

Comment by Mimy – December 14, 2011 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t like them either, but that might be a little harsh.

Comment by Huh? – December 14, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m really angry.

Comment by Mimy – December 14, 2011 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, though your review was a bit harsh.

Comment by Yeah.... – December 14, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is childish… And I mean the response to Blaine. I think he’s a great character, but he need an own storyline.. No, I’m not a big fan of him, but this… No.

Comment by linda – December 14, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There was no way to cut the Finchel stuff in this episode. NONE. All the scenes they had were central to their story in this episode. They only had three scenes by themselves. That is pretty much the same amount Klaine had in the first episode. They haven’t been the focus all season, and when they were they shared it with Klaine. And don’t get me started on Santana. Episode 6 and 7 were centered around her.

Comment by Yeah No. – December 14, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Blaine is the most inconsistent character on this show, which is saying something. I started out loving his character, but by the time season 2 was over, I couldn’t stand him. The writers seriously need to just all sit down and figure out what they want to do with the character, rather than all of the half-baked story lines which finish before they begin, just to have an excuse to have him around and rope in all of Darren’s fans. His personality, background, and even basic facts about him (ie: his age) change so often, they may as well bring in a plot line about him having multiple personality disorder. It would be more believable than the other crap they keep feeding us. I feel bad for Darren Criss; he gets a bad rep because of the writers’ inconsistency. To be frank, I don’t particularly care that one of his many scenes got cut- it’s not like he didn’t have several to begin with, & his scenes with Chris only emphasize how little chemistry they have anyway. I wish they’d give him a story that doesn’t involve Kurt and vice-versa. Here’s to Sebastian- maybe the writers will get some sense & bail out their sinking ship that is Klaine.

Comment by Holly – December 14, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That river song that Rachel sang did not fit with the show.. i realize they wanted to show that arty was going mad with power! (i dont think he would’ve by the way) but literally in the scene before when the irish boy sang I’ll have a blue christmas without you and everyone was complaining that it was depressing.. Rachel said “why don’t we focus on the more pageanty songs for this holiday” (or something like that) and then she goes and sings a slow depressing song.. i honestly think that shouldve been cut.. also it was glaringly obvious that Santana was not in the b&w christmas special.. that was weird too

Comment by janie – December 14, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any chance of putting the scene on the Internet somewhere?? Plz Glee? *puppy face*

Comment by Georgie – December 14, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Klainer are the most spoiled Glee fandom, but they never stop whining. :/

Comment by Andrea – December 14, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is ADORABLE. And can’t wait to see Santa Baby.

Comment by Anna – December 14, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that’s not fair. Us Wemma shippers get so many cute scenes shown in the promos that RIB just cuts. I think we deserve to see our scenes, too.

Comment by Casey – December 14, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I adore Blaine, Kurt, Klaine, and all things glee, and I hate it when people bad mouth Glee, but let’s be honest, Blaine’s character was never well- written because he was (and read this carefully) A GUEST STAR! G.U.E.S.T. He was never meant to be a main character. Thank the heavens that he is now a main character, but he was never well written or plotted out because they thought he would be on once or twice and not come back. they didnt feel the need to give him any backround, but WE WANTED KLAINE, and they didnt fail to please.
    If we’re gonna talk about inconstistacies with Blaine, lets start with age. If he’s a junior now, he was a sophomore when he made his first appearance in Season 2 (when he met Kurt), but we all though up until he mentioned it in season 3, he was Kurt’s age.
    let’s think this through. If Blaine transferred to Dalton after being bullied out of public school, that would mean he would have only been at Dalton for like 3 months when he met Kurt, which we all know was not true. So unless he left public School like 2 months after his freshmen year, it makes no sense.
    Also, If Blaine went to public school before, transferred to Dalton, and wanted to go back to public school, wouldnt he go back to the 1st one, unless they moved? You dont get to choose your public school, so in reality, going to WMHS wouldnt be an option, he would have to go back to the one in (im assuming) Westerville.
    I adore Blaine, Kurt, and Glee, but it needs to be better though out.

Comment by Klaine – December 16, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, you do pick your public school. The reason Blaine went WMHS was to be with Kurt…

Comment by LCAJB – December 22, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Everyone keeps complaining about the financial issues because it does not go with Blaine’s character…
    1) Like everyone keeps saying, the ring Kurt wanted cost A LOT of money! For someone with or without money troubles it is crazy expensive!
    2) Like everyone keeps saying AGAIN! Blaine’s parents obviously paid for Dalton, not Blaine. So Blaine’s parents might have a little money on them but Blaine himself doesn’t.
    3) Like everyone was saying AGAIN AGAIN! Blaine’s dad has been rumoured to be homophobic, so no, he wont give money so his son can buy his boyfriend a present.
    People please read the comments before you start chanting about how wrong they did it.

And finally, I am a big fan of Finchel but a fact is that they had been the centre of attention from season 1. It’s old, boring and they have done everything they can do now.
    Klaine is new (and they barely show their relationship anyway) and there is so much they can do (especially with Sebastian in it now). So don’t complain when we Klaine fans want something new rather than the same old thing that has been played out way too much.

Comment by Maxine – December 22, 2011 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am now seriously hoping that they put this online… SOON! The look on Blaine’s face, awwwww! We need more Klaine this season, they barely sit by each other in glee, and rarely hold hands… We need a good Klaine centered episode… (Because “The First Time” was still mostly Finchel…) Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing on Finchel, but their relstionship is boring, and repetitive… I gwt that Finchel is the main pairing, but Klaine and Britanna are WAY more dynamic…

Comment by LCAJB – December 22, 2011 10:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha my grandmas james is marlene and moms is marlana and it definitly his dad that dosent approve he said so in the season 2 esipode sexy he didnt say anything about his mom through

Comment by mandy – December 28, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Auto correct is stupid i meant names not james

Comment by mandy – December 28, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He could have been on a scholarship for Dalton

Comment by Gendy – December 29, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • this scene is supermegafoxyawsome hot <3

Comment by mandy – January 12, 2012 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really don’t understand people sometimes, especially shippers, its like you don’t listen, you’ll get mad about someone saying something about finchel, but then contradict yourself with hating on klaine, hello are people not aloud an oppinion anymore, snm

Comment by chloe – May 10, 2012 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post