Castle Is Heading for a Wedding – Will It Get Rick and Kate Ready for Romance?

Get More: Previews, Scoop

When ABC’s Castle returns with fresh episodes on Monday, Jan. 9, the first episode back will feature the wedding of Detective Kevin Ryan to the lovely Jenny Duffy-O’Malley. But will the undeniable romance of the big day spill over into the long-simmering but oft-stifled Castle/Beckett relationship, and maybe light a fire under those two?

For starters, Stana Katic tells us this much: Romance was in abundant supply during the filming of the episode, seeing as the fictional nuptials starred real-life marrieds Seamus and Juliana Dever, who play Kevin and Jenny.

“It was such a beautiful thing,” Beckett’s portrayer tells TVLine of shooting the ceremony. “I loved being able to see Juliana walk in with her wedding gown, because it was the kind of gown that she wanted when they were young actors getting married but they didn’t have the finances they needed to make the wedding as large as maybe it would have been in their dreams. This was a chance to kind of do a ‘second take,’ and it was fantastic to be a part of that real-life experience as well as that ‘movie-life’ experience.”

L Word‘s Jennifer Beals Cops February Sweeps Castle Storyline

But returning to the million-dollar question — might the exchange of vows get Rick and Kate in the mood to finally take a leap of their own, and pursue a romance? – Katic echoes that which Seamus Dever recently told TV Guide Magazine. (After all, “Caskett” did just spend an entire episode handcuffed to each other, for better or for worse; anything else is merely legal documentation.)

“There’s a bit of foreshadowing for the future, yes,” she told us with a playful chuckle.

ABC Extends Castle‘s Fourth Season

Are you looking forward to the Castle wedding… and any ideas it plants in certain guests’ minds?

Comments (25)

• I’m curious of the Dever’s had any actual family there as extras (so it really was like having a second wedding)?

Comment by Justin – December 13, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i was gunna say that. that would have been nice of the castle people to use various family members as extras.

Comment by TJCrinc – December 13, 2011 08:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aww, I almost got a little teary when Katic made the remark about the wedding dress. Very sweet.

Comment by aleksa – December 13, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • x2! That comment made my heart melt, that’s sooooo cute! :)

Comment by Monkeyrat – December 14, 2011 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite shows, as usual, can’t wait for the episode.

Comment by L – December 13, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn Christmas! Need me some Castle nuptials now! :0) Can’t wait for this ep; really loving the Caskett dynamic this season x

Comment by Bear75 – December 13, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like they’re queuing up something big to happen between Castle and Beckett during February sweeps which would be the obvious time to do it.

Comment by Kaibosh – December 13, 2011 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ooh, I hope so! Maybe a Valentine’s Day-themed episode, since the episode would theoretically air the day before VDay?

Comment by Caskett Shipper – December 13, 2011 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need a time machine. this season gets better and better.

Comment by Alex – December 13, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, I just know that Marlowe will finally start to bring Castle and Beckett together, only for Beckett to find out about the info on her mom’s case Castle stowed away, putting the kibosh on romance for at least another season. Otherwise, why else hasn’t that info been addressed? Damn you, Marlowe! I see your little tricks!

Comment by DL – December 13, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? And there’s also the tidbit that Beckett remembers everything from the shooting. You know those two plot points are going to come up at the most untimely moment and put a wedge between them.

Comment by Little Scarf Girl – December 13, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or….by the time those things come into play, they could be in a strong enough place in their relationship, that they can deal with them and move on. Hey…a girl can dream, right?

Comment by zaza – December 13, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This second half sounds better and better, even though the season so far has been wonderfully fun.

Comment by Audrey – December 13, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awwww. So cute about Juliana’s dress. I love that they are actually married and get to work with each other like that.

Comment by Katy – December 13, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What i love about the show is how they have Rick doing the more creative job and Beckett the more business job. The dynamic of them being equals yet still going forward together is never boring. Amazing chemistry between the actors and charming entertainment full writing.

Comment by Theo – December 13, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leave it to Castle to make me wish my Christmas vacation was already over… I’m so looking forward to what will happen on this show in the new year. Is it January yet? :-)

Comment by Kate – December 13, 2011 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is January 9th next Monday? Can’t wait to see it. ;)

Comment by Vannesa – December 13, 2011 07:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I’m going to shed a tear or two. Please January be here already.

Comment by Jolie – December 14, 2011 02:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nathan Fillion and James Roday [Psych] both need to strike lucrative deals with Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers or Nutri-system as spokesmen. They are giving their cinematographers nightmares shooting around their increasing girth.

Comment by Tilda – December 14, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So true no one has made any kind of comment on this. Love both shows but these guys need some kind of diet!!

Comment by lori – December 14, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you on that. In person, he’s a very tall guy and yeah he’s putting on the LB’s. He might want to be careful, it doesn’t help his bad knees.
      SK might want to be careful as well. She likes to run and those monster heel are gonna take a toll on her knees sooner or later.

Comment by lame – December 17, 2011 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • nie moge do czekac az do 9 stycznia 2012 r.-”castle”sezon4.odc.11

Comment by jolanta miłkowska – December 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just can’t wait to watch the next epi. Castle became my favorite tv show ever. And Katic is so sweet. <3

Comment by Mari – December 14, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is Castle, so don’t expect much more than a really really good and funny episode. Some people were disappointed in”Cuffed”, they expected more. Come on guys, 4.10 was unbelievably funny, and creepy all at the same time. Enjoy what you’re watching, everything will come around by season five. Until then the C/B relationship will stroll along.

Comment by lame – December 17, 2011 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Considering the fact that ABC demanded an extra episode for Castle, episode “23″, we’re gonna have to wait longer for the ACTUAL romance thing. I think Andrew Marlowe has done a very good job so far in the C/B relationship. He’s stretching it, but in a way that doesn’t stress us, but makes us go along with it, you know what I mean? Instead of getting frustrated and yelling, *which I did with Booth and Bones* we’re actually liking it. Or at least I do.
    I love all those playful teasing scenes and light moments between the two, it really makes me grin my head off. :D
    As much as I want these two to get together, I don’t mind waiting. Shocker, I know. xD

Comment by Angelina – December 31, 2011 12:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post