Castle Is Heading for a Wedding - Will It Get Rick and Kate Ready for Romance?

When ABC’s Castle returns with fresh episodes on Monday, Jan. 9, the first episode back will feature the wedding of Detective Kevin Ryan to the lovely Jenny Duffy-O’Malley. But will the undeniable romance of the big day spill over into the long-simmering but oft-stifled Castle/Beckett relationship, and maybe light a fire under those two?

For starters, Stana Katic tells us this much: Romance was in abundant supply during the filming of the episode, seeing as the fictional nuptials starred real-life marrieds Seamus and Juliana Dever, who play Kevin and Jenny.

“It was such a beautiful thing,” Beckett’s portrayer tells TVLine of shooting the ceremony. “I loved being able to see Juliana walk in with her wedding gown, because it was the kind of gown that she wanted when they were young actors getting married but they didn’t have the finances they needed to make the wedding as large as maybe it would have been in their dreams. This was a chance to kind of do a ‘second take,’ and it was fantastic to be a part of that real-life experience as well as that ‘movie-life’ experience.”

L Word‘s Jennifer Beals Cops February Sweeps Castle Storyline

But returning to the million-dollar question — might the exchange of vows get Rick and Kate in the mood to finally take a leap of their own, and pursue a romance? — Katic echoes that which Seamus Dever recently told TV Guide Magazine. (After all, “Caskett” did just spend an entire episode handcuffed to each other, for better or for worse; anything else is merely legal documentation.)

“There’s a bit of foreshadowing for the future, yes,” she told us with a playful chuckle.

ABC Extends Castle‘s Fourth Season

Are you looking forward to the Castle wedding… and any ideas it plants in certain guests’ minds?

1. Justin says:

I’m curious of the Dever’s had any actual family there as extras (so it really was like having a second wedding)?

2. aleksa says:

Aww, I almost got a little teary when Katic made the remark about the wedding dress. Very sweet.

3. L says:

One of my favorite shows, as usual, can’t wait for the episode.

4. Bear75 says:

Damn Christmas! Need me some Castle nuptials now! :0) Can’t wait for this ep; really loving the Caskett dynamic this season x

5. Kaibosh says:

Sounds like they’re queuing up something big to happen between Castle and Beckett during February sweeps which would be the obvious time to do it.

• Caskett Shipper says:

Ooh, I hope so! Maybe a Valentine’s Day-themed episode, since the episode would theoretically air the day before VDay?

6. Alex says:

I need a time machine. this season gets better and better.

7. DL says:

Ugh, I just know that Marlowe will finally start to bring Castle and Beckett together, only for Beckett to find out about the info on her mom’s case Castle stowed away, putting the kibosh on romance for at least another season. Otherwise, why else hasn’t that info been addressed? Damn you, Marlowe! I see your little tricks!

• Little Scarf Girl says:

I know, right? And there’s also the tidbit that Beckett remembers everything from the shooting. You know those two plot points are going to come up at the most untimely moment and put a wedge between them.

• zaza says:

Or….by the time those things come into play, they could be in a strong enough place in their relationship, that they can deal with them and move on. Hey…a girl can dream, right?

8. Audrey says:

This second half sounds better and better, even though the season so far has been wonderfully fun.

9. Katy says:

Awwww. So cute about Juliana’s dress. I love that they are actually married and get to work with each other like that.

10. Theo says:

What i love about the show is how they have Rick doing the more creative job and Beckett the more business job. The dynamic of them being equals yet still going forward together is never boring. Amazing chemistry between the actors and charming entertainment full writing.

11. Kate says:

Leave it to Castle to make me wish my Christmas vacation was already over… I’m so looking forward to what will happen on this show in the new year. Is it January yet? :-)

12. Vannesa says:

Is January 9th next Monday? Can’t wait to see it. ;)

13. Jolie says:

I think I’m going to shed a tear or two. Please January be here already.

14. Tilda says:

Nathan Fillion and James Roday [Psych] both need to strike lucrative deals with Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers or Nutri-system as spokesmen. They are giving their cinematographers nightmares shooting around their increasing girth.

• lori says:

So true no one has made any kind of comment on this. Love both shows but these guys need some kind of diet!!

• lame says:

I’m with you on that. In person, he’s a very tall guy and yeah he’s putting on the LB’s. He might want to be careful, it doesn’t help his bad knees.
      SK might want to be careful as well. She likes to run and those monster heel are gonna take a toll on her knees sooner or later.

15. jolanta miłkowska says:

nie moge do czekac az do 9 stycznia 2012 r.-“castle”sezon4.odc.11

16. Mari says:

I just can’t wait to watch the next epi. Castle became my favorite tv show ever. And Katic is so sweet. <3

17. lame says:

This is Castle, so don’t expect much more than a really really good and funny episode. Some people were disappointed in”Cuffed”, they expected more. Come on guys, 4.10 was unbelievably funny, and creepy all at the same time. Enjoy what you’re watching, everything will come around by season five. Until then the C/B relationship will stroll along.

18. Angelina says:

Considering the fact that ABC demanded an extra episode for Castle, episode “23”, we’re gonna have to wait longer for the ACTUAL romance thing. I think Andrew Marlowe has done a very good job so far in the C/B relationship. He’s stretching it, but in a way that doesn’t stress us, but makes us go along with it, you know what I mean? Instead of getting frustrated and yelling, *which I did with Booth and Bones* we’re actually liking it. Or at least I do.
    I love all those playful teasing scenes and light moments between the two, it really makes me grin my head off. :D
    As much as I want these two to get together, I don’t mind waiting. Shocker, I know. xD

19. Christopher Tivey says:

Hi!! I am so looking forward to the Castle wedding, as I simply LOVE the programme, and think that it would be a great shame if they weren’t to” tie the knot”. Nathan and Stana’s portrayals
    of their characters are, in my opinion, “top notch.” They play their parts well and look so well together. They more than deserved their previous awards. Well done Nathan and Stana!!

In the meantime, I am looking forward to watching Season 4 in the UK , as we are a” bit behind”,
    compared to the US.( I have, also, been looking at the Castle sneak peaks and spoilers on some of the episodes from seasons 4 to 6.)

P.S. I tried to register recently to vote on peopleschoice.com for the 2014 awards, but was unable to do so, as it only applied to states in the US. Is there a UK version, as I would SO like
    to be able to vote for Nathan and Stana. Please advise. Thanks!!