Bones' Temperance Brennan Vs. NCIS' Abby Sciuto in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Nail-Biter!

No one said it would be easy getting to the Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, and the matchup we’ve got for Round 3 Day 5 certainly drives home that point.

Psych’s Juliet Tries to Topple Castle’s Kate in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney

Indeed, we’ve got Bones‘ Temperance Brennan squaring off against NCIS‘ Abby Sciuto, and while both will enter the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next couple of weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Alias’ Sydney Bristow Battles Chuck’s Sarah Walker in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney!

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (698)

• I LOVE BONES.

Comment by Miranda – December 14, 2011 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN!

Comment by ALEXANDER – December 14, 2011 10:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABBY

Comment by CLAUDIA – December 14, 2011 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan all the way!

Comment by Annie – December 14, 2011 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DR BRENNAN FOREVER!

Comment by Meg – December 14, 2011 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN..BRENNAN..BRENNAN!!!

Comment by JESSICA – December 14, 2011 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES ALL THE WAY!! i really love NCIS but i will always pick bones, besides it your are talking about who is more crushable, i just love brennan bluntness about thing whereas as much as i love abby, i dont relate to abby well.
    VOTE BONES!!

Comment by alisonfaith297 – December 14, 2011 11:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dr Brennan!

Comment by Karen – December 15, 2011 12:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dr.Brennan is lack sense of humanity, all is theory for her but Abby all in one, smart care lovely funny tho.. and the way she dress up just amazing..

Comment by nettyevlina – December 15, 2011 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN!!

Comment by ERICK97 – December 15, 2011 02:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES..BONES..BONES!!!!!!!!

Comment by ALEXIA – December 15, 2011 02:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never watched NCIS, is it really that good that it has millions of obsessive fans and that it’s winning every poll?
    it seems to be like any other procedural on TV.
    (just to be clear, not being sarcastic, i’m seriously asking ’cause I’ve never watched it)

Comment by ady – December 15, 2011 02:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If you’re asking if NCIS is like the CSI shows the answer is no. I don’t like any of those but love NCIS. It has a sense of humor. That’s not to say it’s a comedy but rather that it has a good balance between drama and humor.

Comment by NoChance – December 15, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NCIS is not like a lot of other crime procedurals. It is more like Bones than it is like CSI. NCIS focuses a lot more into its characters than the CSIs, plus there is a lot of humor, drama, romance, etc. The team is like one big dysfunctional family :)

I love Abby. But I actually love Temperance Brennan more, so I’m voting for her! But if this were between NCIS’ Ziva Daivd and Bones’ Temperance Brennan… oh man. I’d have no clue who to choose! Those are my favorite two on television right now, except for maybe Olivia Dunham on Fringe!

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – December 15, 2011 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *Whoops, meant Ziva DAVID, not Daivd XD

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – December 15, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • from your descriptions it does sound a bit like bones so maybe i’ll give NCIS a try ’cause i absolutely adore bones, so thank you both for your replies.

and i agree about olivia, anna torv is exceptional and i’ll forever be bitter that she wasn’t nominated for an emmy, i’ve given up hope that the Emmy’s will recognize the brilliance of fringe.

Comment by ady – December 16, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones all the way baby <3 u Emily !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Mojo – December 15, 2011 03:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both women are great actresses.
    Since I must choose between them, I must root for Abby. Temperence is way too cerebral, whereas Abby breaks it down for you. Gibbs doesn’t have a lot of patience for ‘Big Words’. You need a degree to understand Brennan.
    Plus, Abby is always making me wonder what amazing looking outfit she will be wearing next.

Comment by TLedger – December 15, 2011 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s all Abby

Comment by George – December 15, 2011 06:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES!! I love bones!! I’ve watched all of the 6 seasons in 5 weeks (I know addict haha) I also used to watch NCIS but is got boring after like 25 episodes… I love bones and I always will!!

Comment by Rosanna – December 15, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Temperance Brennan

Comment by Craig – December 15, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan!!!! 100% I would go higher but of course that would sound cliche. Love bones. She’s an interesting character and there are more sides to her that we haven’t seen yet. I can’t wait for the up coming shows! Go Bones

Comment by josh talley – December 15, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love both shows! i voted abby, because she’s more ‘real’ and relateable than bones! plus i want more mcabby…

Comment by candice – December 15, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on guys!!! Vote for Bonessssssssssss!!!!

Comment by joanna – December 15, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN!!!!!!!! Not a hard choice, she’s the best character on tv, funnt smart beautiful!! An quirky which just adds to her character an doesn’t take away from it,, GO BRENNAN!!!!

Comment by kirstie – December 15, 2011 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will vote for Dr.Brenna cause she is very smart when she is working with bones and how old the person is and if is a female or male.

Comment by angelica – December 15, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN!!!!!!!

Comment by Kim – December 15, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I used to like NCIS, but BONES is better. No more comments.
    GO BRENNAN !

Comment by Mary – December 15, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES all the way!!!
    Emily Deschanel is so amazing and she is such a talented actress!!
    She deserves to win! :)

Comment by Nikki – December 15, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily all the way! <3

Comment by Gemma – December 15, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones <3

Comment by Megan – December 15, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES..BONES..BONES!!!!!

Comment by Jenny – December 15, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN IS THE BEST!!!!!!

Comment by Samantha – December 15, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ~BONES ALL THE WAY!~

Comment by jess – December 15, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN. BRENNAN. BRENNAN. TIMES A MILLION. <3 ;alksdjfads;lkfjd;f

Comment by Steph – December 15, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Temperance “Bones” Brennan definitely. Bones is the best show that has and will ever exist!!!!!!!

Comment by Sophia – December 15, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DR TEMPERANCE BRENNAN!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by ANETTE – December 15, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both the Abby from NCIS and Breane from Bones so they both get my vote.

Comment by Fluffy – December 15, 2011 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Abby! Temperance is super hot too and I love her character but I have to agree with previous posts that Abby is beautiful in appearance and her outlook on life.
    On a side note, with Ziva currently leading the other side how on earth would you vote between Abby and Ziva if that’s what it came down to???

Comment by Krissy – December 15, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • go Brennan ;0)

Comment by karina hansen – December 15, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NCIS should win hands because Abby adds alot with her sugar and spice attitude! You gotta love Abby!

Comment by Susan – December 15, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan is the best!

Comment by Samara – December 15, 2011 05:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN OF COURSE!!!!

Comment by LAURA – December 15, 2011 05:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • UH BONES AND NCIS… Oh boy this is difficult but I think imma have to stick w my first love which is Bones :) I love brennan especially cuz she’s dating booth mmmmhmmm

Comment by Natalie Bjorklund – December 15, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh idk where you got that Brennan can’t feel.. um she can. Big time. Like uber big time, sometimes more than Abby dare I say. And the reason why Brennan is so logical is because she wants to separate herself from the victims. I like Abby and all, but Brennan has my vote. Just wanted to point that out. :-)

Comment by Philly – December 15, 2011 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan in a cakewalk.Love the vulnerability and emotional depth lurking just below the hyperrational and awkward surface.Complements her unique brand of beauty.Abby just annoying,from her too-old-for it pseudogoth style to her overly bubbly,pleading for attention diatribe.Should lose the pigtails as well.Definitely not crushworthy.

Comment by lkleo – December 15, 2011 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES!!

Comment by CINTHIA – December 15, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones is WAY better than Abby. The show is not like the normal crime dramas, so that is why Bones is BETTER!!!!

Comment by stephanie – December 15, 2011 10:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DEFINITELY Emily! Bones!
    Vote for Emily!!! :)

Comment by Mandy – December 15, 2011 10:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones!!! I love love Brennan. She is so complex and is always changing. NCIS annoys me now. Used to watch it now it’s the same old, same old.

Comment by Jacqueline – December 15, 2011 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DR. BRENNAN

Comment by Sarah – December 16, 2011 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES FOR SURE !!!! Had seen it before but now am really into it and have turned my whole household into loving it aswell it’s literally all we watch some night !!! Emily is an amazing actress and the tension between Brennan and booth is unbearable sometimes they make such a great couple !!! also because my household consists of 5 people I think 4 extra votes should go to bones !!! ;)

Comment by Becky – December 16, 2011 01:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • At one time I would say Deschannel…. but she has not aged
    very well. I have seen pictures of her without makeup.
    She needs the makeup….

Comment by Laura – December 16, 2011 01:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. I hate how people sit up here fighting over who’s better. Just vote and leave! This doesn’t need to turn into a debate. Because in the end, it’s one fans word against another. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and no opinion is wrong or right.
    Thank you. :)