Bones' Temperance Brennan Vs. NCIS' Abby Sciuto in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Nail-Biter!

No one said it would be easy getting to the Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, and the matchup we’ve got for Round 3 Day 5 certainly drives home that point.

Psych’s Juliet Tries to Topple Castle’s Kate in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney

Indeed, we’ve got Bones‘ Temperance Brennan squaring off against NCIS‘ Abby Sciuto, and while both will enter the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next couple of weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Alias’ Sydney Bristow Battles Chuck’s Sarah Walker in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney!

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (698)

• is it clear to everyone else this is going to end with Ziva winning and that all these brackets prove is that we have more Tony/Ziva shippers than any other?

Comment by chris – December 14, 2011 06:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, it’s not even a contest. Abby is Queen of The Lab! Ha.

Comment by Chatty – December 14, 2011 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If I was a betting person, I would say this contest is going to end up coming down to Abby Vs Ziva. At least those would be my two picks for the final two. Abby of course winning, but either way I’d be happy!

Comment by Erika – December 14, 2011 06:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • how exactly is Bones losing? It’s not about the show, it’s about who’s more crushable and Emily Deschanel is as crushable as it gets and so is her character (and her sister)!

Comment by ana muller – December 14, 2011 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I for one am focusing as closely on the character (as opposed to the actress) in my voting, and as such I am not surprised that Abby is winning at all. I adore Bones, but character wise, she doesn’t hold a candle to Abby in my eyes.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – December 14, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Abby is awesome but I also don’t find her exactly crushable.

Comment by jackie – December 14, 2011 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Different strokes for different folks.

<– currently crushing on Abby. She has the looks, brains, plus one great personality. I'm not surprised she's winning.

Comment by Joanna – December 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Brennan is stunning! I can’t believe that she’s losing. This is a joke

Comment by Marc – December 14, 2011 05:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love abby!!
    I love you!!

Comment by bukyung park – December 14, 2011 07:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby!!!!!
    I love u!!!!!!!

Comment by Alice – December 14, 2011 08:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby wins hands down!!!

Comment by clint estes – December 14, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Abby! She really fun and cool. Her personality kind of reminds me of myself and she has the best taste is music.

Comment by Heather – December 14, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow so NCIS fans came out in full force, somehow cheating(because there is no way that big of a gap happened over night) I’m sorry in what world is that girl even 1) remotely attractive 2) anywhere else to beauty, acting talent or Bones kickassness than Emily is?

Comment by Josh – December 14, 2011 09:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The huge gap increase didn’t even happened overnight, but within hours when the poll first opened. Then again, the number of comments also jumped from 13 to 500 and number of likes on the Facebook goes from 1 to 1000 within the same timeframe.. So I can’t really say there were some cheating involved.

This tournament all boils down to how big each fandom is, so predictably, cable shows can rarely win regardless of how hot and beautiful (crushable) the character is. NCIS is a huge franchise brand, with massive weekly ratings and viewership. So, I’m not really surprise ofthe overwhelmin number of votes.

I gotta give it to you NCIS fans, you are a force to be reckoned with.

Comment by Audrey – December 14, 2011 10:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • CBS posted the link on their Twitter page – so their 100,000+ followers got the notification…that’s whent he shift in the results happened. If Fox would do the same for Brennan, things would probably shift a lot more in her favor, as they were before the CBS tweet.

CBS did the same for Tony…but the big difference in that case was that Tony was only losing by around 49% to 51% at that time – he could’ve easily made it up in the voting time that was left.

Abby was losing by around 35% to 65% when CBS helped her out. She would’ve likely lost without the help.

Fox does the same for Brennan, and things would even up a lot more…probably go back to how they were before the CBS tweet.

CBS hasn’t promoted Ziva yet, because she was just up against a fellow CBS show’s star. They’ll probably promote her in the next round.

Comment by Ann – December 14, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Makes sense. Ahh, the power of network support is amazingly effective. Ziva probably didn’t get any tweet because CBS guess she could hold her own in this round. Tony versus Castle round exploded on twitter too. But even Nathan’s 1 million followers didn’t help him win.

The clear winner from all these polls is obviously TVline. Tvline must effing love all the attentions and traffic they’ve been getting for this tournament.

Comment by Audrey – December 14, 2011 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yay!

Abby has made a comeback!

Comment by kytivafan – December 14, 2011 09:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby!!!

Comment by Rick – December 14, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bones aaaaalll the way :]

Comment by Amelie – December 14, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • COME ON!!

The poll result was turned around from 70 percent Emily to 70 percent Abby. You’re all crazy.

Comment by John – December 14, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby all the way! She is smart, sexy, beautiful with a gothy twist and a big heart! I can relate and identify with her!

Comment by Barbi – December 14, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Go Bones!

Comment by Sarah – December 14, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABBY all the way. She is smart and funny and cool and has a big heart.

Comment by Tammy – December 14, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby, by far.

Comment by David – December 14, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan always……I don’t like Ncis, it’s boring.

Comment by Abby – December 14, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched NCIS for years and although Abby is my favorite NCIS character, I got bored with the show. Ive watched every episode of Bones, and Bones still wins for me!

Comment by Cait – December 14, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot STAND Abby’ hair and personal style. Ugh!

Comment by sheri – December 14, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan from Bones!

Comment by Kim – December 14, 2011 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby. Unlike bones chapter scientist, abby is an actual forensic scientist she does NOT just play a part. She is full of life and love, we no abby,but there is still more to learn,she’s not done yet.

Comment by Tracy – December 14, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love love love Bones, but Abby is so amazing! She’s like the perfect sexy smart kick ass female.

Comment by MP – December 14, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both shows and both characters, but NCIS is my number one, so I gotta go with Abby!

Comment by Deanna – December 14, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s y its called PERSONAL style, not what we think it should b. BTW there Abby is a real scientist, not just a chacter following a script.

Comment by Tracy – December 14, 2011 12:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gooooo Bones!! All the way!

Comment by ash – December 14, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved both of these shows at the same time a year or so ago. Now Bones has my heart and probably will forever. NCIS is an awesome show and Abby was my favorite character on the show, however Brennen just has this air about her that I strive to be like. I can totally understand how people can say Brennen isn’t loveable and all that jazz, but that’s just because you haven’t watched the show. I have to agree with another user that NCIS just got repetitive, its a good show but things just got too boring. This was a really really hard choice. But Bones will always be my number one show.

Comment by Lindz – December 14, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan – I love. Abby – I really, really like. So, for me, this round goes to Brennan.
    But having to choose between Brennan and Scully in the next matchup?!!
    I fear for my soul…

Comment by amoree – December 14, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DR TEMPERANCE BRENNAN!!

Comment by Karime – December 14, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE BONES!!

Comment by EMILY – December 14, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby.. hands down …

Comment by t_allen – December 14, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by manuella – December 14, 2011 01:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love both but my vote has to go to Abby, she’s the best! Although she doesn’t get much airtime, true, she steals the spotlight when she is on screen.

Comment by Dave Todd – December 14, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones for sure!!!!!

Comment by Christie – December 14, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dear stupid people, this contest it based off of attractiveness. Abby is no where near as pretty as Bones.

Comment by sam – December 14, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • attractive [əˈtræktɪv]
      adj
      1. appealing to the senses or mind through beauty, form, character, etc.
      2. arousing interest – an attractive opportunity
      3. possessing the ability to draw or pull – an attractive force

On all 3 counts, Abby over Brennan for me. Just further proof that beauty (or attractiveness) is in the eyes and heart of the beholder.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – December 14, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • And what about the face? LOL she’s not pretty over there LOL

Comment by Marc – December 14, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Again, it goes back to the ‘eye of the beholder’ thing. You don’t find her pretty. I happen to find her face very pretty. To each their own.

Comment by GeekGirl13 – December 15, 2011 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I TOTALLY agree with you! They are so stupid

Comment by Marc – December 14, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously! WHO CARES!!!
    Same thing/cases happen every week…someone die,they go look for the killer..
    But where is the “real” chemistry?
    And it took 5/6 yr (on the shadow of) for NCIS to be #1,bcuz of NBC debacle and no competitions,but dosent proof that they earn it…or the show is interesting(predictable and not so much trilling…)

Comment by Jules – December 14, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN all the way !!! I just love Bones and Emily :D

Comment by Mia – December 14, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby……….Enough said!

Comment by Rick Lusk – December 14, 2011 04:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love them both for different reasons…but I’ve got to go with Brennan. Not only is she beautiful, but her struggle to connect with other, less emotionally damaged friends is admirable. I think the baby and relationship with Booth will provide the external push that she needs to appear warmer.

Comment by Rebecca – December 14, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BONES ALL THE WAY!

Comment by Melissa – December 14, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you guys serious?! This girl abby is winning? LOL

Comment by Marc – December 14, 2011 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN!!!

Comment by CLARA – December 14, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tempy Brennan is the best!

Comment by Paty – December 14, 2011 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones definitely. It’s the only show I personally feel is worth watching. Voting for Brennan all the way. :)

Comment by Chelsea – December 14, 2011 07:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tempi Ovio a morir!!

Comment by Ludmila – December 14, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Emily is much better looking. I stopped voting on these things when David Boreanaz lost to Nathan Fillion because there is no way by looks alone that he could have lost. Emily and David are by far the most crushable people on TV.

Comment by Lovey – December 14, 2011 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bones all the wayy <3

Comment by louise – December 14, 2011 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN!!!!! Bones is the best show in the world!!!!

Comment by Jason – December 14, 2011 09:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN ALL THE WAY!!!!

Comment by Ana Maria – December 14, 2011 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DR TEMPERANCE BRENNAN IS THE BEST!

Comment by Brittany – December 14, 2011 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post