Bones' Temperance Brennan Vs. NCIS' Abby Sciuto in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Nail-Biter!

No one said it would be easy getting to the Quarterfinals of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, and the matchup we’ve got for Round 3 Day 5 certainly drives home that point.

Psych’s Juliet Tries to Topple Castle’s Kate in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney

Indeed, we’ve got Bones‘ Temperance Brennan squaring off against NCIS‘ Abby Sciuto, and while both will enter the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next couple of weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Alias’ Sydney Bristow Battles Chuck’s Sarah Walker in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney!

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (698)

• Finally any easy choice in this last bracket!!

Comment by Josh – December 13, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Abby, she is the best and Bones to me is a boring show. I have been watching NCIS since it came on tv here in North Carolina. Abby is my favorite one on NCIS, but all of the actors on NCIS are great. NCIS is my favorite TV show.

Comment by Jerry Brophy – December 13, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love NCIS,,,, Abby is the best,,, She really makes the show… they R all good, but my 2nd fav is Gibbs,,, I’ve never missed an eposode of NIS…. Keep up the good work Abby….

Comment by terra – December 13, 2011 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You have to watch more then a few eps to get into Bones. You can’t just watch like a couple eps and decide “oh it’s a boring show”. Bones is the best show.

Comment by Yaeh – December 15, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I so agree NCIS is the best. I like bones but they just can NOT compare to NCIS. Abby is wonderful and I love the whole team. I wilgreal even watch reruns over and over it is just a wonderful show. The team they have now really makes it super to watch.

Comment by Diana Lea – December 27, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Give me a break, if one thing Brennan never is it is boring. She is alive and vital. I have never watched an entire episode of CSI that is what I call boring and far fetched. Bones I watch over and over, even the reruns. If I had to watch CSI on a regular basis I wouldn’t watch TV at all. Brennan has great spirit and shows a very soft core, but she is strong and brave. I would like to see her and Booth get married on the show, that would be the best show ever, almost as great as when she told him she was expecting and he was the father. CSI no way.

Comment by B Nocera – February 4, 2012 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Abby she plays a great part.. NCIS is my favorite show on TV.
      Everyone one on the show is great.. Perfect.. I watch all the rerun on the USA channel also. I give it a 10 out of 10 Rating…

Comment by Rick Ould – December 13, 2011 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Bones! I used to be a NCIS watcher but it got boring and same thing every week. Bones is interesting,, very scientific and I love when they solve the puzzles. I was a scientist in my younger days and Bones just makes me think more. Sorry Abby..

Comment by Roxie – December 13, 2011 06:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I totally agree with you, I love Bones its one my favorite shows. I watch NCIS but Abby’s air time is less. I do love both characters especially because they have opposites personalities. Bones is scientific and logic driving, if you watch the show you see her heart shine; her character is still developing. Abby is heart driving, her character has been establish and set for a long time, we expect her to be Abby, they cant change that because we are done learning about her which is now boring for me. I know Abby will win this bracket because Bones is unlikable for those that really have not taken time to watch the show. If I could I would choice both to win because both women are extraordinary and beautiful actress.

Comment by LucyLu – December 13, 2011 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I completely agree. I love both of them, but your right. Abbys character is set and Bones is still developing. I can’t wait to see how she handles being a mother.

Comment by Annie – December 14, 2011 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah totally agree i used to love NCIS but its boring now…i still watch it though. GO BONES-i love this show!!!!

Comment by bb4mm – December 14, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They are both great but Abby can even make a farting hippo look cute, gotta give it to her!

Comment by Mylinda – December 13, 2011 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love BOTH show’s. But Abby is a huge hoot. Love the way they have her. Loved the one where Abby was taken and then when everyone went to save her , there she was inside the van getting the guy back with a taster. Loved it when he fell out of van and she still kept on getting him. Husband and I laughed our butts off at that one. Good job Abby.

Comment by Karan L. Jones – December 13, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love both shows and both Abby and Brennan, they are both so cool. I’d love to hangout with both ladies cause you know you’ll learn so much from both. I like they’re both geniuses with kind hearts, who’ll die for their friends.

Brennan get’s my vote.

Comment by Liz – December 14, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • for sure… BRENNAN!!!

Comment by elena – December 16, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang, Slezak! Really proud of ya for being consistent of getting the new poll up AND updating the brackets. Nice!

Comment by Audrey – December 13, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • finalmente uma escolha facil
    vai bones

Comment by brazil – December 13, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best character ever!

Comment by gina – December 13, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i love ncis , but i also love bones , if i had to choose between abby and tempy then tempy would win hands down for me every time . she is the best character on tv at the moment !!

Comment by julie reynolds – December 13, 2011 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • vai bones
    vamos ganhar isso

Comment by brazil – December 13, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awwwww. Abby versus Brennan. Both from my first two favorite tv shows. Both vegans, both wonderful people. Must choooooose. Gah, can’t decide. Okay, Emily. But just because she gets more screen time.

Comment by Katy – December 13, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABBY.!! my favorite gothic..
    la gotica mas feliz que se puede encontrar.!!

Comment by Tiva – December 13, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well said

Comment by estefania – December 13, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yes i think i love abby i think we need to sing somethang…maybe a love song…yes maybe ha i wish ha love ya abby…love ur stuff..

Comment by bobby long – December 13, 2011 05:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh, no fair. This is too hard, they are both terrific.

Comment by Plum – December 13, 2011 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t get me wrong, Brennan is beautiful, but Abby is more than that. She’s warm and fun and caring for everyone (and doesn’t hide behind logic because she’s afraid of getting hurt. She wears her heart on her sleeves and trusts her friends not to break it). Plus she made McGee sleep in a coffin. I mean, c’mon. That was awesome!

Comment by Tia – December 13, 2011 01:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU!!!!
      You put into words what I wanted to say. Brennan is an ice cube compared to Abby. Abs is full of life and sparkle and mischief. She’s AWESOME.

Comment by Kvivik – December 13, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Abby is all warmth and light and just enough mischief to may a geek like me squee. Add in Pauley Perrette whoo is an example of what a real strong woman is like and what’s not to crush.
      Abby for the WIN!!!!

Comment by JustJeanette – December 13, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I like and appreciate both characters BUT Abby exudes warmth and trust, despite being hurt emotionally from time to time while Brennan denies her emotions and hides behind a brittle shell of rationality. Abby still has faith in humanity whereas Brennan has lost the ability to feel, acknowledge or express her emotions – very sad situation.

Comment by L AL Graham – December 13, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I fifth all of you. GO ABBY! :)

Comment by Barbie – December 13, 2011 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Tough choice, but I vote for Abby.
    Both are great characters but I like Abby’s funny heart-warming personality more than Bones. Sorry for that.

Comment by Seon – December 13, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby Sciuto. Bones are boring. Emily killed Bones with her pregnancy. Ratings lower and lower.

Comment by Sasha – December 13, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Say SPOILER next time! I’m behind and didn’t know that! Sheesh!

Comment by Seth – December 13, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This isn’t exactly news, TV line announced it months ago.

Comment by janis – December 13, 2011 02:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think you can call spoiler if she’s already had her kid in real life. This was months ago. Otherwise, no one would talk about anything because someone is always behind somewhere.

Comment by Amanda – December 13, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s an interesting view that Emily’s preganacy killed ‘Bones’. Life waits for no man. Actually the ratings for ‘Bones’ have been quite impressive-viewers have been in the millions and the season premiere was the highest they have ever gotten since the show debuted. However I have a problem choosing between Bones and Abby because it’s like comparing apples and oranges-they are unique

Comment by Alandra – December 13, 2011 06:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Apples and Oranges.
        To compare one against the other is pointless, both characters are the figment of the creators mind, all fictional as is their TV persona. I don’t think most of the negative posters “get it”? That is funny. To me its a tie. But then again there is always Fiona……:)

Comment by Vic L – December 18, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby is just adorable in addition to being extremely smart.

Comment by Renee – December 13, 2011 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does it even matter who you vote for? It seems that no matter what NCIS people will win. It’ll end up just like the men’s tourney.

Comment by Allison – December 13, 2011 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t fault NCIS for having more loyal fans. :0)

Comment by L AL Graham – December 13, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or for the fact the NCIS wins with ratings every year! Most watched scripted TV show!!

Comment by Kate – December 14, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bones HAS to win this battle! How can she possibly not? I adore abby too, but bones is… TEMPERANCE BRENNAN!!! It’s like comparing someone to Buffy.

Comment by ozilia – December 13, 2011 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Brennan is as cold and sexless as Grace Kelly. She might as well be plastic. That goes for Emily Deschanel as well. Zooey got all the oomph in that family.

Comment by Tilda – December 13, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Zooey has the acting skills of a lamppost. C’mon, haven’t you notice ALL of her characters are the same? She seems unique. Once. Then you watch another movie with her. And it’s THE SAME. Then, you see an interview, and it’s HER. Sorry to break it to you, pal. Emily’s not too different.

Comment by Barbie – December 13, 2011 08:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I didn’t say Zooey was a great actress. just that she had more oomph, sex appeal, warmth than her sister.

Comment by Tilda – December 14, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Grace Kelly? What time warp did you just arrive from? Sounds like sour grapes meets the green eyed monster-look that up.

Comment by Vic L – December 18, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Man!!! How can I choose?? Not fair.

Comment by Sue – December 13, 2011 01:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i strongly dislike ncis because it almost always make muslims the bad guys (just coz you’re a muslim, it doesn’t make you a terrorist peeps!), but abby is just so lovable! i vote abby all the way…

Comment by a – December 13, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, they have had *several* instances where Muslims were sympathetic characters. It is one of the more balanced shows, not only about religion but also sexual orientation, gender roles, etc.
      Some of the terrorists on NCIS have been home-grown Caucasians and some have been of Arabic or Asian descent – isn’t that like the real world?!

Comment by srsly – December 13, 2011 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but they always go with extremist muslims that in real life, would align with Al Qaeda in their fights against the US, as opposed to more ordinary every day muslims. There was even an episode where Christian prejudice against Islam was the cause of a crime. They have also used home grown terrorists for villains as well, and Ari Haswari, the first running criminal on NCIS, was actually a rogue Israeli operative.
      I agree with your Abby vote, however. I’ve watched both shows, and Abby is a much more lovable character and is one I don’t think NCIS would be able to survive losing

Comment by anonymous – December 13, 2011 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So that may be, buts its all realistic. There are radical Muslims, just like there are radical Christians. This is exactly why I think religion is a waste of time.

Comment by Logan – December 13, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Agree with Tia and Renee! Abby is hugable and FUN!

Comment by Jan – December 13, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Temperance Brennan yeahh! I love Bones and adore Emily Deschanel <3

Comment by Denise – December 13, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Had no idea who to choose, eventually went for Abby. However, *spoilers* she’s losing now I feel less bad about not voting for Brennan. I reckon it’s still going to be a Beckett/Ziva face off.

Comment by Kirsty – December 13, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Voted for Bones. She looks way hotter and her character is way better played.

Comment by Ingmar – December 13, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hate to see Abby loosing! Still voted. I have the biggest girl crush on both Abby and Pauley!

Comment by Clarissa – December 13, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan ALL THE WAY!!! To the people that are saying that she is cold they don’t know half of what happen to her that’s the true!!

Comment by Luiza – December 13, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • C’mon, I’m a loyal Bones fan! I’m just saying, of the two Abby is warmer and that makes her more approachable… And she has a sense of humor that I love. I never understand Brennan’s jokes. I’m not sure if I’m even supposed to…

Comment by Tia – December 13, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BRENNAN ALL THE WAY!!

Comment by Raquel – December 13, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan all the way, she is smart, beautiful, and she kicks butt.

Comment by Donna – December 13, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as Abby makes Goth hot, I voted for Brennan.

Comment by Michael – December 13, 2011 03:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i´m from brazil,and my inglish is just fine
    i love bones

Comment by frombrazil – December 13, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby, because her show is on tonight. Ask this again on Thursday ;-)

Comment by Denise@americanhorrorstoryfan – December 13, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby for me. Hard to crush on Bones when she’s so hard to relate to. Abby makes everyone smile!

Comment by DL – December 13, 2011 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What do you mean- there is no “BOTH” option?!?!?

Comment by Psiqueue – December 13, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ajsjaksjs. I love both. But I have to go with Temperance Brennan. I like her just a little better!

Comment by AngelMoonGirl – December 13, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They both look scary as hell.

Comment by Mel – December 13, 2011 04:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO BONES!!! I like Abby Sciuto but to me I just love Brennan. Emily Deschenel is fantastic and a huge reason why I love the show. She’s gorgeous, naive and innocent in an oddball type of way, funny, and while she seems cold, you can tell she cares so much about the people in her life (i.e; Angela and Boothe. Plus she loved Zach and loves Hodgins!)

Comment by Sara – December 13, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree :-)
      Emily Deschanel is THE best actress. And i love the chemistry between Booth and Brennan. It’s played so well.
      BONES for life :D

Comment by Karen – December 15, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones’ is the best show on tv, and Brennan is the best actress, becaus she can change fom happy To serious to crying all in one scene.She deserves more credit than she gets!!!!!

Comment by sandy – December 13, 2011 05:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby!!!!I vote for Abby!!!!

Comment by Lisa – December 13, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby makes science fun!!! Lol

Comment by Cathy – December 13, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby!!!! I love her to death! I was her for halloween!(:

Comment by Maranda – December 13, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby

Comment by charlene – December 13, 2011 05:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby for sure!

Comment by Kim – December 13, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby

Comment by jeanetta stevens – December 13, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABBY!!!!!

Comment by Elizabeth – December 13, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aaabbbbbbbbyyy For life!!!

Comment by Ladyzom – December 13, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby hands down not only is she hot, she’s funny, smart, sexy, down to earth, creative, spunky, great music, hot tattoo’s need I say more

Comment by mary – December 13, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Brennan on Bones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Most Deff Shes Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Kay Ara – December 13, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABBY

Comment by Scotty – December 13, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby! She is always happy and one of the backbones of her team. She definitely has my vote! :)

Comment by Meagan – December 13, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby Sciuto is the best ever love her

Comment by Sschwind – December 13, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby, all day long!!

Comment by Dianne – December 13, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This a difficult choice because I really like both but if I must decide it would have to be Abby. She rocks.

Comment by Barb – December 13, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abby! #ncis obsessed!

Comment by Maddi v – December 13, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Abbey rules, she is the greatest.

Comment by kim house – December 13, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post