First New 30 Rock Promo Raises the Question: What Is Liz Lemon's Secret?

30 Rock‘s sixth season is right around the corner (premiering Thursday, Jan. 12 at 8/7c), and with it comes everyone’s fave, Liz Lemon, who is — according to this just-released promo — harboring a big ol’ (or is it baby-sized?) secret.

A li’l Lemon is of course our guess, but also the most obvious one given the fact that the delay of the NBC comedy’s coming season was due to the real-life pregnancy of Tina Fey, plus Liz has been longing to have kids of her own over the past few seasons. And this new footage actually seems to support our theory — give or take an appearance by Kelsey Grammer. One final clue: The season premiere is titled, “Hey, Baby, What’s Wrong?”

Whatever it is, “The secret of Liz Lemon will be revealed,” Mister Voiceover Man promises in the promo. So, for now all we can do is sit tight and play the guessing game. Take a peek at the preview below, and then hit the comments with your own “secret” speculations!

Tags: , ,

Comments (27)

• I am just now realizing how much I’ve missed this show.

Comment by chmarin – December 13, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Best Friends Gang is getting back together???? Please tell me it happens!

Comment by Marisa – December 13, 2011 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s obvious that some dude jacked Liz Lemon and now his sperm is growing in her stomach. Either that or she’s coming out with her own line of baby megaphones. Lol

Comment by What!? – December 13, 2011 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yeah, 30rock whateva..

bring back freakin’ COMMUNITY!!

Comment by stevie – December 13, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This! I just can’t get excited about 30 Rock when it’s going to be airing in Community’s timeslot.

Comment by Carrie – December 13, 2011 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WANT TO GO TO THERE

Comment by Julia – December 13, 2011 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good God, Lemon! We missed you!

Comment by Max – December 13, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • lol! I’ve missed Jack & Lemon – they’re just so twistedly perfect! :0) x

Comment by Bear75 – December 14, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let it be the secret love child of Liz and Wesley Snipes.

Comment by kelly – December 13, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nah… It’s Astronaut Mike Dexter’s child!

Comment by maddie – December 13, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Weirdly distracted by Kelsey Grammer.

Comment by Justin – December 13, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FRAJER!

Comment by Smigglesby – December 13, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would love for Liz to be pregnant! Even though it seems like she is about to take a swig of liquor in one of the scenes…

Comment by Lauren – December 13, 2011 06:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If Liz Lemon was pregnant – she wouldn’t be drinking whiskey

Comment by Maria – December 13, 2011 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly what I was thinking.

Comment by Alex – December 13, 2011 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Knowing Liz, it looks like whiskey but she’s prob drinking tea out of whiskey glass… much to Jack’s dismay! “Good god Lemon!”

Comment by Bear75 – December 14, 2011 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that the secret is something really juicy about an NBC executive, which unfunny shows use to blackmail said executive into putting them on the schedule while a show that’s actually funny is put on hiatus.

Bring back Community!

Comment by Drew – December 13, 2011 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ah, those Community fans, so much hate and anger…

Comment by js – December 13, 2011 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • True. I’m chock full of hate and anger.

Comment by Drew – December 14, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Be pro-Community all you want. But no need to trash 30 Rock. 30 Rock’s return is NOT the reason Community is going on hiatus…it was coming back regardless. NBC merely picked their lowest rated show to go to the bench. Tell NBC to get rid of Whitney.

Comment by Buffy Freak – December 14, 2011 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Let’s compromise. I’ll be pro-Community *and* anti-30 Rock. The show has to be one of the least funny sitcoms on TV. Seriously, I’ve seen pretty much every episode (Netflix + super bored = watching 30 Rock) and I think I’ve laughed maybe twice. It’s only a little more amusing than Parks and Recreation. Seriously, these are not good shows. And yeah, you can say “so don’t watch them”… but that’s not really the point. The point is, they yanked a show that’s actually good so that they could keep past-their-prime sitcoms and whatever the heck “Whitney” is on their schedule. THAT’s where I’m going to be upset. Just like I’ll be upset when Fox cancels Fringe but keeps most of the crappy shows they have on the air.

Comment by Drew – December 14, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Just because you only laughed a couple of times doesn’t mean it’s not funny. It means you personally didn’t like it. All the awards that 30 Rock and P&R have been nominated for and won would seem to indicate that you’re in the minority about them not being good shows. Don’t get me wrong…I like Community and Fringe. But the fact is that the networks have given them several seasons to find an audience large enough to justify their existence and, like Friday Night Lights, Better Off Ted and Arrested Development (all shows I loved), they failed to do so. So blame your fellow Americans who would rather watch Two and a Half Men or The Bachelor, not the networks.

Comment by Buffy Freak – December 14, 2011 10:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The fact that I don’t laugh at those shows does mean that they’re not funny. Since “funny” is completely subjective, all that is required in order for me to decide that they’re not funny is that I don’t find them funny.
            Awards don’t mean a thing. Seriously, it all comes down to which studio pumps the most money into buying an award for their product. If you honestly believe that the best shows win the awards, the best actors win the awards, the best movies win the awards… I don’t know what award shows you have been watching. Do you know how many Emmy submission tapes/discs go unopened by the voters? I own one, still in its nice plastic wrap. That means that those shows never even get a chance to prove themselves because the voters don’t care about which show is the best.

And the fact remains that the ratings system is very much flawed and does not accurately represent how many people actually watch these shows. Shows which fall into a demographic that takes advantage of modern technology like DVRs and internet streaming will get lower ratings because those aren’t taken into consideration. Which is why shows which appeal to an older audience (I’m looking at you, CSI) will get high ratings, whether more people actually watch them or not.

Being bitter toward shows like Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, Whitney, The Office, etc. because they’re on while Community is off is perfectly reasonable. Every show that they air is taking up schedule space. Which means that for every show that sucks, a better show could be on. For every Whitney episode that airs, a Community episode isn’t. For every episode of Law and Order that is produced, Chuck won’t be. Every bad show that lives is to blame for every good show that’s canceled.

Comment by Drew – December 14, 2011 01:40 PM PDT
  • Finally! I miss the show so much! Now only if Cougar Town is back as well, then I’ll be in heaven.

Comment by T – December 14, 2011 06:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My guess, just because 30 Rock can be deliberately contrarian at times, is that Liz is going through an early menopause.

Comment by Rob J. – December 14, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post