Blind Item: Which Hit Drama Series is Plotting a Dramatic Change of Scenery in Season 2?

As any TV expert will tell you, the success or failure of any series comes down to the three L’s: Location, location, location!

OK, that mantra actually applies more to real estate than reel estate, but one should never underestimate the importance of choosing the right setting for a TV show.

Which brings us to our latest blind item…

Rumor has it that a hit freshman drama series is packing its bags and heading to a new hood in Season 2.

And not just any hood — the biggest hood in the world: New York City!

The move would herald a dramatic (and spoilery) storytelling shift for the show in question, which is why we’re withholding the title… for now.

Which show do you think will be mailing out a change of address card ahead of Season 2? Hit the comments with your theories! And for additional clues, follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

TAGS:
GET MORE: Blind Item, News

1. Kiran says:

Revenge or Hart of Dixie

2. blandeeblah says:

My money’s on Revenge too. They’ve talked about this before, didn’t they?

3. PJ90 says:

Wait. Isn’t Revenge shifting to New York after the big engagement party in episode 15? That’s what I’ve heard. So that means this show ISN’T Revenge.

4. Zack B says:

I’ll go for the low hanging fruit here and remind folks that Revenge is supposed to do exactly this. However, since it is low hanging I’ll also remind folks early on that Aus isn’t into spoiling crap that has already made the rounds on his own site.

So, I say Last Man Standing. That seems the least likely to me!

5. o'brien says:

Hart of Dixie!!!

6. Tansy says:

Well, obviously it’s Hart of Dixie. What else could it be?

7. Jon says:

American Horror Story – obviously.

8. Jason says:

Revenge has been hinted at before regarding a move to NYC, but I have a feeling it is not Revenge Ausiello is speaking of. Unforgettable and Persons of Interest already take place in NYC. Terra Nova and Heart of Dixie are obviously out because of the premises of the show. Where does Grimm take place? Maybe Ringer, but I don’t watch the show. Would the producers change where The Secret Circle takes place even though it is based on the books. American Horror Story kind of needs the house, unless there is a major reboot every season… Alcatraz and The Firm haven’t begun, but I am guessing San Francisco is critical to Alcatraz and I think the Firm takes place in NYC.

• Janine says:

The Ringer already takes place in NYC… and Heart of Dixie speaks often of the Big Apple. For a half season, it could completely work.

9. DL says:

If it’s not Revenge, it pretty much has to be American Horror Story, in my opinion.
    Unless we’re talking about Hell on Wheels. Ha. ;)

10. tcmc says:

Gilmore Girls

11. Courtney says:

The first show I thought of was Hart of Dixie

12. PhillyInDC says:

Some CSI or Law and Order lol…

My guess would be Once Upon a Time, since isnt Revenge already confrimed to move to NYC

13. David says:

dunno why, but first thing came to mind is OUAT.. sounds “unlikely” and too soon ’til the end of this season though.. second guess: American Horror Story

14. Two Broke Girls? (I’m just not very good at this…) Ok, ok… I’ll go out on a limb and say what no one has said yet… Revenge?

15. Valerie says:

I’m sure its Revenge. Thats going to be some commute to go hang out and have a drink at the Stowaway, and visit with Sammy, the worlds oldest dog.

16. Carrie says:

American Horror Story. Need a new house to stay fresh!

17. jenn says:

It’s gotta be American Horror Story!

18. Tony says:

I’m going with Once Upon a Time. My guess is the curse is broken but they can’t return home.

19. Dee says:

Hart of Dixie?

20. superone says:

Once Upon A Time. it would be a huge shift storywise and the blind item mentions hood and storytelling.

21. Jake says:

Also going with American Horror Story, the original plan was to have a new location and cast every season so i guess they havent changed their minds on that. which i think could be a good idea.

22. GK says:

If this turns out to be Revenge, as fans are saying than it will be a dud like Dex finally realizing that Gellar was just Travis’ imaginary apocalypse teacher. So, its obviously AHS as the creators had said before the season started. Hm, that also isn’t much of a spoiler when they themselves have said it. I wonder what other show we are talking about!
    My 2 cents is on TERRA NOVA!! Bring them all to NYC and let Reese on their tails to kill them all, except Skye and the little kid!

23. Claire says:

Well considering I only watch two new dramas and that Ringer is obviously not the one, I can only bet on OUAT : such a move would really be huge for the story so it would make sence. But everyone seems to think it’s revenge so…

24. Liz says:

Once Upon A Time, AHS or Revenge.

25. Summer says:

Revenge is almost too obvious for this one (I mean, we all know it’s going to happen anyway) so I’m going to go with American Horror Story for this one.

26. Romina says:

I think it’s Revenge. It was kinda answered in Emily Van Camp’s interview last week. Although it would be great if you were talking about a different show.

27. JarJar says:

I feel like AHS is about the HOUSE itself. I could understand having a new family move in, but switching to a new house makes no sense to me. So they’d basically start over with the same premise in another location? I’m not sure they can pull a move off like that successfully.

This is about Revenge, not AHS. AHS is about that house.

28. Michael says:

Revenge, but I was hoping the Simon Cowel show moved near a barn full of zombeez so that they could ear him in the most satisfying tv moment ever.

29. Michael says:

I mean “eat him” obviously.

30. Jess says:

yea, gotta be Revenge. Didn’t Emily Van Camp say the trial of the murder would be in NYC? I think everybody’s guessed it! :D But part of me is still hoping for Game of Thrones in New York City! Say it is so, Ausiello! LOL

31. SarahFW says:

I hope it is American Horror Story. There is no way this cast of characters and that house can continue on to a new season. They’ve pretty much tapped out of what they have to offer.

32. J.R. says:

Revenge isn’t even picked up for a second season, they are still producing the first one, not writing the second one.

Homeland and American Horror Story both wrapped up production and are gearing up toward production of a second season. They are also pretty much the only 2 freshman dramas that are already renewed for a second season.

33. allie says:

Hood? Little Red Riding Hood?

Grimm or Once Upon a Time?

34. fernando says:

I would say Revenge but 1. thats to easy to guess and 2. Emily already confirm it so it’s it is but not Revenge haha.

I do think it will be American Horror Story, it’s going to be a whole new cast and place and story, I hope I am right because I love to see a whole new scary story every season, i rather them not carry on with the harmons, because it will get old after season 2 or half way through it

35. Theresa says:

I’m going with Hart of Dixie. We all know Zoe is from NYC and the only reason she is in Bluebell is to get a year of general practice under her belt. Also “herald a dramatic (and spoilery) storytelling shift for the show in question, which is why we’re withholding the title…” a change of location would definitely do this…

36. Nicky says:

Ringer. Oh, wait.

37. Amy says:

I would be very upset is this is about Americsn Horror Story. I don’t watch Revenge, but from what everyone has said it seems logical but not shocking. Please don’t be AHS – that house is the centre of the show!

38. TheFinalMan says:

I never heard the American Horror Story plan before. But I don’t want to lose Connie Britton! But Ryan Murphy had a location change for Nip/Tuck so he probably has the most experience with writing major location moves.

39. Cody says:

Though Revenge sounds like the obvious choice, and we know that they’re going back to NYC, I think this spoiler is about a different show. Because the interviews so that the action will be moving back in the second half of season one on Revenge. But for everyone saying OUAT, have you not watched the show at all? The characters cannot leave Storybrooke or bad things begin to happen to them. The only characters that can leave or Henry and Emma. I’m guessing Regina might be able to leave too. But they wouldn’t move the show to NYC just to revolve around those two (maybe three) characters.

40. Scott says:

Celebrity Apprentice! Jk..It’s Big Brother! Ok..no its Revenge!

41. Kimmie says:

That was my first thought!!

42. nitemar says:

American Horror Story. New location, new house with different family and ghosts! Oh, but I like Constance!

43. Alex says:

Except there’s this whole thing where Revenge is still in its FIRST season and hasn’t even been renewed yet…

44. kristen says:

That’s what I was thinking…if its revenge, then this is old news.

45. Janine says:

Heart of Dixie… the Big Apple already has a presence on the show… and really wanted to guess something other than Revenge.

46. Ingmar says:

It’s Revenge quite obvious. They can’t stay in the Hamptons forever.

47. Going with the show that hasn’t announced a move, I’m going with Once Upon a Time. Agree with DH that “hood” and “storytelling” seem like clues. And it can’t be Revenge, or Mike wouldn’t be calling it a spoiler.

48. Mia says:

The use of “plotting” in the title… like ‘plotting REVENGE’

49. Shari says:

yayyy Revenge! I hope that they actually SHOOT here and don’t pull any of that insulting soundstage crap. We can tell its a back lot with canned background noises, people!