Alias' Sydney Bristow Battles Chuck's Sarah Walker in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Tourney!

“Nobody does it better,” sang Carly Simon in the theme song to 1977′s James Bond flick The Spy Who Loved Me. And that ditty seems apt for Round 3, Day 4 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, which features a pair of super-sexy agents battling to advance to the Quarterfinals.

Psych’s Juliet Tries to Topple Castle’s Kate in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Tourney

Indeed, we’ve got Alias‘ Sydney Bristow squaring off against Chuck‘s Sarah Walker, and while both will enter the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next couple of weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

NCIS: LA’s Kensi Vs. NCIS’ Ziva as ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Rages On!

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Izzie says:

Sydney Anne Bristow. No doubt about that. Ever.

• kate says:

Agreed. I love Chuck too, but no way does Sarah come close to Sydney in terms of being crushable. Sarah’s cute but she’s never seemed that imposing to me. Sydney could hold her own against any bad guy and still managed to take of her friends! I loved the episode where Weiss admitted to Vaughn that Sydney was way too much woman for him!

• wordsmith says:

I agree with all of that, except I’m not sure whether or not it makes her more crushable. She’s definitely the stronger, more interesting character, but that’s quite a lot of tortured anger and emotional baggage to deal with…

• Dan says:

Sarah Walker for the win!
          Yvonne Strahovski kicks ass as Sarah Walker searching all over Thailand for Chuck. Earning the reputation as “Giant blonde shemale”.

• sash fan says:

Curse you tvline for making me choose —– but it’s got to be Sydney Bristow. No contest.

• AGREED! says:

Sarah was in the lead when I voted and I don’t understand how! Sydney is A.) Way more badass than Sarah B.) Smarter than Sarah (I love Sarah but sometimes she has her ditz moments) C.) Sydney is not only a badass but her entire family is badass. D.) Sydney was even kicked butt when she was pregnant. Sydney should win this one. HANDS DOWN!

• Agreed TOO says:

Yes!!! Thank you! I’ve been thinking the same thing. Can’t we give a little props to the girl who lead her own show for 5 years!! I like Chuck and all, but lets get real, Sarah is a side kick. Sydney has it all, and hello, Sydney could totally kick Sarah’s a**

• Carrie says:

I totally agree! Who could be better than Sydney?! Gorgeous, extremely smart, kick-ass and kind-hearted, too. Anyone can come up with a female badass who’s an ice queen, but Sydney was tough and strong with a big heart and morals.

• Charley says:

I honestly cannot think of 1 single ‘ditz’ moment Sarah Walker has ever had. And i’ve seen every episode a dozen times. If you like Sydney more then thats fine, but Sarah Walker has never had a single ditzy moment in Chuck’s history. Her character went to HARVARD! She’s smart as hell!

• Katy says:

Anyone doubting Sydney’s crushableness needs to watch the episode of Alias where the opening scenes are ste to back in black http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYwCfl1irIw should speak for itself. She is the hottest, most kick a$$ woman on this list and if alias was currently on she would be winning, but unfortunately she has been slightly forgetten.

2. Sami says:

Is there really even a question? Sydney Bristow!

3. Kaelity says:

Sydney Bristow, forever and always.

4. Grace says:

If Sarah Walker doesn’t win this whole thing, it’ll be a crime against humanity.

5. Matt says:

This is going to be a tough one. Go Team Bartowski!

• Ben says:

I agree.

Two very crushable girls right here, but its not badassery on which I judge crushable. Sarah comes across as more human and definitely the girl I’d be more into. So, Sarah has to win for me.

6. Martin says:

the winner of this will face Kate Beckett in the grand final. calling it now.

7. nonabgo says:

Sidney is the ultimate action lady, while Sarah is sometimes so annoying I can’t even watch a full episode of Chuck.

8. Louise says:

Sydney is the greatest character ever. I love Sarah and I adore Chuck but nothing comes close to the awesomeness that was Alias. That show is one of the best shows ever. FACT!!!!!!

9. dodgerboy says:

sarah walker is undoubtedly the hottest actress on tv. if this bristow chick wins this it will be because all the old people voted for her. sarah is amazing

• Johnn says:

Old people? Alias ran from 2001-2005, hardly “old”. I mean, I’m 17 and watched it from start to finish. And fyi, this “Bristow chick” you’re talking about kicks butt!!

• Craig says:

I’m 29 and I voted for Sydney so I guess I’m one of those “old people”. I didn’t realize only twelve year-olds such as yourself are allowed to vote, Slezak seems to have left that little detail out of his article.

• GK says:

What are you like? 8? Go to school boy!

• sash fan says:

Are you in preschool? Memory problems? Alias was only 7 years ago. Now, the good Alias was 9 years ago, so maybe that’s too far back for you. But they had Cagney and Lacey, for goodness sakes! That’s who the old people voted for.

10. em says:

Love both shows and characters, but Sydney gets the edge. She’s hot, smart, funny and would handily beat Sarah in a fight. I hope whoever wins this one takes it over Beckett.

11. Luu Dunshopski says:

GO SARAH.

12. Johnn says:

Sorry Sarah, I really like you but Sydney Bristow FTW!

13. t.t says:

this should be the finals.
    Sarah Walker FTCW (for the chucking win)

14. kyle ramzey says:

Sarah walker hands down

15. Rebecca says:

Im 26 don’t consider myself “old” but there is no question Bristow FTW!

16. Troma says:

Sydney Bristow! No one comes close!

17. Justin says:

Love both of them, but I had to give the edge to Sydney Bristow.

18. Jim says:

Tough one, both awesome characters AND both really hot. My vote goes to Sarah, though, hoping my dream finale of Sarah vs. Kate Beckett will happen.

• Eric says:

Agreed. Only problem is, I wouldn’t know who to vote for! As hot as Sydney Bristow is, Sarah Walker is just as hot if not hotter, and personality puts her on top in this battle.

19. Jenny says:

Holy crap!!! This is a close one!!! I’m hoping Sarah Walker can pull it off!

20. Ed says:

Syd all the way!

WOW this is a close one!

21. Loni says:

Ahh!! Such a tough one! These two ladies are definitely my top two favorite tv crime-fighting females. But I’ve got to go with Sarah. I mean, just watch this video, it says it all: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eT6F8Y57vOQ. Sorry Sydney; maybe I’ll netflix some old Alias episodes to do penance.

• Karen H in NC says:

Sydney Bristol all the way! yes..I’ll give you Sarah looks cute while she kicks a little butt….but watch this clip of Sydney in action…in some of her Alias disguises http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H59w4fUp9sQ I liked the episode where she’s in Cuba and says to Vaughn on the phone ‘You try dancing the Salsa in 3 inch heels while keeping your cover’.

• Loni says:

I agree with you Karen, Sydney Bristol is awesome; she revolutionized female tv lead characters. However, I still have to go with Sarah. I’m sure it’s just because my heart is breaking with this being the final season of Chuck and all. So I submit this video to you for your viewing pleasure, it’s the softer side of Sarah and I definitely think it’s “crushable”. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8-b5oEqR0o

22. Jen says:

Sarah Walker!!!!

23. Henry says:

Being forced to pick only one of them is just evil…

24. kaka says:

This is not even funny. THese were the two whom I expected to make it to finals…

25. Clint says:

C’mon, this isn’t even close. Sarah is way hotter.

26. Tater says:

Sarah Walker without a doubt..I mean really she is adorable :)

27. Sue says:

Sydney Bristow without question…

28. Styrch says:

Sydney HAS to win this battle! How can she possibly not? I adore Sarah Walker too, but Sydney is… SYDNEY BRISTOW!!! It’s like comparing someone to Buffy.

29. kaelin says:

Sydney bristow all the way!

30. sw says:

Sara walker of course!

31. Ray says:

Oh dear this is so hard. I love them both.They’re the best spies ever. Voting for Sarah Walker though.

32. Alex says:

Nuff said:

• Captain says:

All that proves is that Alias had the clunkiest, least believable, worst choreographed fight scenes of all time. And that music is just terrible.

• Alex says:

The reason that fight is amazing is BECAUSE it is so believable. No crazy kung-fu or wire, tricks, just two badasses fighting it out using the reality, the kitchen, the surrounding tools as weapons. It’s amazingly choreographed. Best girl fight on TV, ever, and this is coming from someone who loved Buffy.

Also, I didn’t stoop to dissing the show you watch. So now I can enjoy my superiority over you, cause this is just a TVLine poll, and I didn’t act like a brat.

• Will says:

It is pretty terrible. I was running through some of Sydney’s greatest fight highlights on youtube and they were not too clever, not realistic, too much stationary kicking and standing. Girl needs to bend her knees or something. She’s like a tree. But, overall its TV and I think its pretty good for that medium. Its not like its film. That said, Alias and Sydney Bristol is a better character overall, charming, pretty, crushable, and definitely gets my vote.

33. Captain says:

Sarah Walker is so crushworthy its insane while Sydney isn’t nearly as badass as she thinks she is. I could never take her seriously.

34. Audrey says:

Very tough one, but I chose Sarah Walker since I have a much bigger girlcrush on her!

35. Emgee says:

Boycott Sarah. She did NOT deserve to beat Fiona Glenanne from Burn Notice.

36. Billie says:

This should have been the final. I honestly think whoever wins this one will win the whole thing. Closest race in tournament history?

37. Carmichael says:

I knew I was right to be worried about this one. Doubleplusungood. SARAH! SARAH! SARAH!

38. Debs says:

I named my daughter after Sydney Bristow!

Team Syd!!

39. Robert says:

Sarah Walker for shure!

40. Andrew says:

Never managed to watch an episode of alias right thru without yawning, but I haven’ t missed a second of chuck. Gotta vote for SARAH.

• C.L. Hunter says:

Never managed to get through a post of yours without yawning, but can type a post of my own without missing a beat.

41. Jon says:

Sarah Walker wins without a doubt. Mrs. Affleck is sexy for sure but Yvonne is gorgeous.

42. b says:

oooh this one’s so hard to pick!

43. Bob says:

Sarah is so crushable, she better win this.. I never even heard of the show Alias, it seems like a bad show.

GO SARAH!!!!!!!

44. aussie! says:

imma have to vote for yvonne, go aussie!

45. Ryan says:

These are the two hottest in the whole tournament, but I gotta go with Sydney!

46. MrChuckology says:

Sydney Bristow was great but no freaking way she’s more of a woman or spy or kick ass than Sarah Walker Bartowski. Sarah managed 2 save her man from the hells of Thai jungle crushing bones, kicking teeth out of scumbags heads & high kicking wooden desks in a snake pits. And after all of that she managed 2 be sweet & loving girlfriend that woke up her man out of coma. Sydney failed miserably – her man was turned into a Swiss cheese before her helpless eyes. Enough said.

• ZmaX says:

@MrChuckology
      “her man was turned into a Swiss cheese before her helpless eyes”
      except, Not really…the two reunited and she saved the world from her Sloan & Irina :P

• Vicky says:

Um, Sydney was the main character, not their to support a male main character. And Sydney essentially ‘saved the world’ multiple times (though in rather far-fetched, fantastical, J.J. Abrams-type ways). The Bartowski team on Chuck are hilarious and charming, but they are pretty incompetent as spies. (Though I totally get that’s on purpose, cause Chuck’s a comedy.) So if you go by who’s a better spy, instead of who’s more ‘crushable’ (whatever that means) it 100% Sydney.

• Natalie says:

What the heck? I can’t even count how many times Sydney saved Vaughn, and you pick the one time she gets stuck in a car and blocked by a speeding train? The woman is not supposed to be God, and Sarah Walker isn’t even in the same league (though she is gorgeous).

47. Jason says:

The one and only, most amazing, an most kickass spy……. SARAH WALKER

48. Max says:

Such a tough decision!

49. Lisa says:

Oh, come on, Sarah is great, but without Sydney Bristow their wouldn’t even be a Sarah Walker, cause Chuck is obviously a comedy version of Alias(though I mean that in a totally positive way. And Sydney was the main character, and consequently so much more developed as an individual than Sarah will ever be!