Psych's Juliet Tries to Topple Castle's Kate in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Tourney

Psych‘s Juliet O’Hara and Castle‘s Kate Beckett have barely broken a sweat advancing to Round 3, Day 3 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, but only one will advance to the Quarterfinals.

The X-Files’ Scully Vs. Fringe’s Olivia as ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Round 3 Begins!

That’s exactly the kind of difficult pickle you’ll find in the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, where two crime-fighters enter, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

NCIS: LA’s Kensi Vs. NCIS’ Ziva as ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Rages On!

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (283)

• Remember that time Stana Katic was gorgeous and that other girl looks like a sad American Girl Doll?

Comment by Not You – December 11, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana you are fantastic to your fans and very good to them in meet and greets. On top of that you light up our tv screens with your acting skills, and the Beckett character is so real. Not to mention your are totally gorgeous. I don’t watch psyche – so I have no idea about the Jules character – sorry psyche fans. It is Beckett and Stana for my vote – ALWAYS!

Comment by MS – December 11, 2011 07:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE! Kate Beckett>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else

Comment by vale – December 11, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Definitely Beckett!

Comment by Anon – December 11, 2011 07:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How could you not vote for Stana? She’s the most gorgeous and beautiful most of us know, and if you don’t think so and voting for “Julie” or “Juliet” or something (sorry guys, too lazy to scroll back up) then I respect your vote, I just ask you not to dump your crap on Stana because to a lot of us, especially me, she is my role model. I honestly look up to her AND her character, so please leave her “crazy fans” alone and vote for whoever.
    Just tryin to prevent fights. Geez guys, just look up to whoever you want and keep your opinions to yourselves!

Comment by Jennie – December 11, 2011 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett… no contest for me. Even though the other chick is really pretty as well. :)

Comment by AlexH. – December 11, 2011 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So much drama…I cast my vote for Kate Beckett, because I’m head over heels for the character (and the actress). I do like Maggie Lawson, from what I’ve seen her in–Nancy Drew and then in Psych, and while I have watched Psych, it’s not my current tv obsession. Both are attractive, but you can only pick one. Let’s try and be civil, both sides? No need to be catty. Though I know that my saying anything isn’t going to stop people from acting immature. We’ll see how the poll goes.

Comment by OurMrsParker – December 11, 2011 07:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic hands down! That woman made me doubt my orientation!

Comment by Leah – December 11, 2011 07:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She didn’t just make me doubt myself, she turned me ;)

Comment by Stana for President – December 11, 2011 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL. I like both but my vote is for Stana. Like mentioned, no need to pick on the actresses. From what I’ve seen Stana seems like a nice person so people need to stop hating! Just vote and move on.

Comment by Elizabeth – December 11, 2011 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I feel so much better that I’m not the only girl attracted to her. Haha!
        Your name made LOL! “Stana for President”! HELL YEAH!

Comment by Liz – December 11, 2011 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right?! LOL. Agreed Stana is gorgeous! My vote is for Beckett.

Comment by Vanessa – December 11, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! Nobody else can have that much of an effect on women. Stana is truly one of a kind.

Comment by Carol – December 12, 2011 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • maggie lawson should be winning!

Comment by Kerry – December 11, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m voting for Beckett! I watch both shows and admit Jules is very crushable too but Beckett, well, she needs it more and she’s so adorable and heartbreaking.:)

Comment by Emmanuelle Works – December 11, 2011 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A poll where I don’t have to choose between Supernatural and Castle! FINALLY! *does a happy dance*

But yeah, totally going for Beckett here. Castle has my explanation for this here: “I’m looking for my partner. She’s a pretty girl, thinks she can leap tall buildings in a single bound, carries the weight of the world on her shoulder, and yet still manages to laugh at some of my jokes.”

I mean, what’s not to love about her?

Comment by Reyane – December 11, 2011 09:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I gotta vote for my hometown girl Maggie Lawson!! You make us all really proud!

Comment by Emily – December 11, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first thing: I vote for Beckett. Why? Well, I don’t watch Psych haha. Also, she has a real life. Come on guys, give the poor girl a break. She was shot in the chest. And her mom was murdered. And they never found the killer. If that were me, I would have PTSD, and have some problems.
    But anyway, this isn’t the point I came here to do.
    I read comments like “Yeah! Go Beckett!” or “Kate! Always”, something simple like that from the Castle fans. And then from Psych fans:(Not exact quotes, just an example) “Jeez Castle fans, you’re so obnoxious.” or “I hate Castle fans because they put other actors/shows down.” or “Castle fans are so unfair, they just sit here and vote.” And my thoughts are “Um, you are the first from the comment thread so far to put anyone down. Saying “Stana (or Beckett) makes me puke.’ And we can only vote once.” Do all you just sit here and wait for a Castle related poll to put us down? I mean seriously. You say we are mean….
    My final thought is: I’m not trying to be mean, I’m just stating some things. From what I have seen, it kinda makes me sick to my stomach. A tv show is a tv show. And the actors and crew members are nice to each other, so why can’t the fans be? How would you feel if one Stana or Maggie were reading these comments?
    Take your hands off the keyboard. THINK before you type. Try to be nice, everyone loves a tv show and putting down actors/shows/fans is NOT a good way to get along. Okay, I think I’m done…

Comment by I'mREALLYAnnoyed – December 11, 2011 09:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • as a STANATIC I say…well said.

Comment by Kelly – December 11, 2011 10:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • best comment ever…and so true! Well said!

Comment by AmyMichelle – December 12, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too am schocked at the hate I’ve read here. I’m a fan of both shows so I don’t see what the huge fight is over.

Comment by Sara – December 12, 2011 12:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would someone even TRY to compete with Stana?

Comment by Keegan – December 11, 2011 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Detective Kate Beckett. Nuff said.

Comment by ls – December 11, 2011 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello Stana !Bye Juliet!

Comment by BAMF – December 11, 2011 10:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana / Kate… ALWAYS~

Comment by Cayenne – December 11, 2011 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe all this hate going around. Why do people have to hate? Stanatics, don’t hate on people who don’t like Stana/Beckett. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. And the people who are voting for this Juliet chick, whoever she is, don’t hate on those of us who are voting for Kate. I personally do not find this Juliet person attractive, let alone crushable. Stana is the most beautiful woman alive, IN MY OPINION. So the fandoms need to stop with their fanatic hating and insults and just vote SILENTLY. It’s kind of obvious who’s winning here, so there are no comments needed. GO BECKETT!!!!!!

Comment by Kelsie – December 11, 2011 10:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Way to tell them Kelsie! I’m a STANATIC all the wayyy!!! I couldn’t believe some of the comments about Stana. I didn’t think it way possible to hear read something like that about her..GO BECKETT!!!!

Comment by Kelly – December 11, 2011 10:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • *no HATEFUL comments needed, my bad

Comment by Kelsie – December 11, 2011 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • STANA ALWAYS!

Comment by Emily Cheng – December 11, 2011 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To all the Stana Katic haters..back the hell up! Let me say this…..this poll is about the CHARACTERS NOT the ACTORS!!!

Comment by Kelly – December 11, 2011 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If it was about actors, even then Stana would take the cake. She is a wonderful human being who works so hard in many non-profit organizations. She is genuinely good and perfect in every way possible. Before anybody jumps on me, I don’t know what Juliet does or who she is, because I don’t know her and neither love, nor hate her.

Comment by GK – December 12, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett males me question my sexuality :p. But half of me hates that a police officers hair could look that good. All of the lady cops in my town have the pixie…..

Comment by Mackenzie – December 11, 2011 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett makes me question my sexuality :p. But half of me hates that a police officers hair could look that good. All of the lady cops in my town have the pixie…..

Comment by Mackenzie – December 11, 2011 11:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett FTW!!!

Comment by Karen – December 11, 2011 11:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This^

Comment by Anna – December 11, 2011 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah. Stana Katic spends her time volunteering at children’s hospital, promoting alternative travel project to reduce pollution and making independent films for no pay because she wants to be a part of a beautiful story. Clearly that makes her shallow. And high maintenance. You know, in opposite world. I really wish people wouldn’t talk about things about which they know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Having said all of that, this isn’t “which actress is a better person?” this is which CHARACTER is more CRUSHABLE. So um, debate that all you want to. I understand that. Both characters are pretty crushable. And have great hair.

Comment by SD – December 11, 2011 11:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would vote for Beckett any day.. she is absolutely stunning no matter what the occasion… Plus she is an amazing actor.. i personally think she is already straight through to the finals.. she deserves it..
    Luv Ya Kate

Comment by Maddie – December 12, 2011 12:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jest dla Beckett na mój głos-ALWAY!!!

Comment by jolanta miłkowska – December 12, 2011 12:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Take a chill pill dude. Like many other have pointed out, this a poll based on the characters not the actresses. And if you don’t mind my question, what is the evidence you have that proves that Katic is b!tch? I’m not a fan of the actress but from other articles I’ve read she seems to be quite the opposite.

Comment by AlexH. – December 12, 2011 01:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Wait..I never said she’s a bitch! Are you serious? Seems like you should take that chill pill dude! LOL

Comment by Marc – December 14, 2011 05:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I don’t think that comment was meant for you. I saw that reply on the first day to a comment by Emma, (which was deleted by the user), stating that she was a btch in RL. And a bunch of other stuff that she “knows”.

Comment by Kris – December 14, 2011 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @AlexH – you said, and I quote, “I’m not a fan of the actress but from other articles I’ve read she seems to be quite the opposite”. LOL Alex – on reading your full post comment it seems like you are a fan of Stana – time to come out perhaps, haha! Anyway good comment from you!

Comment by Peacenotwarplease – December 16, 2011 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a poll for most crushable, not a ‘slam on the celebrities involved’ opportunity. Stana is so far from shallow. She is down to earth, kind, generous & incredibly sweet to her fans. If you don’t like her that’s up to you; but that is no reason to be hurtful towards someone many of us know to be an extraordinary person.

Comment by Kat – December 12, 2011 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree. I can’t believe how quickly the thread turned into an attack on the celebrity’s personality. I think we all need to remember that even though we see their faces on our TVs weekly that doesn’t mean that we know them. Stana seems to be more open with her fans than most celebrities I’ve seen, but no matter how many chats we tune in for, or interviews we watch, I doubt we’ll ever know any of them as well as many of us seem to think. A few people used the word “shallow”, I wonder, has it occurred to any one that this whole thing is a shallow competition and all our judgements on the people involved are incredibly superficial.

Comment by Liza – December 12, 2011 10:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic all the way to the victory of this compettion! She is insanely gorgeus!

Comment by francis – December 12, 2011 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People in many fandoms love Nathan Fillion because he’s been a working actor for a couple of decades doing everything from soaps to sci-fi. Stana Katic was unknown before Castle so she has no other fanbase. And if being defensive makes Stana’s fans crazy then ok, guilty as charged. But we’re just voting for who we like, not going out of our way to vote for someone we’ve never heard of just to vote against someone we irrationally hate. We’re not the ones spewing hateful rumors. And for the record, I like Psych’s Juliet. I just like Castle’s Beckett more.

Comment by SD – December 12, 2011 02:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Both are stunning. But it’s physically impossible for me to vote against KBecks. And this is a Castle fan that doesn’t need to bash the other competitor and fandom. Who would’ve thought. Good luck for both.

Comment by Jolie – December 12, 2011 02:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana all the way !!!!

Comment by loulou – December 12, 2011 02:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The fighting is stupid & haters should get a life. Meanwhile, can we take a moment to acknowledge that “Juliet tries to topple Kate” is just a really hot mental image? No? I’m the only one who thinks so? Ok. Well I’d vote for Jules against most other people, but I gotta vote Kate.

Comment by LolaBlackCastle – December 12, 2011 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is something about the actress Stana Katic and her character Kate Beckett, that I can´t quite explain. All I know is that I have an unhealthy crush on her.
    Her character feels so real and I think we also have to thank Andrew Marlow, creator and exec producer of Castle, for the upcoming winner of this whole contest. Love you Kate Beckett!!! And don´t forget your wall won´t be there forever!

Comment by Martin – December 12, 2011 04:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To the author of this comment – “It is the rabid scary fans of Stana Katic that give her a bad reputation among other fandoms” – WOW just WOW, it must be hell living with all that hate! Anyways there are a lot of Stana/Castle fans who belong to other fandoms too, so your thinking here is a myth really! NF himself has said that Stana is a VERY SHY girl, and someone who is shy is usually opposite to bitchy, never wanting to draw attention to themselves. From accounts of everyone who has met Stana she is sweet, kind, and considerate to people. You can hardly blame Stana because all her fans love her. I don’t know Maggie/Jules character as I watch Castle not Psyche, but I am sure she is equally as nice as Stana. Whatever the result of the poll, hope they both prosper in their acting work and series they are on.

Comment by MS – December 12, 2011 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MAGGIE LAWSON AKA JULIET O’HARA!!!! Stana is great but she doesn’t even come close to the awesomeness of the talent and beauty of Maggie Lawson. She is just so adorable and kick ass!

GO MAGGIE LAWSON – JULIET O’HARA ROCKS!!

And the only reasonn that Stana is ahead is because she is on a network show and therefore seen by a much wider audience. Psych is cable and a much smaller audience so this poll is totally unfair.

Comment by mac74 – December 12, 2011 05:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • there’s a thing called the Internet, you know

Comment by Sarah – December 12, 2011 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You obviously don’t see the final ratings. Psych has one hell of a fanbase. And there’s always the internet and dvd’s. Your point is moot.

Comment by James – December 12, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My people always succeed!

Comment by Victoria Gates – December 12, 2011 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YOUR people? They’re my people!

Comment by Roy Montgomery – December 12, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Beckett but the most gorgeous woman is Yvonne Strahovski

Comment by Thib – December 12, 2011 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m ready to bet my coffee mug that Juliet can’t run in those heels Beckett had last week! Wooo!
    Just vote for who you want. Of course this is a popularity contest: how would you want this to be anyways? It’s not like Castle has more fans and viewers than Psych… oh wait…

Comment by Julie – December 12, 2011 05:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • definetely stana !!

Comment by pavitra – December 12, 2011 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Going with Beckett here, because I’ve never watched Psych. Though Maggie is really pretty, I don’t know the character, therefore, I cannot have a crush on her. Kate Beckett it is! :)

Comment by Carla – December 12, 2011 06:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My chica, Kate Beckett all the way baby!

Comment by Lanie Parish – December 12, 2011 06:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Chica?” Girl, you have been spending too much time with Javi.

Comment by Fan – December 12, 2011 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lol, this fandom rocks.

Comment by Caskett – December 12, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beckett. Always.

Comment by Luu Dunshopski – December 12, 2011 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this even a poll anymore? Beckett is winning of course, like she wins everything else!!! Team Beckett/Castle/Caskett FTW.

Comment by notsorry4beingashipper – December 12, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Kate Beckett!

Comment by Kristy – December 12, 2011 07:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Right on – keep voting for my girl Kate!

Comment by Lanie Parish – December 12, 2011 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Vote for Beckett – she smells like cherries.

Comment by Richard Castle – December 12, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maggie Lawson is gorgeous, but this is Kate Beckett, the female equalivent of Jack Bauer, IMO, Looking extremely gorgeous while kicking ass

Comment by Jericho227 – December 12, 2011 08:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What an insult to Kate! She’s more like the female Tony Almeida. ;)

Comment by Jim – December 12, 2011 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • More insulting! She is not even comparable to any guy! She is above them all. lol

Comment by -_- – December 12, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post