Psych's Juliet Tries to Topple Castle's Kate in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Tourney

Psych‘s Juliet O’Hara and Castle‘s Kate Beckett have barely broken a sweat advancing to Round 3, Day 3 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament, but only one will advance to the Quarterfinals.

The X-Files’ Scully Vs. Fringe’s Olivia as ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Round 3 Begins!

That’s exactly the kind of difficult pickle you’ll find in the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, where two crime-fighters enter, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

NCIS: LA’s Kensi Vs. NCIS’ Ziva as ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Rages On!

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. wordsmith says:

I know Beckett is a major favorite for this competition, and she’s awesome, no doubt. But just for the record, Juliet is probably the most crush-worthy character on TV right now.

2. jackal says:

puhleese.. beckett is in the final round already, nobody on that side of the bracket can touch her.

3. Kevin says:

Such a bad picture of Maggie (not really) but should have used a more recent episode one!!

4. Mike N. says:

Should be Juliet, but the more popular show will win. Maggie Lawson is adorable, smart, and more “real-world”. She’s got some meat on her bones as well, which is nice.

• Vee says:

What is that supposed to mean? You do know Beckett got shot to the chest and Stana obviously had to accommodate to her character. Also that is not a real argument.

• Kirstie says:

I completely agree with you. As a fan of both shows, I really think that Beckett only has the ratings because Juliet is a waaaay more awesome. Yes, Beckett is tough, but she lacks any other awesome-bringing qualities. Juliet can diffuse her ridiculous boyfriend, navigate an overbearing partner, help solve crime, and be bad ass all at once.

5. Ashley says:

I kind of like the title of the poll “Castle’s Kate”, actually I luvvit. Kate Beckett FTW!!!!!

6. Steve T says:

I would love to vote for Juliet but I just can’t. If only she was up against anyone but Kate.

7. CastleBuffySVU says:

GO BECKETTTTTTTTTT! WOO!

8. John Snow says:

Your freaking existence makes me want to puke.

9. Erin says:

Juliet! I hate Stana and her crazy fans! Don’t even know Juliet but I’m voting like crazy for her.

10. Rosa says:

Beckett fo’ sure! I’m straight and I say she’s damn fine…and damn beautiful… =)

11. Rick Castle says:

I know Detective Beckett secretly votes for me in some of the polls too, so I’m just going to return the favor. Just being supportive.

12. R. Castle says:

Looks like my muse is winning.

13. TigerNightmare says:

Popularity wins in the end. People vote for Beckett over Juliet because they just don’t watch Psych. If they watched both shows, they’d see that beyond both of their attractiveness, Beckett has ISSUES that’s kept her away from Castle and in a bad place about her mother’s murder, while Juliet has the same smarts and none of therapy sessions. That’s why I voted for Juliet.

• Wow says:

So you… voted for Juliet just because Kate has been to therapy? That doesn’t make her any less crushable.

• JoMarch says:

@Wow-people should only be allowed to post when they have adequate reading comprehension. TigerNightmare wasn’t saying (s)he voted against Beckett because she went to therapy, but, rather, because she has so much baggage. Beckett’s a real downer; Juliet is pretty and pleasant. But then, Psych is a comedy.

• JC says:

I watch both shows and I love Juliet and I’ll agree that she is as smart but I would rather date Beckett.

• Leigh says:

This is a poll based on attractiveness. It doesn’t matter that she has ‘issues’.

• TigerNightmare says:

The poll uses the word “crushable”. I’d honestly say they’re both equally attractive physically. Who are you more likely to have a crush on, the girl who’s depressed with PTSD and obsessed with revenge or the girl who smiles?

• Girish says:

I’d date Kate Beckett even with all her flaws.

• JoMarh says:

Well said, TigerNightmare

• Eric says:

I say who doesn’t have issues! I’ll choose Stana over everybody else, everytime!

• Nolan says:

Wait wait wait, Since when was Beckett depressed with PTSD. Yes she has symptoms, but she isn’t full on depressed or PTSD. You see her with her problems very rarely. Kates character makes sense. If your mother was murdered and you became a cop, you would want to catch the killer. And if you were shot you would probably have symptoms of PTSD. Nothing is just pretty flowers and rainbows. Kate can be serious, hot, funny, seductive, happy, sad and all those emotions cuz Stana is a wonderful actress . (I have seen Psych once I think and it was very enjoyable, however I don’t know the character very much. And Stana Katic is so dayum hot it aint funny. Stana will get my vote no matter what. And by saying that Kate is just depressed with PSTD and Juliet is someone who smiles, insinuates that Kate doesn’t smile. But she does. A LOT. :P And to the people talking about popularity contests, yea Stana might win in this category, but Castle isn’t the biggest Law enforcement show out there. Not even clooooooose. I believe it only got pretty popular after the second or third season.

• Liza says:

Give me PTSD and a drive for justice any day. I don’t trust people who smile too much… they’re usually hiding something worse. Besides, Kate Beckett is not depressed. She shows no sings of depression, just PTSD. As someone who has suffered from both at one time or another, I’m just saying, there’s a difference and a lot of people seem to miss that fact.

• CoolLife says:

Beckett may have baggage, but she also has the courage to know when to ask for help. She isn’t perfect, and she knows that. If anything, I think the fact that she’s not perfect and that she has really issues to deal with makes her so much more attractive.

Plus, she’s twice the BAMF that Juliet will ever be.

• Anna says:

I’ve seen both tv shows.
      And waht you pointed out as something bac, is what makes her extraordinary, she is not flawless. Everyone can portrait a perfect character, but you need balls to portrait a flawed one.
      I dont want to see a TV show about a perfect, pretty, smart, strong chick because that is not real life. I want to see someone real, someone with “ISSUES” and how she overcomes it.

And that’s why I voted for Beckett.

14. Nicole says:

Beckett FTW!

15. Justin says:

Voted for Juliet based on familiarity since I watch Psych, but don’t watch Castle. I know Beckett’s going to win though.

16. Coffee and Cherries always says:

Jingle bells, Maggie smells, Stana all the way. HAY!

• Coffee and Cherries Make Me Barf says:

Real classy.

• Melanie says:

Wow. Real mature.

As a viewer of both shows, I can honestly say I had a difficult time choosing, but in the end I went with Maggie because Juliet has always been one of my favorite characters on television.

I just think people should STOP with all the petty comments and just vote on who you think is more ‘crushable’. No need to bash other people’s favorite actors/characters.

17. Richard Castle says:

The vote for my biggest crush is Beckett! Always.

18. austen. says:

is Juliet really losing? Are you serious?

19. PsychFan says:

Lots of people watch Psych. We trend on twitter every week. I don’t see you castle fans trending ever. Don’t act like no one watches. That’s why I hate Castle fans. Always putting down other shows/actors. No one cares about polls like these. We vote once for fun and leave. We don’t spend hours voting.

• ThisIsWhyWeCan'tHaveNiceThings says:

I’ve never met a single Castle fan that has stated that they hate other shows and actors on those shows. No one is denying that Psych is hugely popular, nor is anyone badmouthing the Psych actors. I’m not sure which Castle fans you’ve encountered recently, but they certainly do not make up the majority of fans. So please, before making these generalized comments, make sure you’re truly describing the vast majority of that group.
      P.S. You’re right, putting down other shows/actors is a terrible thing to do. But so is putting down the fans of those shows.

• IGetSoBuggedWithSomePeople says:

Yes, I do know lots of people watch Psych. My best friend watches Psych. The whole trending on twitter doesn’t really matter, it means we aren’t as crazy obsessed with twitter. And, um, we don’t put down other actors/shows. YOU are. See? Yeah. And, we CAN’T spend hours voting. You see? One and done. You’re only allowed to vote once.
      P.S. I don’t “Hate” any fandom. Everyone has a reason for their favorite show. Some are crazy rabid, but I understand. Cause I am too. The ones that bug me are the ones that have to make posts like yours. Please vote and leave in peace.

• Mack says:

You know it only counts one vote, right? So Beckett isn’t winning because a few fans are rabidly voting. She’s winning because she’s amazing. And from what it looks like, you’re the one putting down others.

• Yep says:

Yea, try voting as many time as you like, your votes won’t be counted. It’ll say “thank you, we already counted your vote.”

• Jessie says:

Ha. Yeah. You’re just saying that coz Kate’s winning against Juliet.

20. sandee says:

Both very crushable but I give Beckett the edge, she’s kick ass.

21. Olive says:

Seriously. Stana Katic must be the shallowest person alive. Oh, no wait. That title is reserved for people like you who have no idea what they’re talking about.

22. Alex says:

I’ve no idea who Juliet is. I’ve just discovered Beckett and I love her

23. BonesFringePsychFan says:

Jeez some Castle fans can be so obnoxious. I love the show, but I don’t feel the need to put down other shows/fandoms to prove you like the show. Beckett’s cute, but she’s got nothing on Juliet (or Brennan or Olivia Dunham!) I know Juliet will get beat out but whatever… She’s way prettier. And has a nicer personality. But that’s just my 2 cents.

24. CharlieBlue says:

Kate Beckett. Hands down!

25. MaggieFTW says:

Wow Castle fans grow up! Go MagPie!

26. Long v Short says:

Funny what a change in hairstyle can do to increase your sex appeal. When the show first started, Beckett looked asexual and far from being cute. Now that she’s got long hair, she’s suddenly the most crushworthy female on TV? She should give her stylist half her paycheck.

• Alex says:

I’m watching the pilot right now, even with barely make up on Stana Katic/Beckett is stunning

• CharlieBlue says:

She’s always been gorgeous to me, long hair, short hair. But that’s probably because I’m more for her eyes and smile. I’m not a nutty about her hair, as most other female (or male) fans are. Sure it’s awesome, but that’s also it for me.

• GK says:

Stana was always gorgeous. The moment she appeared on that pilot, I just fell for her.

• Not True says:

I’ve watched the series since the first episode, and I fell for Kate the second she was on screen. It’s her personality, mystery, and emotions that make her so crushworthy. I mean, she had a mullet in the second season and she was still in my top five. It’s not the hair; it’s the woman.

• Elin says:

just watch Beckett walk away from Castle with that swing in her hips in the end of the pilot episode, or when she interrupted his book reading in 1×04. I fell for her right away! I’m a sucker for Stanas longer hair and I admit that she had some strange hairstyles in the first season but she also has amazing eyes and I love those funny faces she made in the first seasons. I loved her right away, for her BAMF attitude, her sense of humor and her vulnerability. (Oh, and I love the “Castle’s Kate” too)

27. David says:

this is too difficult, I truly do not know WHO to vote for!! Juliet has been a crush of mine since the very beginning of Psych which is like 6 years compared to the 4 years of Castle, so I believe that is where I will vote from. sorry Kate!

28. Ken says:

Maggie Lawson is hot, but if stana doesnt win this tournament theres something wrong lol

29. Bianca says:

Always a like a Castle fan to play the victim. They never start trouble. *worst fandom around*

Go Maggie/Juls

30. Audrey says:

Team Beckett here.

31. Vivi says:

Kate Beckett. Always.

32. Brittany says:

Kate Beckett. she’s such a BAMF, how could she not win? kudos to Stana :D

33. Kate says:

I love the title of this- Castle’s Kate… Sounds good to me. This was an easy one. Beckett is awesome!!!!!!

34. I am of the opinion that people shouldn’t vote for Beckett until Stana stops looking so emaciated. The sunken, Skeletor-esque eyes are really freaking me out this season.

Now, if O’Hara hadn’t been diminished to an almost nothing role over the last two seasons, I could make other arguments. But Stana Katic just looks unhealthy and I don’t want to encourage that.

• Reid says:

….because voting for her in a poll is encouraging that. Watch out guys, if you vote for a thin girl you’re encouraging other girls to be thin.

• Molly says:

Although i agree that Beckett is thin. I feel as if wardrobe and make up have added to the effect to show how vulnerable Beckett has been since she was shot. Just a thought, for what it’s worth.

• CharlieBlue says:

THIS!
          Yes, she’s still recovering from a near fatal shooting (in where she did die briefly), both physically and mentally. That will take a toll on anyone’s body and it doesn’t state how long it will take to recover fully. Not when she’s suffering from PTSD on top of it all.

• PTSD doesn’t cause one to be anorexic. Yes, there should have been years of recovery for effectively being shot in the heart, but TV doesn’t care about that reality. Beckett looks like a stick because Stana is that thin.

Her ever decreasing weight is just off-putting to me. I like the character, but I can’t endorse her because she looks sickly.

• Samantha says:

actually, I have PTSD and when my anxiety levels are through the roof I can barely eat so I’m that thin

• GK says:

That’s understandable because she was just shot. You know she looked much better in the last episode – “CUFFED”. And Stana is healthy, not too thin!

• Samantha says:

dude, skinny people can be attractive too, it’s not our fault if we’re that skinny :(

• John says:

I’m going to try to put this to rest. From what I think of it, maybe she had to loose some weight for it to make sense for her character. I mean, after being shot and going through three months of recovery, wouldn’t you look skinnier?

And last I checked, Stana is a dedicated actress. She adds parts of herself into her roles. Just like Nathan Fillion. He’s a funny guy in real life. So is Rick.

• Sofia says:

Stana is not unhealthy. She’s 5’9 and is just a thin women…a lot of women are like that. She’s nowhere near anorexic.

• AN says:

The last time I met Stana in person (when they were filming early season 4), she looked pretty healthy to me. Makeup and wardrobe contribute to creating that post-traumatic look. Plus, by 4×10 she looks to be getting back to normal.

35. Molly says:

Beckett is my idol. I love love love her character. Stana does an amazing job at portraying her. Both Beckett/Stana are naturally stunning! There is no competition in my own opinion. I have no doubt she will get far in this bracket.

36. AmyMichelle says:

I’m a massive Castle fan so obviously its Beckett FTW on this one even though I do find Maggie Lawson very beautiful and talented and Psych is a show I would love to get the chance to watch just don’t have the time too…

One of the things that makes Kate Beckett awesome is the fact that she’s REAL! She’s in physical therapy and also seeing a mental health professional in order to work through fears and (as we saw in ‘Kill Shot’) her PTSD from being shot by a sniper…one of the things that makes a character so attractive is not only looks and intelligence and kickassery but on how real they are…and for me (though this is biased since I’ve never seen Psych) Beckett wins cause she is relatable and actually has layers…she’s intense and flawed and so intriguing…

• JoMarch says:

Get a grip; she’s not real, she’s a fictional character. In reality, would a police department let some actor run around with them day in day out? Maybe a ride around one evening or two, but Castle is a part of the team! Yeah, that show and Becket are “real”, just not on this planet.

• Jerk says:

Who cares! Stana’s hot! You obviously are not! That’s why you are hating on her!

• Haha says:

OK, I don’t have much to say to you except, um, he’s a writer. I thought I’d throw that one out there. So you obviously haven’t seen the show, which makes any of your arguments invalid.

• Audrey says:

Why do you even bother coming here and comment on a poll about two fictional characters then? Do you even watch TV?

37. LMAOlookatyourlife says:

I’ve looked at her and she looks beautiful before and after. Don’t see why that matters anyway.

38. NathanFan says:

Tried to watch Castle because I love Nathan! But Stana and her high maintence attitude turned me off. No wonder Nathan can’t stand her.

39. Calm Your Tits, Please says:

Big Castle fan here. Love Beckett as a character and Stana as a actress.
    Everyone has their favorite character, guys.
    It’s a poll. We really don’t need to get catty about it.
    We’re fandoms. Just cast your votes, and move on. No need to start things because you’re winning or loosing.

40. crazyphobia says:

Most painful question ever. I mean, Jules v Beckett? Why? Just why. Both of them are just so… amazing and adorable and easily fixate-on-able. /Any/ other matchup it would be Jules, easy but… It will always be Beckett for me. So I just get to feel horribly guilty.

41. c says:

this decision is giving me heart palpitations. just kidding. while I love psych and Juliet, Beckett wins HANDS DOWN. anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. remember people, these are the characters we’re voting for here. besides, SK seems wonderful.

42. Blah says:

Yes, she got a nose job. And she looked gorgeous with and without it, so that doesn’t matter. Do you even know inmature you are? It’s a poll, and if the other woman it’s losing it’s not the end of world or something lol cool it off people You are embarrassing your entire fandom with these comments.

• Katie says:

I have fought over people making these comments many times. I was going to stay out of it, but this is my last straw with you TigerNightmare, have you ever thought it might not have been for cosmetic reasons? That it was a medical condition or injury that caused her to have to have it reshaped, and who gives a damn if it has been anyway! People only seem to bring it up when they feel like attacking Stana, and I am sick of it. Stana is an amazing person, who does so much for the environment, charities, her fans, her roles and anything else she does in life. Leave her alone; stop attacking her, because I am sick of it and it is just plain rude. She is someone’s daughter, sister, friend, how would you like it if Stana read these or if these comments were made about you; you wouldn’t would you, so stop saying it about her!
      To the others making comments about her weight, yeah she lost weight at the start of the season, but after you go through a trauma like Kate did you do lose weight, and for her to lose that weight as an actress shows how dedicated she is to the role; they have addressed the fact that she is still not 100% better yet in the show, and the way she dresses some days and the fact that she may be a bit skinnier just shows how much work goes into this show.
      PEACE OUT and leave Stana along!

43. Brittany says:

Juliet! Maggie is really beautiful, and she plays Juliet so perfectly.

44. Ben Charlson says:

Both great women & both absolutely beautiful…but I gotta go with Beckett slightly more due to the fact she has a little more sense of humor the Juliet. Juliet is a little too serious most of the time.

45. Ashley says:

Stana’s probably going to win (and I’m okay with that because I really like the character of Kate Beckett), but I had to vote for Maggie/Juliet. She’s great!

46. Sally says:

Not fair! I love the character of Jules, but even in the picture Becketts’ look says “Yeah, I got this.”

47. missdubie says:

I love me some Psych and Juliet is cute, but Katherine Beckett is such a BAMF and she’s super hot. True story.

48. John says:

Wait just a darn second? If Jules is on this bracket, how come Lassiter wasn’t on the Male bracket?

• Erin says:

Yes! I demand to know what in the name of sweet justice caused this gross oversight! Perhaps he was busy assassinating squirrels and could not be reached for permission. Or possibly playing skee ball. Likely at the shooting range.

49. GK says:

Kate is kickass, gorgeous, cool, yet deeply flawed. Don’t know who the other girl is, but I could die for Stana’s Beckett!

50. Michael says:

I don’t know who that dude is but im going with Psych’s Juliet