First Look: New Game of Thrones Teaser

It’s almost Game time!

HBO has released the following new teaser for the second season of Game of Thrones, which is set to premiere in April.

Titled “The Cold Winds Are Rising,” the clip made its debut Sunday night prior to the season finale of Boardwalk Empire.

Press play and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories!

Loading video...
TAGS: ,
GET MORE: First Look, Video

1. Haley says:

Okay, I love Game of Thrones, but that just wasn’t particularly exciting.

2. aleksa says:

I want to see a preview with the new characters.

3. Agustina says:

GAHH!!! I’m so psyched! Stannis is coming back and kicking butt! Tyrion as the Hand of the King?? Sansa looks so miserable =( April is sooo far away!

4. Jo says:

I have to wait until April!!!!

5. Moryssa says:

Staaaaaaannnnnissssss!!!!!
    My King!

(I agree that the trailer wasn’t particular exciting. It makes me, as a fan of the books who knows what to expect, squeal like a squealing thing, though. :D )

• AmandaW says:

Got goosebumps when I watched it. So freaking excited and cannot wait. On ‘Dance’ for the second time, just to feed my addiction. April is too long… :)

6. Jess says:

okay, i’m just going to copy my comment which i just posted at WiC. Didn’t realize tvline’s going to highlight this… THANKS!!
    ***
    so short! but it was great to see the old and new characters! i’m really pumped for April!

2 things:

1. no Bran, the only POV character from season 1 that didn’t get at least a flash on screen (besides Ed of course). Is Bran in this season? Is his story minimized or are the shots just not ready at this time?

2. i totally agree with those who say non-readers will probably be confused by this teaser. I watched all of s1 in one weekend so you’d think I would remember the mentions of Stannis, but umm… no. I barely remembered renley’s name (just referred to him as “the gay one”), i didn’t even fully realize he was Robert’s brother. *faceplant* yea, sorry but it’s the truth. The show had SO MANY CHARACTERS!!!! i mean, now i’ve read all 5 books, i know what’s going on, but i think this wasn’t a great teaser for non-readers.

7. Joe Black says:

It’s 5 books. The 3rd was split into 2 parts because is was too big to publish as one edition.

• DL says:

Actually, it’s the last two books, A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons, that were originally one book, until GRRM decided he had to split the POVs between the two different novels.
      The third book, A Storm of Swords, is as it was supposed to be, unless you’re referring to the UK version, in which the publisher decided to split ASoS into two parts, which had nothing to do with the author.
      But you are correct that it’s five books: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast For Crows, and A Dance With Dragons.

8. John says:

Looks Good, War is Awesome.

9. GK says:

Winter is finally truly coming!
    Still 4 long, hard months!

10. Kelly D says:

I suppose I speak out of ignorance, never having read the books. I really loved the show…..but was left a little confused and saddened. In the very first season, as soon as I was hooked, they killed off my two favorite characters, Khal Drogo (sexy on a stick) and Ned Stark (head on a stick), whom I assumed was the main character of the series. In terms of enjoying and understanding the series ONLY, should I read the books? Don’t want a “YES” just cuz they’re awesome. I’M sure they are.

• AmandaW says:

I greatly enjoy reading the books. I have read them all twice. If you are the type who wants to be surprised, then I say no. But if you are dying to know and have a vivid imagination, then yes. There is so much backstory, that the show just cannot put into film. My suggestion is to not get too attatched to characters. There really are no main characters, as you’ve learned from the Ned thing…it’s more of a point of view. Just like in real life, sometimes the bad guy wins. Although, I do have my favorites…Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Dany, Jorah(kind of torn), Ser Barristan Selmy and…hate to admit this, but I start feeling more sympathy toward Jamie and The Hound. I am glad I did…now I can follow the story lines better, because as the series goes on, there are going to be so many point of views.