First Look: New Game of Thrones Teaser

Get More: First Look, Video

It’s almost Game time!

HBO has released the following new teaser for the second season of Game of Thrones, which is set to premiere in April.

Titled “The Cold Winds Are Rising,” the clip made its debut Sunday night prior to the season finale of Boardwalk Empire.

Press play and then hit the comments with your thoughts/theories!

Loading video...

Comments (19)

• Okay, I love Game of Thrones, but that just wasn’t particularly exciting.

Comment by Haley – December 11, 2011 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want to see a preview with the new characters.

Comment by aleksa – December 11, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GAHH!!! I’m so psyched! Stannis is coming back and kicking butt! Tyrion as the Hand of the King?? Sansa looks so miserable =( April is sooo far away!

Comment by Agustina – December 11, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have to wait until April!!!!

Comment by Jo – December 11, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Staaaaaaannnnnissssss!!!!!
    My King!

(I agree that the trailer wasn’t particular exciting. It makes me, as a fan of the books who knows what to expect, squeal like a squealing thing, though. :D )

Comment by Moryssa – December 11, 2011 08:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Got goosebumps when I watched it. So freaking excited and cannot wait. On ‘Dance’ for the second time, just to feed my addiction. April is too long… :)

Comment by AmandaW – December 13, 2011 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    ***
    so short! but it was great to see the old and new characters! i’m really pumped for April!

2 things:

1. no Bran, the only POV character from season 1 that didn’t get at least a flash on screen (besides Ed of course). Is Bran in this season? Is his story minimized or are the shots just not ready at this time?

2. i totally agree with those who say non-readers will probably be confused by this teaser. I watched all of s1 in one weekend so you’d think I would remember the mentions of Stannis, but umm… no. I barely remembered renley’s name (just referred to him as “the gay one”), i didn’t even fully realize he was Robert’s brother. *faceplant* yea, sorry but it’s the truth. The show had SO MANY CHARACTERS!!!! i mean, now i’ve read all 5 books, i know what’s going on, but i think this wasn’t a great teaser for non-readers.

Comment by Jess – December 11, 2011 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • you mean…6 books?!

Comment by The Hoopsguru – December 11, 2011 09:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 6 books? What? I thought Dance with Dragons (book 5) was latest book?! Are you just fooling with us?

Comment by Daisy – December 12, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • There are only 5 books, thus far. Maybe in another 5-6 years, we can read the next one. :P

Comment by AmandaW – December 13, 2011 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ive only seen the show and i know who stannis is…

Comment by cj – December 11, 2011 10:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I knew who he was from just the first season, Ned talked about Stannis quite a lot towards the end after Robert died.

Comment by Emily – December 12, 2011 02:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Correct. Because Ned wanted to send a letter to Stannis, telling him that he needed to come to King’s Landing…to pretty much take what was rightfully his. Ned did so after he did a little detective work to prove that Joffrey was not Robert’s trueborn son.

Comment by AmandaW – December 13, 2011 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s 5 books. The 3rd was split into 2 parts because is was too big to publish as one edition.

Comment by Joe Black – December 12, 2011 03:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Actually, it’s the last two books, A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons, that were originally one book, until GRRM decided he had to split the POVs between the two different novels.
      The third book, A Storm of Swords, is as it was supposed to be, unless you’re referring to the UK version, in which the publisher decided to split ASoS into two parts, which had nothing to do with the author.
      But you are correct that it’s five books: A Game of Thrones, A Clash of Kings, A Storm of Swords, A Feast For Crows, and A Dance With Dragons.

Comment by DL – December 12, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks Good, War is Awesome.

Comment by John – December 12, 2011 04:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Winter is finally truly coming!
    Still 4 long, hard months!

Comment by GK – December 12, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I suppose I speak out of ignorance, never having read the books. I really loved the show…..but was left a little confused and saddened. In the very first season, as soon as I was hooked, they killed off my two favorite characters, Khal Drogo (sexy on a stick) and Ned Stark (head on a stick), whom I assumed was the main character of the series. In terms of enjoying and understanding the series ONLY, should I read the books? Don’t want a “YES” just cuz they’re awesome. I’M sure they are.

Comment by Kelly D – December 13, 2011 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I greatly enjoy reading the books. I have read them all twice. If you are the type who wants to be surprised, then I say no. But if you are dying to know and have a vivid imagination, then yes. There is so much backstory, that the show just cannot put into film. My suggestion is to not get too attatched to characters. There really are no main characters, as you’ve learned from the Ned thing…it’s more of a point of view. Just like in real life, sometimes the bad guy wins. Although, I do have my favorites…Jon, Arya, Tyrion, Dany, Jorah(kind of torn), Ser Barristan Selmy and…hate to admit this, but I start feeling more sympathy toward Jamie and The Hound. I am glad I did…now I can follow the story lines better, because as the series goes on, there are going to be so many point of views.

Comment by AmandaW – December 13, 2011 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post