Ratings: Frosty Wins Night, Chuck Warms Up

Frosty the Snowman gave all comers the big chill on a quiet Friday, topping the night in both total viewers (with 7.3 million) and in the 18-49 demo (scoring a 1.9).

All told, CBS (featuring four holiday specials and a Blue Bloods repeat) won the night in total audience and tied NBC for the demo win.

Of the scarce original scripted fare, Chuck drew 3.7 million total viewers — a season high — and a 1.0 rating, gaining 18 and 11 percent from its last fresh outing, while NBC’s Grimm (5.4 mil/1.6) was flat with its most recent Friday outing and up in total viewers from this Thursday’s special showing.

What were you watching this Friday night? And if you’re a Chuck fan, A) did the catch the other Community cameo? B) Were you disappointed that the “coming soon” promo spoiled what it did?

1. Technically, there were three Community cameos! Derek Mears (Casey’s prison antagonist) played Kickpuncher! And yeah, way to spoil ****’s return!

• Lindsey says:

I’m fine with it. But it was weird because I was wondering if we’d ever see that person again literally 30 seconds before the promo aired. No idea what made me think of him/her…

2. kevin says:

That picture says it all if only ratings for CHUCK proves it.

3. lolo says:

I thought the Community cameos on Chuck where awesome and the promo after, DOSE THAT MAN EVER DIE?

4. Samantha says:

I am disappointed by what the promo spoiled. The shock I felt watching the two seconds in the promo would have been insane during an episode, and they ruined that. But I guess it will get people to tune in two days before Christmas? Understand why they did it, but they ruined quite a twist!

• Shiva the Destroyer says:

Totally agree! I feel like they are trying to lure more viewers, but there is no point in luring more viewers, the show is ending and I would have preferred to have major surprises happen during the episodes not during the previews for the next one.

5. Rbrowb says:

The coming soon thing was a little to spoiler ish. But that doesn’t bother me. They have been hinting that something personal is going on. You can not make it more personal than that. I’m very surprised that it did not leak before last night.

6. Ella says:

They should have kept it a secret–because I was not expecting it. Didn’t the guy die already ;-) But I agree with the above commentor….it doesn’t get more personal than that for Chuck ;-)

7. Shaw Must Die says:

I was beyond pissed when I watched the promo and saw that hated face again. To top it all there is also a spoiler that he will be kissing Sarah in that episode. That just makes me want to puke. ARGHHHHHH!!

Why Fedak, whyyyyyyyy???

8. Kylie says:

Is Carrie Anne Moss done now? Or will she be back?

9. Don't worry about it says:

I watched Grimm. What a weird and awful show :(

• Rick says:

I don’t know why NBC picked it up for a full season! Its not a good show at all! But atleast, its a thousand times better than the other one they picked up – Whitney!

• Asha says:

I’ve tried watching Grimm twice. I have yet to make it through a full episode. It’s not very interesting, which is sad because it had such potential to be interesting! The concept is very interesting but it just always feels like the same old police procedural that’s been on a thousand times before.

• Leah says:

I actually saw 4 episodes before quitting it. Same old police procedural, but with supernatural beings who are somehow lame. And the lead is awful. He’s so uncharismatic even though he is eye candy. I am waiting for my Fringe and Supernatural to return now. Hellatus sucks :/

10. Michael says:

So did they show her Breast or were they cover up and where can I watch it

11. DN says:

Measure “Chuck’s” ratings against the top shows on basic cable. The show would never have been a ‘bubble’ show if it aired on the USA network, for example

• Lindsey says:

I’ve always thought Chuck would be better on USA. It fits so much better with the “character” shows they have on there anyway. There’s not really a good match for it on NBC. With its Monday night competition, it never really had a chance, and I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did.

12. amy says:

I watched Chuck last night only b/c of Danny Pudi, and the episode was so bad I’m sorry I tuned in. DP deserves better than a cameo on an unfunny show while his brillant show is going into hiatus.

13. bk8718 says:

Am I the only one who thought of Stargate’s 200th Episode when watching the promo?
    “I don’t think anyone will see that coming!”
    “Nope, there will be spoilers.”
    “Are you kidding? It’ll be in the commercial.”

14. madde says:

this weeks episode of CHUCK was great!! so fun

15. torontogirl98 says:

It was totally the Community fans who came out to support Danny, gotta love all the Community love, Six seasons and a movie!

16. Josh says:

Yeah Amy tell me why chuck has been on for five years and Community is struggling? Yes Chuck is ending but Community might not make it that long i find both shows good but i prefer Big Bang theory which is slaughtering Community

• Kelly says:

I love Chuck, but it has not been the same for awhile.They have tried sooo hard to , what the show runners say make Sarah into a real gurl and Casey into a person, but I say NOOO!!
      Sarah and Casey have become too emotional. The old Sarah would now kick her own ass! Last weeks episode of her wanting a Real friend was soo out of character and desparate, that I did not even recognize her.Casey has been more emotional but not nearly as out of character as Sarah. If Chuck loved Sarah soo much before WHY is he always trying to change her?Why is she letting him and if he did loved the old Sarah, why oh why is he not satisfied letting her be HER and not the married doll she is becoming. The old team was better too.To make Chuck look like the leader and the master mind, they have severly dumbed down Sarah and Casey.Casey has been a spy for 20-30 years and Srah at least 5 or more, why is it Chuck has to always be the one to come up with solutions or plans? I am sure Casey has seen and done it all and has much morte experience and Sarah and they can not figure anything out without Chuck???

17. Sean says:

Glad to hear that Grimm didn’t take a dip in the ratings. Each episode gets better and better.