NCIS: LA's Kensi Vs. NCIS' Ziva as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Rages On!

Day 2, Round 3 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament won’t be an easy one for fans of CBS’ NCIS franchise.

The X-Files’ Scully Vs. Fringe’s Olivia as ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Round 3 Begins!

Indeed, we’ve got a tough battle brewing between NCIS:LA’s Kensi Blye and NCIS’ Ziva David. And, of course, in the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, two crime-fighters will enter, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Bones and Isles Geeks Clash, Unforgettable and SVU Stars Collide in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. silencero says:

Love both characters!!! Voted for Ziva.

• Nubie says:

*Sigh!* Me too hun, but as you know…when it comes down times like this…we have to do what we have to do. There can only be one.

I’m sort of Glad Fiona is gone, cuz Fiona/Ziva or Fiona/Kensi would have been tough for me too

• NCIS fan says:

Kensi is a terrific character and I like her, but ever since Ziva flung a well-aimed knife to nail the baddie in the “Silver Star” episode, it’s been love!

• Nubie says:

Well said, NCIS fan. Actually the episode you refer to was entitled, “Silver War”, but close enough!! I agree with you – Ziva got the baddie & showed that she was definitely legit. That is one of the better eps from S3.

2. lovencis says:

GO Ziva!!!!!!!

3. sk says:

Why do they keep pitting NCIS characters against each other in earlier rounds? This is the same thing that happened with DiNozzo and Gibbs. That being said, wouldn’t it be nice if Ziva won the whole thing and then Tony and Ziva are the winners of the “crushables” contests? HA!!!

4. Cindy says:

ZIVA ZIVA ZIVA ZIVA ZIVA ZIVA. She’s the best!

5. JC says:

Definitely Kensi for me, no question.

6. editor NCIS says:

Well 2 beautiful NCIS gals…but beautiful ZIVA gets my vote every time…

7. James says:

This shouldn’t be a contest, but I’d take Kensi any day. Ziva is just too plain for me.

• Tegan says:

Ziva…. plain… those two words should never be used in the same sentence. xD

Daniela Ruah (Kensi) I find a very generic beauty. Gorgeous, though not anywhere near unique.

Cote de Pablo (Ziva) however, is beautiful and exotic and just absolutely stunning.

I’m not hating on anyone, they’re both gorgeous but I find calling Ziva plain just crazy! xD

8. DL says:

Kensi wins for me. Better Kensi picture, please!

• JC says:

I was thinking that myself – I’ve seen much more flattering pictures of Kensi/Daniela.

• I wonder says:

Sometimes I think they use bad pics vs good pics to “manipulate” the mind and possibly results…. bad pick of Castle – look at some others…

• wondering as well says:

think you may have hit the nail on the head here…the first picture of Ziva wasn’t that flattering. It’s been replaced with one that showcases the actress’s beauty & heritage. It does indeed look like the fix is in here.

• Lilly says:

What a lame excuse to justify that your favorite is not winning.
          This picture of Kensi was also used against Van Pelt (not only the actress but also the picture was way more beautiful) yet she won.
          And I disagree also about the picture used for Ziva (Cote de Pablo). This second picture doesn’t show at all her heritage, the first one did, but in this one she looks very american. They always used 2 different pictures, nothing new, they also used 2 for Kensi. Now I don’t think that anyone cares about pictures anyway. They know the person they are voting for, no need for pictures. We can tell by the comments. Kensi is losing because Ziva is way more crushable and the actress is one of the most gorgeous woman on tv.

9. Ashley says:

Oh, tough one! Both these ladies are great, but my vote goes to Kensi.

10. Nicotine says:

IMPOSSIBLE!!! I love ‘em both so much. In the end, I have to go with Kenzi because she has the better body and gorgeous eyes. But, it’s only by THAT much.

11. Terry says:

This is a little tough but Ziva is the winner.

12. Carmichael says:

Don’t watch either show but I’ll be voting for Ziva till she’s up against Sarah Walker. The woman is just bloody gorgeous

13. Katy says:

I love both characters but in a more crushable comp – Kensi wins hands down. my bf thinks she should win the whole thing, he’s totally in love with her. ziva is great, but i just dont think shes very crush worthy. obv this is just my opinion, and i knw there are a lot of people out there who like her, but i do not think she should get to the final, there are a LOT more crushable women in this comp.

14. Amber says:

You are stupid and no nothing about acting or beautiful if you don’t vote for Ziva. NCIS>NCIS:LA Honestly, who are these idiots voting for Kensi!!

• Jaidy says:

Listen, I am a full on die-hard Ziva lover, but that is just rude.

• Really?? says:

I love NCIS and Ziva as much as you do, but you can’t go around saying that sort of stuff. No wonder the anti-Ziva people attack you all so much. . .

• Gemma says:

Boy-o-boy! I’ve heard these Ziva fans are a rude bunch to anyone who doesn’t love the amazing Ziva – but this is beyond rude. I’m voting for Kensi because she’s gorgeous and a great character. Love NCIS:LA! OK?

• Katmandu says:

Oh please, you are obviously a hater trying to start some crap. We see thru you.

I love Kensi & Ziva. Just happens that I love Ziva more.

• double sigh says:

Now that’s just too funny! Not sure why the need to blame a different group for antics of a ziva fan but not really surprised at the attempt

• Svenja says:

It’s not ok to say such a thing. Everyone has their own preferences. People who vote for Kensi aren’t stupid or idiots. They are just more into another character. I would vote for Kensi, if she were up against some other girl here…
      But Ziva is my girl, so I can’t.
      Some people prefer NCIS LA or Kensi. That has nothing to do with stupidity.

• Tegan says:

Okay I’m an insane Ziva lover as well, but that was unnecessary and uncalled for.

• Amadeu says:

You’re the idiot one. pleeeease! grow up!

• Katy says:

Amber – who the heck are you to call anyone stupid??? The only thing stupid here is your post!!!!!! If you read what I wrote, i even put that this is obviously only MY OPINION!! Which I am more than entitled to have and to share, and which I even apologised for, as I knew it would not be a popular one on here. I like Ziva and I watch BOTH NCIS AND NCIS:LA, I have been a loyal fan since day one of NCIS but Ziva could never hold a torch to Kate IN MY OPINION!! Kensi is a much more rounded character IN MY OPINION, she is warm hearted, funny and eccentric and she has so much chemistry with all the rest of the cast. I LOVE NCIS and have done for, what, 9 years, but I think Kensi is much sexier than Ziva, who does nothing for me or my bf. I accept that other people may not agree with me, which is why I put in MY OPINION. I am neither stupid nor an idiot and fyi I am currently studying for a degree in Cultural studies – which makes me a damn sight more qualified than you to make observations on TV shows and what is considered beautiful, both of which are things my course covers. I reiterate what i have already said – I LOVE the character of Ziva, she is kick a$$, funny and downright cool at times, but she does not show much sensativity and is very closed and has been secretive in teh past, and the way she treats Tony can be harsh and cold – IN MY OPNION>? I actually support their relationship, but there have been times when she has been very nasty to him, while Kensi is nasty to Deeks, but always with a smile on her face anda laugh in her eye. Plus teh sexual tension between her and Deeks makes Tony and Ziva look Artic in comparison. But, again, this is a crushworthy competition and IN MY OPINION she isn’t. I’m sorry if my opnion isn’t popular and isn’t agreed with by a large portion of TV Line readers. However, to be called STUPID and IDIOTIC is downright rude and childish. I do not critize people for not voting the same way as I do and I shouldn’t except to be critized for the way I vote – especially as Ziva is kciking Kensi’s a$$ anyway so all in all my opnion and vote don’t matter all that much in the grand scheme of things. Sorry for such a long post, but seeing that derisive comment made my blood boil!

• LOL says:

Not to be insensitive, but I really laughed hard when I read your comment. I don’t watch either show, but you just reminded me of this judge in “The Good Wife” who favors lawyers who add “IN MY OPINION” after their arguments. Hahaha!

• Katy says:

Haha no insensativity here, glad i made you laugh with my somewhat over the top diatribe!! I have never watched the good wife, but i did realise i may have over used in my opinion once i had posted!! ;)

• Barbie says:

Seriously??? You’re so conceited that you believe what you study in college or University or whatever makes you more qualified than someone else to tell what beauty is? There’s no Cultural studies in the world that makes someone’s OPINION, especially on something as particular as beauty, righter than someone’s else, sugar. And, if you believe that, you’re truly an arrogant person.

I’m not saying this because I like Ziva more than Kensi. I voted for Ziva yesterday, and for Kensi today. One for each. I like them in completely different ways. I just think you should watch yourself, too.

• Nina says:

To Amber: GROW UP!!

To Katy:
        There is one thing I feel the need to comment on:
        You say that Ziva is not as good as Kate, but you also criticize that she treats Tony too harsh?
        Thinking about it I cannot spontaneously recall even one positive thing Kate ever said to or about Tony, she was being a complete witch (insert other word here) to him all the time, because she just thought that he was a dog, whereas Ziva really sees all the positive qualities in him and very often she shows that she really cares about him.
        So I cannot agree that Ziva is cold and harsh in terms of how she treats Tony, at least not any colder or harsher than Kate.

MY OPINION! ;)

• Barbie says:

And, to you people, why are you always so hung up in characters that started on the show? Honestly, Kate? Back then, I really liked her. I liked Sasha Alexander from the time I was a pre teen and she was Pacey’s big sister in Dawson’s Creek. But Ziva’s a million times more entertaining, funnier, tougher than she is. And, when Kate’s sister showed up, everyone in my home was like, “Ohhh, there was Kate…” We totally forgot she even existed. Just not memorable enough.

FYI, Sasha Alexander is KILLING IT as Maura Isles. It worked better for everyone in the end…

• Kate Always!!!!!! says:

To Barbie.

*We totally forgot she even existed. Just not memorable enough.*

NO, some people will never forget Kate! Many of us still miss her. Will always miss her.

• Lyss says:

I’ll always remember and love Kate, but in the end Ziva is still my favorite character with Kate lagging slightly behind. Now if there was a Maura vs. Ziva poll (facing off as their respective characters not past one in Maura case) I’d have a very hard time choosing. But there’s always a bit of Kate in the show, even with the fact that he let Ziva in so quickly. Not just because of the whole Ari thing but because he grew to love Kate he let his heart be open to more women than his red heads and Abby.

15. Audrey says:

I love Ziva and my vote is for her…but is a shame to read such a insulting Kensi”s voters fans comment. I am sure that is. not coming from any Tiva or Ziva fans. At least not real one…

• Stephanie says:

my thoughts exactly. sure looks like a troll.

• estefania says:

maybe those people are anti.ziv and they are saying ziva fans for discrediting to ziva fans and put kensi fans against ziva fans…kensi is so nice ..but I love ziva and I am huge fan of her and I am very respectful with fans of another character

16. Michael says:

Kensi wins for me I mean she AN angel

17. Emily says:

Ziva all the way! Kensi wishes she was mossad assassin awesome!

18. NoChance says:

Kensi – she’s the whole package. Kick a$$. Beautiful. Great body. Sassy but kind. Smart.

19. Christine says:

So at the very end it will be Ziva Vs Abby? WTH?

• Sandra says:

Unlikely. It think it will be Kate Beckett vs Sydney Bristow/Sarah Walker. Calling it right now. You can quote me then.

• JC says:

I love Abby, don’t get me wrong, but for that to happen she would have to make it past Temperance Brennan and most likely Dana Scully and Kate Beckett. I don’t see that happening.

It also assumes Ziva can make it past Sarah Walker (assuming Sarah beats Sydney). That’s a hard one to call – Ziva has a passionate fanbase but Yvonne is one of the most gorgeous women in TV right now.

20. Robin says:

Go Ziva! Kensi’s okay too, but Ziva kicks serious a$$.

21. Adriana says:

I love Kensi ! It’s not fair…But ZIva of course better IMO !

22. Kate says:

I have tried so many times to like NCIS LA but its nout on the original, that being said i prefer Ziva to care!!!

23. Kytivafan says:

Ziva. Totally.

24. Trish says:

Love Ziva. Beautiful, smart, amazing

25. Jan says:

Both are beautiful. But Ziva has that little extra zing. Ziva!

26. Dean says:

Ziva is most crushable.

Kensi is hot, but Ziva is beautiful.

27. Zoya says:

Definitely Ziva, even though I’m a fan of both characters & shows, Ziva is my fave. I do hope Ziva wins because then NCIS would have the most crushable law enforcement team.

28. Jeremy says:

No contest. Ziva.

29. HugsTony says:

Aren’t they basically the same character?

30. Pola says:

Ziva all the way!!!!! Go Ziva!

31. maggie says:

Easy choice for me – Kensi is ok but it’s Ziva all the way.

32. lexi says:

i swear to god tvline wants kensi to lose
    that is the most unflattering pic og daniella
    cmon tvline

• Lola says:

Oh I know! She is much more “crushable” when you see her in action on the show! Did you notice that they changed CdP’s picture to one that *doesn’t* emphasise her prominent widows peak?

• lexi says:

so true they aare rigging it
        anyway ncis la is one of the most ignored shows on this site and now this bias first no deeks in the bracket and this with kensi :(
        you suck tvline

• Steven says:

I happen to find her widows peak incredibly sexy.

• Densifan says:

Real fans know how hot Kensi is and the casual ” don’t know these women, but I am voting for the picture of the prettiest one” is gonna be few.

• Amadeu says:

Yes, but pleaaase, Daniela Ruah is more beautiful than that pictures. I’m affraid Ziva will win this, but Kensi is the law enforcement goddess, and it’s unfair if she loses already.

*Mad*

• Amadeu says:

Oh please, stop with the ‘copy cat’ talk! Kensi is kensi, ziva is ziva, NCIS LA is not NCIS, not a copy, it’s a spin-off, like many shows have. One isn’t another. They are both gorgeous and kick ass.

But my vote IS Kensi, Daniela Ruah does an amazing job with Kensi, she’s beautiful, and she deserves this.

But Ziva will win. NCIS fans > NCIS LA fans so…

• Svenja says:

ITA with you Amadeu. I do love NCIS more than NCIS LA, so my vote goes to Ziva, but if Kensi were up against someone else, I’d totally vote for Kensi. She’s great

• Kytivafan says:

I love Kensi and I think she is beautiful, but my heart belongs to the incredible Ziva. Against anyone else, Kensi would have my vote, but it’s Ziva all the way for me.

• NCIS says:

Yes, I agree that Kate Beckett will win. She’s absolutely gorgeous and a far superior character. Is Stana asking her fans for help on Twitter? Good. Loved the little competition between Nathan and Michael. Funny Svenja, why didn’t you join the Twitter hashtag campaign for NCIS and People’s Choice? You’re quite a cheerleader for Ziva and the other thing.

• GK says:

Yeah, I just voted for the chick on the right. She looked hotter.

33. Bob says:

I love both shows but Kensi is SMOKING HOT, I really hope that she can move on to the next round.

34. sharon says:

ZIVA IS THE BEST!!!!

35. Krissi G says:

In the final round I believe it’s gonna be Kate Beckett v Ziva David. Who’s with me?

36. rita says:

Who. Bloody. Cares.
    I get so excited when you put out a new article because you’re an awesome writer, but now every third article is this bracket crap.
    These women are placed on a bracket by no coherent organization and objectified by faceless internet users. That is the epitome of quality journalism, Slezak. Let’s get back to real writing, if you don’t mind.

37. Svenja says:

Uhhh this is difficult to me.

But Ziva will always be my number one, although Kensi is pretty crushable and sweet, too.
    LOVE both characters.
    Still… GO Ziva :)

38. Ben says:

Not a hard choice at all for me. Ziva FTW!

39. Maaike says:

Ziva (; ofcourse!

40. kensi is pretty but ziva is gorgeous! i’m going to marry this woman someday. *goes back to sleep to dream some more* :P

41. Gibbs'_coffee says:

mmh let’s see, the original kick-a*s ninja vs the cheap copy… ZIVA all the way, of course :)

42. Danno says:

No contest. Ziva.

43. Mark says:

Neither one really does it for me. Ziva is just okay, Kensi has a nice body but I can’t get past her wonky eye. Sorry, it’s true.

Sitting this round out & waiting for Kate Beckett.

• Svenja says:

I predict Kate Beckett will win this anyway. So don’t worry pal. (Just a prediction… Stana is great, there are a lot of Castle fans online AND she has a Twitter account to reach out to all of her fans..)
      I hope Ziva will make it. She’s my girl, but I doubt she’ll win (but maybe she will make it to the finals :).. that is a win, too.)
      I love Kate Beckett, so I wouldn’t mind her winning :)

• GK says:

Stana is so unreal and real at the same time (I know! Doesn’t make sense to me either!) I swear she is an angel <3 Gonna have to make her win. I love her with my whole heart.

44. Michael says:

If Ziva win its only so TIVA can see her rape tony again

45. Lexi says:

No question about this! Zivaaaaa!!!!!! :} I like Kensi but Ziva is way more awesome and kick ass. I mean Kensi doesn’t know how to kill someone 18 different with ways with a paperclip. Ziva will always be my favorite little Israeli ninja! And I don’t believe that Kensi will ever have as many fans as Ziva just because NCIS: La is really just a copy of NCIS. NCIS is the original and will always have more fans. Kensi is the copy, Ziva is the Original. Like I said I love and I am a big fan of Kensi but it’s true. I am a huge major obsessed fan of Ziva!!

46. Pepper says:

You know how much I used to love Ziva? She was like an idol to me. And then she became this doe-eyed softie who falls for Tony? I’ll never forgive the writers. My Ziva is a strong woman, she can’t be attracted to a whimp like Tony! (Who is attractive, no argument about that, but he’s just slimy.)
    I hope Kensi’s gonna stay kick-ass.

• My name. says:

Hate to break it to you, but she won’t stay kick ass. Not if Shane Brennan has anything to do with it. He ruined Ziva’s character for a little while there (though I love Ziva no matter what) it’s true. Then he went away to NCIS LA and left everybody else to clean up his mess.
      Sorry, but it’s true.