TVLine Items: Nate Berkus Show Ending, Vampire Diaries Finds 2 New Originals and More!
Sony and Harpo, the studios behind the syndicated series, announced Friday that they have decided not to renew the Oprah offshoot beyond this season, the show’s second, Broadcasting & Cable reports.
“I’m incredibly proud of my hard working and talented staff, and proud of the show we were able to produce every day,” Berkus said in a statement.
The Nate Berkus Show remains in production and will deliver all remaining Season 2 episodes.
This marks Oprah Winfrey’s first syndicated misfire, following the successful launches of Dr. Phil, the Rachael Ray Show and The Dr. Oz Show.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• The Vampire Diaries is rounding out its Originals. Australian actor Nathaniel Buzolic (Out of the Blue) and Britain’s own Caspar Zafer (La Femme Muskateer) have landed recurring gigs on the CW drama, playing Klaus’ brothers Kol and Finn, respectively, TVGuide.com reports.
• Denis O’Hare (American Horror Story) will reprise his role as the liberal Judge Abernathy on an upcoming episode of The Good Wife, per TVGuide.com.
• Following last night’s holiday-themed Office prank-off, NBC has compiled a video of Dwight and Jim’s greatest Dunder Mifflin gags. Take a look at the fun below.
• Kevin Pollak has landed a guest spot in the Jan. 11 installment of Law & Order: SVU, TVGuide.com reports. He will play a judge who finds himself in trouble with the law.
• USA Network has pushed back the series premiere of Common Law to the summer, in the wake of testing that confirms its strength as a summertime action-comedy.
• Lifetime has given the green light to a modern-day remake of the 1980s hit, Blue Lagoon, Deadline reports.
• Richard Dreyfuss (Parenthood), James Woods (Shark), Geena Davis (Commander in Chief), Ellen Burstyn (Big Love), Lauren Ambrose (Six Feet Under), and Steven Pasquale (Rescue Me) will star in Coma, A&E’s four-hour miniseries based on the Robin Cook novel of the same name. The thriller — which is set to premiere Memorial Day 2012 — is about a doctor who discovers sinister things happening in his hospital after healthy patients begin to fall into comas.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?