The X-Files' Scully Vs. Fringe's Olivia as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Round 3 Begins!

Round 3 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament begins with a matchup that’s sure to induce headaches in fans of the sci-fi genre.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Round 2 Ends With Criminal Minds-Off, Intra-Nikita Showdown!

Indeed, we’ve got a tough battle for supremacy betweem The X Files‘ Dana Scully and Fringe‘s Olivia Dunham.

And, of course, in the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, two crime-fighters will enter, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Bones and Isles Geeks Clash, Unforgettable and SVU Stars Collide in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

Comments (405)

• I vote Scully!!!

Comment by Melissa – December 10, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am going to have to go Scully on this one folks.

Comment by AM – December 10, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • X-Files is the reason shows like Supernatural and Fringe were allowed to be introduced to the public for consumption. Gillian Anderson is HOT (especially in the later seasons!!!). As much as I love Frige, I’ve got to go with Scully on this one.

Comment by Jen – December 10, 2011 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What would the world be like without Dana Scully? Scully all the way!!!

She is beautiful inside and out.

Comment by mary – December 10, 2011 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s no question. Fringe is just a bad knock off of The X-Files. And Scully is my hero.

Comment by Niki – December 10, 2011 05:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Calling fringe “BAD” just kicked your butt out of two universes.

Comment by Brad – December 11, 2011 02:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bad and Fringe don’t belong in the same sentence!!

Comment by Leah – December 11, 2011 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gillian Anderson…the woman every guy wanted to be with and every woman wanted to look like during the 90s. The most beautiful, and well developed female character portrayed on television EVER. Gillian played her so convincingly she pretty much separated Agent Scully from herself. As a devoted fan of the show I still find it hard to believe she isn’t still out there somewhere. And though I do enjoy Gillian the actress it causes great confusion to my senses at times to see her in other roles,especially as a blonde! lol so yeah SCULLY FOREVER!

Comment by Jaclyn – December 10, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, see its a 90′s thing. Its old, and so is she. Olivia will always be hotter and more awesome than Scully ever was!

Comment by Brad – December 11, 2011 02:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You do realize that everything ages, including Olivia?

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • God!! not another moron… Did you ever realized that without X-Files you wouldn’t have ever seen Fringe?? Or your remaining neurone hasn’t made sinapsis yet?

Comment by Lorraine – December 11, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not really true. Abrams would have created all his brilliant shows somehow even without The X-Files and it would be as, if not more popular as they are now. He is a genius. I love Scully & Olivia, but have to agree that Olivia is more crushable.

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Explain to me how the X-Files existing diminishes Fringe’s popularity. It should actually work in their favor rather than against. I haven’t met one person who said they won’t watch the show because the X-Files exists, but rather, gave it a chance based on that. Tell me why the first season of Fringe has higher ratings than the following seasons. When the X-Files was out they either peaked in season 4, which Fringe is in now, or season 5.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 11:33 AM PDT
          • Read it again, I never said it hurt the show. I said “ABRAMS WOULD HAVE CREATED THE SHOWS EVEN WITHOUT X-FILES AND IT WOULD STILL BE POPULAR”. You can’t read or something? You’re taking this somewhere else.
            The network is what is hurting the show. They moved it from a slot which had 8-12 million fans, to a Friday death slot so early on and erratic scheduling didn’t help its cause either. Again, why are you constantly talking about the show, rather than telling whether you would jump Scully or Olivia! lol!

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 11:44 AM PDT
          • James, considering that just about every show he has is inspired by the X-Files in some way, your point is invalid. Even Alias had X-Files overtones. I don’t see how they could be more popular if you take out one of the inspirations. Also, just so you know, the friday night dead slot has been around since the 70/80′s and the X-Files was originally there and still excelled before being moved<–another invalid point.

But, Scully is more crushable to answer your question.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 12:02 PM PDT
          • No. JJ Abrams real inspirations were Steven Spielberg and all those 60′s, 70′s, 80′s sci-fi and adventure movies – so you have the invalid point there. Death slot in the 70′s, 80′s and 90′s weren’t anywhere near as competitive as it is now. Olivia > Scully!

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 12:06 PM PDT
          • Excuses, excuses. Explain to me why it took so long for JJ take make the series. Whether or not his real inspirations came from SS, he still was inspired by TXF in some way. Not only that, a death slot is a slot. FOX and co. was so sure the X-Files wasn’t going to make it that they gave them half a season, in which they’ve had 9 seasons, two movies, multiple games, action figures, books/essays/comics written on and about them, and so on. Point being, a show can defy the odds. Just explain to me why Fringe’s ratings are decreasing rather than increasing.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 12:24 PM PDT
  • Sorry Fringe fans, but without a Dana Scully there would be no Olivia Dunham. Simple as that.

Comment by Tocarra – December 10, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL! That’s not even relevant.

Comment by Cortexifan – December 11, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully!

Comment by Mileyah – December 10, 2011 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully all the way!!!!! There is NO doubt about that. Yes the others are good but I won’t spend my money to buy the seasons like I would for The X-Files.

Comment by Lindsay – December 10, 2011 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully; absolutely 100% no contest at all. She’s beautiful, intelligent, strong, and all around a great character.

Comment by Serenyty – December 10, 2011 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully forever!!

Comment by tahina – December 10, 2011 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • omg why is Dana even relevant. That show ended almost a decade ago.

Comment by srsly it's time to let new leads shine – December 10, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your argument doesn’t make any sense. Scully is relevant because she helped pave the way for the present women on TV. In turn, that helped Olivia become a character.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 02:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you!! These people want to crush over a grandma! Morons!

Comment by Brad – December 11, 2011 03:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Well, “Grandma” is still hotter than Anna. God, both of you sound like tweens.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 05:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Well, now we know both of your ages, I guess! Lol!

Comment by Oo – December 11, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Scully transcends time, genre, and expectations.

Comment by obtrdcta – December 10, 2011 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully rocks! Gillian Anderson is a pretty lady.

Comment by Alicia – December 10, 2011 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SCULLY!

Comment by Olivia – December 10, 2011 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um…because, Dana never existed, neither would your Fringe girl. Dana Scully set the standard….and the bar…

Comment by goody – December 10, 2011 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Olivia Dunham! Come on fringies, we gotta win this!

Comment by Janelle – December 10, 2011 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Come on Fringe fans! Vote for Olivia!

Comment by Brad – December 11, 2011 03:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would have thought that most X-Files fans could appreciate Fringe being on, but apparently not. The two shows are similar, but also very different especially after establishing that Fringe deals with science while the X-Files deals with the paranormal. The characters are different, the story is different, so I don’t see why people are being so reductive when they say Fringe is a knock-off of the X-Files. If you think Gillian is more crushable than Anna, that’s fine, but Fringe has become a critically adored show by its own right.

Comment by RKron – December 10, 2011 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So well said. Apparently some X-Files fans did not watch the show completely, have never watched Fringe or just cannot seem to get the fact that these shows are very different in so many ways. Their argument has no merit and sounds like a broken record. You’d hope they would have something constructive to say, but this is all they have. I watched X-Files (loved it), watching Fringe now and can totally see the difference in both shows. Sad that “some” can’t.

Comment by Amy – December 11, 2011 01:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly! X-Files was good for its time, but compared to Fringe, it sucks! And Gillian is nowhere near as crush worthy as Anna. They both wear man pants or whatever, but Anna is just too hot in them.

Comment by Brad – December 11, 2011 03:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • yes i agree brad,anna is too hot in the man pants,especially as fauxlivia :)

Comment by JM – December 11, 2011 05:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Now that is blasphemous. “It was good for it’s time”, the X-Files does laps around Fringe all day and still doesn’t get tiresome. While Fringe’s ratings have been decreasing by the fourth season, the X-Files increased. Gillian is totally crush worthy and with reason. TXF has inspired and continues to inspire many shows, characters, and everyday people. Tell me how many people have written Anna about helping them get through cancer–NONE! No one can relate to an alternate reality. Gillian got respect from not only fans and critics, but awards ceremonies as well. Considering how Sci-Fi does at awards and to have her get an Emmy makes your argument invalid.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Um, that’s because there wasn’t much of a challenge to X-Files from other network shows. It was the only one of its kind when it started. Aliens and stuff. Imo, both are awesome. But Anna really does deserve some Emmy love. She’s fantastic and is like Scully in so many ways, but better.

Comment by Jess – December 11, 2011 07:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Oh and also, not many strong female characters who stood out from the norm back in the day. So, keeping in mind all that, I think Olivia is much more awesome and crushable.

Comment by Jess – December 11, 2011 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Here’s the difference between GA and AT–GA made the Emmy committee nominate her through performance. They couldn’t deny her talent. Not saying that AT doesn’t deserve love, but that GA was undeniably better. The argument of not having many strong women isn’t grounds for why Scully is better, in my opinion at least. Or that it was one of kind for it’s day, that actually re-enforces my argument. The fact the viewers were willing to embrace a strong, intelligent female in a show about the paranormal speaks volumes. They could have easily have failed as the succeeded, but they didn’t. One of the reasons Fringe has succeeded is in part due to Scully and the X-Files. Viewers saw that something like that could succeed. Not only that, they still have competition in a general since. They didn’t succeed primarily for being one of a kind. And again, Sci-Fi doesn’t get the respect, so…you can like Olivia, but don’t try to undermine another show to prove your point.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 09:49 AM PDT
        • Okay, I’m going to deconstruct your comment here. You first start out with an opinion, which I will not argue over because you are entitled to think one show is better than another (so long as you actually watch both shows). Secondly, ratings have nothing to do with a show’s quality. Most of America watches 2 and a Half Men and Glee, does that mean these two shows are the top tier that all other shows should strive to be? Gawd no! Next you move on to the show, not the person. The X-Files may be inspiring, and Fringe creators have admitted that The X-Files as ONE of the shows that inspired them, but what does this have to do with crush-worthiness? Finally, Anna may not have been written with cancer, but that still has nothing to do with being crushable!

Comment by RKron – December 11, 2011 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Excellent point RKron.

Comment by panda – December 11, 2011 10:56 AM PDT
          • Totally agree with you RKron, Amy, Jess and Brad. Fringe & Olivia ftw.

Comment by Cortexifan – December 11, 2011 11:20 AM PDT
          • Rkron, I understand your point, but read the conversation and see that that wasn’t my immediate response. What was I responding to? Find that out first before you comment on what I say. Then onto the show, if you’ve read the whole thread, fans have been saying that the X-Files existence has no bearing on Fringe’s existence, which as you have commented is false. Did I say that she show sucked? No. Let me see you respond to the other people saying Olivia is better than Scully because she was in two realities–how is that crush-worthy? The reason Scully having cancer and fighting through it makes her crush worthy personality wise, because crush doesn’t always pertain to looks, is that it shows she’s not a quitter and will fight to the end. But, even without rating (not necessarily comparing Fringe)The X-Files was still a quality show. It wrote the character as adults with flaws and not sexualized to get viewers and asked difficult question–well written most importantly.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 11:40 AM PDT
          • Fringe asks even more difficult questions, never sexualized its characters either. Yes, you have said the show and the lead character sucked, in your own way in other comments. Watch the season 2 episode – “PETER” – one of the best episodes in sci-fi history. And if you want, watch episode 7 in season 4 – “Wallflower” – I really recommend this since it doesn’t deal with the main arc, per se. A nobody, a common man who has no bearing on any of the main characters will make you cry your heart out. That’s the complexity of the writing on the show which makes you fall in love with, relate to and be compassionate towards all of its characters.

PS: “The most beautiful” scene. Dammmit, that really made me tear up and I don’t do tears!!

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 11:53 AM PDT
          • James, don’t put words in my mouth. We can agree to disagree on which show is better and asks more difficult questions. But, my response is in response to someone trying to undermine that X-Files’ impact. I started watching the show after it was canceled, so that point is invalid–not yours, but the other person’s.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 12:06 PM PDT
    • I’m an hardcore Phile and I like Fringe. I can see the similarities and the differences between the two shows. Dana Scully is still so relevant. Although I really like Ms. Dunham, she hasn’t reached Dana Scully material yet. So yeah, I vote Scully. But I hope Fringe lasts many years.

Comment by Jolie – December 11, 2011 03:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It works both ways, bud. There are many Fringe fans who are commenting who are dismissing The X-Files outright because it is “old” and “ended a decade ago”. Seems neither group can appreciate the other. I am a huge fan of both shows; I adore both Scully and Olivia, but in my opinion, Scully set the standard and the bar. She will always be my favourite female TV character.

Comment by Mcat – December 11, 2011 08:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yea…Scully set the standard, but X-Files got enough recognition and then some. So, I’m going with Olivia and my Fringe world.

Comment by Jon – December 10, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It doesn’t matter who came first or who set what standard. Scully is better. Enough said.

Comment by Shmallows – December 10, 2011 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely Olivia from Fringe!!!

Comment by Hope – December 10, 2011 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully in every single way. Beauty, smarts, courage, you name it. I will always love Gillian Anderson for her wonderful portrayal of Dana Scully.

Comment by Sam – December 11, 2011 12:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s Anna for me. From playing the two versions of Olivia, to the William Bell persona, she has rocked Fringe and got better and better as each season has gone on. She’s an amazing actress and the reason I make a point to watch Fringe live each week they have new episodes.

Comment by Amy – December 11, 2011 01:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Anna is amazing. Her Emmy award is long due! Take note Emmy!! You suck!

Comment by Brad – December 11, 2011 03:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully all the way. The X-files is an epic show and the characters of both Scully and Mulder are amazing and great fun to watch.

Comment by AUST – December 11, 2011 03:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully was just purely awesome. No contest, really.

Comment by leanne – December 11, 2011 04:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still love Scully but Olivia gets my vote for this round.

Comment by Hanna – December 11, 2011 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully > every other character on TV. A very complex character, beautifully played by Gillian Anderson, who is a fantastic, if underrated actress. No contest, really.

Comment by Rob – December 11, 2011 04:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully is frekkin hot. How anyone fails to see that is beyond my comprehension. Besides, she’s also one of the most multidimensional characters that has ever graced our TV screens. So, yeah, I’d take Scully any day of the week, all day long. Easily.

Comment by Kuk – December 11, 2011 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Scully always!!!!

Comment by William – December 11, 2011 05:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully hands down.

Comment by ben – December 11, 2011 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dana Scully enough said

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully without a doubt.

Comment by Chris – December 11, 2011 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully! Xfiles for life!

Comment by Will – December 11, 2011 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm. Have to go with Scully on this one

Comment by Kurt – December 11, 2011 05:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully scully

Comment by Kurt – December 11, 2011 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually went to the same High School as Anna Torv (she’s class of ’96 and I’m class of ’10 however.) I should be rooting for her. I love her, Liv and Alt Liv, and Fringe is awesome but… I voted for Scully. I just… she’s my favourite. I’m sorry :’(

Comment by Kaitlyn – December 11, 2011 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t apologize–you made the right decision. ;-)

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully!!!!! She is the best, she is the first, she is redhead, she is beautiful, she is EVERYTHING.

Comment by Dro – December 11, 2011 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously some of you need to relax.Lay off the hostility.

Comment by panda – December 11, 2011 07:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully is the REASON Olivia’s show exists! This shouldn’t be such a close call! And this coming from a Fringe fan!

Comment by Jen – December 11, 2011 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I guess you are not a Fringe fan, otherwise you would have voted for the show you watch and a character you still can se every Friday night.

Olivia Dunham owes nothing to Scully, completely different characters, the only thing in common is being an FBI agent, well there have been others before Scully.

Olivia Dunham (and amazing Anna Torv ) is setting new standards.

Comment by Dunham – December 11, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully was my first girl crush. Gotta go with Scully for old times sake, even thought I really like Olivia too.

Comment by Kytivafan – December 11, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sculllayyyyy!

Comment by unremarkable – December 11, 2011 09:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Never gets old. lol

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 09:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • zzzzzzzzzzzz!

Comment by LOL – December 11, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • That’s what happened when I watched Fringe

Comment by Paula – December 11, 2011 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Certainly who will win this poll will be Dana Scully, with all the merits. She is an icon of science fiction, is a “Cult” Globally, beautiful, talented, super-stylish, with a look of “warm hearts” is the Scully, our muse forever. But since I am a fan of Fringe, I must be very happy and proud with the performance, in this poll, our beloved and wonderful Olivia Dunham. She, with her natural beauty and elegance, marked its presence here with great distinction and brilliance, making our hearts of fans, exploding, vibrate with great pride and passion.

Bravo Scully, and also, Bravo Olivia!

Comment by Zepp – December 11, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, they are similar, but remember who was the first. Dana Scully is the character that inspired Olvia, without her there would be no Olivia at all.

Comment by Paula – December 11, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • First or not, but does that really make her more crush worthy? I think not. To each their own, I guess.

Comment by Eric – December 11, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully gets my vote

Comment by matt – December 11, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scullly!

Comment by eve – December 11, 2011 10:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with panda, chill down, people. Just enjoy the fact that there’s so much love for these strong and beautiful female characters. They’re both awesome, but in my book, no one can compare with Scully. She’s brilliant like no other!

Comment by Gold – December 11, 2011 10:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Sometimes looking for extreme possibilities makes you blind to the probable explanation right in front of you.”

Scully is an icon, she’s a strong woman, sensitive, loyal, complex, a woman with temper, a fighter, a characer who would go far and beyond for friends and family, she’s not perfect but that woman taught me more than only those who watched the show can fathom.
    And if we talk about beautiful, there is no freaking question that Dana Scully can take your breath away at any time, with every movement or microexpression she makes.

The writers made her wonderful, and Gillian Anderson made her unique.

“All lies lead to the truth.”

And the truth (in this topic) is, that Dana Scully is the best female character ever created.

When I watched a few episodes of Fringe. I could only get one emotion from Olivia: insignificance. Gasping at everything on your way really doesn’t make a character that good. Plus, her face is just annoying.

I don’t care who wins, because this is just basically a poll, I just wanted to make a point… fans vs fans… I know for sure there are more X-Philes out there than whatever they call them fans of Fringe.

Comment by Paula – December 11, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your insult just proves you have not watched Fringe.

And to quote Anna Torv “Beauty is a matter of attitude, your own or of the other”

Comment by Dunham – December 11, 2011 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I have no interest in copycats, it just bored me just as mas as that quote. :)

Comment by Paula – December 11, 2011 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree Dunham but eventually you kind of just have to realize that posters like paula are not worth bothering with.Their arguments are invalid and you can’t correct people who don’t think they’re wrong.

Comment by panda – December 12, 2011 01:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well if you had stuck around after a few episodes, you would have found that Olivia is much more complex than what you are blabbering about. She’s all that Scully was and more. X-Files was a conspiracy show. Of course it got more fans, because that’s all anybody does – speculate whether aliens exist amidst us or not. Hell, LOST was the X-Files of last decade. It was much better than X-Files. X-Files was a product of its time which came across as relevant because of all the secrecy of the US govt.
    What Scully did for you, I respect that. But you can’t diss on Anna’s Olivia. Watch all three seasons (now 4th running) and get back to us.
    PS: This poll is about who is hotter & how much we want hook up with the characters, not to hold hands and cry. Plain & Simple!

Comment by Cortexifan – December 11, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This reply was for Paula.

Comment by Cortexifan – December 11, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, I bet she was more complex and entertaining, yadda yadda yadda. I got bored reading your comment.
        I said Scully is way more beautiful than plain annoying face. So I think I made that point clear.
        If you’re really as sure as I am about the characters and the shows, then I leave you to it. I really don’t care. Now I’m gonna go and hold hands with my fellow fans.

Comment by Paula – December 11, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Superficially speaking, Scully is hotter, especially based on the picture they posted in comparison with Olivia.

Also, the X-Files was more than about aliens–clearly, if you did watch the show, it wasn’t for long. Actually, there are fans of Fringe who have watched all four seasons and still believe Scully is better physically and mentally.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scully gets my vote, but I’m biased!

Comment by Indiana Mulder – December 11, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, I know I’ve been butting heads with people and saying some underhanded things. But, people make up your minds: what criteria do we base on being crush worthy? One person says the other one is hotter, and then someone points out one of the characters actions and personality traits. Another person says the character is admirable and intelligent and so on, so the other person says this poll is based on looks. Which is it? Personally, it is both for me, but I can understand why it may be one over the other for some.

Looks: Scully
    Personality/Intelligence/Work ethic/Deeds: Scully

We should be at least consistent on our criteria of what is considered crush-worthy.

I can admit when someone looks better than another person. If this was Beckett, Benson, Ziva, or some other person, I would say crush-worthy. But, based on the posted picture in this poll, Olivia’s picture is very unflattering in that is the only one we are to go by. Not to say she is ugly, because she isn’t, but in comparison, Scully looks better.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You do know there is GOOGLE right?
      If not: ANNA TORV – http://www.hairstylesnew2012.tk/resimler/anna-torv-2011-hair-styles-1.jpg

Looks: Olivia.
      Personality/Intelligence/Work ethic/Deeds: Olivia

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? Geez.
        You REALLY should google Gillian Anderson then.

Comment by Gaby – December 11, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • James, re-read my post, I said “based on the picture in this poll” meaning I knew other ones existed, but on this specific picture, there is no contest. Actually, I did google her and came to the same conclusion. Personally, I just think Scully looks better.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Still don’t think she is beautiful. I have seen a whole season of X-Files btw.

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Just the season or the series? For certain people it depends. But, even then you’ll say the same thing. lol

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 12:19 PM PDT
          • I;m sure I will. haha. I watched the very first season. I was too young to even think about watching X-Files back when it ended. Watched season last year and got a bit bored. Ditched it around 20th episode, I think.

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 12:25 PM PDT
          • That’s the point–you watched the first season. Comparing the conservative fashion of both era’s, the 90′s look bad in comparison. But, that doesn’t make Scully any less stunning. As the series progresses, she looks more and more beautiful. I believe you are biased by Fringe goggles as far as looks is concerned. I can admit when the competition is tough, but Olivia isn’t.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 12:29 PM PDT
          • You have to watch the whole season 1 of Fringe to really get what makes it that special. I believe you will love it if you give it a chance. I love old movies, but just couldn’t get into X-Files. I truly think Scully isn’t all that beautiful. Anyways, agree to disagree. lol. Olivia ftw, unless she goes up against Kate Beckett. That’d be horrifying. They are kinda juggling b/w top 2 favs of mine.

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 12:39 PM PDT
          • James, special as far as what? If we are basing this solely on looks, I don’t need to watch a season or even an episode. Now if you are talking about personality affecting perception of looks, that is a different story. But, we are talking about LOOKS here. Just this discussion in particular.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 12:47 PM PDT
          • Oh, I veered off the convo there. I was talking about the show in my last comment since you haven’t seen it. Give Fringe, the show, a chance. You may like it.

Comment by James – December 11, 2011 12:53 PM PDT
          • I never said I wouldn’t give it a chance–just not this week. I’m very busy. But, just like Fringe fans say you have to stick with the series, you have to stick with the X-Files as well.

Comment by 2shy – December 11, 2011 12:57 PM PDT
      • You realize that this poll is about the character she plays, right?

Comment by Audrey – December 11, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think all of it counts, not only physically, but also how much you like a character for her actions and her wits. I didn’t think of this poll as shallow. Having a crush doesn’t just mean you like a person because of her/his looks. To each his own, anyway.

Comment by Paula – December 11, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post