The X-Files' Scully Vs. Fringe's Olivia as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Round 3 Begins!

Round 3 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament begins with a matchup that’s sure to induce headaches in fans of the sci-fi genre.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Round 2 Ends With Criminal Minds-Off, Intra-Nikita Showdown!

Indeed, we’ve got a tough battle for supremacy betweem The X Files‘ Dana Scully and Fringe‘s Olivia Dunham.

And, of course, in the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, two crime-fighters will enter, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Bones and Isles Geeks Clash, Unforgettable and SVU Stars Collide in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Karen says:

Go Olivia!!!!!!

2. miss_s says:

Scully all the way.

3. Ricardo says:

Scully!!! I love Olivia, but Scully is stronger.

4. Chiara says:

Scully ftw!!!

5. Razzy says:

Should this really even be a question?!? Scully should win hands down!!! Like others have mentioned, there would be no Olivia without the original, the one and only Miss. Dana Katherine Scully.

6. Stephen S. says:

Hate to vote against Olivia, but I gotta go with Scully here. If it were up to me, the final round would be Scully vs Sydney Bristow!

7. panda says:

Olivia Dunham FTW.

8. steveo says:

This one is heartbreaking!

9. Debbie says:

Scully….!!!!!!

10. lipsticksocialism says:

SCULLY

11. 2shy says:

You’re kidding me, right? This shouldn’t even be a competition. Scully all of the way. Scully is the prototype for most of these modern day cops/detectives/investigators. Not only was she incredibly intelligent, but she was beautiful as well and demanded respect. She didn’t wore any provocative clothing, but dressed professionally and could put anyone in their place at the drop of a dime. She was wanted justice and the truth and would defy the law to get it. Even though she knew how to fight and shoot a gun, her brain was the real weapon.

• Alyssy says:

I totally agree with you,Scully wasn’t the type of modern investigtor with mini-skirts or to have relationships with any partener she had.How you said,her weapon as her brain she don’t need to wore provocative clothing to be remarked,she was the smartes investigator I ever seen.My vote ofcourse go to our beautiful and smart Dana Scully!

• Brad says:

Well I prefer beauty with brains such as Olivia, rather than only-brains Scully who was never that beautiful.

• 2shy says:

I’m sorry, but you have to be out of your mind–are we looking at the same picture. If I were into women–I’d tap that (Scully). Olivia looks plain in her picture, they’ve could’ve chosen something way better. Just speaking on a superficial level since you wanted to go there. And Scully has always been drop dead gorgeous.

• Brad says:

I didn’t even look at the picture because I religiously watch Fringe and Anna is a lot more beautiful than Scully ever was. Scully looks like my mom and that’s a turn off for me.

• CharlieBlue says:

+ 2.
      I completely agree with you! :)

12. mrflamethunder says:

Oh God!! I refuse to vote!!!!

13. Alyssya says:

Scully gets my vote,is so sad that I see other peoples have voted Olivia.Without Scully,Olivia would never exist,Scully is the example for very much TV female characters (Beckett from Castel,Brennan from Bones etc.)

14. JM says:

although i love them both,i voted for olivia

15. Rodney says:

Dana Scully!!! Hands down, or feet up, which ever way :-0

16. Tom says:

OLIVIA!!!!! :D

17. Julie Hill says:

SCULLYS GOT MY VOTE

18. beatrix says:

livia~~

19. Rob says:

How is this even a competition? Scully. Always Scully. She had the most depth, emotion and personality of the two, she is a billion times hotter and The X-Files is a much better show. Fringe would have flopped if they hadn’t promoted it with “from the creators of Lost.”

• Katie says:

What you are talking about is publicity. Fringe is an amazing show, and I know so many people that started watching later one, and not because it was written by the creaters of Lost. Olivia is so much more complex.

• 2shy says:

I highly doubt it. Not only did Scully have depth, but GA poured so much into the character that she won an Emmy. That says a lot considering that sci-fi gets snubbed at the Emmy’s.

• mack says:

I was addicted to x files and now watch fringe. To hear you say that Scully had depth is laughable, x-files rarely delved into character development; it was all about the cases. They would dump the shipper stuff like clockwork into the last 5 minutes of every season opener.The show was afraid to go into real depth with their characters. I love both shows but at least i can be objective and truthful about it. Fringe excels in character depth and development in ways only xfiles fan could dream about. After 9 seasons of xfiles, only shippers were watching and eve then the writers patronized them by skipping over the most important moment in the characters’ relationship.

20. Mani says:

Scully set the tone for almost 3/4 of the others.
    Scully all the way. She put the crush in crushable.

21. arucha says:

Olivia!!!

22. Sarah says:

Scully FTW!

23. Kaibosh says:

I LOVE Olivia (all of them) as much as its possible to love any character. The writers have provided the viewers with a truly complex and powerful character that is portrayed perfectly by a truly gifted actor. BUT…… This is Scully we’re talking about. Sorry Fringe but this vote goes to Scully and the X Files.

24. CharlieBlue says:

Dana Scully! Because she was the first woman on TV, on a sci-fi show, who was portrayed to be both a beauty, a brain and able to handle herself quite well – as well as not put into revealing clothes right off the bat. She’s the epitome of crush-worthy. She was the first one on TV, to ever open my eyes to inner beauty like that, back in 1994 when it aired first time in Denmark.

25. Amanda says:

Scully all the way!

26. Jillian says:

NOOOOO! IT’S LIKE SOPHIE’S CHOICE!!! I CAAAN’T!

27. Danielle says:

Dana Katherine Scully ofcourse!I don’t understand why exist this question,is ridiculous ofcourse I voted for the brilliant Dana Scully.She was the first female FBI agent in a Sci-Fi TV series,the perfect woman example I grow up looking at Scully and taking the good example what she gave us.The brilliant smart and beautiful FBI agent who tryes to find the truth and scientific explanation for every case.

28. John says:

Everybody seem to say Scully & yet its 50-50 right now! I vote Olivia Dunham! She’s beautiful, compassionate and badass!! Scully is not good-looking and so, not crush worthy! Olivia FTW!

• Katie says:

YES!!! I so agree with you!

• 2shy says:

Are we looking at the same picture–look at the one they posted and tell me Olivia looks better. Please, Scully is the better option all around, but people go with Olivia because she is modern.

• Brad says:

You seem to be infatuated with the pics. That pic of Anna doesn’t truly give her enough credit, while Scully’s is made to look more hotter than she is. I agree with John. Olivia FTW!!!

• 2shy says:

Do you read my other comments as well? Some focus solely on the looks where as other focus over a general perspective. I’ve commented on both. The only reason I said what I said was because of John’s comment. Not only that, Scully is shown as more than compassionate, badass, and extremely intelligent.

29. Katie says:

Olivia for sure! Scully’s great, but not quite as wonderful as Olivia. Before you start ranting at me, I have to state – I have seen every episode of both TV shows, and still, Olivia rules. Sorry Scully!

30. Zepp says:

Come on, of course, Scully is very beautiful and highly seductive. That everybody knows. But Olivia, our Olivia, it is very charming, naturally beautiful, are, with all the elegance, now, at this time. My vote is for this beautiful warrior of the universes of Fringe: Olivia!

31. nitemar says:

Scully for me. I understand Fringe fans may think Olivia is great, but as an older fan here, if there was no Scully there would have been no Olivia.

• Katie says:

However, Scully never had to fight for two universes, and Olivia is still exceedingly different in so many ways. They are not the same, and I am sure that without Scully, Olivia still would have been there. Besides, Anna Torv playing two different characters was so much more crush-worthy

• 2shy says:

lol. You’re right, Scully didn’t fight two universes–she was saving the world while fighting cancer. Also, are you sure there would still be an Olivia without Scully–don’t be so sure of yourself because JJ’s been taking notes from CC since Alias, which came way before Fringe.

• Brad says:

So, she even had cancer?!! Then, that makes it more easier to tell who is more crush worthy. Lol. Two universes Olivia Dunham forever!

• 2shy says:

No, you missed the point, Brad. The person said Olivia was admirable for fighting in two universes, so I compared Scully’s fight with cancer while simultaneously saving the world. She had a terminal illness and still keep fighting.

32. Alana says:

LOL @ the X-Files folks. Why so serious?? The X-Files will forever be an outstanding show but Fringe is a damn good one. It isn’t the end of the world..it’s okay,goodness.

33. Rod says:

No competition here. Dana takes it all the way to number one!! Sexiest and smartest agent in any field.

34. Jeneen Lindstrom says:

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT? scully is breathtaking and unlike many of the current chicks out there she didn’t need to sex it up to be sexy. her brain and her face were enough to get her to be the #1 woman men crushed on in the 90’s, and still do even now. scully turns straight girls gay, that’s how beautiful she is

• Brad says:

If I was 21 back when Scully was at the top of her game, I’d have become gay looking at her! You people need to stop saying she was sexy. She wasn’t. It was just because of X-Files that she made it to the top of that stupid list.

• 2shy says:

Well, Brad, on the flipside, Olivia makes me glad I’m straight. lbs On another note, the x-files isn’t the reason she is on the list–some people do genuinely believe she is hot.

• panda says:

You seriously both have to be under the age of 18 to post such stupid insulting posts about both actresses.Shame.

• 2shy says:

lol. Not saying she is ugly, but on a superficial level, I wouldn’t consider bi-sexuality or lesbianism because of her looks. And every once in a while, almost everyone displays some sort of immaturity online.

• karl says:

Eh she wore ridiculously high heels that no real FBI agent would wear

35. tdevol says:

Absolutely no contest between these two. Dana Scully wins hands down. 9 seasons, 2 feature films and counting…Have you SEEN Gillian Anderson!?

36. Dianne says:

Scully!! Always Scully, she had set the tone and she is still such an example for people to be strong and to start learning for a medical doctor/ scientist I don’t see Olivia pulling that off! :)
    And even *if* Scully doesn’t win this poll, she always wins from all fandoms :D

37. The Squatch says:

It appears about 90% of the posts seem to be pro-Scully, yet the vote is almost a 50/50 split. Must be an X-files type conspiracy…

It’s funny. I love these types of shows, but for some reason just could never get into the X-files. Though I agree is the original with many more like it to follow, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best.

Had to vote for Olivia on this one.

• 2shy says:

True enough, but in this case, The X-Files is the best. Which one became a cultural phenomena in such a short time? The show is incredibly influential and featured a woman who was not afraid to stand her ground. Her brains went before her beauty and she wasn’t some weepy sensitive character.

• Brad says:

Nobody is talking about the damn show or their inner strengths. Olivia FTW just because she is hotter and more badass! Have you even seen Alt-Olivia!!

• Alice says:

olivia does all that too. she also doesn’t wear revealing clothes. have you seen Fringe or just comment like that? you both sound like stupid teens.

• 2shy says:

Alice, I never said that Olivia wasn’t any of those things, but responding to the post. You sound like an idiot for being presumptuous. I was naming the positives of Scully and, in this post, I didn’t say a negative thing about Olivia. You sound like someone who believes she is oh so mature when you are really like the rest of us–get off of it.

38. jason says:

Its a no brainer scully will always get my vote.

39. savannah says:

SCULLY!!!!!!!! Sorry Fringe, X Files did it first :)

40. Jessica says:

*clears throat* *in her very best Mulder impression* Sccuuulllllaaaaayyyyyyyy!!

Gillian Anderson wins. At everything. Your argument is invalid. :)

41. Xindilini says:

There is no one like Scully.

42. postman says:

I voted for scully both hot but she is a icon watch anything with gillian in it.

43. Kelley says:

I’m not gonna argue for which show is the best. That is subjective and I happen to love them both. They are excellently produced, well written, thought provoking shows with awesome characters. X-Files had the advantage of coming along when there really was nothing like it on television, but even XF drew inspiration from earlier shows like Kolchak, much like Fringe draws inspiration from X-Files today. More’s the better, IMO.

As for the two leading ladies, I’m not suprised at all by the close match. The characters are VERY similiar in positive ways (both attractive, smart, professional, competent, complex, not (usually) dolled up for the sake of titillation). It’s refreshing. I want more like this, please. Unfortunately, because they are so similar, in the end the vote will probably come down to familiarity and/or something superficial like height or hair color. Too bad. They both deserve to win.

44. Jolie says:

I expect Olivia to win but my vote will always go to Scully.

45. blah says:

Are you kidding me? No contest, Scully ftw!!

46. Goody says:

Scully. Scully… and Scully again. There’s simply no other choice…

47. CastleBuffySVU says:

If Scully loses to Olivia, I’m gonna be mad. ;)

48. Whovian says:

Olivia Dunham. Hands down.