The X-Files' Scully Vs. Fringe's Olivia as 'Law-Enforcement Crushes' Round 3 Begins!

Round 3 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament begins with a matchup that’s sure to induce headaches in fans of the sci-fi genre.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Round 2 Ends With Criminal Minds-Off, Intra-Nikita Showdown!

Indeed, we’ve got a tough battle for supremacy betweem The X Files‘ Dana Scully and Fringe‘s Olivia Dunham.

And, of course, in the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, two crime-fighters will enter, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will test the strength of your character allegiances. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 3 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

Bones and Isles Geeks Clash, Unforgettable and SVU Stars Collide in ‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Angela says:

Looking at the brackets, my prediction is it will be Abby vs Ziva for the final 2.

• Lily says:

That would be awesome!!

• editor says:

oh, if that happens – ZIVA vs ABBY I will be torn as to which fabulous NCIS star to pick…

• Evelyn says:

It’s funny because those are legitimately the two ugliest people left in the competition haha. Plus, if you think Beckett won’t be making it into the finale you’re crazy.

• Saint Alicia says:

Think you’re the one who’s mistaken… The strength of the NCIS fandom took down Castle (Tony beat him remember?), and I wouldn’t be surprised if Abby tops Kate. Then it’ll be a war between NCIS fans who like Abby (or just hate Ziva/TIVA) and those who like Ziva/the coupling.

• Carlos says:

The only problem is, this is supposed to be about the most crushable, not the show with more fans, because just the thought that any of those being more crushable than Kate god… But I guess in the end it all comes down to the show they are in.

On topic, I loved Dana Scully on X-Files, but Anna Torv is amazing in everything she does, there’s no choice here, Anna Torv FTW.

• Saint Alicia says:

I realize it should be about most crushable not biggest fanbase, but you don’t think it’s possible for the many fans of NCIS to genuinely believe Abby and/or Ziva is more crushable than their competition? Just because there’s more of them their opinion isn’t as “legitimate” or “objective”?
            Anyhow, I’m sure most people vote purely out of loyalty for a character/show and little else.

• Jack says:

• KIMBRADY says:

anyone who doesn’t think Ziva or Abby are the most beautiful, crushable women on a hit TV show aren’t smart enough to vote in this poll. Get real !
          And take your hate somewhere else haters !

• Carlos says:

It’s clear in your post that you’re a fan of the show they are in, but seriously!? Yes, Ziva is extremely beautiful, no argue there, but abby? c’mon… She could be the most sweet character and you find her crushable for that reason, but you said “most beautiful”, i’m sorry, but she is far from beautiful:

This is not a beautiful woman, period.

And I can even understand them winning because of the fanbase, but please, don’t say that it is because she is beautiful lol

“@Alicia: Ah! Most ‘women’ vote for the actors from their show. Most men just vote genuinely looking at who is hotter. Yeah we are that shallow. lol”

True story! xD

• Hannah says:

Do not underestimate the power of the NCIS fandom. They may not necessarily be right, but they be crazy good at winning these things. Also, they be crazy.

• Mell says:

I totally agree with you PLUS neither Ziva or Abby are really beautiful and if you guys think Kate isn’t beautiful then sorry but you have no eyes! You can’t really believe Ziva/Abby is pretty right?

• Anna says:

No, THESE two shown above are the worst looking.

• Sam says:

If this happens I will be so upset because its not fair to the other shows, whose two characters are in the same bracket

2. opus says:

I knew this vote was coming and dreaded it. So hard to choose. But I’ve been a Scully fan from the first time I saw her on X-Files and although Olivia is wonderful, she is not quite Scully. So Gillian Anderson gets my vote although I expect Anna Torv to win.

3. Cy says:

Yep, yep. It’s gotta be Scully for me!

4. Jay says:

Olivia all the way.

5. Jo says:

Scully for ever !!

6. Kaz says:

I love both,but I love Scully just a bit more..sorry Olive.

7. Ashley says:

Olivia’s great, but Scully comes out on top. Without her, there would be no Olivia!

8. Emee says:

So looking at how the brackets are turning out, I think I have a strong idea as to who three of the final four will be. I think it will be Ziva David, Sydney Bristow and Kate Beckett for sure, but I’m struggling on who will be the fourth. I would love to see it be Abby, but she hassome tough competition.

9. Iris says:

SCULLY!!!!

10. Ed says:

Sophie’s choice!! I just can’t pick.

11. Joe says:

Tough call. But Dunham

12. Cristian says:

Scully!!!!!

13. Raquel Danason says:

Scully, ever and forever. The X-Files is history… many others are there because of what Chris Carter done. So it’s impossible for the exers generation, the olders and the newest one’s not vote and think in Dana Scully/Gillian Anderson.

14. Carmichael says:

wait what? Scully’s losing. I’d say my world no longer makes sense, but it hasn’t made sense in awhile.

15. Anna says:

This matchup amuses me bacause I find both acteresses so unattractive and inlikeable that I never could enjoy either show.

16. pardon says:

WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THEM?

17. Sabrina says:

Sorry Fringe fans….Scully all the way.

18. Joycee says:

Ack Sarah Walker vs Sydney Bristow? That right there is a heavy weight bout! Definitely getting down to some tough choices this round

19. scully says:

gillian anderson aka scully !!!!! of course

i cant stand the acting of anna torv, she is always overdoing her facial expressions and that”s so distracting

olivia dunham has no charisma.

• Mike says:

Is there really a winner here? It seems you can sit there and vote over and over again for the person you want to win. It comes down to which fans have the time and no life to just sit there and vote all day long.

20. sunday says:

Olivia Dunham is the reason I watch Fringe!

21. Watts1013 says:

Fringe is a very bad rip off of The X-Files. Special Agent Dana Scully all the way!

22. Gisela says:

Sully it is

23. Plum says:

My vote was really for Alt-Olivia with the sassy red bangs, cool leather jacket and Kim Possible cargo pants. I hope Olivia will dump the sensible shoes and takes some fashion risks like her doppleganger.

• 2shy says:

lol. This is exactly why Scully should win–she wasn’t about her looks, but her smarts and doing her job to the best of her ability. She would rather dress sensibly than take fashion risks. At the end of the day, it’s not about what you wear, but how you do your job.

• Mindy says:

Have you seen “Fringe”? This person was commenting that the Olivia in this poll *does* dress sensibly and relies on her smarts. The thing is, the Alt Universe Olivia also looks cool while doing it.

• Alice says:

she definitely hasn’t seen FRINGE.

• 2shy says:

I understand that, but I wasn’t commenting on that, but rather the remark as to Olivia dressing more fashionably. Not all Fringe fans feel this way, but if Olivia is just fine as she is, then why should she take fans risks? Her job is not about that.

• Jen says:

@Plum, Your “Kim Possible cargo pants” comment is the best thing I’ve read in the entire comments section! Also, I want both Olivia and Bolivia’s wardrobes.

24. Laura E. says:

Come on people–it’s Scully! She is the ubercrush. I love Olivia but there is no one I would pick over Scully.

25. evelyn says:

Dana Katherine Scully!

26. ZiggOz says:

This choice is really, really hard, no doubt. Dana Scully was masterful, beautiful, with that air of mystery, marking as a seductive character, decisively important, that set the tone, the characteristic of the series X-Files. On the other hand is elegant, endowed with an extreme natural beauty, with very, very charm of the star of Fringe, which is our Olivia Dunham. But for the moment, I vote in Olivia, but Scully is in my heart forever.

27. Stephie says:

SCULLY

28. Salome says:

Please. It’s not even a question. Dana Scully for the win.

29. Hannah says:

There wouldn’t be Olivia without Scully.

• Dunham says:

Olivia Dunham is the one truly believable FBI agent, and alive and kicking.

There were plenty if others before scully, she owes her nothing.
      And the Fringe fans who do not vote for Olivia Dunham, shame on you.

• 2 says:

In regards to women in Sci-Fi, yes, she does. JJ Abrams took certain things from the X-Files, which carried even into Alias and Lost, so it isn’t a surprise that Fringe has some as well.

30. Juan says:

Dude!!! This should belong to Dana Scully, hands down.

Where are the fanboys?!

31. NG says:

what the hell!?
    Scully must win!

32. Amanda says:

Always Oliva.

33. Lola says:

scully is the only one I know

34. Zepp says:

Olivia! Olivia Dunham! Bolivia! Fauxlivia! FBI agent Olivia Dunham! Olivia, Olivia B, Olivia C (Future)! All Olivia, into one: Olivia Dunham forever!

35. Roma_X says:

¡¡Scully!!

36. Mario Bitt says:

OLIVIA is FANTASTIC!

37. Jemma says:

Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully! Her character’s impact in modern television was tremendous. Characters like Olivia Dunham, Beckett, Bones wouldn’t exist without her.

38. Gina says:

Well, obviously Scully SHOULD beat the piece of wood, but too many kiddies who vote have no idea what The X-Files is. Their loss.

39. john says:

Scully of course

40. Justin says:

Very tough choice for me. Truthfully, it doesn’t matter which one wins cause I love both of them.

41. Shannon says:

Scully has been and always will be the Queen!! She totally gets my vote without a second thought…..perfect combo of brains, beauty, and strength.

42. Sam says:

This is ridiculous, Dana Scully can’t be compared to any of all those characters, she’s epic.

43. evelyn says:

Scully ugly? I guess they never seen x files. Gillian is older then anna and still is much more stunning!

44. dana says:

I love them both, tremendously, but I have to go with Olivia.

45. CastleBuffySVU says:

This will be intense. Gillian is stunning, but looking at the photos, so is Anna. My vote will still go to the brilliant Gillian, as Scully, but Anna will be hard to compete with!

46. I cannot believe that any character would beat Scully in a head-to-head, given that she is beautiful, educated, empathetic, supportive, has leadership qualities, and actually seemed to do FBI related work even within the context of The X-Files.

Total package.

47. Kelley says:

Has to be Scully. I absolutely LOVE Fringe and adore Olivia Dunham, but Scully was the progenitor of all the current brilliant beauties. She made being smart mysterious and SEXY, and a whole generation loved her for it. She’ll always get my vote.

48. Lu says:

You’re kidding, right? SCULLY all the way!