ABC Extends Castle's Fourth Season

Get More: News

When it comes to Castle‘s current fourth season, 22 episodes just won’t cut it for ABC.

The network has ordered an additional episode of the show, bringing its Season 4 total to 23.

The news was first reported by EW.com.

Castle, which aired its fall finale this past Monday, returns with original episodes on Jan. 9.

Tags: ,

Comments (20)

• Awesome! I love this show!

Comment by GK – December 9, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Score.

Comment by megan – December 9, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is good news for us fans!

Comment by Sara – December 9, 2011 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hallelujah!! Love castle! and a little more Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic doesn’t hurt either :)

Comment by nikki – December 9, 2011 08:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hmmm i dont know…. season 2 and 3 both had 24 episodes…..

Comment by eddie – December 9, 2011 08:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Which were expanded orders, so Castle’s still on track for extra awesome. :-)

Comment by Kelly – December 9, 2011 12:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huzzah!

Comment by DL – December 9, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, 23 is my lucky number today! :)

Comment by nitemar – December 9, 2011 08:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of those rare shows that actually gets better with time. The fall finale was the best episode ever. I was literally on the edge of my seat when that tiger was discovered…

Comment by Babygate – December 9, 2011 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • are you serious it was a horrible case totally absurd and im a megafan
      i think the ptsd episode was the best of the season should have ended on that

Comment by lexi – December 9, 2011 10:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree with Babygate. I would NEVER have expected a freaking tiger. A+ for element of surprise. I laughed my butt off.

Comment by Barbie – December 9, 2011 11:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SO very true.

First I jumped out of my seat then I started laughing really bad. I had nothing against that episode. It was fun-filled and funny!

And yes, also with you on the first part. Castle is pretty lucky. I didn’t even know they had only 22 episode for season 4! =\ And I don’t really understand why people are hating on this season. I thought this season is the best of all of them. It’s so much more interesting! =D

Comment by Camille – December 31, 2011 01:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so cool, I’m completely addicted to our writer and it gets
    better and better all the time.

Comment by BarbaraA – December 9, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s great! More Castle & Beckett = more awesomeness.

Comment by Brandon – December 9, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Six season and a movie!

Comment by Russ – December 9, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t they always extend to 24! Damn, one less this time!!

Comment by Girish – December 10, 2011 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool. Cool, cool, cool.

Comment by a. – December 10, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait a minute, isn’t this the same network that said they overbooked their schedule and have had to not only delay bringing back Cougar Town but have had to reduce its episode order? Maybe the powers that be need to communicate more clearly with the “spin department” so they are tripping over their lies. Before anyone gets all upset, I am not comparing the two shows. I am making a point that the network clearly has extra time on its hands, so now fes up to the real reason that Cougar Town is being punished.

Comment by Scorpo – December 12, 2011 12:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Maybe because Cougar Town is a terrible show that no one likes.

Comment by Ummm – December 21, 2011 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post