Ratings: CBS Eyes Rare Wednesday Demo Win, Teenage Daughter Flunks, Top Model Hits High

CBS scored a rare Wednesday demo win — its first of this season, in fact — thanks in part to Fox’s Teenage Daughter diluting X Factor‘s strength.

The Eye, which also won the night in total audience, opened with Survivor (11.5 million viewers, 3.3 demo rating) registering gains and 4 and 6 percent. Criminal Minds (12.26 mil/3.4), at 9 pm, edged out Modern Family as Wednesday’s most-watched program, and CSI (11.1 mil/2.5) topped the 10 o’clock hour in both measures.

Returning to Fox: The X Factor‘s Top 5 performance show drew 10.55 million viewers and a 3.3 rating, down 11 percent in the demo week-to-week, while I Hate My Teenage Daughter (5.4 mil/2.1) plunged 20 and 25 percent in its second week.

The night’s other headline: America’s Next Top Model‘s season finale (2.35 mil/1.0) surged more than 20 percent to deliver its largest audience since April 27 of the previous cycle.

Going hour-by-hour….

8 pm | Survivor bested X Factor in viewers and tied it in the demo. ABC’s sitcombo of The Middle (8.8 mil/2.8) and Suburgatory (8 mil/2.8) gained 12 percent in the demo, compared to Thanksgiving Eve numbers. Up All Night‘s Christmas episode (5 mil/1.8) received the gift of 14 and 20 percent increases.

9 pm | Modern Family (12.1 mil/5.0) had the night’s best demo rating, up 9 percent from its last fresh outing; Happy Endings (6.53 mil/2.9) dropped a few eyeballs but saw a 12-percent demo bump vs. Thanksgiving Eve. Harry’s Law (7 mil/1.2) shed 29 percent of its previous, on-the-high-side audience, but only dipped a little in the demo.

10 pm | Trailing CSI, Revenge placed second with 7.3 million total viewers and a 2.4 rating, steady in audience but down 8 percent in the demo to match a series low. Law & Order: SVU was flat (compared to its last “normal”/had scripted competition episode) at 7 mil and a 1.9.

1. Samantha says:

It was obvious that Lisa was going to win but it’s unfortunate. She wants to be a singer and a performer, Allison wanted to be an actual model.

• Anna says:

I remember Lisa from the last time she was on, and hated her. I stopped watching because most of the prettier girls (Allison looks too cartoony for my tastes) were gone weeks ago.

2. kevin says:

Fox better cancel TEENAGE DAUGHTER sooner rather than later.

• Pia says:

that show is so painful i didn’t even manage to get through the entire first episode.

• Anna says:

The silly title raised red flags for me, and by the time I saw the teasers and previews; I’d already decided not to watch.

• fann says:

AMANNNN baby

• Little Scarf Girl says:

It was SO BAD. My sister forced me to watch the Pilot, and I really wished I could have my 20 minutes back.

• Putri says:

Teenage daughter is so, so, bad. I expected better from Fox. Pathetic storyline. My husband and I watched the pilot and we patiently watched till the end of the pilot. We were speechless. Did not even bother with it after that. Come on Fox – you can do better than this!

• Ramury7 says:

I missed the 1st episode, but I watched last nights and I thought it was funny. Overall the story was a little weak but some parts really worked. I think that sometimes happens with new shows. Hopefully they get enough episodes to work out the kinks.

3. Stacey says:

X Factor shouldn’t have eliminated Drew last week. I want to believe it went down due to the controversy. Yeah, I know everything was down. So I doubt Drew was a factor. But I know I didn’t watch X Factor for the first time all season. Although I am not counted in the ratings… At least two of them should not have been in the final 5. I can’t wait until American Idol begins. And I am thinking FOX is wishing that too…

• Holly says:

Actually, not everything was down. A lot was up from Thanksgiving week numbers, although ratings, in general, tend to be lower this time of year. (The networks think that’s b/c of the holidays I assume. I disagree — I think it’s because one week a show is on and the next it is off and people can never figure out if it’s a repeat or not on any given week. I digress.)

Much more worrying for FOX should be that its “hip” show that was supposed to be a juggernaut is only tying Survivor, a ten year old reality show on CBS, in the demo. Not to mention, of course, being beaten out in viewers by the same.

• TinCan says:

Holly, if you are having a problem of what is “new” vs. “repeat” go to TVGuide.com or TitanTV.com and set your zip code and provider. Broadcasters set a flag for new i.e., 1 = new, 0 = repeat, flags are also read by your cablebox listings. Sometimes the flag isn’t set by the broadcasters and when that happens your preset record “new” program will not know its “new” and will not record it. I hope this helps you…

4. Kiki says:

I love ANTM, but i think that the whole twist thing sucked and was done for rating alone … Angelea should have won, hands down!

5. fernando says:

Glad Revenge did good and didnt fall a lot in ratings like other ABC shows did. Now I can’t wait til Jan. 4, I mean did ya see the promo, OMG thats all I got to say.

6. Potch says:

Teenage Daughter wouldn’t be so bad if it wasn’t for the redhead. She is just absolutely awful. The character is just annoying and grossly overacted.

7. Tate says:

It’s nice to see CBS procedurals do well. So much TV drama is geared toward thinking people, it’s nice that the low IQ types have CBS to keep them entertained without taxing their little brains.

8. kevin says:

Really don’t know why the next cycle of TOP MODEL got benched by the CW and when will it debuts. Unfortunately the same couldn’t be said about two new reality series coming to the CW with RE-MODELED and THE FRAME.