Rachel's Gay Dads on Glee: Let's Cast 'Em!

Rachel’s gay dads are finally making their way to Glee later this season.

An insider has confirmed EW.com’s scoop that the show is ready to pull the trigger on introducing Rachel’s oft-referred-to-but-never-seen interracial parents.

Naturally, the stunt casting possibilities are endless. Here are 16 of our favorite possibilities (split evenly by race). Vote for your fave in each of the two categories and then let the universe take it from there.

Glee Tackling Michael Jackson Songbook: 5 Songs The Show Must Cover (And 5 to Avoid)

TAGS: ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News

1. Pavla says:

John Barrowman! :)

2. Tini says:

How has no one mentioned Stanly Tucci?!

3. Jess says:

hmm… i pretty much love all of these choices. But voted for Taye Digg-Adam Pascal reunion!!! Seriously, with Idina, that would be a freakin’ explosion of awesome! :D

4. Jane says:

John Barrowman is perfect for roll of Rachel’s dad-just perfect!!!!!

5. amb says:

Jesse L Martin and Jason Alexander

6. Felicity says:

JOHN BARROWMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He’d be PERFECT! :D

7. Kevin says:

I’m all for finding the models who posed for the pictures with Lea Michele that are taped to the inside of Rachel’s locker door, pictures of Rachel and her two gay dads

8. D. Marie says:

TAYE AND HUGH FTW! Sorry for the CAPS lock, but the minute I saw those two faces, I couldn’t vote or type fast enough. (prays to the casting gods) Please oh please oh please oh please oh please!!

In addition to my begging, some logic: Both actors have backgrounds in theater. And Idina? Giving her child up for adoption? To her real-life husband?! C’MON people.

9. laur2222 says:

Idina Menzel (shelby cocoran on glee) and Taye Diggs are married in real life. if guest stars in glee i might laugh. not only would he be working with his wife sorta, he’d be working in a similar scene. shelby is racheals birth mom. taye is an option for the adoptive dad. if find this humorous lol.

10. Anthony Newhall says:

Taye Diggs and Eric McCormack are the perfect parents for Rachel Berry.

11. Bizarro7 says:

John Barrowman. He sings incredibly well and is great eye candy!

12. QJ201 says:

John Barrowman and RuPaul. Both are openly gay and established recording artists and performers.

13. Sam says:

John Barrowman as Dad #2, hands down. And I would love to see Taye Diggs as Dad #1, they would be amazing together!

14. Sabina says:

Consider how her dad’s looked in the first episode. I’d say they need people who look close to them. Not exact since it was like 2 years ago but at least somewhat close. It’d be funny if they were both white though.

15. Nathan says:

Taye Diggs & Nathan Lane would be the best in my opinion.

16. Mellie says:

NATHAN LANE AND JESSE L. MARTIN.

That is all.

Well, not really. They are both fantastic, seasoned broadway actors and I think having a Bostwick/Meatloaf-esque cameo like in the Rocky Horror episode would be perfect. No singing, just a wink and a nudge and a fangirlish squee from a broadway fan.

17. Heidi says:

Perhaps Adam Levine from Maroon 5 would be a great potential daddy for Rachel. I don’t know about his acting skills, but he has great personality and great voice. With him, I would couple Jamie Foxx. Now there’s some star power to make Rachel the diva she is. :)

18. CZ says:

Split evenly by race?? Really that’s the direction you went with to pick the men and then have people vote on it? and FYI, there are much more races and ethnicities than Black Americans and white Americans

19. Griff says:

I wish John Barrowman were listed

20. Natalia says:

Wait a minute… I’m pretty sure I’ve seen them in a short flash… One of the first episodes, I think… Hmmm… I wonder if Rachel’s parents are as gifted as she is.

21. Tootz says:

Sean Hayes could have been really good too!

22. Antonia says:

Doesn’t anyone remember the clip in the first episode that showed Rachel looking lovingly into her locker at a strip of pictures of her with her gay dads?! Am i the only one who thinks it would be wrong for them to cast anyone else? Glee already has major continuity issues without this one too…

23. Jacqueline says:

Adam Pascal, though age wise, it would be questionable, would be OUTSTANDING!!!!!! and perfect!!

24. JFritsch62 says:

You don’t have to cast a mixed race couple. Idris Elba and Jessie L Martin. Both very hot and both extremely accomplished actors. They would make an amazing couple.

25. neener says:

Didn’t Rachel have a picture of her dads in Season 1? Use those guys.

26. Lacey says:

John Barrowman!!!!!!!!!!! There’s no one better!!

27. leslie says:

I want Jack from will n grace

28. salsan says:

they showed a pic of rachels dads in season one when she opens up her locker i dont remember the episode its from and i cant find anything online p.s. they r both white and one is wearing glasses then someone walks up behind her and ask whos that and she replies my gay dads then she goes on to explain that they put their sperm into a container and shook it up or something like that this is around the time they first introduce shelby carcoran

29. HJG says:

Technically her fathers aren’t unseen. We have already seen a photo of them during a visual gag. In the pilot Rachel says, “I am not homophobic. In fact, I have two gay dads. See, I was born out of love. My two dads screened potential surrogates based on beauty and IQ. Then they mixed their sperm together and used a turkey baster. To this day we don’t know which one is my real dad, which I think is pretty amazing.” and then you see a photo of her with her fathers and they are clearly an interracial couple, thus showing the naivety of Rachel possibly her fathers. Obviously this was a long time ago and they are unlikely to maintain the original father castings from that photo, but I thought it was worth noting we have seen her fathers.

I have to admit I would love to see Nathan Lane or John Barrowman as her white daddy but the Renthead in me would probably die of excitement if her fathers included Anthony Rapp or Adam Pascal and Taye Diggs or Wilson Jermaine Heredia!

30. Monika says:

Isaiah Washington was kicked off Grey´s anatomy set because of his homophobic comments so I doubt he would agree to take this role…just a thought :)

31. Kristine says:

How about casting the 2 original guys that are in the pictures Rachel has in her locker in Season 1? Shouldn’t they look like them? Why cast two people completely different??

32. Dena says:

I’m not voting any of the above. True Gleeks will want the ORIGINAL dads that were shown in the plot. It’s so fitting with the original tone of season 1 and if they really have to go and cast some big name star for her dads like they did with John Schneider as Sam’s (though I did squee) then I will throw a fit :/

33. Raynne says:

They Already Casted Them In The First Episode, They Showed Photobooth Pictures Of All Them And Rachel Together. Even Though I LOVE David Tennant And John Barrowman And Taye Diggs As Actors.

34. Michael says:

BARROWMAN FOR PRESI….oh wait…I mean DADDY!!! ^o^

35. mariah says:

Taye Diggs & Adam Pascal would be perfect!!!!

36. Priya says:

Okay. John Barrowman. Absolutely. Without a doubt no question asked.

37. bailey says:

I love this show, it is among my 4 top favorites… But to get back to the point, I personally think that Stanley Tucci off of the movie Burlesque would make a perfect fit for the show he is a great actor and I think Rachel kinda resembles him, not that that has anything to do with it cuz she is adopted but still, I can amagine him on the show. I don’t really know who John Barrowman is but everyone is seeming to go with him so yeah Stanley Tucci and John Barrowman for the DADS! :-P

38. b-line says:

Ru Paul and Nathan Lane funniest couple ever!!

39. CC says:

Man, I miss that show!

40. Ammy says:

Конеш, будет Хью Джекман какого-то пидараса играть, как же….

41. Jordan says:

I thought they already had her dads cast from the first season? Where like we first met her and all that?