All My Children alum Cameron Mathison has landed a guest spot on the final season of Desperate Housewives, playing Bree’s next lover.
“[Marcia Cross and I] have a couple of fun scenes,” he tells ABC Soaps In Depth. “I really loved working with her.”
Mathison’s episode is slated to air in late January.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• The Save Community movement just kicked things into high gear, thanks to a little help from the folks at College Humor. Take a peek at the below “PSA,” which features the entire cast (hilariously) pleading with people to give
their show Greendale a chance. (You see, due to “a teensy little attendance problem,” the college is going to have to close its doors “for a few months” — but they’ll be back!) And always remember… Pop, pop!
• “It looks like a beast-fest.” So says TVLine’s own Michael Slezak of ABC’s latest promo for the new season of The Bachelor. See for yourselves by checking out said preview at EW.com. (Warning: There is actual nudity in the clip!)
• The Secret Circle‘s Chris Zylka has been promoted to series regular, EW.com reports. The actor joined the CW series in October as witch-hunter Jake.
• J.J. Abrams and One Tree Hill showrunner Mark Schwahn have teamed up on a drama project for The CW, Deadline reports. The potential series will revolve around the lives of staff members and guests at a Maine inn.
• Funny lady Kathy Griffin has landed a guest spot on NBC’s Whitney, TV Guide Magazine reports. The My Life on the D List star will play a co-worker of Whit’s pal Roxanne.
• Lifetime has given the green light to Sworn to Silence, a two-hour movie/backdoor pilot starring and co-executive produced by Neve Campbell (Scream). Per Deadline, the potential series (based on the novel by the same name) centers on a former Amish woman (Campbell) who returns to her farming community as its Chief of Police.
• Robin Givens (Head of the Class) will play a longtime rival of Cheryl Hines’ Dallas on a March episode of ABC’s Suburgatory, EW.com reports.
• The first of three Ab Fab specials, The Absolutely Fabulous 20th Anniversary Special, is set to premiere Sunday, Jan. 8 at 10/9c on Logo and BBC America, per TVGuide.com.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?