Ratings: New Girl and Not-New NCIS Top Night

Led by repeats of the NCISes and a fresh New Girl, CBS and Fox respectively split the win this Tuesday, with the Eye averaging the most viewers and the latter dominating the demo.

The warmed-over NCIS proper was the night’s most-watched program, with 12.7 million total viewers, while New Girl Jess (and her oddly sexy old-timey newscaster bedroom voice) scored the best demo rating, with a 3.4.

TVLine’s Guide to Fall Finale and Winter Return Dates

A few other notes:

* Within ABC’s sitcombo, Last Man Standing (8.7 mil/2.6) dropped 16 percent in audience but inched up 8 percent in the demo, while Man Up (4.77 mil/1.6) plunged 28 and 6 percent. Paging Cougar Town!

* Glee (7.1 mil/3.0) was down 10 and 6 percent, just like New Girl, with both shows at season lows. Raising Hope (4.63 mil/2.2) in turn dropped 13 and 8 percent.

* The fall finale of 90210 was flat at 1.5 mil/0.8.

* Pushed back an hour by Michael Buble, The Biggest Loser averaged 6.7 million viewers and a 2.3 rating, dipping a few percentage points.

* An Unforgettable repeat led the 10 o’clock hour in total audience (with 7.8 million viewers), while the second half of TBL dominated the demo. Body of Proof (7.2 mil/1.5) was down 24 and 17 percent, hitting an all-time low in the demo (per TVByTheNumbers).

What were you tuned into this Tuesday?

1. Svenja says:

Even NCIS re-runs do kick other shows’ butts.

NCIS is like the best show on the air.

Loved last nights “New Girl”. It was darn awesome.

2. Bingo Sites says:

I am pretty sure NBC was expecting better numbers from the Michael Buble special, considering the guy is selling bucket loads of his Xmas CD.

• Templar says:

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t get Buble’s appeal. He’s like a rat pack wannabe. He acts like Bobby Darrin but without Darrin’s natural “cool”. He’s an adequate singer with zero charisma. What’s the deal?

• CJ says:

I think it’s about half people who like the old-fashioned-ness of it, and half who think they’re cool because they’re listing to old-fashioned music. He’s a decent singer, but in the end, he brings nothing but imitation to the table.

• Alienate says:

Buble is nothing but a swarmy wanna-be pushed by his super-connected father-in-law : David Foster.

I have been repulsed by this guy ever since I saw him on Idol about 5 years ago.

3. kevin says:

So disappointed for having BODY OF PROOF hitting a new low on its ratings because of UNFORGETTABLE and this is why it became the new hit series that people have mixed feelings about it and giving them a slap in the face. Hope PARENTHOOD returns in a month from now.

4. Amy says:

I wonder if the glee season low is because of last weeks sexist and offensive (to me it was) episode? It’s a shame because this weeks episode was actually pretty good.

5. Lily says:

Yay for NCIS!! This may seem like a silly question but what IS the demo rating and how does it compare to the total viewers? Thanks!

6. j says:

and it was horrible episode of ncis, too.

7. fernando says:

Oh my gosh Im going to cry Body Of Proof, did aweful last night, that is a series low.

I hope Revenge stays up in ratings tonight.

8. Jules says:

Still laughing! I’m not a fan of NCIS but even a repeat can beat the crap of GLEE…hihiihihi!!!!
    That show earn a spot to be @ 8 instead of those losers lip sinking badly to their own voices and crappy storylines…

9. Michael says:

just go to show NCIS is the best

10. Carolyn says:

Glee was excellent last night. Wonderful music, especially the Michael Jackson trio from New Directions. I assume that most young people don’t watch network tv whereas the older NCIS crowd doesn’t know how Netflix, I-tunes or Amazon streaming works. I guess I’m somewhere in the middle since I still watch tv now and then, but I’m definitely not ready for all those nursing home cop shows.

• Tori says:

The older NCIS crowd? Don’t you know that you insult young people (like me)that do watch it when you say stuff like that? Please don’t assume a certain show or network is only watched by a certain age group, when that’s obviously not true.