Hot Shots: It's a Very Glee-ful Christmas!

The first images from next Tuesday’s all-new Glee (Fox 8/7c) are out, and suffice it to say there will be an abundance of Christmas cheer when New Directions is tasked with performing at two different, overlapping holiday events.

Glee Tackling Michael Jackson Songbook: 5 Songs the Show Must Cover (and 5 to Avoid)

Elsewhere, super couples Rachel and Finn and Kurt and Blaine are seen exchanging gifts, and Sue — in what can only be called a Christmas miracle — finds herself volunteering at a children’s homeless shelter. Is the Grinch taking a year off?

Check out the gallery below and then weigh in with your thoughts in the comments!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. india says:

KLAINE <3
    So excited for next week!

• Kevin says:

Does this mean Santa Claus is gay?

• Rock Golf says:

Of course not. He’s just a man who likes to live with a group of short men, wears bright red, visits multiples home in one night, is a good gift selector and…

…oh my!

• GleeLove27 says:

Hey, if you saw the episode tonight, do you know if they even showed Blaine and Kurt exchanging gifts? I can’t find it! Hope they didn’t cut it. :(

2. Dave says:

Lea must hate the Glee costume department.

3. Kelly says:

4. Rose says:

Are they again ignoring that Puck and Rachel don’t even celebrate Christmas?

• JULIE says:

drives me nuts, too. didn’t make sense to me last year when Rachel was singing all these Christmas songs.

• Jon says:

Because Jews can’t sing Christmas songs?

• Tootz says:

The best Christmas songs were written by Jewish folk too! ;)
          Seriously though it is incredibly schumltzy how even the Jewish characters go so cheesy for Christmas, but then the whole show is so saccharine these days as to being vomit inducing.

• Rick says:

We can…and as per the poster below, we can write them too, however, why ignore the fact that we have our own happy holiday in December? I would die (Rachel Zoe style) for a Puckleberry take on the dreidl song.

• Grace says:

Kenny G is Jewish and released a Christmas album a while back. It was lovely, and fun. I’m pretty sure it’s allowable.

• Michelle says:

I’m a Jewish, and I celebrate Christmas with my boyfriend’s family. You don’t have to be a Christian to celebrate Christmas.

5. Wenders says:

Jane Lynch, are you going to make me cry again? Jane Lynch + small children = tears.

Not gonna lie, I love how cheesy this looks.

6. Trista says:

The color in those pictures is great! I’ve heard the soundtrack and am really looking forward to a great Christmas ep. Here’s hoping for some great Emma and Mr. Shue moments too!

7. Ash says:

wow Damian looks adorable finally the costume dept allowed him to not look like a leprechaun with big band hair lol

8. Liz B. says:

I know it’s technically a Christian holiday. However, in a lot of places, Christmas has become a secular celebration based on the spirit of giving and cheer rather than the birth of Jesus. I think it’s likely that Puck and Rachel would know Christmas songs, especially ones that aren’t religious (like Last Christmas and We Need A Little Christmas). Some nterfaith couples celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal that Rachel and Puck exchange Christmas gifts and know Christmas songs.

• jennrae says:

Not to mention how much Christmas music you learn in school. I’m sure Rachel, in particular, grew up singing in every school chorus from grade school on. For me, that was two choir concerts in elementary school, a Christmas-themed line dance routine for P.E. in middle school (I still don’t know what that was about), and four Christmas concerts in high school. It really has nothing to do with religion anymore. I mean, kids always had the option of opting out, but for the most part, we sang what we were told.

9. Puckleberry says:

I am worse than the Grinch (he was a turncoat, after all) and I seriously, seriously dislike xmas and I don’t care for holiday themed episodes. So to say I am not excited about next installment of Glee is an understatement. About the comment on Lea Michele and the costume dept, I agree this is one of the most unflattering dresses she’s had to put on. And it’s xmasy to top it off! Spare me the tackiness of the holidays (which, btw start this Friday for me… I was forced into one of those awful secret santa schemes! Groan!)

10. Matt says:

I’m amazed they chose Christmas to not outfit Damian in green.

11. Megan says:

Damien is adorable. They MUST bring him back.

12. Sue says:

More Mercedes – gimme a break! Can’t someone else get some screen time?

13. Darcy says:

I understand there are going to be 10 Christmas songs from the new album in the show (per Mr. Anders)and based on the pictures and the promo (which looked fantastic to me), it looks like this episode is going to be good cracky Glee fun! I want to be surprised by what Blaine is giving Kurt and what Finn is giving Rachel. I just hope we get to see Kurt giving Blaine a gift and Rachel giving Finn a gift … and not in the school hallway.

14. Dexter Q says:

Yay Damian! I hear Rory has a storyline on this one! Finally!!!

15. Maria says:

In this week’s episode (#8)Blaine got very aggresive towards Sam and yelled at him that he, Blaine, was not for sale. Kurt seemed as surprised by Blaine’s reaction to Sam’s dance moves as everyone else was. Do we learn more about Blaine’s back story (and his boxing)in episode #9 or later?

16. Macario says:

Damian looks great… as always.

17. Eliot says:

Mercedes looks smokin’ in that first slide. Dayum.

18. Anna says:

I love cheesy Christmas specials! This makes me extemely happy! Plus KLAINE!! <3