Castle Exclusive: Lost's Mark Pellegrino Travels Back in Time For Film Noir Episode

Castle has enlisted Lost and Supernatural vet Mark Pellegrino to headline its upcoming 1940s-set film noir-themed episode, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Pellegrino will play Tom Dempsey, a ruthless club owner from 1947 who has it out for a private eye and his best girl (who Castle imagines as himself and Beckett) and whose shadowy dealings may be tied to a murder Castle and Beckett are investigating in the present day.

Castle Gets “Cuffed”: We Unlock the Best Quotes

The trippy episode is slated to air during February sweeps, which means it’ll likely coincide with [SPOILER ALERT] Pellegrino’s one-episode return to Syfy’s Being Human.

1. AnaB says:

Best guest casting EVER!!!!! =D

2. Mairead says:

A Noir episode? Yes please. This is going to be amazing.
    Loving Castle this season.

3. John says:

YEEEESSS! I LOVE this guy!

4. Sierra says:

Looking forward to this episode and like the casting choice. Isn’t he playing Brenda’s lawyer on “The Closer” too? If so I love him on there. Thanks for the scoopage, Mike.

• nitemar says:

Yes, still is Brenda’s lawyer. He was on last night. Great actor. Looking forward for this sure be classic episode. I remember when Scully and Mulder on X-Files when “back in time” on the Queen Mary ship episode. Still is one of my all time favorites. :)

• nitemar says:

It’s Queen Anne liner.

• KittySunshine says:

Actually, it was filmed on the Queen Mary, which is docked in the Port of Long Beach. That was one of my fave X-Files as well. And if you’re ever in Long Beach, take the time to tour the Queen Mary. It’s a great ship full of history.

• nitemar says:

Thanks, I remember now about the filming on the Queen Mary and the actors talking about it. Great memories! :)

• @nitemar says:

Yes, “Triangle” was one of the show’s best episodes. Loved the directing too, which I think Chris Carter won an Emmy or something for. If this episode is on that level I will be quite happy.

5. Sue says:

OH YEAH!!! Love me some Jacob and Love me some Castle…Together = Schwing!!! HeeHee!!!!

6. Sylvia says:

This is exactly why I might give up on this show. I love Mark Pellegrino but this episode sounds stupid.

7. GK says:

He is one of the best actors ever! This is such an awesome news! His portrayal of Jacob, Lucifer and Bishop were brilliant!

8. Renee says:

And I’ll always remember him from Dexter.

9. Heh says:

Yes yes! Noir episode. January, where are you???

• Josh72601 says:

i know man i love this show! i hope that Castle and Kate will start a relationship this season. I think if the Castle writers get Rick and Kate together, that it wouldnt end the show, like others. I think if they keep on solving cases like they always do, mix that with a little romance between Kate and Rick, and we cant forget about Kates mothers murder! I think that the show and also hope the show will see past 8 seasons.

10. DL says:

Sounds awesome! And might we actually get to see Castle and Beckett get a little lovey-dovey in his imagination?

11. Mickey says:

Look forward to it, sounds like a great ep. 1940s ilm noir? I’m there. I hope he comes back to Supernatural too, he’s awesome as Hallucifer!

12. Brennan says:

Love Pellegrino!! Btw, that creepy chick unfolding this page scares the crap out of me!!

13. kirads09 says:

I really liked him on Lost. I have been loving Pelligrino as Brenda’s attorney on The Closer.
    This sounds like a great Castle episode!

14. Danielle H says:

Hahah, will love Nathan in this one. He’ll be too funny.

15. Ariana says:

Two of my favorite shows ever! Castle and Being Human! I am a happy camper. :)

16. Liz Arbogast says:

Not a big fan of the actor. I do love Castle! If the actors have fun shooting the episode I’m sure it will be great.

17. Chris says:

You’re going to give up on a great show because of an episode paying homage to a classic genre, Sylvia? Ok then.

18. Jolie says:

This may just be my favorite episode and I haven’t even seen it. Mark Pellegrino. Excuse me while I freak out.

19. Blair says:

So excited!!!! Everyone is already comparing it to the Bones ‘it-was-all-a-dream’ episode, personally I think Noir is a much more tasteful approach to the whole fantasy plot. It’d be cool if some people could CHILL OUT over the “OMG, BONES DID THIS!” thing. ‘Cause they didn’t.

20. TJCrinc says:

castle got trippy because he accidentally drank a couple fingers of “evil juice”.

21. wooster182 says:

YAY! These two are the closest thing to Nick and Nora we’ve seen…well, since William Powell and Myrna Loy. No doubt they had the Thin Man in mind when they wrote this episode. And Pelligrino is such a great actor. Count me in!

22. Ryan says:

This should be good, although I hope they write good ‘alternate’ roles for the Castle cast members who belong to a minority. Jon Huertas, Penny Jerald, Tamala Jones. In the 40’s they wouldn’t have had very high jobs, but that doesn’t mean they have to play the dishwasher or shoeshine man. Just because racism was around doesn’t mean it’s necessary

23. Judy McCauley says:

You bet I want him back. He is great.