Gossip Girl Recap: Blair Chooses [Spoiler]!

[Warning: If you’ve yet to watch Monday’s Gossip Girl, avert your eyes…now! Everyone else, read on…]

Monday’s Gossip Girl‘s fall finale was chock full of feelings — some confessed, some rekindled and some kept hidden. Oh yes, and there also that big [spoiler alert] that should keep viewers in a tizzy until the show’s return on Jan. 16. Until then, here’s what went down in this week on the Upper East Side.

Gossip Girl: 8 Things to Know About Episode 100 (aka Blair’s Royally Iffy Wedding)

DAIR CONFESSIONS | After talking with Serena, Dan realized he was the only person not to have changed since his book. Rufus suggested he confess his feelings to Blair. At the very least, it would help him move on. Dan got his perfect opportunity to do so when Blair decided to seek refuge from the paparazzi at his loft in Brooklyn. But all she wanted to talk about was her Louis vs. Chuck dilemma. She was completely oblivious to what he was trying to tell her even as he admitted it wouldn’t matter to him if her child wasn’t his.

SERENA CAN’T QUIT | Serena dwelled on the past after looking over old Gossip Girl blasts about her poor life decisions. She was particularly wistful when talking to Rufus about Dan being the only good guy she’s dated besides Nate. Uh oh, are those old feelings coming up again? It certainly seemed that way when she tried to talk Dan out of admitting his feelings to Blair, believing it would mess with her friend’s happy ending. As a safety measure, S decided to help Louis win back his would-be bride. (Serena, remember how said you made really terrible romantic decisions? Well, thinking Louis belongs with Blair qualifies as another one.) In the end, both Dan and Louis lost in the battle for Blair’s heart. Dan told Blair he knew how to give her the one thing she wants – to be happy – and escorted her blindfolded to a secret, candlelit location. It seemed like he was finally going to seize his moment, but alas, he had arranged a secret get together for Chuck and Blair after seeing how in love she is with him. Oh, Lonely Boy, forever Lonely.

Gossip Girl Wedding Exclusive: Who’s Invited to Blair’s Big Day — and Who’s NOT!

CHAIR QUESTIONS | Earlier in the loft, Dan advised Blair to compile pro and con lists re: Louis and Chuck. Chuck, pro: Finally a good man. Chuck, con (via Dan): He slept with every woman in New York. Louis, pro: He’s a prince and – the thing that stopped Blair dead in her tracks – the father of her child. “I can make all the lists in the world, but what else matters?” she asked. Blair took Dan’s confession about not caring about the baby’s father as a sign to call Chuck. “Do you think you can love another man’s child?” she asked him. Chuck chickened out and told her he couldn’t make that decision for her. “You’re the one who has to live with it,” he said. “I can’t imagine it would be a mistake to marry the father of your child.” After seeing that there were still some risks even Chuck would not take, Blair decided that Louis would have to be her prince after all. But lucky for these two crazy kids, they found an unexpected matchmaker in Dan. “I’m going to love your baby as much as I love you,” Chuck finally told Blair.

Gossip Girl Exclusive: Michelle Trachtenberg Returning For [MAJOR SPOILER ALERT]!

CHARLIE’S GUILT | Charlie learned Max was outside her big debut party and tipped Gossip Girl off to Chuck and Blair’s rendezvous in an attempt to shut down the event and thwart Max. As Chuck and Blair left together in Nate’s car, which was leaking some fluid that makes accidents happen — is Tripp trying to kill his cousin?! — the paps chased after them, causing a very Princess Diana-esque car crash. At the hospital, Serena and Nate resolved anew to finally take down Gossip Girl, while Charlie was rightfully feeling guilty for sending in the tip. She even confessed to Rufus that she was the fraud, not Max, although it barely seemed to register with Rufus amid all the chaos and news of Blair and Chuck’s condition. The princess-to-be was awake and responsive, but there was no mention of her baby. Chuck, however, had fared far worse. Lily didn’t say exactly what happened, but her face spoke volumes. Still, it’s probably safe to say the only fatality here will be Blair’s unborn child. The unknown element is what do Diana Payne and Jack Bass have to do with all of this? How do they know each other? And will Charlie get away in time before she’s exposed to everyone? Or will Rufus keep mum?

Gossip Girl fans, what did you think of the fall finale? What do you make of Blair and Chuck’s fate, romantically and medically? Are you disappointed Dan didn’t tell Blair about his feelings? And are you hoping for a Dan/Serena redux?

1. George says:

I hope serena and dan get back together at some point after the break. I belive blair will have lost the child, although if chuck losses his life by any chance it will destroy the series.
    Still a great ending, sure to be watching when its on again.

2. lexie says:

My favorite part was, by far, Chuck and Blair. These two simply make the show for me and this episode told me that, despite the never ending, tedious obstacles, these two are in love and will always find their way back to each other. From Chuck saying,”I’m going to love your baby as much as I love you,” to Blair saying, “You’re all I ever wanted.I love you. I love every part of you” to Chuck- they just had me during their scenes. I know the writers are probably setting up more obstacles but it’s just clear to me these two are made for each other and though it was short lived, it was mature and these two just truly love each other. What gripping moments for this viewer.

3. Rk says:

Sorry for the double post. It was accidental. My computer is kind of stupid.

4. torontogirl98 says:

I have come up with an amazing totally out there for the wedding and how everything with C/B ends. The clue about GiGi the episode title for the 100th episode got me thinking that its Chuck that Blair ends up marrying- think about it have we actually seen any confirmation of the Groom or any pics of Louis or Chuck at the wedding? Going off the movie plot what I get is that Blair falls for Chuck but he never really treats her as good as he deserves. But one day he comes to the striking realization he needs here and would do anything for her including marrying her. I think that after the time jump that is where we end up at CB wedding. This is what I am thinking even thought is may just be self delusional

• Tori says:

There is a link on the first page to some pics of Blair and Louis kissing and they are standing in front of a car that has JUST MARRIED writtenon it.. :/
      It sucks..I def. don’t feel Blair has ‘changed her mind’ about her feelings for Chuck so there has to be some reason behind it all..I don’t know why Louis would WANT to marry her tho after she loses the baby running off to be with Chuck!! But even the rumors of her and Dan getting close in the next half of the season indicate that Chair is NOT a go. I don’t think that Dair will be romantic tho. I think it will be just them having more screentime together. If anything this last epidsode proved was that Blair and Chuck love EACHOTHER not anyone else. Even Dan realized that. And if she does end up marrying Louis it won’t be because she chose him over Chuck and Dan will know that too.

• Paige says:

I’ve seen those photos too — HOWEVER they could be a dream sequence!! I am with torontogirl98 – I think it does end up being Chuck and Blair’s wedding! It so fits — I’ve been trying to work out how the title ties in…

• BBB says:

On the Leaked photos off the wedding day Georgina comes back and she is holding newspapers wher Blair is with Prince on the front page :-(

5. Sami says:

I like all of the men for different reasons.

Blair/Louis: Financially, their love makes sense. With Louis, Blair would have the rest of her life handed to her. Although there have been some mistakes on his part here recently, in all honesty he keeps forgiving Blair for all her secrets and odd behavior. He does love her.

Blair/Chuck: These two are the most obvious couple because they have the most raw, dirty, sexual passion. No matter what happens, they end up back where they were seasons ago in the back of a limo making love. Their love is toxic but real.

Blair/Dan: The least obvious choice, but one that makes total sense. I realized that they have a true connection when they were arguing over the arts. Over time, Blair has realized that Dan isnt the depressed loser she thought he was. Dan realized that Blair has more to her than her lifestyle. They really respect each other. Right now, Blair is too emotionally wrapped up in other situations to see that Dan is standing right in front of her, no judgement, arms wide open.

As much as I love the other men and wouldnt be upset if she ended up with any of them, as of right now I am cheering for Dan. I think he can offer something the other guys cant.

Although I do like Serena, I like Blair more & I am very much enjoying Blair getting so much attention for once while Serena is sitting somewhere in the background.

Where is Nate? I miss his character. He is a even-tempered man with a good heart and morals… I am bummed out by the fact that they keep pushing him aside and having hook with random woman who pretty much all have some secret life or hidden motive. I would love to see more focus on him, hopefully in a strong relationship with a decent girl.

The character of Ivy really surprised me when she outted herself and took off. Not sure why, but i really had it in my mind that they were just going to push Max away and she was going to be a permanant Rhodes family member. I think at some point we will be hearing from her again. I would love to find out information on the REAL Charlie Rhodes.

Diana Payne & Jack Bass… what the hell? Obviously Diana has some sort of tie to the Bass family. Although Jack brings nothing but trouble, I like his dark humor and enjoy seeing him from time to time.

Overall… waiting until January 16th seems impossible right about now.

6. Sara says:

I just want to know what the hell happened to the real Charlie Rhodes!

7. Tanya says:

Maybe the wedding is just a dream whilst blair is recovering or whilst chuck is in a coma? The royal wedding definitely will not go on due to the obvious true love between B and C. Not sure about the baby but they will both live.

8. Haley says:

I love serena, serena is the only reason am watching gossip girl. Blair and chuck will make a wonderful couple, is fate that brought them together and they shared great love. Dan and serena will make a wonderful couple too, the only person that believe and undersand serena is dan, this two are great together. Cant wait to watch the final episode.

9. angela says:

Dan ruins everything!!!!!!!!!!! The two best couples are Serena&Nate and Chuck&Blair! But of course then Dan has to come along and ruin the two happy couples! WHY WHY WHY! please writers, cant you just make dan a really famous book writer who is constantly travelling and then hes not on the show! YAY now everybody is happy!

10. 60 Second Options tend to be on the list of easiest techniques available to raise
    your wages right now. When persons buy and sell 60
    Second Options, there’re basically controlling bodily, tradable 60 Second Options. Range method provides consumers a “range” associated with cost hindrances, 1 large and something minimal. In the states, economic indications talk about the health of the usa overall economy. And this helps make 60 Second Options night time dealing a viable, along with occasionally worthwhile, choice that many merchants take pleasure in.