Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on How I Met Your Mother, Spartacus, Revenge, Bones, Grimm and More!

[ask_ausiello_show]Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: I have a burning How I Met Your Mother question from Monday’s episode. When Future Ted says that Robin never becomes a pole-vaulter, was that a confirmation that she never becomes a mom? —Pat
Ausiello: Actually, the confirmation came four years ago, according to exec producer Carter Bays. “I would point people to the episode from Season 3 [titled] ‘Little Boys,’ he says. “In that episode, Robin’s grappling with the fact that she doesn’t particularly like children. And it ends with [Future Ted] explaining that she did go on to eventually like children in the form of Ted’s kids.” In case there remains any doubt, Bays states for the record that Robin “doesn’t become a mom.”

Question: Monday’s HIMYM felt like the beginning of a “cooling off” period between Robin and Barney. Please tell me I’m wrong. —Tricia
Ausiello: Sorry, you’re right. “We’re going to see Barney moving on in the remainder of the season,” confirms Bays, referring to the arrival of Becki Newton as his new love interest. And what about Robin and Ted (who ended the fall run on a particularly poignant note). “I’m sentimental about those two,” concedes the boss man. “She’s an important girl in his life. That’s never going to quite go away.”

Question: Please tell this Revenge addict the dead guy on the beach is someone other than Daniel. I love the way Josh Bowman has played this unwitting pawn in Emily’s plot. I’d hate to see him go. —Cindy
Ausiello: You better believe that was the first question I asked leading lady Emily VanCamp when she dropped by TVLine’s new Times Square headquarters on Tuesday. All she would say is that the “original plan” called for Daniel to be the dead man beached. And the current plan…? “I don’t think [the producers] are completely certain,” she hedged. “I guess the best thing I can say is that nothing is as ever as it seems on this show.” Well, one thing is as it seems: VanCamp confirms that “someone is dead on the beach. That I can say.”

Question: January’s coming fast. Got any new scoop on One Tree Hill? —Aimee
Ausiello: The series-ending epilogue will be sports-themed.

Question: Hey, Mr. Man-in-the-Know — do you have any scoop on Grimm? I wasn’t sure about this show at first, but my family and I watched the first episode online last night and added it to our DVR list before it even ended! —Cindy
Ausiello: This Friday’s episode is a big one for everyone’s favorite blutbad, Monroe. Not only will we watch as he struggles to contain his wild side, but we’ll also observe his romantic side when his former flame (played by Eureka‘s Jaime Ray Newman) comes to Portland and really, ahem, tests his discipline.

Question: Do you have anything on Parks and Recreation? —Brooke
Ausiello: Leslie gets hooked on PCP in Thursday’s episode. The twist? I’m not talking about the addictive narcotic! The scandal-ridden public servant, reeling from her work suspension and campaign collapse, uses her free time to form a militant citizen group, Parks Committee of Pawnee. Her first order of business? Adding Yahtzee to the rec center’s game room. The Christmas-themed outing also features the (hilarious) returns of Ben Schwartz’s sneaker salesman Jean-Ralphio and Jason Mantzoukas’ fragrance mogul Dennis Feinstein, and marks the long-awaited introduction of Ron Swanson’s miniature marshmallow doppelganger. (I smell a spinoff! Or at the very least a mid-afternoon snack!)

Question: Do you have any spoilers on Chuck? —Nick
Ausiello: In the Christmas episode “Chuck vs. The Santa Suit” (airing Dec. 23), both Chuck and Sarah find themselves on the receiving end of big ol’ smooches from other people — and one of the people delivering a kiss is most definitely not a friendly.

Question: After watching this week’s Gossip Girl fall finale, can you please give us some scoop on whether Chuck lives or dies? —Torie
Ausiello:  Considering Chuck is present at Blair’s royal wedding on Jan. 30, I’m going to go out on a limb and say he survives the car wreck. Unless, of course, Gossip Girl is about to venture into Weekend at Bernie’s territory.

Question: Please give me something good about Dair — like, possibly, Dan confessing his feelings to Blair at the hospital? —Jessie
Ausiello: You mean the prospect of Chuck dying isn’t enough to tide you over until January? Wow, you Dair ‘shippers are hard to please. I’m afraid I don’t have any good news to share… right now. But in early January, I will unload a scoop about the 100th episode that will make your Dair-lovin’ hearts explode. That’s right, I said explode. As in: This spoiler is so awesome it may actually kill you.

Question: Please get us some news on Spartacus: Vengeance. You have been way to quiet about this show! —Seena
Ausiello: Well, since I just received (and screened) the first two episodes (airing Jan. 27 and Feb. 3), right now seems like a perfect time for me to break my silence, don’t you think? Now then, I’ll admit it was bittersweet diving back into the action so soon after Andy Whitfield’s death. And, as strong a first impression as his successor, Liam McIntyre, makes, Andy’s spirit loomed large for me throughout the first episode. How could I — or anyone — watch Spartacus 2 without thinking about Spartacus 1? But by Episode 2, I was fully immersed in what was going on on-screen. So much so that I can say — and happily, I might add — that both the character and the show remain in top form. In fact, the series continues to push the envelope where blood and sex are concerned. (The gauntlet’s been thrown, True Blood.) Within the first two episodes, there’s an orgy as well as some of the most brutal slayings ever. (Seriously — Lorena Bobbit would be proud.) There’s also a heartbreaking death that is preceded by an even more heartbreaking last wish. Oh, and as those promos made pretty clear, Lucretia’s alive and she’s bats#*! crazy!

Question: Got any scoop on Aaron Sorkin’s new HBO drama More as this Story Develops — like a premiere date? —Bea
Ausiello: It’ll probably bow in the spring under the new title Newsroom.

Question: Ummm… that Carrie Preston Good Wife scoop needs to be spilled, sir! —Shane
Ausiello: Ummm… You’re right! It does. She’ll be representing Will in his battle with the S.A. office. Sucks to be Wendy Scott-Carr right about now.

Question: Now that we’ve been given the devastating news about Bonessixth episode being delayed, how about some awesome spoilers to get us through to January 2012? —Susan
Ausiello: When the show launches its spring run in March, Brennan will still be with child. But for how much longer? “That is the question,” teases series creator Hart Hanson. “How soon will she have the baby? It could happen [right away in Episode 7].” Hmm… The title of that particular episode is “The Prisoner in the Pipe,” and it’s been rumored that Brennan goes into labor in a prison. You see where I’m going with this?

Question: Can you please give me some scoop about Community? I am really going to miss it during the “indefinite hiatus.” —Amy
Ausiello: At least the show is going out on a high note — as in the show’s writers had to be high when they penned the fall/winter finale. As previously reported by TVLine’s Megan Masters, Thursday’s holiday-centric musical episode finds the Greendale gang filling in for the absentee glee club — and the results are pitch-perfect. Highlights include an Abed/Troy rap video that is sure to become a viral phenomenon, a running (and good-natured) dig at Glee involving ********s, a great callback to “Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design,” and this line from Britta about the song-and-dance frenzy taking hold the study group: “I wish there was a way we could stop all this. I realize the stakes aren’t actually that high, but somehow that just makes it extra scary.” Oh, and I almost forgot: It all ends with a shocking murder confession!

Question: I’ll take any Pretty Little Liars scoop you’ve got! —Lila
Ausiello: Lucy Hale says that just because Aria’s parents will be clued into her romance with Ezra during Season 2.5, it doesn’t mean they — specifically her dad — will like it. Instead, the reveal “only causes more problems,” the actress tells TVLine’s Matt Mitovich. “There’s a lot of friction between Aria and her parents because of this big bombshell that she drops.” As a result, she promises “more sneaking around” and “a lot more lying, obviously. It’s Pretty Little Liars!”

Question: Any scoop on 90210? —Sumaiyah
Ausiello: The bitch is back! I’m talking about Naomi’s sis Jen, who resurfaces early next year with demon spawn in tow.[/ask_ausiello_show]

[ask_ausiello_hide]Question: What’s the haps on my fave new show Ringer? I am going through some serious withdrawal pains and still have five weeks to get through! Don’t leave a girl hanging! —Carly
Ausiello: It sounds like Det. Machado is getting a new adversary. The show is adding a cocky male agent who “handles his new investigation according to his own agenda.” My guess? The slick newbie will be tasked with solving Gemma’s murder.[/ask_ausiello_hide]

[ask_ausiello_show]Question: Any scoop on Sons of Anarchy, preferably about the fate of Tara? —Kori
Ausiello: If she thought Season 4 was a bitch, wait until she gets a load of what lies ahead in Season 5 (assuming she survives tonight’s finale) — or, I should say, who lies ahead. Series creator Kurt Sutter confirms that Drea de Matteo’s recovering junkie will be back in a big way next fall, presumably to make good on her threat to bond with her son with Jax. “I will tell you that we are definitely bringing Drea back,” he says. “We signed her up for six episodes, and we brought her in for two this season, so we’ll have her in at least four next season. And if I need her for more, I’m sure I can work that out.” (BTW, make a beeline for TVLine after tonight’s finale. You won’t regret it!)

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. (Additional reporting by Vlada Gelman and Meg Masters)[/ask_ausiello_show]

1. Madison says:

Dair and Serenate are my favorite too!!!! I would love for them to be end game :) even though they probably won’t be.

2. Jenna says:

Not surprised at all about the Robin and Barney news. I am disappointed though. If it’s not Robin, I really don’t care who he marries. I think the writers have botched this one. No one has as good as chemistry with Barney than Robin; anything else they do from here on out will seem forced, IMO.

3. Faye says:

I will always love Robin and Ted, thank you, Carter Bays, for having a soft spot for them. I still believe!

4. Kate says:

No spoilers on Supernatural, Hart of Dixie, Mentalist, Castle, House, Covert Affairs or Glee this week makes this a bad spoiler week. What do you think everyone is only interested in Gossip Girl and Revenge? UGH.

5. Svenja says:

I’m having mixed feelings about HIMYM.
    Yes, I ship Barney/Robin, but I am not that passionate about it.
    Still, I believe the show lost its focus.
    It is a comedy, right?
    Why doesn’t it make me laugh anymore?
    It’s not a drama.
    It can have some elements of a drama (I even approve of that), but it’s almost like they lost their comedy mojo

6. Alexia says:

What is the speciality of Dan Blair on GG than other couples? why is GG dragging this out too much? Nate and Serena were even hotter than them but they were short lived. isn’t it enough about this DB crap? they should wrap this up and move on, I am bored actually.
    I am glad Chuck is living. I hope he wisks Blair away from her wedding.I want to see more of the iconic half season finale episode but with a happy ending for Chuck and Blair.

7. lois says:

screw dair i hate them they are ridiculous dan is a pathetic loser stay away from blair dan she will never love you.God this show disgusts me who cares about dair

8. Tammy says:

Remember when Serena/Blair was going to be the focus of the 100th? That seems so long ago. I really do not think it matters what we think of the show. The ratings have never been worse. Dair or Chair I don’t think anyone wanted a fan war. If you watch early episodes the friendships trumped all and plots actually started and finished. Now it is a jumbled mess where they seem unable to finish any storylines and they spend more time looking for movies to copy then on actually making the show and dialogue make sense.

I have to wonder if they will even get 1 million viewers by the time the 100th rolls around. Gossip Girl acts like a show in it’s 9th season that is out of ideas it is actually quite alarming that it is only season 5.

9. Mia says:

After the Gossip Girl episode and all the wonderful Chair stuff followed by the accident I was thinking that the second half might be one to skip. Now it seems I have confirmation to not watch it. I could care less about anything Dan and Blair, give me Chuck and Blair and then you will have my interest and attention.
    The show is truly at its best when it has Chair at the front of its story telling.

10. Carrie says:

I know that sounds really stupid but i start to think the 100th episode will be a dream .. maybe chuck is in a coma and he dreams about blairs wedding ..it will be totally crazy and we´ll will be shocked .. but then chuck wakes up and we all will be like “OMG IT WAS JUST A DREAM” its really soapy i know .. but i wouldn´t be suprised .. its gossip girl.. and i really have no other theory how the wedding still happens after last episode

11. I wonder why HIMYM was so vague in their wording in the actual episode last night if Robin really never does become a mom? They could have easily said that flat out. I thought they were trying to be tricky. Also, I expected they’d ease up on Barney and Robin stuff for a bit, but obviously it’s not going to be forgotten. Barney thinks she’s his soul mate, and the gang is going to find out about their hookup sooner or later.

12. Little Scarf Girl says:

And I assume the reoccuring dig at Glee is going to be about “regionals,” since in the preview clip they have Pierce making a snide comment about them. Looking forward to it!

13. miri says:

Yeah I call it when Ausiello said that Carrie Preston will be back to The Good Wife!!! That’s going to Great!!!! And it’s allways sucks to be wndy Scott Carr

14. Kim says:

Just a correction on Grimm . . . . . It was moved to Thursday night at 10pm.

15. Jason says:

Once again, the Gossip Girl nutjobs are out in full force, declaring “I’ll never watch again if so-and-so are together.” Good grief. Grow up and do us all a favor: stop watching now, so we don’t have to listen to your petty whining week after week. If you only knew how asinine you sound…

16. Julia says:

Where’s the Glee scoop? :x

17. harum scarum says:

well obviously chuck won’t die! because Chair is endgame…which makes Dair irrelevant but whatever…

18. Amy says:

Yay that was my request for Community scoop. Thank you. I hope NBC brings back Community before March

19. MSC says:

Chuck and Blair will end up together so I’ll just skip the boring segment called Dair and then get back to regular viewing on Gossipgirl when Chuck and Blair are back together.

20. dora says:

If GG ratings are low now I can’t wait to see how low they’ll go with DB. They got us to this place with their arc last year and now the writers want to continue that trend.I watch for Chuck and Blair only now so with these spoilers it looks like I’ll be skipping GG entriely

21. potates says:

I thought at the end of the first episode, that the mother will be someone else, but that they divorce and in the end ted and robin end up together. That spoiler pretty much confirms that.

22. John says:

Sigh. With that episode HIMYM just got deleted from my TiVo season pass list. Just about every episode this season has simply made me more and more tired of the show. Ah well, the gimmick lasted longer than I had ever expected and many shows lose it in a far shorter period. (Dark Angel I’m looking at you.)

23. Jessica says:

The HIMYM spoiler about Barney “just moving on” is rather annoying. Why did the show spend the last 13 episodes (if you count last season’s finale) focusing on Robin secretly wanting Barney, and then Barney realizing that Robin is his soul-mate, if it’s just being dropped?

I love this show and will continue to watch it, but it feels like they’re jerking the fans around a bit. I personally enjoy Robin and Barney together (I think they’re well-suited for each other) but if you’re not going in that direction, don’t maintain such a focus on it and then abruptly slam the door shut. It’s jarring and doesn’t make sense in the context of how you’ve been telling the story.

24. dx says:

The DB relationship has been built up for one hundred episodes.
    DB show what true love is.
    You 16 year old chair fangirls can scream all you like.
    But your ship will never be as romantic as dair…
    After a 100 episodes db deserve to be together period.

25. bhm1304 says:

Can’t wait for the return of “Spartacus”, I need my Viva Bianca fix as soon as possible.

26. Petra says:

No Dair please, not ever!! Chuck and Blair FTW!

27. clare says:

Thank you Michael for that Spartacus news. I will find the absence of Andy to be hard but I’m glad you feel that Liam does a good job with the role.
    Crazy Lucretia will be interesting!

28. Rissa says:

OMG if your serious about that Dair spoiler that your o so quietly keeping. Then omg what the heck am i gonna do aaaaaaaaaaahh these writers are gonna kill me i can’t wait i love DAIR

29. em says:

So I’d say to calm down, but I realize that’s a tough demand for both Chair and Dair fans, so here’s my 2 cents. I love Dair, but I’m going to assume that even IF Blair runs away with Dan, it’s because Dan will tell her that she’s making a huge mistake by marrying Louis (esp if the baby’s gone and that was basically her only reason for staying with Louis), and not because she’s actually running away to be with Dan. Because at least that would make sense. So it’s still not the ending Dair fans would want. Whatever big Dair spoiler Ausiello’s alluding to will probably be somehow Chair-related or just friends territory.
    And the Community episode is going to be fantastic. I think I read there’s a running joke about wtf regionals is, and I love when Troy and Abed sing. No one can top the Spanish rap!

30. Michelle says:

Okay first off Dair and Chair shippers need to stop being a**holes to each other. CHILL OUT, ITS JUST A SHOW WITH FAKE RELATIONSHIPS!!!

I will definitely say I am a Dair fan at the moment but want Chair together when it comes to the season finale. Especially after last nights episode, chair fans should be a fan of Dan, not ripping him apart! If I remember correctly the producers have said their are Chair moments in the wedding episode. So stop freaking out about about which ship is going to rule that episode until we know more about it.

And for those of you who say your not going to watch a show because Dair is the forefront for an episode are hurting the ratings. If you want Chair to get back together or at least see that before the series ends you have to watch whats going on now so that the writers have time to develop a way for Chair to get together and stay together (if that’s what they choose).

Finally writers are creative people who go with where their imagination, brain and heart lead them. So they are not going to based their writing decisions 100% on the fan base. That would cause a writers block if it is not truly what they want to do or the story line would be crap.

So everyone stop attack each other and pray that the show does not get cancelled because then neither of the ships will get to see their couples together much longer!

31. BOnes says:

Brennen does go into labor in the 7th episode at the prison. She doesn’t give birth at a hospital or the prison though.

32. Jamey says:

While I ship DAIR, I would like to say that I will watch the show and appreciate most of the writing regardless. I do not get everything I want in real life and the writers do not always write what I wish… and that makes watching much more fun for me. Of Course, it would be awesome if they would write that Dan and Blair finally actually get together, but I will keep watching and keeping an open mind regardless. They changed me from a Chair fan to a Dair fan before… so, who knows?

33. Annie says:

Revenge’s dead guy on the beach. I hope it’s Tyler. His ambition is just annoying.

34. Cheryl says:

Barney and Robin have to end up together. The writers have invested too much into the Barney/Robin relationship and viewers will not be satisfied with any other relationship for Barney at the end of this season. The viewers did not like Nora and unfortuntely do not like Kevin. Even people that are not fans of their relationship respect them together in the end

35. Captain Average says:

How do I get past the ‘Get a bonus Ask Ausiello question on Facebook’ that invariably blocks an important part of an answer to a question on this website?

It’s REALLY annoying!

36. Annoyed says:

That bonus Ask Ausiello question on Facebook box blocks out wording, it’s really annoying.