Supernatural Scoop: Misha Collins Returning!

It’s official: Misha Collins is set return to The CW’s Supernatural later this season.

Specifically, a spokesperson for Warner Bros. TV says that Collins will appear as a guest star in Episode 17 as well as in “at least two additional episodes” beyond that — though not necessarily as fallen angel Castiel.

“It has always been our intention to bring back Misha in some form,” executive producer Sera Gamble hedged shortly after Castiel famously exited the canvas earlier this season. “We certainly can’t say too much about where the story is going to go, but we love Misha and want to continue to work with him.”

This past Friday, Supernatural aired this season’s 10th episode, which served as the fall finale. The CW series returns with fresh episodes on Jan. 6.

Around or before the time Collins resurfaces on Supernatural, he will also be guesting on The CW’s Ringer, appearing in that freshman thriller’s 14th episode.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Scoop

1. Marc says:

Now THAT’S a tease! Wonder how long until the complaints start pouring in. lol

• Snapy says:

How ’bout right now? I can’t f***ing stand Castiel/Misha, so this is bad, horrible news. Ugh! Hopefully it’s just for these three episodes and that’s IT.

• Jeff says:

Sorry about your bad taste.

• Oo says:

Ah Snapy! Always the first to whine about everything!

• Dilys says:

The wild explosion of glee on twitter, Misha trending worldwide would seem to indicate that you are very far in the minority. People are celebrating wildly. Many of us love Misha and Cas and are thrilled. So if the PTB are looking at comments here, the negativity by a few Cas haters who rush to post nasty comments are just sad and not at all representative of many of the fans who are thrilled.

• Abi Devito says:

What the FUDGE is WRONG with you!? If you cant appreciate what a BIG part Castiel/Misha has been to the SPN series you are seriously messed up!

• lungimsp says:

Who is this crazy fool, castiel saved the show in season 4, his addition was epic, and his appearance where always inch perfect, he will be a welcome return…

• James says:

So, Spnl had one of the best episodes with Bobby’s last week. It was one of the most heartfelt and best episodes ever in tv history, and not many commented on that. I love Castiel, but now we know what half of the fandom really cares about! Ugh!

• Jennifer says:

James – SO many people commented on Bobby’s last episode. I think that there were tears worldwide to be honest. If you look on Facebook & Twitter they exploded with the cliffhanger that Supernatural left us with. It was heartbreaking thinking that this might be one of the last time’s we see Bobby’s character.

• mfluder says:

Nobody is denying the episode was brilliant and heartfelt. But whereas Bobby received the send-off he deserved, respectful of his role in Dean and Sam’s lives and friend and father figure, Castiel – acknowledged by Dean a like a brother, as family, and somebody who sacrificed his own life for them many times, and who saved Dean, Sam and Bobby at different times – was given a 3 minute interlude in the opening teaser of an episode. No redemption, no heartfelt goodbyes, no justice to a character who has played a major role in Dean and Sam’s life.

So forgive the Misha/Castiel fans for being a little overjoyed because we see in Misha’s return – hope – that if Castiel is to be exited, like Bobby has, he may get the exit he deserves.

And if we’re really lucky, TPTB will see once again the potential of the character and, angelic or not, keep him around to be part of Dean and Sam’s lives now and again.

And if we’re super really lucky, Bobby will be back, too.

• Rain says:

Not everyone agrees with you that last week was the best episode ever. I completely hated it – although I’m well aware that I’m in the minority on that.

Misha returning is the only detail I’ve heard so far making me excited for the next half of the season! And no, I’m not one of Misha’s Minions that whined and complained that I wouldn’t watch without him. I love Jensen and Jared and will stick with the show until the bitter end just to see them – regardless of how unhappy I’ve been with the writing and direction of the show these last few weeks.

• Bauble says:

I had already given up on season 7, so that’s good news…only…please, please, please, don’t screw it up show, as you are so fond to do. I don’t like the “(to bring Misha) back in some form” – part, though. I want Misha back as Castiel, I want for him the chance to redeem himself and for the Winchesters to eventually forgive him. And if the show wants to get rid of him again for whatever stupid reason, I’d really like for him to have a proper, dignified send-off this time that doesn’t end in death. Than I may finally be able to quit the show for good with some other feelings than bitterness, anger and hate.

2. Stef says:

I want to twirl with happiness!! I’m sure I’ll bitch later, but right now I’m just too happy to care about the details. CASTIEL!!! :D

3. Brooke says:

Well, duh. His “death” scene didn’t have any sense of permanency about it. We didn’t even see his body explode – and when we DID (season 5 finale), that didn’t even mean his permanent end.

• Carrie says:

Yeah, we always knew he was coming back. I don’t know if he’ll still be playing Castiel, but I like the actor, so I’ll just be happy to see him again. I don’t think anyone needed to worry. They always bring back the dead on this show.

4. Linda says:

Oh crap. I hoped Castiel was gone for good.

5. A says:

This is great news, I just hope he is coming back as Cas.

Hated that lousy sendoff.

• Jenn says:

I’m hoping I’m wrong, but it’s felt very Angel S5 to me from the start – as in, the Illyria/Fred story line: looks like Cas, can act like Cas because it has his memories, but ends up being a nuked Leviathan that helps them beat the boss. I would actually like to see Cas circa season 4/beginning of season 5 show back up, though.

6. Janice says:

Fabulous! This made my afternoon. Welcome back, Misha.

7. avenger says:

OMG, I just made the loudest internal squeal of all time!!! Love love love him and have missed him soooo much on the show, the show hasn’t been the same without him. Cannot wait for this :)

8. Clare says:

Gamble has been trolling Cas fans since 6.22 aired. I’ll believe this when I see it, since the last time she assured fans Misha would be back he confirmed no one had even bothered contacting him.

• Brooke says:

Do you seriously think that the show’s writers want everyone to know all their secrets? Why WOULDN’T they be cagey to try to keep some of the mystery and suspense?

• muse says:

Yeah I am suspicious too. He could be back in a 20-sec flashback or dream sequence for all we know. Gamble has lied so much that I just do not believe anything that comes out of her mouth.

But I am happy that Misha will be back on the show, however briefly, and I hope we get to see him and Jensen act together again.

• lol says:

and I hope we get to see him and Jensen act together again

Oh, are you one of those people? Do you also wish Jared would leave SPN and get out of their way?

• muse says:

LOL! And you must be one of THOSE people who hate Misha and Cas because he takes attention away from Sam and Jared.

• lol says:

No, actually I don’t hate Misha. I’m just sick of Castiel and the whole angel crap and wish all the angels would disappear for good.

• muse says:

@lol then why come in here sounding like one of those lunatics from the Cas/Misha hating threads at the CW Lounge? Your words expose you for what you are just as my words expose me for being someone loved the Dean/Cas dynamic. I am not going to apologize for that or lie about it to try and give myself some kind of imagined credibility. I don’t actually care what people think of my opinions, I am just happy to see Misha back on the show and hopefully we will get more Dean/Cas magic. If not, I will settle for a little bit of Jensen/Misha magic.

And before you start your extreme JP/Sam fan screeching, I enjoy the Dean/Sam and J/J chemistry but we see that every week so I felt no reason to comment on it.

• Jenn says:

Sometimes, yes.

• Louise says:

I am. Couldn’t be any worse than it already is.

• Dani says:

… I have NEVER seen a Castiel fan claim that. Where are you pulling these delusional assumptions from?

• raelee514 says:

I want to see Misha and Jensen together again and NO I do not wish Jared away because I LOVE Castiel and the Dean/Castiel connection.

• Jessie says:

A 20-second flashback is a GREAT idea. I hope that’s all it is.

• raeleee514@cox.net says:

LMAO this is an official announcement. Also Misha’s said so on his twitter, as well as interview with AOL. Official :-)

9. Jaclyn says:

Awesome news – whether as Castiel, or not – Misha’s return is great.

10. mgb says:

Great news! I don’t care how they bring him back, as long as he comes back. The show isn’t the same without him.

11. Cass says:

Eeeek! That’s awesome news.

12. Kristin says:

I have never been so exicted!!! Thanks so much for lifting “Castiel Demise Depression” off of my back!

13. Tinti says:

he cant return soonr coz he is too busy judging items from GISHWHES!

14. Scarlett says:

Thank goodness, the show hasn’t felt right since he left; just wish we didn’t have to wait so long! Hope he’s in more episodes than three and that we see Castiel.
    Now they just need to make him a regular again and I’ll be happy for the first time since the season six finale!

15. Tt says:

THANK YOU JESUS! Now I can actuall ywatch SPN again

16. artemisdesari says:

Misha back, although I really hope it’s as Cas, just dragged me back from a will I or won’t I return precipice after 7.10. So much heartbreak this season and even though I’ll remain dubious until I actually see him on my screen I let out the loudest scream I have in a long while. I only hope this isn’t Sera trolling us all again.

17. Linda says:

LOL, I love how mature some of these Misha/Castiel fans are. Thanks for the laugh.

18. Celia Gianni says:

Why is he returning? I hated this character. Leave him where he belongs. Uhh.

19. Soonerlo says:

YAY! I am soo happy! I love Misha Collins and I love the character Castiel. I never understood why people don’t like him. I love the boys, but its nice to throw a character into the mix that adds to the comedy and drama at the same time.

20. Andy says:

Dumb move. The show was just showing us what it will be like for Sam and Dean to be totally utterly alone and then they pull this. Oh Supernatural I really had faith in you after the last episode and now what? You just go and ruin it again. I guess death really doesn’t have any impact any more. And I hope Dean lays him out for ripping his brother’s wall down, lays him out good and proper.

21. Ruth says:

Yawn. He’s never interested me nor did his entire character arc.

22. Sara says:

Gives me hope that we have not seen the last of Bobby either.

23. Carrie D says:

Don’t you dare redeem this guy writers. He destoryed the wall in Sam’s head and betrayed Bobby and the Winchesters. He doesn’t deserve a nice neat send off. If he comes back I hope it’s as evil so he can go. And they’d better not waste the finale on him or it’ll be the worst finale ever. Explore Sam and Dean before you explore the bit characters please I’m begging you.

• lolz says:

I see what you did there! Hope your butt isn’t too, too sore.

• OMG says:

I know right. He doesn’t deserve redemption. He acted with full knowledge; unlike Sam and Dean who he participated in manipulating.

A Dean that doesn’t want to kill Cas for what he did to Sam is out of character. Dean killed Amy for killing four people. Cas killed thousands (and I don’t want to hear the ‘he was under the influence’ excuses); I don’t for a minute believe that Dean would not want him dead. Jeeze – don’t ruin the show AGAIN – we finally got rid of him.

• louise says:

Funny how that excuse worked for Sam while he was killing people but isn’t good enough for the angel who saved Dean from perdition while Ruby was leading Sam around by his dick.

Castiel added an exciting presence to the show which had been lacking for a long time, and Misha had a chemistry with Jensen I haven’t seen from Jared for some time now.
        I’m glad to see Misha return and hope the writers treat his character with the respect it deserves.

• Cheryl says:

Funny how its forgotten that Castile lied to and manipulated Dean all of Season 4 And he did the same thing all of Season 6 except this time hsi crimes weren’t swept under the rug by Kripke this time they were heightened. As for Sam killing people seriously? All hunters kill possessed people Dean envourage using the knife and the nurse Sam killed if he even did was possessed too

Jared and Jensens chmeistry is why this show works and its still there clear to see.

• MC says:

This is such a tired argument. Two-faced Cas is telling Dean, ‘Oh you better stop your brother’ while at the same time manipulating Sam so that he did exactly what he and the other angels wanted him do. The angels, including Cas, were as evil as the demons. I bet Sam saved more possessed people than he ever killed. It seems Cas apologists won’t forgive Sam for killing one possessed nurse, but forgive Cas for the hundreds of thousands (that we know of) that he killed. How many possessed humans did Dean torture? Didn’t Bobby burn one alive? How come only Sam is held accountable for killing one? And Sam and Dean didn’t kill for the power trip it gave them.

As much as you want to, you can’t equate Sam’s story with Cas’s. There were different circumstances and different motivations. Cas was a two-faced, manipulative, whiny, self-centered, power-hungry, incredibly moronic being. As Bobby put it, Sam and Dean are HEROS!!!

• Sara says:

The description of Cas is exactly what I thought of S4 Sam and I think the parallels were purposeful. Dean said Cas was like a brother to him-family. The only differene between what Cas did and what Sam did was in one being human and a one being a supernatural creature-Dean’s love for both of them was similar, though, and that was the key to the Cas story. I am so glad that they are bringing Cas back. I hope it’s so that he can earn his redemption by helping them defeat the leviathons as a member of TFW.

24. supernaturalrocks says:

Why?

25. Arietti_BH says:

We do not need the redux angel storyline back. Focus on the characters. Ever since the angels came in it took over our show and took so much away from what it once was, I guess they killed Bobby purely to replace him with Asstiel well I’ve had it. Stick to your guns writers you had the guts to kill him off, have the actual cajones to stick with that instead of letting his warbling little fans change your mind.

• Brooke says:

You DO realize that the angels are characters too, right? They’re not real, running around and doing things on their own accord. They were written by Eric Kripke, the same guy who created Sam and Dean. And they were part of the 5-year plan he concocted in the very beginning of “our show.”

• True says:

But the five year arc is over. Let’s NOT bring them back.

• Brooke says:

Depends what they bring them back for. Not having Cas around has been necessary to keep from just snapping his fingers and bringing Bobby back – THAT would lessen the emotional impact of Bobby’s death, and it would have been poor writing if they’d tried to come up with some random reason why Cas couldn’t work his heavenly mojo that time around.

But we’ve still got this whole God thing floating out there, I find it hard to believe that’s never going to be addressed again, and the angels would likely have something to do with that.

• Angie says:

Not to mention the fact that you still have Lucifer in the mix, and he is apparently still torturing Sam. And if I’m not mistaken, he is an angel. So, we aren’t done with angels until we’re done with Lucifer. If he and Michael escape, we’re back to where we were at the end of Season 5, I would assume. Lucifer always said that no matter what paths Sam and Dean take, they always end up in the same place. I don’t think you can pull the angels out of the story.

• Dani says:

Castiel has been separate from “the angel storyline” for a long time now.

• Cheryl says:

I agree totally Arietta

26. racheal knighten says:

thats awesome! deans gonna need castiel now more than ever

• huh? says:

Why would he need Castiel when he has Sam?

• lolz says:

Because once in a while, people need more than one person in their lives. Especially if that one person a self-absorbed brat more often than not.

• Oh No! says:

What does he need Cas for? Cas is a murdering power-hungry b***h. Dean has killed evil creatures who have done a lot less than Cas. Cas deserved to die.

• lolz says:

So was Sam in season 4 and 6 Dean forgave him just fine.

• MC says:

How many people did Sam actually kill in season four? How many possessed people did he save? Who was manipulating Sam and Dean during seasons four and five and six? Who caused the apocalypse (the angels planned it out generations before Sam and Dean were born)? Who sacrificed himself to save mankind and the evil angels? What moron pulled a body out of the ground and zapped it back to life, and then confused that action with travelling all the way to Lucifer’s cage and retrieving a soul?

• lolz says:

If that moron hadn’t pulled Sam out of the cage that he fully chose to fall into because he was a complete dumbass who trusted a demon, Sam would still be down there. Maybe Cas should have just left him there instead. That would have thrilled his haters, I am sure.

• lolz says:

I don’t care how many people Sam killed, though if you add up the meat suits that he destroyed to get at the demon blood, I can think 4 off the top of my head. Then there was Lilith, Alistair and a bunch of other no-names that both boys killed. The point is that Dean forgave Sam for betraying him because he was family. So did Bobby. And since both Sam and Dean think Cas is family, they will forgive him too.

• MadMelly says:

As Dean himself said, Cas was like his family. So why wouldn’t we want characters that were important to Dean & Sam to come back to the show? Besides the fact that Castiel meant something to the characters within the show, he also meant something to many viewers, which is why SPN’s ratings increased dramatically after the inclusion of Misha Collins. Without Misha there might not have even been a Season 6…it was originally going to end at Season 5…but the angel arc & Cas character pumped new interest into the show. I excitedly wait for Misha’s return to SPN…& for those who don’t like him or his character, oh well, don’t watch it then.

27. Lizzy says:

YES! I adore both Castiel and Misha Collins :)

28. La Chunga says:

*happy dance*

29. Mikaylah says:

Love Misha, love Castiel. I can’t wait to see him again. Now if only Bobby can stick around too, my whole Supernatural family will be intact.

30. JJ says:

Love the bitter Cas haters! LOL. The loud minority haters. The average normal fans loves the boys along with Cas and Bobby. Tptb have been catering to these loud minority haters for too long.

• San & Dean Fan says:

The fans of the show who dislike Cas are not haters. They just see a poorly written fan-service character for what he is. Just when we were getting the show back on track, they bring this ridiculous character back.

• Nic says:

Nah, not really, But keep telling yourself that.

31. Chealsea says:

I hope he’s back as Castiel. The show isn’t the same without him. I don’t understand those of you who don’t like him. He brings so much to the show and the story lines. If he’s back as the Leviathan, or as his human self, or anything else for that matter, I will be so disappointed…

I love Misha, and I’ll be happy to have him on the show one way or another, but no other character for him will compare to Castiel.

32. Karen M says:

I only like Misha because of Castiel, so if he’s not playing Castiel then what’s the point…

33. Sandy says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Just.NO.

34. Carrie Neal says:

People who hate Castiel are very sad, confused individuals. If it wasn’t for Cas the show would have certainly been cancelled seasons ago. He is an incredible character and we need him back.

• Kristin says:

I agree completely. When the show started to go sour, they brought in Castiel and it was saved. It’s a good thing…

• Sam and Dean are cool but says:

I didn’t really like seasons 1-3 that much. They were okay but it took Heaven making an appearance (which it should have as it’s basically an anti-Hell) for me to really take notice. Before, if I missed an episode, that wasn’t a season opener (darn cliffhangers) I didn’t really care. The show was just something I watched to pass time. But I became intrigued with the whole Heaven/Angels vs Hell/Demons with the boys caught in the middle thing. Season 4 especially had a good mix of standalone episodes (such as “Yellow Fever”) while incorporating a basic, main story arc into it. Season 5 continued this format and it worked. I found season 6 to be all over the place and disorienting at best. And pretty much any fondness I had for Sam and Dean was pretty much ruined during the course of season 6. They became the exact kind of person they hated: self-absorbed sons of biscuit eaters. I literally CHEERED when Bobby, the angel Rachel and even Castiel called them on their attitudes. Really, Castiel was my only reason for finishing season 6. I don’t like the things he did during it but I can also understand. He loves Dean and Sam enough to risk everything, even the world itself. He also didn’t get that with free will comes consequences and that one has to face those mistakes. I don’t like how he did it, but I understand. At least he was willing to do something, even if he was wrong. But as Dean claimed Cas was family, and he could forgive Sam for the whole demon blood/Ruby/setting Lucifer free thing, why not his other “brother”? After all, family don’t end with blood.

35. Kristin says:

I’m so thankful for this!

36. Matrc says:

I hope he returns in a limited amount of episodes or as the true big bad of the season. Honestly, I was a Castiel fan and thought they did a good job of rehabilitating him in season six but he’s much better in small doses, imo. I thought they overdid using him as the straight man for comedy in season five and that really tarnished the character for me. When they got rid of him, it felt like he’d run his course so it’ll be interesting to see what they have in store for Misha’s return. I also hope they don’t use Castiel as a quick fix to bring Bobby back upon his return — that’d be super-cheap and lazy on the writers’ part. Seems like they have this season very well planned out though so I am not overly worried.

37. Joanna says:

very mixed feelings on this news on here. Some people want death to mean something and the people on this show that go to stay gone and others are happy that that’s not the case. I lie somewhere in the middle I enjoyed the angel storyline but I really felt it was time to move on when they ended it and ended Castiel’s arc. I don’t really get how or why they’d reverse back, do a total 180 and change that. I’m just hoping it’s not fan service because that’s not what this show is about and nor do I want them to bring him back and make him still buddy buddy with Sam and Dean. He betrayed them in a major way. Unless he’s back as their nemesis i don’t know how I could buy anything else realistically.

38. Vincent McMorrice says:

I just want to see Sam smack him down for the wall break, he has some major score to settle there. Have at him Sam.

• Actual Fan says:

Sam forgave Cas already…do you even watch the show? Plus, his wall was about to break anyway…jesus, maybe you need to rewatch the season before commenting?

• lolz says:

Nah, they don’t actually watch the show. They just watch their little stop watches to see who is getting more screentime. It’s why they think Sam is wallpaper.

• MC says:

You have been trolling this board with your nasty comments for anyone who doesn’t like Cas. Based on your comments, you are a Sam hater and your Cas defense arguments are tired and redundant. You make excuses, not a valid point.

39. Amanda says:

Castiel = Amazing, Cas has brought do much to the show and I hope in the future he continues to do that. Yes Sam, Dean and Bobby are great but so is Castiel and his story. I for one can’t wait for his return. :)

40. Ginger says:

Thank god lol I missed Misha on the show.

41. Kelly says:

Castiel is the most interesting, compelling character I have ever seen, hands down. He is the embodiment of our own struggles with understanding what it is to be human. He gave Supernatural a depth to it that the writer’s have been neglecting as of late, and I really hope they make up for it!

42. Renee says:

This is great news! I’ve missed Misha on the show and I’m happy to hear he’ll be making a return.

43. Jess says:

Well I for one am HAPPY to see him coming back, Castiel or not. He brought a real dynamic to the show and along with Jensen and Jared, they’re the best trio I’ve seen in years. Looking very much forward to it, so long as the writers don’t screw it up and throw us another curve. At this point, I’d just like to see the actor come back.

44. Kate says:

okay lets be all clear
    some fans wish Cas was permanently dead.
    Other’s want him back
    and some are middle ground. Kk, we get it. So stop slamming one another.

I on the other hand, SCREAMED IN GLEE, WHEN I HEARD HE WAS COMING BACK.
    OHHHH CASTIEL I MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDC IF YOU COME BACK TOTALLY SCREWED UP! YOU’RE STILL OUR CAS!

• Angie says:

I agree. On the day when it is announced that Friday’s ratings mean the show will likely continue for an 8th season, it is asinine for the fan base to attack each other today. I’m very happy to hear that Misha will return and hope that the writer’s have a creative plan to bring Bobby back. Personally, I hope that he comes back on his own accord… maybe we shouldn’t be so quick to believe this “reaper.” But anyway, I personally think that over the course of six seasons, Sam and Dean grew as characters because of their relationships with everyone they’ve known. However, Bobby and Castiel became part of their family. If you take this away from them, I think they will regress back to something that they could not go back to being again. They can’t be the boys they were in season 1 because they are men now. They have evolved. Does this mean that we have to keep the same arcs from seasons 5-6? Of course not. Moreover, Castiel can be redeemed for his actions just as much as Sam can. I think Sam will be the first to forgive him, actually. Dean misses him, and I think he’s probably working on the forgiveness issue.

45. Lil'E says:

So glad Misha is returning. He brings something very special to the show, be it comic relief, tension or drama, he is so endearing… I love his friendship with Dean. I can’t wait to see what’s in store for him and the Winchesters’ reaction. Can’t wait! Jan 6!!! That’s one hell of a long hellatus…

46. Anna says:

Misha is coming back. All your arguments are invalid. Haters gonna hate. I’m so excited for him to come back I don’t know what to do with my feelings.

47. Sultan says:

He changes the show for me, the angels changed the show in a massively negative way. Stop making the arc’s too big. Heaven and hell was just too big for this show, bringing it back to the season one format has been perfect. Why change that now by bringing his character back. I liked him at first but I quickly got bored. Please, please writers I beg of you let it be a short stint and leave this show as the boys at the end. He is an unnecessary addition and an unwelcome one now.

48. Rosy says:

Thank Godstiel for this, I have been missing Misha so much this season. Can we all pray he is coming back as Castiel though? Cas was a fantastic character, he really deserves to be redeemed and treated as a 3 dimensional character upon returning, not just a tool for our lovely Winchester boys to use; there is so much potential in Castiel. I hope the writers know how much Cas means to the fans – and after killing off a Bobby (the one fan favourite everyone agreed on), many of us believe they have some making up to do with the fandom.

49. Jess says:

Oh my Cas!!!! -fan girl squee- I love me some yummy Misha Collins!!!! About damn time!! They need him after the mid finale!!!!

50. Francis Cronin says:

Bad news, bad news indeed for this show. It had been impressing me thus far. And this will be the catalyst to sucktitude. Writers go watch Seasons 1 and 2 and remember what made us fans, the two boys alone on the backroads not angels and heaven and hell, backroads and boys, kindly bring that back please and stop fanservicing this crazy guys fans.

• Smart Person says:

The show has been terrible without Castiel and if you can’t see that you might as well go watch The Bold and the Beautiful, because that’s clearly your type of show.

• Kathie says:

I’d say the ratings disagree. ;)

• sporks says:

Okay, as much as I really liked season 1 and 2, all shows evolve over time. I loved all the characters they brought in and out of Sam and Dean’s lives. Ellen, Jo, Bobby and Castiel being the most important. The problem I had with this season and last season is that all of these wonderful friends have been taken away from them.
      Even if the original formula was “Dean and Sam against the world” they still had people they could call, people they could turn to.
      Castiel is Dean’s *best friend*. Bobby is the father figure that they needed. Is is so wrong to want them to have more than just each other to rely on?