Once Upon a Time Casts Psych Vet As Gaston

Once Upon a Time has found Belle’s burly suitor, Gaston.

Psych vet Sage Brocklebank will portray the infamous Beauty and the Beast baddie on ABC’s fantastical freshman drama.

Matt’s Inside Line: Once Upon a Time Scoop!

As previously reported, Emilie de Ravin (Lost) has been tasked with bringing to life the illustrious fairy tale princess in the episode (to air Sunday, Feb. 12), which will also feature Belle’s father and the titular Beast, wheeling and dealing with Robert Carlyle’s Rumpelstiltskin.

E! Online first reported the casting news.

Brocklebank currently recurs on USA Network’s Psych playing funny cop Buzz McNab.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Scoop

1. Tiffany says:

Glad to see him getting other TV parts. Psych just isn’t able to use him enough!

2. Dena says:

But, McNab isn’t evil… He’s just overly optimistic.

• jennrae says:

I think it will be great to see him as Gaston–physically, he fits the type, since he’s so tall. He’s got biceps to spare–as a specimen, he’s truly intimidating. The two characters couldn’t be more different–McNab is so sweet and good, and Gaston is a megalomaniac, haha. I think it will be fun to see Claire shut him down.

3. lostie says:

Max Adler for Beast/Prince, please?!

4. Mia says:

Speaking of Psych, the first name that came to my head was Cary Elwes as a guest star in this show. I don’t care who he plays, he can even play a father, but honestly Westley is still the guy in my fairytales. He just has IT.

• Templar says:

Is he too old to play Prince Phillip opposite Sleeping Beauty/Aurora? I’d love to see him do battle against Maleficent/dragon.

5. Extras21 says:

We love Fables! Is Once Upon Time good? Yes…but the acting isn’t the greatest. We want to argue why ABC should have chosen Fables instead of this show.

Check out, why we think Fables should be on the small screen. Let us know what you think on the comment section: http://theillumi-nerdi.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-5-tv-shows-they-should-totally-do.html

P.S why love what Michael did with TV Line. He hasn’t forgotten about us nerds!

6. Julie says:

I don’t watch Psych but when I saw his picture it just felt right. I can’t wait to see who will take on the Beast role! :D

7. Nicole says:

isn’t the beast the sheriff? Or is he one of the 3 bears?

• Julie says:

Not to give away spoilers but I think the answer to your Sheriff question might be answered Sunday night ;)

• Amy says:

The previews for next week have me worried that the sheriff might not be long for Storybrooke – which would break my heart. He’s so yummy!
        BTW, is anyone on the show going to get more of a glimpse at Happily Ever After? Snow and Charming are just crushing me.

• Templar says:

The sheriff is the huntsman who couldn’t kill Snow White. I have a hunch he’s going to be eliminated this week. He’s yucky by association [schtupping Regina] so he’s expendable.

8. Carly says:

I guess I should start watching the show :)

Always a treat getting to see Sage on my screen

9. Michelle says:

There goes everyone’s theory that Dr.Wale is Gaston (which I never believed)

10. Amy says:

Dr Whale is the whale from Pinnochio.

11. Nick says:

The same way a man who was turned into a cricket was turned into a man again…who knows

12. Psychfan says:

I LOVE Sage Brocklebank! I’m so excited to see him on other shows.

13. Stormy says:

Is there any way we can work Benedict Cumberbatch into this mix? That would be too cool.

14. Nicole says:

I thought Dr. Whale was the big bad wolf.