Once Upon a Time Casts Psych Vet As Gaston

Get More: Casting News, Scoop

Once Upon a Time has found Belle’s burly suitor, Gaston.

Psych vet Sage Brocklebank will portray the infamous Beauty and the Beast baddie on ABC’s fantastical freshman drama.

Matt’s Inside Line: Once Upon a Time Scoop!

As previously reported, Emilie de Ravin (Lost) has been tasked with bringing to life the illustrious fairy tale princess in the episode (to air Sunday, Feb. 12), which will also feature Belle’s father and the titular Beast, wheeling and dealing with Robert Carlyle’s Rumpelstiltskin.

E! Online first reported the casting news.

Brocklebank currently recurs on USA Network’s Psych playing funny cop Buzz McNab.

Comments (26)

• Glad to see him getting other TV parts. Psych just isn’t able to use him enough!

Comment by Tiffany – December 5, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • But, McNab isn’t evil… He’s just overly optimistic.

Comment by Dena – December 5, 2011 08:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think it will be great to see him as Gaston–physically, he fits the type, since he’s so tall. He’s got biceps to spare–as a specimen, he’s truly intimidating. The two characters couldn’t be more different–McNab is so sweet and good, and Gaston is a megalomaniac, haha. I think it will be fun to see Claire shut him down.

Comment by jennrae – December 5, 2011 10:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Max Adler for Beast/Prince, please?!

Comment by lostie – December 5, 2011 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I need this in my life. For reasons :)

Comment by Carly – December 6, 2011 04:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We know the beast is someone we already saw in the show, so sorry for that, the teories is that Dr. Whale maybe is the beast, but i dont know

Comment by Lore – December 6, 2011 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Speaking of Psych, the first name that came to my head was Cary Elwes as a guest star in this show. I don’t care who he plays, he can even play a father, but honestly Westley is still the guy in my fairytales. He just has IT.

Comment by Mia – December 5, 2011 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Is he too old to play Prince Phillip opposite Sleeping Beauty/Aurora? I’d love to see him do battle against Maleficent/dragon.

Comment by Templar – December 6, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We love Fables! Is Once Upon Time good? Yes…but the acting isn’t the greatest. We want to argue why ABC should have chosen Fables instead of this show.

Check out, why we think Fables should be on the small screen. Let us know what you think on the comment section: http://theillumi-nerdi.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-5-tv-shows-they-should-totally-do.html

P.S why love what Michael did with TV Line. He hasn’t forgotten about us nerds!

Comment by Extras21 – December 5, 2011 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Fables schmables. Go cook a radish.

Comment by Nope – December 6, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t watch Psych but when I saw his picture it just felt right. I can’t wait to see who will take on the Beast role! :D

Comment by Julie – December 6, 2011 01:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • isn’t the beast the sheriff? Or is he one of the 3 bears?

Comment by Nicole – December 6, 2011 03:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to give away spoilers but I think the answer to your Sheriff question might be answered Sunday night ;)

Comment by Julie – December 6, 2011 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The previews for next week have me worried that the sheriff might not be long for Storybrooke – which would break my heart. He’s so yummy!
        BTW, is anyone on the show going to get more of a glimpse at Happily Ever After? Snow and Charming are just crushing me.

Comment by Amy – December 6, 2011 07:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The sheriff is the huntsman who couldn’t kill Snow White. I have a hunch he’s going to be eliminated this week. He’s yucky by association [schtupping Regina] so he’s expendable.

Comment by Templar – December 6, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I should start watching the show :)

Always a treat getting to see Sage on my screen

Comment by Carly – December 6, 2011 04:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And may I add: do start watching!!!

Comment by Julie – December 6, 2011 04:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There goes everyone’s theory that Dr.Wale is Gaston (which I never believed)

Comment by Michelle – December 6, 2011 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dr Whale is the whale from Pinnochio.

Comment by Amy – December 6, 2011 07:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • HOW??

Comment by Huh?? – December 6, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The same way that Fairytale dwarves are not dwarves in Storybrooke.

Comment by Templar – December 6, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I actually think that Dr. Whale (or maybe Wail) is the Big Bad Wolf with the way her was leering at Ruby.

Comment by Amelia – December 15, 2011 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The same way a man who was turned into a cricket was turned into a man again…who knows

Comment by Nick – December 6, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Sage Brocklebank! I’m so excited to see him on other shows.

Comment by Psychfan – December 6, 2011 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is there any way we can work Benedict Cumberbatch into this mix? That would be too cool.

Comment by Stormy – December 6, 2011 10:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought Dr. Whale was the big bad wolf.

Comment by Nicole – December 7, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post