The TVLine-Up: TV Worth Watching This Monday

On TV this Monday: Charlie Brown fights “the Eastern syndicate” behind the commercialization of Christmas, Gossip Girl drops a bombshell, The Closer kills Santa, Castle is “Cuffed” and more. We’ve hand-selected a dozen programs to keep on your radar.

8 pm A Sing-Off Christmas (NBC) | Holiday and inspirational songs are performed by the winning groups from all three seasons, a compilation of lead singers from Season 3, and others.

8 pm Gossip Girl (The CW) | Fall finale: Lily throws a party to introduce Charlie to New York society — unless the guest of honor’s ex-beau, Max, spoils the soiree; Dan decides it may be time to tell Blair the truth about his feelings. Remember: Perhaps the show’s “biggest cliffhanger ever”! P.S. Feel free to offer a caption for the Dan/Blair photo shown here.

8 pm A Charlie Brown Christmas (ABC) | “This little green tree here seems to need a home… We’ll decorate it and it’ll be just right for our play. Besides, I think it needs me.” (The all-new animated special Prep & Landing: Naughty vs. Nice follows.)

8 pm How I Met Your Mother (CBS) | When Robin receives bad news, she decides to lie about it to the gang; Marshall hangs Christmas decorations on his house with help from his neighbor.

8:30 pm 2 Broke Girls (CBS) | Max and Caroline try to find Chestnut a job in order to get him lodging for the winter; Peach, the mother of the twins Max babysits, auditions for Real Wives of TriBeCa.

How I Met Your Mother First Look Video: Robin’s Baby News Knocks Barney Out

9 pm Neverland (Syfy) | The two-night miniseries concludes with Peter licensing a line of peanut butter.

9 pm The Closer (TNT) | Episode 100: A Santa’s zip-line entrance into a Christmas Village turns fatal. Fred Willard guest-stars as the village’s owner, Christine Woods (FlashForward) plays Buzz’s very cute  sister.

9 pm Hart of Dixie (The CW) | Fall finale: Zoe and Lemon’s rivalry enters a new arena when they respectively coach Rose and Lemon’s kid sister, Magnolia, for the Miss Cinnamon Cider Pageant. In flashbacks, we see when Lemon and Lavon first realized they had a connection.

9:30 pm Enlightened (HBO) | With Amy at work, Helen runs into an old friend whose husband used to work with her late husband, Jim.

TVLine Presents Your Guide to Fall Finale and Winter Return Dates

10 pm Castle (ABC) | Castle and Beckett wake up in bed, handcuffed together, in a locked room with no memory of how they got there. As they try to escape, what’s the biggest threat they face — the people who abducted them or each other? (View photos and video.)

10 pm Hawaii Five-0 (CBS) | McGarrett & Co. search for a busload of kidnapped school children as well as the people responsible. Ingo Rademacher (General Hospital) guest-stars as the father of one missing child.

10 pm Rizzoli & Isles (TNT) | Jane’s brother Tommy may be facing more trouble just as his relationship with Maura begins to grow. Tessa Thompson (Veronica Mars) guest-stars as a by-the-book FBI agent who has a complicated history with Detective Frost.

Which of the above is must-see TV for you? Also, hit the Comments to politely offer tune-in suggestions of your own. With raindrops we can fill buckets!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. J says:

Just Hart of Dixie for me. And nothing for a while. I hate the hiatus.

2. Nerwen Aldarion says:

Already geared up for Castle!!!

3. natasha says:

How I Met Your Mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Smallville944 says:

Gossip Girl, ow I Met Your Mother anf Hawaii Five-0 for me

5. Brandon says:

Castle and Hawaii Five-0 should be amazing.

6. JHarnes says:

With all the worthless monster of the week nonsense on Syfy I find this comment offensive. I watched the first episode and Neverland is a fun show and does not deserve this sort of comment!

• Dave says:

Seriously?? He meant it as a joke just being funny. It was not meant as an insult to anyone or the show itself. You obviously have not ready many articles by him otherwise you would know about the funny comments he makes. Also in case you didn’t know the reference is because there is a peanut butter brand out there called Peter Pan. Geez some people will complain about anything.

Also by the way I loved Neverland!

• Lisa says:

Jeez, poor Matt can’t even make a joke. Peter Pan Peanut Butter. Ever hear of it. Grow a sense of humor-it wasn’t meant to be offensive.

7. Katherine says:

How I Met Your Mother & Castle!!

(really nervous about himym tonight though…)

8. Anne says:

Castle no doubt!
    I will watch the Closer too And dvr Rizzole &isles
    Another kidnapping on Hawaii 50? how original. It must be the 10th time they do a kidnapping. Bleh.

9. Kim says:

The most charming , CASTLE !!!!!!

10. Asha says:

If this episode of Gossip Girl is Dan heavy I’m out. Just that picture of him made me not even want to bother watching. I think it might be a HIMYM night. I despise Dan Humphrey, especially his floppy muppet hair and his tendency to think any girl who talks to him is in love with him. I’m surprised he hasn’t tried to hit on Lily yet.

11. Grace says:

Castle !!!!!!
    Nathan is so lovable !!!!!!!!!!

12. sawyer says:

reading only the preview for 2 BROKE GIRLS, it already made me laugh.
    excited for HIMYM and Hart of dixie too.

13. Tammy says:

What happens in the Gossip Girl finale was already spoiled in the 100th episode party interviews and filming pics. It is neither big nor shocking.

The Dan/Blair story is moving at the speed of rush hour traffic in a snow storm.

Remember when Gossip Girl stories actually ended?

• Tammy says:

2nd comment sorry

I remember when GG was about the whole cast not just Dan, Blair and now Ivy. Everyone being in love with Blair and the continued Dan push make me think that Safran must hate Blake and Ed.

• LOL says:

Dan has had an average of like 3 mins per episode in the last 5 episodes yet the show is all about Dan? Yeah, this makes sense.

• Lana says:

I remember Dan very recently having an entire episode revolving around him and his boring book! But even if that were the case, he should have less considering how uninteresting he is. That’s probably why they insist on attaching him to Blair because otherwise he is pointless.

• LOL says:

This is episode 10. The episode about his book was episode 4. And that was honestly one of the best episodes this season because it was about the entire main cast and not all this nonsense Diana/Max plots. And remember that was when Chuck really decided to make a change in his life?

• florence says:

The episode when Chuck decides to make a change in his life is episode 6, when the therapist tells him he can change. That is the same episode where he apologizes to Blair. And THAT was the best episode this season.

• Jenn C says:

LOL I completely agree with you, if anything, Dan airtime has been lacking dramatically almost all season long. The only episode this season that has been about Dan was the episode about the release of his book (which I agree, was the best episode of the season). Other than that, the past few episodes, Dan’s story has been filler, and he’s been banished into his own little corner of the show, which has made the show very lackluster, IMO. If anything, this season has been ALL about Blair’s stupid royal wedding (YAWN) and the Charlie/Ivy story, which, let’s face it, even Serena has been merely a supporting pawn in. The ratings are tanking because, as witnessed the past two seasons now, the A stories of this show have been revolving around guest stars and characters who SHOULD be supporting characters. Last season’s boring Thorpe story involving Bass Industries killed the second half of the season. People blame Dair for the ratings decrease, but their airtime was a mere few minutes an episode in comparison to Raina/Chuck and the whole story with Serena/Ben/Lily. It was all completely garbage. Just as this season has revolved its A stories around Blair and boring Prince Louis, and Charlie and Elizabeth Hurley’s character (who’s name already escapes me, that’s how much I cared!) The show NEEDS to get back to its roots, Serena, Blair, Nate, Dan and Chuck. As much as I do NOT want Blair going back to Chuck again, I have been enjoying much of the Dan/Chuck interaction this season (actually, it’s been saving the season for me), and I think that the ONLY thing that will bring this show around is to create an actual honest to God triangle between Dan, Blair and Chuck. Fans care about Dan and Chuck, nodoby cares about Louis. The reason Chair fans get into such a tizzy about Dan is because they are actually afraid that Dan is a real threat. Louis is NOT a threat. He’s a giant bore. Why TPTB continue to sideline Dan when the real story is Chair/Dair is beyond me.

14. Elizabeth says:

GG blurb sounds about a million shades of meh. At least the promo looks a bit more exciting than this sounds, what with actually showing Chuck and Blair in the same room.

On the other hand, Castle sounds fantastic this evening. I can’t wait!

15. brittany says:

castle, castle, castle…CASTLE!!! wooo cant wait for cuffed :D

16. Sandra says:

Gossip Girl and Hart of Dixie for me. Looking forward to all the Chuck & Blair drama tonight!

17. sarah says:

Im so sick about Dan and Blair or Blair and his men or Ivy,Chuck and Serena are also part of the show and have no plot. Luckily the promo seemed much more interesting because if I do not watch GG now

18. Joel says:

No mention of Prep and Landing on ABC?

19. ana muller says:

Why can’t Dan get it? Blair already knows how he feels, everyone knows how he feels, hell he wrote a book about it! She just doesn’t feel the same way, that happens sometimes, so get over it already. Why do they keep pushing this Dan/Blair romance thing? To see their friendship develop would be far more interesting. I love the witty banter between them, but hate this forced “sexual tension” especially since I don’t see where that would fit in the story line I mean: Blair is pregnant, engaged, but also loves another guy who isn’t the father or her baby or her fiance. And neither of those are Dan!

20. LOL says:

What the heck are people even talking about? Dan’s main plot the whole time has been about this damn book and he’s averaged like 3 mins per episode for a while. Last week he was with Alessandra on twitter. Two weeks before that he was by his damn self in his apartment.

Chuck has been featured heavily in the last few episodes with lightness and darkness or whatever the heck last week’s cringeworthy dialogue was. The triangle so far has been Chuck-Blair-Louis. Remember him apologizing, their Sleep No More episode, their visit to the shrink? And we all saw last week’s promo so what the heck are the complaints even about? Just because there’s Dan in the description? Why don’t you complain about Max? He’s had more screen time than Dan in the last few episodes.

And I’m not even a Dan stan but these complaints are [Louis]redeeculous[/Louis].

21. MadMax says:

Dan says “turn to the left now and I will get the handcuffs ready”

22. Emily says:

Here’s hoping the Gossip Girl cliffhanger is relating to Chuck and Blair, because I am super excited about their story line coming up.

And as for whatever argument has been gonig about Dan vs. Chuck, neither guy has gotten much screentime this season. Chuck didn’t even show up until 22 minutes into the episode last week, lol. This season of GG has been nothing but Blair and Ivy, and it’s wearing thin. I love CB, but I want to see Serena get something to do, too.

23. Msc says:

DB In the pIc- Dan,” I’m really Chuck….no,really I am you’re one and only love,Chuck Bass.”

24. Brandy says:

2 broke girls, gossip girl, hart of dixie, rizzoli &isles

25. Danielle H says:

2BG, Castle, and HoD. Is this 2 Broke Girls fall finale tonite though??
    Also super sad there won’t be any HoD for the next while. I have grown to freakin’ enjoy the crap outta that show. Such easy viewing!

26. Svenja says:

Excited for Gossip Girl (Dair yay!!), HIMYM and Castle!!!

27. Vannesa says:

Castle ALL THE WAY!!! And Hart Of Dixie & Rizzoli & Isles. :) :D Can’t wait for Castle. :D

28. How I Met Your Mother! Very interested to see what happens this evening. Probably will also watch Pan Am from yesterday, and DVR Castle.

29. Templar says:

ACAs for an hour, then 2&1/2, M&M, then Castle. Tired of the latent lesbos R&I.

30. kevin says:

Too bad TERRA NOVA off tonight but will return next Monday in the final two weeks for the sci-fi dinosaur series. Mostly hype for HAWAII FIVE-O back for a fresh episode.

31. Eric says:

Go Dair!

The premiere – Dair – Dan doesn’t say ILY
    The midseason finale – Dan tries to say ILY
    The finale – Dair – Dan says ILY

Get in! :)

• Camille says:

Exactly. It’s pretty obvious. and I can’t waiiiit. Chair will be over for a long while after this episode. :) I can’t wait for something new!

• Jill says:

Blair will absolutely cease to be the Blair Waldorf I know and love if she were to ever love Dan back. It’s Chuck and Blair. Dan has “loved” like how many people on this show? He was totally horrible to Vanessa, his oldest friend. Who would want him?

• ellen says:

Vanessa was a totally horrible person all on her own and I’m glad she’s gone. But yes, it would be pretty out of character for Blair to love Dan back, specially since she never stopped loving Chuck, but also claims to love Louis, how many more people can this girl possibly be in love with?

32. harum scarum says:

lol there is no way GG’s “biggest cliffhanger ever” is dair-related. please.

33. Camille says:

I’m excited for this episode, GG midseason finales are always good imo. Hopefully at the end of it we’ll get a DAIR-related promo for next year! :) :)

34. Naomi says:

the latest dair spoilers have made me excited to see what happens in this episode…and of course i hope blair, nate, and chuck are okay after this cliffhanger. i think what happens will be a big deal that changes the course of the season…so here’s hoping for some two-sided dair (because we all know it’s coming lol)!

• Well says:

Unless the big cliffhanger is that Blair gets major brain damage, I don’t think “Dair” is going to progress much more than it arleady is. Friends with one awkward unfortunate kiss in the past.

• Naomi says:

Really? I don’t think you’d be saying that if you’d heard the most recent spoilers. :) I thought they kissed twice, maybe I’m wrong?

Don’t you think it’s weird that they haven’t really addressed her feelings for Dan at all yet? It’s not like they’re never going to. She’s either going to outright reject him or fall for him. He’s been in love with her for almost a year now so she’s almost sure to not reject him, that’s not the way TV works.

• Well says:

Just because he is in love with her doesn’t mean she is in love with him. Frankly, I feel like if Blair were to suddenly have romantic feelings for Dan it would not be true to her character, IMO. I think they make good friends but Dan is so harshly judgmental of the lifestyle she leads that there is no way it would work unless Blair suddenly decided she wanted to start slumming it full time in Brooklyn, wearing ugly clothes and becoming the new Vanessa. Let’s face it, Vanessa was Dan’s soulmate. They both hate the same things, they both act really pretentious and self-righteous and anti-UES but both seriously dated UESiders. I have never bought into the Dan & Blair fanaticism that has swept the internet. I don’t find them romantically compatible. Blair likes a man who knows how to brush his hair and knows when to put the skinny jeans away.

• Jenn C says:

The reason I love watching TV shows over a period of years is to see characters change. You say that Dan is judgemental, but it’s okay for Blair to continue to be shallow and superficial like she was in high school, by only liking a guy for how he dresses? And furthermore, everyone keeps saying that Blair does NOT love Dan back, but nobody knows what Blair is thinking. I honestly believe that she is in denial. She doesn’t even realize she has some very deep feelings for Dan, and she continues to ignore them because they will make her already messy life even messier. Between juggling her fairy tale wedding which is turning out to be not so fairy tale, and her lingering feelings for Chuck, I think she can’t even comprehend that there’s a third option for her.

I also can’t believe that so man fans of GG have never watched any TV shows where someone had a crush on someone for a season or two, someone who appeared to have zero feelings back, until eventually they realized what was in front of them and acted on it. Ross and Rachel anyone? Joey and her feelings for Dawson? Oh and then Pacey and HIS feelings for Joey. Just because someone is completely clueless about another person’s crush on them doesn’t mean that there’s no chance of anything ever happening….

35. jeanette says:

I am incredibly excited for Chuck and Blair to reunite(?) tonight in GG. It just sucks that it’ll obviously be followed by her losing the baby and going back to Louis. Why can’t this show just end so I can get my CB wedding? DEAR LORD.

36. meg says:

Dan: Surprise! It’s Chuck.
    Blair: FML.

37. Jones says:

Hart of Dixie and Castle for me!

38. Briar Rose says:

39. Justin says:

The Closer, Rizzoli & Isles, Neverland, 2 Broke Girls and Hawaii 5-0.

40. nitemar says:

The Closer now that my days of House are long gone!! and Castle at 10. Will DVR Rizz&Is, of course. :)

41. Ds says:

Gg sucks…dan sucks…blair sucks…chuck and nate are amazing…

42. shiri (@shirik1) says:

my favorite is H5-0!

43. Guest says:

Hart of Dixie and Gossip Girl :)

44. Lynn says:

First and foremost: CASTLE!!!!! Love this show.

I’ll also be watching HIMYM, 2BG and will DVR Rizzoli and Isles.

45. lei says:

HIMYM, GG and Castle! I watch way too much TV

46. Cath Richards says:

Castle!!! and NCIS and Bones.. and being from the land down under I most probably have way, way longer to wait then you guys in the USA. Merry Christmas all!!!

47. Allie says:

Well, a Dan and Blair pic is never the way to get me excited about an episode of Gossip Girl. Dan and Blair as friends are fine by me. Anything more, I’m out. Full stop.

Anyway, the Canadian promo looked awesome, so I’m still looking forward to it. Hopefully we’ll get some good Chair scenes to tide us over for awhile.

48. Kristi says:

r.e. Castle – their biggest threat is figuring out how to go pee when they need to without the other one seeing. Should be easier for Castle than it is for Beckett.

49. Perola says:

Guys. I think this episode may change a lot how people feel about Dair. Just because you can realize that Dair IS NOT about sex, it is about LOVE, and want the other to be happy even if wont make you happy. Chair might like this episode, but i completely felt in love with Dair after it.

50. Angel says:

I Like Gossip Girl becouse I Love Dan and Blair. Please DARE TO DAIR!!!!!