Exclusive Glee First Look: Sam Fights to Win Back Mercedes, and She's Surprisingly [Spoiler]!

Trouty Mouth is fishing for a reunion.

Chord Overstreet’s Sam returns to Glee on Tuesday (8/7c on Fox) and he’s determined to pick up right where he left off last summer with now-ex-girlfriend Mercedes.

Glee Exclusive: Ricky Martin Poised to Play [Spoiler Alert]!

Of course, as Mercedes is quick to remind him, she’s got a new (and rather imposing) boyfriend now and she has zero interest in being at the center of another drama-filled McKinley love triangle.

But actions speak louder than words, and Mercedes’ actions — namely her facial expression in the final seconds of the following clip  — speak volumes.

Loading video...

For Glee Scoop 24/7 follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

Comments (191)

• Please bring Sam and Quinn again together. They had such a perfect chemistry. I don’t like Samcedes.

Comment by Lizz – December 5, 2011 12:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank goodness someone else agrees with me! :) You just made my day! haha

Comment by Kate – December 5, 2011 10:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sick that everybody throws Samcedes in my face. Such a bad storyline that won’t attract recent viewers either. Bring back Kurt and Sam and let them have their duet! Biggest mistake of the producers ever. Now Kurt is stuck with a douchebag.

Comment by Canoe – December 5, 2011 01:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • woot woot! love interracial relationships! ITs def. a topic Glee has not touched! love love love love love!!! SAMCEDES FOR THE WIN!

Comment by SAMCEDESshipper – December 5, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why don’t they just rename Glee the Mercedes, Santana and Kurt Show this season? I am sick of those three characters especially Mercedes and Santana! Sam was great with Quinn and so was Puck. Why can’t TPTB give Diana Agron a storyline that doesn’t include Finn and Rachel? I am hating Glee this season!

Comment by Kat – December 5, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • How is it the Mercedes show? She hasn’t gotten a storyline yet outside of starting the Troubletones!

Comment by Noelle – December 6, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it me or did Chord get even hotter than he was before??!?!??! I cannot hang! Been waiting for him to come back for far too long. Loved him and Mercedes together!! Smile on girl, Smile on!!!

Comment by Elle – December 5, 2011 10:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • never realized how truly cute sam is until he’s been away for a while :-)
    Really hope he stays. he’s just so darn cute :’)

Comment by Alexandra – December 5, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why are so many people hating on a clearly attractive mixed race coupling? I think granted the writing has been at times a bit here
    or there but, I genuinely like the vibe and chemistry with this pairing as I do with the whole Darren Criss & Chris Colfler combo. I think people in this country need to get over the slight racial intolerance and give the pairing a shot. Thanks!

Comment by Brooklyn Grey – December 5, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I still find it hard to care either way – when the show ignores that they’ve been preparing with both groups under the required 12 members needed to qualify….but I’m sure the one group will randomly have enough and the New Directions will just tend to say a one-liner noting that they’ve been concerned about it the whole time…

Comment by CB – December 5, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO! NO! NO! SAM BELONGS WITH QUINN. ITS QUAM FOR LIFE!!

Comment by keri – December 5, 2011 02:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gross! This means Mercedes will have more scenes and since she is by far the worst character on Glee that makes me very unhappy. I can’t stand Mercedes it’s been that way since season 1. I wish she was smarter so she could graduate early so we would NEVER have to see her again.

Comment by Jewels – December 5, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by 13geekqueen – December 5, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sam is my fave from last season and hes hot. mercedes is my other fave, so they would make a perfect couple. and i hate mercedes bf. he beat up kurt in season 1.

Comment by 13geekqueen – December 5, 2011 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • sorry i posted 2. they said that i already said it so i said another 1.

Comment by 13geekqueen – December 5, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This might actually convince me to watch Glee again. I was about to give up on it last year until the scene of Mercedes and Sam holding hands. I was so happy for Mercedes and I really liked the idea of her and Sam together. Then, when the bomb was dropped that Chord wasn’t returning I lost interest. I keep trying to quit Glee but the possiblitly of a Sam/Mercedes romance is sucking me back in. D*mn you Glee! You got me again.

Comment by Elsa – December 5, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh… Why did Quinn have to be stupid and screw things up? They were perfect together… I feel like they’re forcing this couple-dome between Sam and Mercedes… Maybe Sam is better off just being single in general! I love him, and I love him and Quinn, but I feel like those two need to remain single and let Mercedes do her own thing.

Comment by Kate – December 5, 2011 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If you didn’t see the chemistry in that clip you are blind…Chord and Amber have a natural on screen chemistry that Mercedes sure doesn’t have with her BF. Samcedes is very cute! Just because she isn’t ‘conventional’ doesn’t mean Amber isn’t gorgeous!

Comment by MyTwoCents – December 5, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SAMCEDES!!! So excited about this storyline; I knew from the moment we saw them in s2 that it could be amazing, and I was right…Now with Shane in the mix, it’s even better, ups the tension and gives drama which I will love. But in the end it has to be these two, sooo cuuutee!!!! I love it

Comment by FREFFY – December 6, 2011 07:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg I love them together!!!! Im so excited for tonights episode :) I hope she picks Sam cause they seem better than her and her current boyfriend….Sam is better!!!

Comment by kelsi – December 6, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is going to get me to watch the show again. People are so close minded it’s not even funny.

These two have so much chemistry. Anyone that didn;t see it clearly wasn;t watching.

Comment by Noelle – December 6, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Also, the Mercedes hate is getting old.

“I hate Mercedes because she split ND up…” – Correction – Mr. Schue broke ND up by not giving a crap about any member other than Rachel Berry.

“I hate Mercedes because she’s a diva with an attitude…” – As opposed to Rachel (QUEEN Diva), Santana (QUEEN b**ch), and Quinn (who is currently trying to steal someones child). All these girls are loved while Mercedes is considered a brat because she had the nerve to stand up for herself.

All the haters say that it’s not because of her size and skin color, but if you’re not consistent (hating all characters with a diva attitude, for example), than how can we not think that?

Comment by Noelle – December 6, 2011 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If possible, Chord Overstreet got even hotter while he was off working on his music.

Comment by Meghan – December 6, 2011 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just want Quinn and Sam back together….not this zero chemistry poor excuse for a couple.

Comment by Jane – December 8, 2011 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post