Exclusive

Exclusive Glee First Look: Sam Fights to Win Back Mercedes, and She's Surprisingly [Spoiler]!

Trouty Mouth is fishing for a reunion.

Chord Overstreet’s Sam returns to Glee on Tuesday (8/7c on Fox) and he’s determined to pick up right where he left off last summer with now-ex-girlfriend Mercedes.

Glee Exclusive: Ricky Martin Poised to Play [Spoiler Alert]!

Of course, as Mercedes is quick to remind him, she’s got a new (and rather imposing) boyfriend now and she has zero interest in being at the center of another drama-filled McKinley love triangle.

But actions speak louder than words, and Mercedes’ actions — namely her facial expression in the final seconds of the following clip  — speak volumes.

Loading video...

For Glee Scoop 24/7 follow me on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Exclusive, First Look, Glee, Scoop, Video

1. Shannika says:

Breathe. Gosh I would smile like that too.

• yep says:

YES YES YES!!!!! He’s always been so adorkable and lovable to me and now we see to Mercedes as well. HOPE HOPE HOPE it happens for them. Soooooooooo good together. Sam has and always will be a favorite of mine. He’s not always hung up on his hunk body which is great BTW. Mercedes you go girl.

• Lili says:

I just love adorkable people…

• emae0731 says:

I’m happy for both stars. Merc has alway been a winner and Sam got deal some hard knots. I glad she is not the girl w/the gay friend and nothing else. She is bigger than life and has earn her place up front. Thank God Sam is not all about himself but can see the beauty inside and outside of her. He needs to fight for her to see herself in his eyes. I hope GLEE kept this up!!!!! GO!!!!!!GLEE!!!!

• clarissa heart says:

i agree that they should go out

• ashli says:

yes! he is so cute and how importent can her boyfriend really be we have only heard him talk twice in the last 7 episodes

• Jenn says:

I hope we don’t have to hear her boyfriend say anything else – he mumbled his way through some of the worst line delivery I’ve ever heard. If I’d cared what he had to say at all, I would’ve had to rewind it and put the captioning on.

• saquoia says:

LOL IKR SAM IS A HOTTIE HER BOYFRIEND IS NOT LOL SO IF SHE DONT WANT SAM I DO LOL

• izka says:

people ! do you have this video in youtube.com or something? because i can see it in this player ! help ! ;D

2. kela says:

I had about zero interest in them before this clip but now I think they’re kind of cute?!

• Rae says:

OMG SAME. I now get the love he always gets from his fans. i love him now. before i thought he was a nothing character but now, i’m in love with him and mercedes from this one clip… :/

• andie says:

OMG me too! This is the first time I have ever cared even a little bit about Sam. NICE!

3. heather says:

awwwww trouty mouth :)

4. Shannika says:

He is soooooooooo cute <3

5. maru says:

Oh no!! it’s like see Finn with Tina or Rachel with Artie!! there’s no chemestry there!! please don’t do that!! Quinn and Sam maybe but don’t return troudy mouth! enought people already

• ye says:

quinn and sam are the past… deal with it!

• maru says:

hahahhahaha i’m klaine team!! i have no interest in sam or quinn but sam and mercedes has no chemestry so i suggest ti put sam maybe with quinn!!

• lyla says:

i think you’re just a troll.

• Klaine SUX! says:

Don’t listen to Maru they don’t know anything about chemistry. If they did they wouldn’t love Klaine as much as they obviously do. KLAINE SUX! Get rid of Darren and Cory they are ruining the show!

• yep says:

Opinions vary but Cory is a wonderful actor and is perfect as Finn. I do like Darren as Blaine he’s really grown on me. Now as a big shipper of two of the most popular couples I’m very happy with these guys in their relationships. Especially s3. S2 Finn was written to be unpopular with fans. He was written to do some crazy selfish things that was o out of character to s1 Finn. But so far Finn s3 is more mature. Made mistakes but tries to be a better person. Not as selfish. Blaine is finally having a broader dimension to his character making him more interesting. As to ruining the show not to me at all. What is different is Kurt who is more passive s2 and s3. So at times I’ve been disgruntled about the writing in some of the s3 episodes but Finn and Blaine will be favorites of mine as is Sam and Puck.

• GleeFan says:

Chord seems to think otherwise. According to him, the possibility of them getting back together again in the future is still open.

• Bee says:

Really? I felt a lot of chemistry there. I seriously had no interest in this ship, just passing thru and saw this article. Wow, Samcedes is actually pretty cute lol.

• lc says:

Wow. I was NOT expecting that. They are freaking adorable! I mean, I thought they had potential from the little we saw of them in season 2, but I never expected the chemistry to be this amazing. This scene totally sold me. I guess I’m officially a Samcedes shipper.

• yep says:

I guess we saw different clip. There IS CHEMISTRY. They both had smirks on their faces. It’s gonna happen. I’m so happy.

6. adfasdf says:

Well… at least he’s not trying to get her to cheat on Shane.

7. rikk says:

omgomgomg!!!! SHIPPING SAMCEDES SO HARD RIGHT NOW!!

8. LC says:

They are so cute! I can’t wait to see more of this.

9. A says:

Say no to Samcedes.

10. Ricky says:

AWW! I cannot wait for this ep!

11. Quinn says:

Go, Sammy, go!! I am so glad Samcedes is gonna have a second chance!

12. Lauren says:

okay, that is adorable.

13. Alliah says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! They’re so effing adorable!

14. Rebecca says:

FABREVANS WILL NEVER DIE

15. Cy says:

Wow, that’s the most dashing I’ve ever seen Sam! And I like~ This could be an incredibly cute romance (err, love triangle… but I don’t really care about Mercedes’s current boyfriend). Glad to see Sam back!

• yep says:

Shane has been in the background with little or no screen presence. IMO his stint on the show is short lived. Samcedes YES YES!!!! Both of them smiling they know it will happen. Yes the chemisry is amazing.

16. Guada says:

God I love Samcedes! And I saw a LOT of chemistry there! I’m so glad the writers took this storyline back!!

17. goqh says:

is this real life ?

18. Susan says:

HER SMIRK! Samcedes is amazing!

19. L says:

no disprespect to the actor, but why they decided to bring Sam back is beyond me. He barely had a story arc last season, and now what, another love triange. Can Glee not get some creative writers who can do more than repeat the same story line over and over again.

No to Sam & Mercedes, and the less we see of him the better. Give Mercedes aq better story line than that, she deserves one.

20. Layla says:

Not feeling this pairing at all whatsoever. And not looking forward to yet another love triangle. If this is the sole reason they brought Sam back, I’d prefer they hadn’t then to be honest. Love Sam, but come on. -__-

21. Bonnie says:

Aw no! More Mercedes?! Glee has been so great without all her diva drama lately.

• Lessa says:

She has “diva drama” because the stupid writers don’t know what else to do with her.

• Neece says:

Wanna explain the difference between Mercedes ‘diva drama’ vs…Berry’s?

Yea, it got a bit ugly, but come on! Years of taking the back seat and then being put down in front of those who you come to see as another family?! I would’ve finally snapped too. And to see her blossom in The Troubletones has been stellar!

Sam and Mercedes FTW =D

22. Thomas says:

Samcedes. Somewhere a puppy is being nailed to a wall.

23. What a cute couple, who’da-thunk-it? I just hope Sam doesn’t pay for it with his face :X Her boyfriend is HUGE

24. Maverick says:

I love it. So glad they are revisting this storyline. Was bummed Murphy had kicked Chord to the curb, or Chord leaving. Whatever you want to believe. Plus, not feeling Mercedes’ new boyfriend either.

25. Emma says:

Sitting at my computer smiling like an idiot after watching this clip! Samcedes is back on!!!! Shane needs to gtfo

26. Luh says:

Samcedes not. I want Sam and Quinn together again.

27. Kayla says:

I’ve never cared about Sam and Mercedes’ relationship either way, but I am quickly becoming annoyed with it. It’s been all the media has focused on since it was announced that Chord was coming back, and I’m sick of having it shoved down my throat. I care way more about Sam as a character and I’d much rather he have a better story this season than trying to win over Mercedes. This clip really does nothing for me, except re-affirm that Sam is amazing and they never should have even thought about getting rid of him. I REALLY hope the writers’ boredom strikes soon and they move on from this to something more interesting.

• Thomas says:

I totally agree.

• Sarah says:

Seriously. I’m starting to think Sam might be the most genuine and sweet of all the male kids.

• Nancy says:

things that you go out of your way to do, ie read articles, comment on postings, watch videos, are not evidence of something being “shoved down your throat.” I think a whole lot of people really misunderstand what that means. It means being forced to partake in something, not simply being briefly confronted by a thing you find distasteful or mildly annoying.

• Noelle says:

As opposed to all the other two main couples on the show being shoved down viewers throats? ESPECIALLY Klaine.

28. Laura W says:

Wow I can’t stop smiling that was super cute!! I didn’t expect they would have that much chemsitry in one go!! And finally its a glee couple we can root for, we haven’t had those for ages!! Quinn and Sam was boring as hell, too perfect and peachy clean, yuck!!

• K says:

I agree. Quinn and Sam were painful to watch. I was so bored with them, I usually fast-forwarded through all their scenes.

• bytheseatofmypants says:

Me too. Like watching a sink drain. Besides, Quinn lied to and hurt him terribly for her selfish whims. Quinn is crazy and needs to be independent for now do some soul searching and find inner peace. Sam doesn’t need anything to do with her problems.

• Liesbeth says:

Don’t forget that Quinn also CHEATED on Sam (with Finn). Why some still want these together is beyond me.

29. Katie says:

Oh, this ought to be very interesting! Super Stoaked!

30. alexis says:

wasn’t interested in samcedes before this clip, still not interested in it after. why are they wasting screen time with this? in mercedes’ own words her relationship with sam was “so june” and it definitely should have stayed that way imho

31. Ogre says:

Mercedes bf looks like a 32yr old ogre. I was so disappointed with the casting. They could have done MUCH better.

32. Mark says:

I feel “Summer Nights” from Grease coming up soon.

33. iPhone user says:

Thank you fir the scoop bit I’m seriously getting pissed that almost every video posted on this site can’t be viewed on the iPhone. I love you ausiello but please do something at this!!!

34. ban samcedes says:

me fellow americans, have you signed the petition to ban samcedes? god bless.

• LOL, really? says:

Is this the one posted on the White House’s site? Uh…don’t you think the president has a little more to worry about than a fictional couple? As a registered voter, I’d prefer that he concentrate on, oh…I don’t know…the job market, our economy, healthcare, etc. But you kids have fun.

35. courtney says:

Welp, guess that’s it then. I was planning to start watching again, but won’t bother now. About to free up an hour a week on my DVR for something else.

36. Tee says:

Granted I had a really low bar for Samcedes, but the clip wasn’t bad. For once Sam didn’t seem completely uninteresting.

37. Stefhanny says:

Samcedes sucks .. please don’t try to shove it down our throats ..

38. Peter says:

So Chord Overstreet went away and came back as a sexy badass? I like.

39. Summer says:

Oh my god they are so darn cute! can’t wait to see how this plays out!

40. Mehvash says:

YESSSSSS! I’ve been waiting for this since last year’s prom episode. they were so cute and mercedes needs a guy who isn’t such the cliche football bruiser boyfriend. can’t wait to see this play out.

41. keys says:

moments like that is y i love glee. they make a cute couple, and i love the diversity that this show brings to life.

42. LikeAmberHateMercedes says:

I seriously hate that they don’t know what to do with Mercedes, her character has been utterly obnoxious and that bf of hers is horrid. A “sort of cute” moment doesn’t win me over. I’m not very hopeful when it comes to this storyline, the writing has been, at times, downright bad.

43. Lea says:

Sam and Mercedes for ever

44. Kali says:

Samcedes ftw!!!

45. CC says:

Omg!!! Totally loving samcedes!!! I want them together now!!!!

46. Abigail says:

That clip was just too cute.. Sam and mercedes better become a couple. So much chemistry there.

47. jenna says:

Sam-Mercedes will be a very good interracial romance if it handled properly. I hope the writers are up for this because Glee writers are not exactly brilliant.

48. Really? says:

What was that??! Wow, so apparently still has all the
    substance and contrivance of something scribbled on the back of a dirty diner napkin moments away from a script deadline.

This is painfully awkward and contrived, not cute. WHY would Sam be so determined to get back into a relationship that came from nothing and was composed of nothing? And especially after how insufferable and obnoxious Mercedes has been all
    season (or all series) and just her attitude towards anyone not herself in general. Samcedes, in the shard of canon
    there’s been (and in fandom) has only ever been about Mercedes (much like Mercedes in general, at least where a boy is involved)

Sam deserves much better than this. Sam deserves someone who
    actually gives a crap about him instead of “so last June”. Sam deserves someone who shows him the same kindness and respect he shows others. Mercedes is and never was that person.

Too bad the one person who *is* apparently is no longer an option for Sam…

• Thomas says:

Preach.

• Canoe says:

Preach (2). Worst mistake ever of the writers.

• Neece says:

Really? = EPIC FAIL!

I would love to know which one of Sam’s previous ‘Relationships’ and/or who you think would be better than Mercedes to be an option for him?

Did you watch the last season? It’s pretty clear when Sam and Mercedes could have started developing feelings for one another(I’ll just throw the Prom episode out there and hope you rethink your previous post a little).

And, btw – this clip is made of pure AWESOMENESS =D

• ashanti says:

uhm , alot of people actually watch this show and he’s actually very talented . idontknow why you decided to post something if you dont even watch or like the show . stop being a hater and how about stfu and get off the website or whatever .

49. Miffy says:

Does anyone really watch this show any more?

I hate anyone with the name “Chord”, especially this untalented jackass.

• CHORDLOVER says:

WELL , HE’S HERE TO STAY, AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, MORE THAN 7 MILLIONS PEOPLE TUNE IN TO WATCH “THAT SHOW” EVERY TUESDAY … :D
      OH AND HELL YEAH HE’S TALENTED -.-

50. SUJU says:

I prefer “”SAM AND QUIN”, and “PUCK with Sugar Motta” hahaha.