A Gifted Man: Will Kate and Michael 'Play Doctor'? 'She's Going to Start to See Him in a New Light'

This Friday on the fall finale CBS’ freshman medical drama, A Gifted Man, an emotionally charged case at Clinica Sanando brings Drs. Holt and Sykora closer together. But just how close? Will dearly not-quite-departed Anna’s ex-husband finally give himself over to another woman?

Rachelle Lefevre, who plays “Dr. Kate,” says that something is definitely developing between the docs as the season progresses.

“The No. 1 thing people ask me is that since there’s clearly chemistry between Dr. Kate and Dr. Holt, ‘What’s happening there?'” the actress tells TVLine.

Thing is, Kate is married, while Michael… well, he has issues with women (alive and otherwise). But at least one of those obstacles may not be all it seems. “Things between Kate and her husband (played by Law & Order: SVU alum Peter Hermann) are not ideal — there’s trouble in paradise — and that will explain some of why she’s been interested in Dr Holt, why she’s able to kind of notice him,” says Lefevre. “The problems at home are going to make her vulnerable, and I think she’s going to start to see Dr. Holt in a new light.”

In fact, at the time we spoke to Lefevre, she was shooting scenes in which an unlikely person — a newborn — plays a role in bringing the docs ever closer. “We’re filming an episode right now where there’s a baby,” Lefevre revealed, “and while holding the baby I have a nice bonding moment with him.”

Gifted Man fans, would you approve of a Michael/Kate romance?

1. maria says:

Yes, by all means, they look good together, if there’s “trouble in paradise”, especially. But when will CBS give us more?

2. Fido says:

Fido approves. :)

Being a big fan of Ms Lefevre I would also approve if they did away with all this dead wife haunting dr business so they had a chance at something long term. Maybe it’s just me, but having your dead-wife appear in the bedroom just as you’re about to get down and dirty with a redheaded vixen, well that does kinda ruin the mood… just a bit.

3. Allison says:

I would also like the show better if the ghost ex-wife finally went into the light.

4. Ashley says:

I love the chemistry between Michael and Kate. I was a bit pissed when they gave her a husband – it was such an unnecessary relationship block, you know? They could have not gotten together for their own internal emotional reasons rather than going that route.

5. Nick says:

Just got done watching it. It was amazing. But it was also very sad. :(

6. Bryan says:

Wife and I love the show. Hope it’s picked up
    For the spring.
    Was the song at the final ambulance death
    scene by COLDPLAY?

• RRCarlo says:

Yes, it was “Paradise” from “Mylo Xyloto.” I looked it up after I watched the episode and bought the album.

7. Deeded says:

Yes I would love to see them together Micheal is a kind loving person and so is kate so I say yes!!!

8. Tom says:

First of all, I love the show. At first I was drawn to it because of the supernatural elements of the ex-wife ghost.

But does anyone else notice that the “ghost” element of the show isn’t necessary? I am not sure what is going on with the show, but it almost feels like the ex-wife ghost is being forced into the scripts to keep with the premise.

I think this is a very good medical drama… but unless the writes find something “real” for the ex-wife ghost to do, I don’t see that part of the story going anywhere.

Oh and I would love these two to get together, the chemistry between the two actors is really good. However, the writes shouldn’t rush into it. Let it build over a season or two.

9. Gordon Werner says:

CBS … please don’t cancel this show … give it a chance

10. Definitely approve, however, I’ve noticed a huge shift in the time his dead wife is given in the series. She’s hardly there any longer, and I’m wondering if they are starting to play her part down. Doing so I shifted the focus of the story quite a bit. I can only say Patrick Wilson has been absolutely wonderful in this series. The man is a natural in the role, very convincing, and nice on the eyes. It would be interesting to see the love interest between the two increase, but will they play his dead wife into that decision? It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

11. Wendy F says:

Yes, I would love to see a Michael/Kate romance. I think that’s half doctor grumpy’s problem – he needs a good woman in his life, not just flings all over the place.

12. Allison says:

If the show makes it to season 2, maybe it will be revamped and the ghost ex-wife will be written out. She’s really not necessary to the show. She pushed her ex to help with her clinic, which he is doing on top of his regular job. Why can’t she rest in peace then?

13. barbara says:

i love the show, at first , i wasnt sure, but after i watched a couple of shows i was hooked, but i love the ghost of his ex wife poppong in and out. please bring the show backfor another season!

14. Leigh says:

please bring this show back. cbs shold have promoted it better. it was an awesome show.

15. Hi, thanks for sharing.

16. Stars and are offering you the chance to win a two night stay at the Bagthorpe Treehouse in Norfolk for up to four people.