Alias and Covert Affairs Hotties Face Off, Plus NCIS Vs. JAG in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes'

Round 2 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament continues with a spy-vs.-spy kerfuffle, and a showdown between a pair of military operatives.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Day 7: SVU Vs. The Closer, Unforgettable Vs. CSI, and More!

Indeed, we’ve got Alias‘ Sydney Bristow battling her heir apparent, Covert Affairs‘ Annie Walker, and JAG‘s Sarah ‘Mac’ MacKenzie trying to outlast the leading lady from her show’s spinoff, NCIS‘ Ziva David.

But, of course, in the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, two crime-fighters will enter, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you dialing 911 with an emergency of lusty proportions. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

New and Classic ‘Nikitas,’ Criminal Minds and CSI: NY Ladies in Day 8 of ‘Crime-Fighting Crushes’

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Sophie says:

There’s more too She also saw Tony about to get shot in cloak and tried to help him, comforted him again in False Witness when tony was upset about Brenda, Apologized to Tony in Reunion, In one of the episodes this season told Tony to be careful in Nature of the beast, Helped the little girls in Engaged, and many other moments. My point is Ziva has far more kindness moments than she does bad. That is why my vote is for and always will be Ziva!

• marion says:

And again…sorry, but I have to refute these.

1. She lost her cool in the fight situation Cloak – and then lectured Tony that HE couldn’t follow orders! Pot, meet kettle…
      2. I find her actions in False Witness reveal how completely LITTLE she knows about Tony. She basically told him they only like the class clown – which is Tony’s ACT! She clearly can’t see beneath the act to the real man. It’s Gibbs he goes to when he wants to be himself – as we’ve seen repeatedly in Flesh and Blood, Obsession, Baltimore and Restless etc etc. But what Ziva actually did was crushing in False Witness. She told him they didn’t like seeing the real Tony – they only wanted to see the clown Tony – they want him to be forever upbeat and cheering them up. They don’t like serious or introspective Tony, and they got annoyed when he was being super agent Tony because it showed them up. Really, she proved herself utterly shallow and self interested with what she said to him in False Witness. Basically, they want to put him in a box and keep him there. He’s not allowed to grow or be vulnerable. I think he got the message. And hopefully he knows he could never be his real self in any kind of relationship with her – because she’s not interested in seeing or understanding his real self. She’s too selfish.
      3. Excuse me – she APOLOGIZED to Tony in Reunion? That half-assed barely there apology for assaulting him when he had a broken arm, pulling a gun on him, and trying to get him thrown off the team and separated from a job and people he LOVES? You think THAT is an example that shows her good side? It didn’t go anywhere near far enough for a lot of us. She has no humility and she can’t bear to admit she’s wrong.
      4. If telling a team mate to be careful is the best you can come up with then okay.
      5. It was her job to help the little girls in Engaged. It cost her nothing! All she did was smile – I think anyone would have done THAT!
      And if that’s what you’re having to cite as examples then I think we can safely rest our case that she’s not a very nice person.

How often has Ziva done anything good that wasn’t self interested? She defused a bomb once at personal cost – I think that counts. But for the rest? Not so much.

• nice try says:

Thanks for making me laugh. And no, I won’t take the bait.
        The only thing you’ve proven is how hate can bias your interpretation of scenes so far, that you can’t be taken seriously anymore. Here are two quotes from Michael Weatherly about the False Witness scene:

“Something extraordinary actually happened in an episode we’ve shot. I’m not entirely sure that it was meant to be quite as big a moment as I think it became, and.. all I can say about it is that I feel that they touched the nerve, the live wire that..does excite everyone so about the Tiva. I think that, you see in this one scene..umh just how much she cares about him and how..how vulnerable he lets himself be around her, and so it’s.. I think it’s.. it’s very illuminating and instructive. “

“We wanted Tony to have no sense of humour for a whole episode,” Weatherly explained. “At the end, you realise an awful thing has happened to Tony and he’s just responding this way.”

Weatherly explained that the situation will lead to a touching scene between DiNozzo and Ziva (Cote de Pablo).

“Ziva confronts Tony about what’s going on and it’s her insight that allows him to unlock this thing that’s got a grip on him,” he said. “It’s the truest, most romantic and painful scene, and I think it may be my favourite series moment for DiNozzo.”

• marion says:

I note you only quote poor old Weatherly when it suits you. When he says the stuff you don’t like (and he’s said plenty that’s very anti-Tiva) he’s the devil incarnate.

And none of that refutes my interpretation of the scene as it stands and as DiNozzo’s STORY stands, especially in respect of what happens in later episodes and the light that casts on the entire scene with Ziva in this episode. She doesn’t know or understand him – that much is very clear.

I note you can’t find any examples from the actual SHOW to refute any of my points. As always with you people, you either resort to personal insults or you selectively quote an actor – and yet if someone quotes something the same actor has said that is negative about Ziva or Tiva you either ignore it or rant about it.

So far Weatherly has called Ziva a sociopath and likened her to a hooker. He’s called Tiva the death star and Cote has confirmed he’s not on the same page as her with it (she loves Tiva). When he directed OLS you guys were VILE about the poor man because you took it personally that he directed and collaborated in an episode where Tony had a love interest other than Ziva – and the actor was clearly into Tony’s relationship with EJ. None of what he says in respect of that is ever quoted in your little pro-Tiva/Ziva discussions though, is it?

2. Marcus Black says:

Ziva is the total package. Beauty, brains and strength.

In the words of Senior: when are you going to come to your senses and sweep this ravishing creature off her feet?

Senior is a Tiva shipper too!

• marion says:

If Snr likes her so much he’s welcome to her. Tony clearly doesn’t want her or he’d have ‘swept her off her feet’ before now. Rule 12 clearly isn’t stopping him as he went after EJ readily enough.

And Snr and Ziva would make a good couple. They’re both selfish, put themselves and their own interests first, and aren’t very nice or loving to Tony.

Yeah, I think they’d do well together. That’s a “Tiva” I could get behind!

• Marcus B says:

ah yes, but EJ was just a flash in the pan – he dumped her before the finale – you know when he was concerned about finding Ziva – because it’s different for him. He didn’t blink twice when she packed up her desk and left and we found out in the season 9 premiere he hadn’t seen her since that day – so… it’s not like they hooked up again. EJ lasted weeks – where Tony’s complicated relationship (even Dr. Cranston knows about it) with Ziva has been going on for years, and isn’t likely to end soon.

Bucking Rule #12 with EJ wasn’t about EJ at all – it was about Tony trying to find himself away from Gibb’s shadow. Tony never once expressed feelings for EJ – he was sleeping with her, she was easy to be around, she was someone to talk to. But when the chips were down – who did he comfort? Not EJ. Compare the EJ bathroom scene to the Ziva elevator scene. EJ was roll in the hay – someone to pass the time and relieve the tension. Ziva is someone he cares about.

3. Mary says:

really love Ziva.

4. dusty says:

I love Ziva!

5. David says:

Ziva!!!!

Ziva!!!!!

Ziva!!!!!

Yes, I LOVE Ziva

6. Ellie says:

I like NCIS – I like Ziva. I voted for her.

7. Audry says:

Wow…Ziva IS REALLY POPULAR. Never saw so many comments before. Even hatters comments are making her very-very popular. Well, if you have 20 mln viewers and hadsome guy in show ( I mean Tony) there are always some people ( not really many, just loud ) who are going to hate the “girl” :)
    She is getting my vote. Amazing girl.

8. John Paul says:

Yeap! Ziva is most crushable. awesome character played by awesome actress.

9. Christopher wren says:

316 comments on this poll and just about all of them are about Ziva. Love her or hate her – she causes the net to buzz.

go Ziva – I personally love her.

• Maverick says:

None of the other polls have generated this much activity so far.

• IMO says:

Actually some of the polls in the male crushable face offs had even more pages of comments.
        I followed a couple of those contests closely. But rarely did fans express open dislike for a character like they are with Ziva. Mostly the voters were expressing support for their favorite or feeling torn between the two.
        Ziva’s character while loved by many, was made to look pretty disloyal, cold hearted, selfish, and unrealistically super, and the repair job on her consisted of turning her into a soapish sad sack for a couple seasons. The writers did the character a disservice. The over focus on her in the last couple seasons of NCIS hurt her with some fans.

• Lilly says:

The only people who express their dislike for Ziva here are the CBS haters who spend their time bashing not only the character but also the actress EVERYWHERE. It’s always the same group and they are always saying the same thing. They are angry and bitter and cannot stand the idea that their precious Tony is crazy about her and doesn’t care at all about what she did at the end of season 6. Not only he was never mad, but he also couldn’t funtion when she was gone, he couldn’t care less about his team without her, he couldn’t live without her and thinks that she is priceless. It’s hard for them so they spend hours on the internet rewritting the show and saying how evil Ziva his and how much Tiva sucks even when it has nothing to do with Tiva. Because for them it’s always about Tony and they cannot leave Ziva alone.

• anothertonylover says:

Very nice synopsis of what is happening in the fandom right now.

I love Tony – he is my favorite character and while I don’t always like what the writers do with him – my dislike never has anything to do with Ziva. As a matter of fact, I think Ziva is good for him and wish that they put them together already.

Tony is my favorite, but Ziva is a VERY CLOSE second.

10. Tonylover says:

Amen IMO – that’s the most sensible post on this whole thread and sums up the situation in a nutshell.

11. zivarocks! says:

Love Ziva – she is my favorite character on the show.

12. zivagetsmyvote says:

Ziva gets my vote on this poll and any other she will appear in.

13. Clark S. says:

Whose more crushable? Ziva David – NCIS

14. zivafangirl says:

Ziva is most crushable!

15. jack says:

Ziva David is majorly hot. love her.

16. silencero says:

Ziva most crushable indeed. Don`t think she`ll win though *sigh*

17. Channel your energy! says:

Hey, is this thing still counting votes? Cuz Ziva’s been stuck at 65% for awhile now. It’s good, but still. How about channeling all this negative energy into voting for NCIS for People’s Choice? People say they’re fans of the show, yet fight about Ziva/Tiva/whatever. Svenja, I haven’t seen any tweets from kaylia, not since Brian, Michael, Pauley and Katie Barker asked for votes using the hashtags. TonyDinardo hasn’t done anything like that at all, is he (agent)just a cheerleader for Ziva/Tiva and not the show? None of the rabid on either side that I could identify on Twitter has shown much support for that campaign. As fun as this poll is, it means nothing. If you claim to support the entire show, not just one character, prove it.

18. Lou says:

When I saw the headline Alias vs Covert Affairs Hotties I was thinking the epic battle of beauty that would be Michael Vartan vs Sendhil Ramamurthy…. Oh well…

19. Woohoo says:

ZIVA. C’mon, she’s the adorable-st!

20. Carl says:

I am beginning to believe that the haters are bored middle aged women who have to imagine hot Tony/Gibbs sex in order to get their jollies. They certainly sound frustrated.

• Tonylover says:

And the Tiva fans are poor virgins who’ve never had a boyfriend because they are spoiled, entitled little princesses and are hoping that Ziva will get Tony to prove that the nasty girl does sometimes get the cute guy.

21. Carol Anne says:

TVLine needs to shut this comment thread down. It’s gone beyond crazy. I can’t believe some of the comments from both sides of the arguement.

People, these are fictional characters and it’s a TV show – you are attacking real people for the sake of a fictional character. Do you not see the idiocy of that?

I guess it’s true – the internet really does bring out the worst in people, because I hope you wouldn’t talk to each other face to face like this.

I don’t have a dog in this fight – I don’t watch NCIS and probley never will.

22. Estefany says: