Alias and Covert Affairs Hotties Face Off, Plus NCIS Vs. JAG in 'Law-Enforcement Crushes'

Round 2 of our Ultimate Female Law-Enforcement Crushes Bracket Tournament continues with a spy-vs.-spy kerfuffle, and a showdown between a pair of military operatives.

‘Law-Enforcement Crushes’ Day 7: SVU Vs. The Closer, Unforgettable Vs. CSI, and More!

Indeed, we’ve got Alias‘ Sydney Bristow battling her heir apparent, Covert Affairs‘ Annie Walker, and JAG‘s Sarah ‘Mac’ MacKenzie trying to outlast the leading lady from her show’s spinoff, NCIS‘ Ziva David.

But, of course, in the single-elimination world of the TVLine Thunderdome, two crime-fighters will enter, but only one will leave!

Every afternoon over the next few weeks, in fact, we’ll launch another set of bouts that will have you dialing 911 with an emergency of lusty proportions. So make sure the right choice is made by heading down to our polls to vote for your favorites (Round 1 voting will be open for 72 hours), and hit the comments to justify your picks.

(Oh, and in case you’re wondering/fretting, we put a cap of two cast members per show, which meant some fan favorites had to warm the bench this time around.)

New and Classic ‘Nikitas,’ Criminal Minds and CSI: NY Ladies in Day 8 of ‘Crime-Fighting Crushes’

Also, if you’re interested in the match-ups we’ve got planned for the coming weeks, CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE ENTIRE 64-PLAYER BRACKET (then click again for a zoomed-in view) — and sign up to follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV.

Now ready, set, vote!

1. Slizabeth says:

ANNIE WALKER ALL THE WAY!

2. Sally says:

Well done Slezak for setting up the divisions and anticipating outcomes for the most drama. Potential Olivia vs. Scully and Scully vs. Brennan, Criminal Minds ladies, NCIS vs JAG, Nikitas new and old, spies vs. spies….list goes on and on.

Interestingly it looks like Beckett will make it to semi finals without much competition.

3. Amanda says:

MAC!!
    But gosh that was hard! Mac vs Ziva? What are you trying to do to me?

4. Ryan says:

Come on, Agent Bristow!

5. Svenja says:

Ziva!!!
    She’s just a natural, wild beauty.
    Love her so much!!

6. Clois1938 says:

Ziva David she was the reason I started watching NCIS :)

7. Francis says:

Mac! The leading lady of ‘NCIS’ for the leading lady of it’s parent show. Mac is beautiful, kickass, and intelligent!

8. Michael says:

Sarah ‘Mac’ MacKenzie she didnt try to kill her whole team and then ask them to forgive her that its her daddy flaut

• Francis says:

No. No she did not.

• silencero says:

great it’s the michael troll again. and wow aren´t you observant? indeed mac didn´t do these things, thanks for stating the obvious.

• Deb says:

OMG! Fan of JAG and NCIS… it didn’t happen on those shows. This happened on Alias or Covert Affairs?! That’s terrible! So glad I voted for Ziva!

• Svenja says:

LOL of course because psychologically our daddy issues do often determine our wilder side…
      Ziva is so mean an evil that she built a big bomb trap and tried to kill the team… wuuuuhu great scenario LOL.
      (I am obviously kidding here).
      Sometimes I wonder whether people are actually watch the same show as I do..

• Lilly says:

Oh really? And when did that happened? We are clearly not watching the same show because I never saw Ziva trying to kill her whole team.

• Svenja says:

She didn’t even try to kill Tony. She had no intention of pulling the trigger…

But noooo in alternative universe Ziva is an evil… person, who runs around shooting all of her friends, blowing them up and playing baseball with they body parts *irony*.

• Blix says:

You NEVER pull a loaded weapon on someone unless you INTEND to pull the trigger. NEVER! That is the second rule of gun safety you learn, after ALWAYS ASSUME IT’S LOADED.

The fact that NCIS wrote that entire scene and NEVER dealt with any kind of repercussions was a horrible failure on their part, both for the drastically dangerous handling of a weapon AND for threatening her “partner’s” life. ANYONE in a law enforcement position would have their badge stripped away for pulling a stunt like that.

• Stitch says:

I doubt that in real life someone from an foreign Agency, with a brother who was a terrorist and killed an NCIS agent, who proved to be so sure about her loyalty could be near top secret files which engage National Security like Ziva is could be an NCIS agent.
          Ducky is a little too old and in real life, would be retired.
          Abby wouldn’t work alone with blazzing music.
          Tony wouldn’t never ever do any undercover work again…and still does them.
          A very very very serious investigation would have been done on Jimmy because he dated a spy. (Even if it was against her will).
          I am not sure Jenny could have become the head of the NCIS with her father.
          And don’t make me start on Gibbs we could spend the night.
          And at the beginning, nobody would have put McGee on the field.

And yet I adore the show. I adore the characters, especially Abby. I love Ziva and I miss Kate, I want to hug Tim and be hugged by Gibbs and make babies with Tony.

Pointed that it couldn’t have happen in real life isn’t a valid argument. You can say that about every TV Show in this poll. That, my friend, is the argument of a loser.
          Try again.

• Kathi says:

This is a tv show, not real life and in case you haven’t noticed, tv shows tend to be a tad unrealistic sometimes. It’s called entertainment. If you want real life scenarios watch “Cops”. then your comments would be relevant.

if that were the case, all of Team Gibbs would be behind bars. They ALL have stretched, even broken the law numerous times. Again entertainment, not reality tv.

The only thing that is “real” is what is played out on screen. and while you still may harbor resentment against Ziva, Tony and the rest of the team do not.

• Blix says:

And this is where the show totally and utterly FAILED.

The handling of a weapon is very serious business, and for a show like NCIS to be so cavalier about it is deplorable.

• barb says:

Please people! The writers wrote the scripts!! So we have two great actors with Michael Weatherly and Cote de Pablo. I guess they did their JOBS very well to rile up peoples dander.That is why they are number one! Go Ziva!!!

• Missy says:

GET.OVER.IT. This happened 3 f’n years ago. The team forgave her for her mistakes. But I guess you are someone who has never made mistakes in life, who has never needed someone to forgive you for something you should not have done. Congratulations then, you’re perfect.
          Stop bothering the people who enjoy both Ziva (and her flaws and despite her mistakes) and the show and get a life.

• cab321size26 says:

Ziva is ziva-licious. She has my vote,

• KK says:

Did not deal with any of the repurcussions of pulling a gun on Tony? Are you kidding me?! You need to re-watch the episode + Truth or Consequences & Reunion…And maybe Good Cop, Bad Cop too. Not only that, but a friggin’ assassine knows how to handle a gun. When you are as pissed off as Ziva was at Tony & that person is yelling in your face – pretty much taunting you & you have been trained in the ways she was then of course she is going to do what she did. That scene was not handled lightly. It was extremely serious and was not at all “cavalier”.

• Styx says:

first, it’s not real life. second, he killed her “boyfriend” and she’s over the top mad. third, if you watch episode for episode from season 3, you could see and realize that she’ll never pull the trigger even if she puts a gun to his chest. so please don’t try to screw NCIS and their writers for that, because its interpreted, its emotional and it has tension, which is why shippers ship them. AND, because it IS israel, she had the license to kill him and still get out of jail free, if you listened when she said “only two people can touch him” “one’s your father, who’s the other one?” “me.”

okay – so putting it in a chunk, here goes why she wouldn’t shoot him, or why he just stood there to be shot.
          She had seen past their differences to realize the way he’d give himself up for her to feel better, to let her point a gun at him if it did change anything at the very least. And up to that point, from trying to see past the betrayal and lies she displayed and told him about Michael, all those that hurt him so much, he still had the faith and trust in her like he always had, unwavering when she pressed the gun into his chest and knowing she wouldn’t shoot. But even if he knew he could have had guessed wrong, and she had given up on everything between them and decided to pull the trigger just for the rush of adrenaline and to satiate that bloodlust at the back of her head, he would still have let her done it just because it satisfied her.

that’s why we ship.

• Nubie says:

And yet, the FACT – which Svenja wonderfully pointed out to you although you still didn’t seem to get it – was that no one “pulled a gun” on ANYONE. It amazes me that people watching a scene only see what they want to see.

Pull up a chair – time for class:

Ziva was using the gun as part of her description, from her amazing, elephantine memory, to repeat verbatim Tony’s case report on what went down with Michael Rivkin. “Bloody, gasping for air,….etc.” was the detailed description involving the gun (“four in his chest”) in DiNOZZO’S report. Conclusion: Ziva was furious with, well…both Mossad & NCIS at that point, but she was never, EVER trying to actually pull a gun on DiNozzo.

Now, if even Tony understood that fact, as well as Gibbs – what is YOUR excuse?? Something to think about the next time you incorrectly rehash the past history of the show.

• Listen carefully, I'll speak slowly says:

Where I come from, and most people seem to agree, we have a healthy respect for firearms, especially loaded ones. Using one as a means of “demonstration” is not only stupid, but dangerous and any law-enforcement officer will tell you this. You seem to use the phrase “pull a gun” as one that you can only use when it’s unholstered with intent to injure or kill. No, when you take a gun out of your holster, you are pulling it. Period. As for Gibbs and the team understanding that? No, the writers and Shane Brennan blew it off, period. There was no forgiveness, there was a dropped plotline. Dropped like a hot potato because SB was shocked that his dramatic “moment” had people hating Ziva. There is no logical, rational, acceptable excuse for Ziva shoving a gun into Tony’s chest when a sharp poke with a finger would have done just as well and hurt just as much – especially when poked by a “ninja assassin.”

• NCISDar says:

So not the point and you know it. If that’s your logic, then no cop is justified in riddling a person with bullets if they point a gun at the cops. Oh, and you are not justified to shoot anyone to protect yourself or your family just because they point a gun at you. After all, they had no intention of pulling the trigger, so what’s the problem? The show went too far with that whole scene and the consequence – well, just what is the state of Tiva these days? Thriving? Nope. Barely existent.

• Maeve says:

• NCISDar says:

Right. Where have I heard that before?

• Stitch says:

That’s good news. However, while I enjoy it, I am not sure that NCIS is the kind of show you watch for one ship.

• NoChance says:

In your dreams.
            Michael didn’t say that Tony and Z were coming. As a matter of fact he’s long been against the hookup.

That horrid pairing happens I’m gone. Gun or no gun she assaulted him. No lovey dovey should come from that. Ever.

Mac all the way. At least she never assaulted Harm – and that to me makes her much more “crushable”.

• Kristen says:

MW did say that Tony was working towards a possible relationship with Ziva. he said that in an interview just two months. the interview that you speak of took place three years ago. So, comments from 2 months ago are more relevant than comments from 3 years ago.

if you have the Season 8 DVD’s watch Michael’s commentaries – he has a quite a few positive comments about Tiva.

Step into the present and quit living in the past.

You can deny all you want. that’s ok, if it helps you. We’ll talk again at the end of the season and evaluate Tiva’s status. ;)

• Katie says:

Is Michael Weatherly for a Tiva relationship now? Damn. I started losing interest in Tony when the show became focused on Tony and Ziva. Sorry, I just find it so boring. I also hated the continual putdowns by Ziva about him being old and fat. Ugh. But he’s looking incredibly HOT this season and I’m enjoying the character exploration and seeing more of his relationship with Gibbs, AND he’s now back to my favorite again. I find him such an interesting and deep character on his own so I’ll be disappointed if they pair him up with Ziva. Ah well… still got Gibbs, Abs, McGee and Ducky to look forward to if that happens.

• Blix says:

Michael is no where near that stupid. He says what he says because it plays well for a segment of the audience, and gets the Tiva-shippers riled up. Like I said… far from stupid. He has long been against the idea of getting characters together on a show. he’s seen what it does to shows from the inside out, it kills interest.

As a matter of fact, “JAG” is a prime example. The more they pushed the Harm/mac coupling, the more the show dropped in the ratings, until by the end the show was at half it’s previous level in popularity.

• ncisfan4ever says:

MW said that Tony would be working out things on his own for while, and that MAYBE down the road he and Ziva could think about a relationship. Pretty vague to me, and it could just be working on a friendship and not romantic. Trying to use his comments to “prove” he ships Tiva and that T/Z will inevitably happen, is just twisting his words to mean what you want them to. As Ziva told Tony , nothing is inevitable.

• Svenja says:

LOL another round of pro vs. anti…
          And another round of “oh Ziva is such a psychopath in Alyiah”.
          Never gettin tired of this after 2 and 1/2 years….buuuujaaa..

• Maeve says:

don’t you love how some people seem to know what Michael “means” and what his thoughts and feelings are.

I am sure he loves it when people speak for him.

All we are doing are reading the words as written and taking them at face valve – not looking for hidden meaning or agendas.

the words are what the words are. So, unless you know Michael personally and can speak for his thoughts – stick witht he words.

And the words from years ago are old hat, but it that’s all your basing your intentions on – you need to catch up and get out of 2008 or so.

You’re so right.
            We can only interpret things.
            MW’s attitude has somehow changed a little bit over the years, but what he thinks RIGHRT NOW?… who knows that?
            MW seems to change his mind a lot…so what.
            He doesn’t have a say when it comes to certain decisions. Neither does Cote… we will have to wait and see what TBTB will do or not do.

And I still don’t get what Tiva or MW’s take on Tiva has to do with this poll! LOL
            It’s about Ziva.
            You prefer Mac….vote for her.
            You love Ziva…vote for her… it’s a personal choice. I know some of the anti folks will vote for every woman, who’ll be up against Ziva….
            It’s their choice and it is also my choice to vote for Ziva…
            Don’t make everything about Tiva, Alyiah, MW, Tibbs…whatever.
            Yes, Tony won the poll… so whaT?
            I doubt Ziva will win, but I will try to make it happen because I love her character and believe that recent Ziva is crushable.
            The whole discussion here is redundant, ridiculous and most of it is off-topic.

• KK says:

Uh – Ziva never tried to kill her whole team. What the heck are you talking about?

9. Louise says:

Sydney Bristow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most awesome tv character ever

10. CharlieBlue says:

Sarah ‘Mac’ MacKenzie, only for me. I love Ziva David, but I love Mac more, since I loved her and JAG before even NCIS sprung from it. Plus, Mac is just more beautiful in my opinion, with her mixed Iranian/English heritage. Though she seems to have fallen behind. :(

11. Mayra says:

Annie Walker is a sweet girl, but Sidney was a cutie. She’ll always have my vote.

12. Anna says:

sidney and Ziva for me !

13. pardon says:

if sydney bristow doesn’t win this whole thing, there is no justice in the world

14. Tim the tum says:

Easy day for me (Sydney and Ziva) but I wish someone would update the bracket with the first round results at least.

15. estefania says:

ZIVA DAVID ALWAYS

16. LB says:

I love Piper Perabo but Sydney should win this whole tournament!!!

17. Blix says:

Sydney Bristow for sure! She did such hugely varying undercover work. Didn’t care much for the plots they were trying to weave into Alias (and couldn’t seem to ever really make them work without seeming horribly convoluted), but Syndey was definitely a Top Notch spy!

And Mac FTW! The original and still the best; a solidly (most of the time) written female military character who didn’t fall into most of the traps Hollywood writers seem to always run into when it comes to female characters. (Well, until the end, anyway, when they just had to do the Harm/Mac thing which just killed the show)

• NCISDar says:

Yes, the hasty Harm/Mac get together in less than 10 minutes at the end of the series did kill the show…but did allow me to be able to say, “Forget JAG”, and to fully embrace NCIS, which I’ve watched faithfully since Ice Queen and Meltdown. I try hard not to think about the Harm/Mac final pairing and never bought the last season JAG DVD because of it.

But I loved Harm and I loved Mac, and I hope Mac wins this round. Though I am gonna go for Sydney ftw!

18. Kimmy says:

Mac, for sure! Beautiful, intelligent, honorable, and a dedicated Marine! ooh-rah!

19. nonabgo says:

Alias rocks! I hope Sid wins, I was bummed Vaughn didn’t.

20. Justin says:

Love that first one. Sydney Bristow vs Annie Walker was a tough choice for me since I love both shows and both women. I’d have to give the slight edge to Bristow because I like her looks a little more than Annie (but she’s still hot, though!). Annie can definitely kick butt, but Sydney was a straight-up assassin at times!

21. Kathryn says:

Ziva all the way!

22. Dean says:

Ziva is hot, hot, hot

23. Stevie says:

I love Ziva. She got me hooked on NCIS and the reason why I continue to watch.

Ziva all the way. Ziva! Ziva! Ziva!

24. EDITOR says:

IT’s ZIVA ZIVA ZIVA all the way….she is so very beautiful and talented…

25. zoya says:

Ziva David – she kicks ass and looks good while doing that!

26. Tasha says:

MW interview from 09/2011 which supersedes all previous interviews, comments by time & relevancy. people can and do change their minds.

Tony is working thru issues and I see Ziva doing the same. I would not be surprised to see Tiva by end of season or early next season.

Stay tuned. Time will tell who is right. Until then….

• Lee says:

I hope you are right. I would like to see them get together.

I voted for Ziva and Sydney. love them both.

• Katie says:

Oh damn. I hadn’t seen that interview before. So, in other words, all Tony’s character growth this season is so that he can be worthy of Ziva in the end?? What an absolute shame. :(
      I was really hoping they were working to give Tony more professional responsibilities and heading towards a more equal partnership with Gibbs and showing us just why Gibbs depends on him.

• NCISDar says:

Well, if it’s all for Ziva, that’s too bad. I also thought they were finally showing us why Gibbs thinks tony is the “best young agent he’s ever worked with” and why Gibbs depends on Tony. Sigh.

• Bllix says:

It would certainly be a shame if the idea of Tony’s growth is all for Tiva… not to mention an insult to Michael as an actor. he brought Tony to life two years before Cote de Pablo was even a thought in anyone’s head… to imply that his character serves no purpose except as a love interest for Ziva is an insult.

I’m still hoping all this recent growth (which looks a LOT like damage control after the last two seasons of the same complaints regarding Tony’s dumbing down from his fans, (and from Michael himself, per the “Dynamic Duo” TV Guide interview) finally sank in) is more about proving why Gibbs relies on Tony so much, why he is senior field agent, and how he is “the best young agent [Gibbs] ever worked with.”

• tonyfan says:

didn’t realize the two were mutually exclusive. I guess some people are too one dimensional.

I like the idea of Tony with Ziva – I know there are those who don’t.

• Stupid says:

MW didn’t do anything, the creator of the show brought Tony to life, MW is only playing the part, just like Cote de Pablo is only playing a character. Get over it. It is not an insult at all to the actor and no one ever said that he served no purpose except being a love interest for Ziva, you did, Tony is a character that has the right to have a love story with the woman he loves, periode. You are an insult to his work and any other actors work.

• nsis4ever says:

No!! That’s not what MW was saying. Tony has his own issues to work out, on his own. Clearly he was responding to a Tiva question, and speculated that maybe later he would be ready for some sort of relationship. People should change and mature and grow for THEMSELVES, not some prospective lover. It’s so unfair to assume all Tony’s growth this season has been to make him “worthy” of the always-perfect Ziva. Obviously anyone who feels that way doesn’t care about Tony, and only wants their fav to have a handsome piece of eyecandy on her arm (or is that leash?).

• Robby says:

Thank you for posting this. this made me very happy.

I hope it happens sooner rather than later!!!!

• Blix says:

I’m guessing this line:

“But it might make him more able down the road more able to approach a relationship with Ziva”

is the core of your argument here?

Frankly, it’s hardly conclusive evidence of anything, let alone a bankable promise of Tiva… and hardly much to go on.

• Svenja says:

But not enough to ignore it as well… (apparently).
        Let’s get back to topic. This poll, article whatever isn’t about Tiva at all. It’s just a hotness ranking…
        It’s getting obvious that you antis turn almost every article about NCIS into a discussion about Tiva, which makes it to be even more popular….

• Antonia says:

Exactly. Their hate is keeping it alive just as much as our love.

This is an issue that will be discussed for years after the show ends and Tiva rides off into the sunset together. lol

Vote for Ziva!

• barb says:

Unfortunately they have brought EJ back and I have a feeling they are going to put them together in a off screen relationship! Ugh! But it is Ziva all the way for me!(If not Tony bring Damian back)

• Miss Elliott says:

the words are what the words are – take them however you want.

However they are more than “subtext”.

We can argue this all day and neither of us will be right or wrong – because it’s a future event, but the ground is being laid for a possible relationship.

I use possible, just like he did, because I for one don’t want to put words in his mouth or give the impression I know what his agenda is.

keeping it real – unlike some people who fool themselves into thinking they know what he “meant” or “why” he said something.

They believe him when he says something to their liking, but the second he says something that interfers with their idea of what the show or character is about – then he didn’t really mean what he said – he actually meant … (fill in the blanks)

• srsly says:

Considering the writer of this article is fixated on “Tiva” and how quotes can be twisted [have had it happen personally and couldn't do a thing about it], I’ll take the entire body of evidence rather than one suspect article. LOL

Regardless, any further shipping of these two characters is toxic to the characters and the show. The harmless initial flirting, as much as Ziva also showed a nasty side from the moment she was introduced, was tolerable. I am constantly fascinated at how her actions through the years are glossed over by people who wish to pair them up. Why not McGee? They actually seem to have a lot to offer each other.

• NCISDar says:

I could so get behind that pairing. And since NCIS is into twists 3/4 of the way into each episode, it wouldn’t be out of character for the show to put a twist in the pairings 3/4 of the way into the show’s life. Works for me. McGee is kind and patient with Ziva – a gentle friendship which could evolve into more. I like it! McGiva. Works for me.

• Katie says:

I too love McGiva. They seemed to click right from S3 and both characters bring out the best in each other. I really adore their scenes together because they’re so unguarded in their friendship. I can really see McGee and Ziva ending up together because they actually seem happier when they’re with each other than apart. I also think there’s more going on there than meets the eye and I suspect Tony senses it. I hope we see more of them together!

• Seriously says:

Toxic says you. Some of us would like to see the relationship develop.

The body of evidence? Clearly points to Tiva.

• srsly says:

Yes, toxic. Unless you condone people getting into/remaining in relationships with their abusers in the name of Twoo Luff. Abuse is abuse. Lack of remorse is what it is as well. If an abuser will not change for the better the other person needs to get the heck out of Dodge.
            If this ‘relationship’ was actually consummated, it would be a shark-jumping moment. Enough damage has already been done to the other characters in the name of Ziva’s ‘evolution’
            Why do we need ‘ships at all? Why Tony for Ziva? Isn’t anyone else pretty enough for her?
            Ugly is as ugly does and Ziva’s characterization is impressively ugly.

27. MM says:

Bristow! Named my dog after her! :)

28. Maverick says:

Awesome name for a dog :)

29. Matt says:

Sarah “Mac” MacKenzie!!! A great portrayal of a Marine. She looked HOT in her uniform and SIZZLING out of it. Anyone remember the bikini? I’ll never forget. OOH LA LA… or better still OOHRAH!

30. jonathon says:

definitely Annie Walker. cannot believe she is losing?!!

31. Plum says:

Nooooooo!!! How do you pit Annie against Sydney so soon?!!

32. quandry says:

Never watched JAG, but can’t stand Ziva. Wasn’t JAG on like ten years ago? Seems like some competitions are way easier to win than others.

33. Tay says:

MAC!!!! Need I say more?!

34. Sarai says:

MW even tweets Tiva. Ziva has my vote.

Michael Weatherly (@M_Weatherly)
    12/1/11 8:42 PM
    #TIVA from the archives… Classic #NCIS : pic.twitter.com/IE8ic3Fl

• NCISDar says:

Ah, yes, the archives. Is that like when my computer programs pop up with a message saying, “you haven’t used these files in a while. Would you like to archive those files now?” Like put ‘em in storage out of the way of the things that are still relevant and useful.

• nan says:

Sour grapes?

The photo may have come from the archive, but the tweet was from yesterday.

Who knows, MW may archive photos after two weeks.

• srsly says:

With the seriously creepy tweets “Tiva” fans have been sending MW, what do you expect??? He also made a Gibbs/Dinozzo mention, so what do you make of that?! ;) Subtext can be fun, having your father grope your partner while he asks you why you haven’t gotten her laid isn’t, just sayin’.
          NCIS fans have been incredibly fortunate over the past month – MW has been so fun and generous on Twitter and yet some “Tiva” fans have gone as far as to suggest he leave his wife for her! Hello?! Actor/character, kids! There’s a difference! *ick* Way to drive yet another actor back into the shadows….

35. Sarai says:

Still Tiva, tweeted by MW yesterday. Maybe this picture, he especially liked.

36. Silver says:

Mac for sure! Catherine Bell brought Mac to life with an innate elegance and honor, and her striking half-Iranian features make her an exotically beautiful woman!

37. Svenja says:

Guys…this is just some hotness poll.
    Why do we have to make everything about Tiva…
    It’s not even related to the topic!! LOL

• Svenja says:

I am a big Tiva fan, but another redundant discussion about something the poll doesn’t touch at all is just plain ridiculous..

38. Terry says:

Ziva all the way.Seriously what does Tiva have to do with this poll ?Guess some can’t waste a chance to spread the hate.

Amen Terry….

• srsly says:

The poll is who is crushable. Would you more crush on a beautiful, sweet, brave, intelligent Marine or an operative who helped her brother blow away a special agent then lied to her team for several years, derided at least one member on a regular basis, hid a murderer, accused Tony of a serious crime and took him back to where she told him she could have him killed with impunity, threw him on the ground while he was injured, told him she wished he was dead and thrust a gun into his chest, then, when she wheedled her way back onto the team after he rescued her, again treated him like crap, turning surveillance off on him while she was his back up, accusing him of being jealous when she hid her next ‘boyfriend’ who was also a spy [as if Tony had no right to be concerned/curious after the way the last hidden bf turned out for him] and so it goes….? Which person would you want your family member with? Would you respect a woman who stayed with a guy who treated her this way? That’s what this has to do with the poll – who is more crushable as a character. For me, it’s no contest.

• Lily says:

Shut up you angry hater.
        You need to watch the show again. Ziva never helped her brother to kill Kate. You are so ridiculous. She also never said that she wished he was dead, you need to listen again. She never treated him like crap after Somalia, quite the opposite, she was always very supportive and here for him every time he needed her. And why not mention McGee for the surveillance thing? Because not only Ziva was not alone but it was not a big deal at all. It had nothing to do with back up, he was in no danger, they were listening to suspect voices.
        You are just some angry hater who cannot stand that your favorite character is completely in love with Ziva (face it the only things that you have against her are all about Tony). Stop being so bitter and ridiculous, you sound like a jealous teen. And you are making up most of what you are saying. You really need to watch the show again.

• estefania says:

well said

You nailed it Lily…well said

• NCISDar says:

Oh, that’s funny! Tony was in no danger because as you say, “they were listening to suspect voices.” They were trying to find the person who may have killed 3 people (the suspect), Tony was the only one who might come face to face with that person (the suspect) but he’s in no danger at all searchng for that voice. Amazing logic there.

• srsly says:

She treated him like crap – rewatch seasons 7 and the first half of 8 again without your 7th grade dewey google eyes and tell me if that’s how you treat the person you allegedly ~love~.

He loves her so much he twitches when she touches him, shudders when she makes suggestive comments? She loves him so much she chooses to turn off surveillance when he’s looking for a terrorist/murderer? I think your view of acceptable behavior and mine are very different and, if that is love, then I’ll pass on that. This type of love is the kind that ends in a murder/suicide and considering how many weapons Ziva typically is packing, Tony might want to invest in a Tyvek Zegna suit.

• srsly says:

As for ‘not killing Kate’ – yes, she did not pull the trigger but she did collect and provide intel on the entire team, including the details about Gibbs’ family, which led to Ari choosing to kill the women first to get to Gibbs; she did choose to not neutralize Ari until after he had the chance to carry out his plan to try to wipe out an entire pier and battleship full of people and then killed Kate; she did try to get him out of the country afterwards but ended up killing him only on Daddy’s orders, not because she wanted to save Gibbs. Shortly thereafter, after Tony had the terrorists beat the crap out of him to save her in “Undercovers”, she had a team dinner and excluded him and so it goes…
            Allowing her back on the team after everything that happened with lying about Ari and the Rivkin situation, really corrupted the Gibbs character as well. I’m glad Tony has not been quite as welcoming as the rest and has had a couple of reminders in the past two seasons as to why it’s not all sunshine and balloons.

• Svenja says:

I still don’t get why we are discussing Alyiah (again LOL) here, but anyway.
            Tony hasn’t been as welcoming as the others? ROLF…
            He risked his life to kill Saleem for her. It was HIS move in ToC.
            He did that for her…
            Tony is not the kind of guy, who says “I am glad you’re here” now. He certainly is. He certainly cares enough about her to go on a “suicide mission” to a terror camp to take vengeance.
            They all did. Because people do make mistakes. Forgiveness is an art. Believe it or not, the team is a family. Ziva is a crucial part of it. Gibbs even regards Ziva as “one of his kids”.
            Ziva is a complex character, who has been through crap and still managed to change. She’s alive, she has changed. She has been brave and dumb. Both.
            Actually, Ziva and Gibbs are characters, who are very alike.

• srsly says:

We’re discussing why Ziva is not crushable. The events in Aliyah certainly add to her list of questionable behaviors. So, what you’re saying is, no matter what a person does, it is excusable when your statute of limitations runs out which, apparently with Ziva, is the next day? ROTFL!
            Tony has been less enthused about Ziva – not as much as he should be, since she has not exactly apologized for all of her crappiness, she just acknowledged that he has always been there for her.
            Tony risked his life because he was tired of people around him dying and saw a chance to do something about one person. He also tends to blame himself for things he has no control over. As far as he knew, Ziva was dead, not out there in the desert waiting for him to save her. When they found her, her first comment to him wasn’t exactly friendly and he told her to get over herself [at least that's what the episode I watched in the real world had in it]
            Has Ziva changed? I still see the entitled, self-centered, deluded brat we have been watching since Season 3. Maybe a little less wild, but no less manipulative or endearing and made less so by vociferous fans who beat us over the head with the Tiva nonsense and how awesome this character is when flawed only begins to describe her.
            Flawed characters can be awesome, but they have to have some pathos – Ziva doesn’t so she isn’t. Characters need to evolve in some manner, Ziva has stagnated – there’s no ~improvement~ in her character, just static changes.

• Svenja says:

I still believe we are watching a different show… oh boy how reception can differ is kinda impressive.
            Not going to respond to your “analysis” because I’ve responded to these kinds of posts too often.
            You take every opportunity you can get to verbalize the same…stuff… over and over again. Even a crushable-poll is your target.
            You’re putting a lot of energy in explaining how awful Ziva is over and over and over again in big, big posts.
            Apparently, a lot of people do not agree with you and just wanna have fun. If you cannot do that, that is your problem, not mine.
            The broad majority does see Ziva in the same light as I do. Otherwise CBS and TBTB wouldn’t have contracted her for more seasons…
            I love Ziva, I love the show, I love Ducky, Tony, Abby, McGee, Vance, Palmer and the dynamics of them… ALL of them. Yes, I am a big Tiva shipper, yes, I am a big Ziva fan, but my love for the other main character is very big, too.

You turned this poll into a negativitiy zone. You’re emotional, big, long responses to Ziva-realted stuff speak volumes.

I am gonna use a hash-tag Pauley would use. #NoNegativityZone #NoH8 .

You cannot stand that Ziva made it to the next round and that people actually love her…
            That is why you make big efforts to spread your hatred.
            This is supposed to be a fun poll.
            If you disagree, why don’t you just vote for Mac and leave?
            Why do you have to leave Ziva-bashing comments and provoke people?

I will never get it.

• srsly says:

Funnily enough I was under the impression that the comments section was open to everyone and that I too had a First Amendment right. I guess it’s another one of those ‘my way is right’ things, kinda like how Ziva is given a bye for any and all reprehensible behavior that didn’t happen within the past 20 seconds. [which I suppose works since that is one of the main reasons why those who don't like Ziva don't like her - her own attitude of superiority and entitlement] This discussion should be about the subjects of the poll, not the posters, but, when logic and facts don’t work one’s way, personal attacks are the refuge, eh?!
            We are all entitled to our opinions and one person’s ‘majority’ can be another’s vocal minority. Refuting known inconvenient truths just makes one look like a moron. “Everyone loves her” doesn’t wash when it’s obvious not everyone does. One poll does not prove anything except that some people are spending a lot of time clicking for a character from the #1 show against a character which has been off the air for at least 5 years. LOL

• Svenja says:

The things is that you’re off-topic, too.
            It’s a poll about “who is the most crushable” lady.
            You think Ziva isn’t.
            That’s fine, but why do you even care about this poll then?
            I never said “everyone loves her”. But it is also evident that she’s not hated in a bigger fashion because otherwise they wouldn’t have extended Cote de Pablo’s contract. There will be bigger Ziva storylines comming up with her boyfriends and this female old friend
            I am aware there a few people out there who cannot stand her.

But I don’t get why you guys team up and write essays about your dislike on a poll that is supposed to be a fun competition.
            You’re quite repetitive. You can’t just say “I don’t like Ziva, I prefer Mac”.
            Some of your guys say that I (or others) live for Tiva etc (which is not true, I just enjoy Tiva very much and I am a big, active fangirl..). But what do you do here? You’re just as active as I am. There are even longer and bigger posts written by you than by me.
            YOU guys brought up the Tiva topic here, which didn’t have anything to do with the poll. I just check comments and all I read is just the same stuff I keep reading. You know, if this were a Ziva-Tony related spoiler, I could understand it, but it has nothing to do with the subject.
            I am quite aware that Ziva’s is not going to win this things. Probably Kate Beckett or Temperance Brennan are gonna win.
            Still, I am trying to have fun here and you clearly aren’t.
            If that makes me a moron…think whatever you want.

If you dislike Ziva, why do you even care for this poll? I just don’t get it.

• LOL says:

LOL, he twitches when she touches him, shudders when she makes suggestive comments? Are you even serious? I didn’t seems to mind when she kissed his cheeks, or when she was in his arms in Pyramid, he seemed to enjoy himself when he mentioned the under covers episode or when he was smelling her and her shea butter scent. He thinks that she is priceless so obviously he doesn’t have any problem with her. You do and you want him to have one too, but it’s far from the truth. You better accept that because Tiva is gonna happen soon.

• srsly says:

This discussion isn’t about me, but obviously we’re back to dragging posters into it instead of discussing the issue at hand… My only few references to “Tiva” were in reference to the creepy “Tiva” fans who are sending disturbingly inappropriate tweets to MW and in response to a thread a “Tiva” fan started – otherwise all of my discussion has been about Ziva and the 101 reasons she is not crushable imo. If ya don’t want “Tiva” brought into the discussion, don’t bring it up! Ziva alone has enough to answer to without bringing that toxic “potential relationship” into the mix.

And, yes, I am serious about the rest of it. You may want to rewatch the newer, post- Season 6 episodes and watch his body language. I don’t know what kind of feed you get in Germany, I know my friends have varying luck with reception where they can get it.

39. William says:

Ziva all the way! She is the hottest woman on TV right now – she is the total package.

Keep the hate to yourselves – no one is interested in hearing it.

This poll isn’t about Tiva – save those comments for the forums.

40. Clarence says:

Who is the most crushable?

One word – Ziva

41. AnneHart says:

I came here to vote for Annie – Covert Affairs is my favorite show.

I have never watched NCIS – but all the comments have me intrigued about this Ziva person.

42. Camille says:

MAC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))

43. quandry says:

Not everyone who doesn’t like the Ziva character is a hater. I just don’t enjoy the character much. She’s stiff, entitled, brags, is written as having an unbelievably ridiculous number of skills, and demeaned and insulted Tony after she tried to have him kicked off the team and he saved her life. Some of us just don’t see “the love.”

• ncisfan4ever says:

I totally agre with your comment quandry. I like all the characters, but just have some major issues with Ziva. None of them are perfect, but I just have a problem with Ziva fans who want everyone to pretend that season 6 never happened, and that even after the team (and Tony!) saved her from Somalia and certain death, she continued to treat Tony like a piece of dirt on her shoe. Even in Reunion when she apologized to him, she never addressed Israel. And she never thanked him for saving her. If she would address those issues, I could honestly forgive her and move on. Guess the show just wants to pretend it never happened either.

• Svenja says:

Although I disagree when it comes to the subject of Ziva’s behaviour AFTER Somalia (she did apologize and didn’t treat Tony in a bad manner), I admit they really didn’t treat the whole Somalia topic well. Firstly, Ziva should have cooked them dinner or something…invited them after some time.
        Secondly, she was in a terror camp for almost 4 months… probably she went through torture and god knows what and it has never ever been addressed. The whole episode arc was pretty intense and maybe the topics were too delicate to touch them again in a bigger fashion.

Ziva fans do NOT pretend that the episodes didn’t happen. It was part of Ziva’s past. She made some mistakes and ended up getting punished for it. The thing is that she changed, grew and evolved. That is was Ziva fans appreciate…
        No..we are not ignorant and pretentious… we just see the bigger picture.
        But these things have been overanalysed for 2 1/2 years now… there comes a time where people have to move on. The show did, the characters did, TBTB did! We need to enjoy what is ahead of us. Brand-new exciting episodes of an amazing show, with marvelous characters!!

• ncisfan4ever says:

You make some good points Svenga, I just feel they took a character I loved and did a great injustice to her in season 6. I don’t hate her, just wish she wasn’t so darn snarky and cold at times, and was more grateful and humbled after Truth or Consequences, but I never once saw that. I would have loved your idea of her inviting the team to dinner. Just one scene would have cleared up so much for me. Instead they had her say horrible things to Tony, like “What would a woman like that possibly see in you.” Wow, cold. Tony may tease and be a jerk sometimes, but he never gets mean or cold like that. Ziva goes for the jugular, and only with Tony. At any rate, I love NCIS, so I voted for Ziva, just to be clear.

• Svenja says:

I didn’t enjoy the whole “Obsession” episode. Including that line.Just ugh… I agree. I am also not a big fan of “Designated Target” because in that particular episode they actually did portray Tony in a bad way to turn Ziva into the poor little heart-broken innocent baby.

But I still love the Tiva dynamic, especially in S8 because Ziva started to support Tony in a bigger fashion. But that is just me.

I am glad you voted for her as an NCIS fan. I don’t blame you for prefering other characters over her, or disliking Tiva. But voting for her proved that you’re a loyal NCIS fan, which is what matters.

• Nubie says:

NCISfan, if you haven’t already, I would highly recommend that you watch “Recoil” from S5.

There, you will see the perfect epitome of Tony in all his rude, insensitive, badly-timed “glory”. He is soooo jealous that Ziva succumbed to her vulnerabilites by shacking up with Michael, that he completely went over the edge in his behavior towards her. Not only was he indespicably rude and unfeeling towards her awful situation, he didn’t know enough to shut his trap and simply be there as a partner and fellow team member, and show his support.

The woman was almost put in a permanent cement overcoat by a serial killer, yet Tony chose to be juvenile and show his Butt (can’t say the other word). I luv Tony, but he was a first rate JACKHOLE in that ep. He is the King of Insults and snide remarks on NCIS, and yes…he gets paid very, very well to portray that. I am always happy to see any of the other team members give to Tony as good as he gives it!

• Tony lover, not apologist says:

Nubie, Recoil was a travesty of writing where everyone was out of character. I refuse to rewatch it after the initial gag-filled viewing. Ziva, the Mossad killer who has faced far worse situations (which she never failed to remind her teammates about) is suddenly falling apart because she almost gets killed? So out of character it was almost another show! No, just a way to make Ziva seem vulnerable, to counteract the critics who thought she was such a cold fish. She saved herself, though, but managing to shoot her potential killer while she was on the ground and he game stalking toward her with a weapon. Hmmm, doesn’t that sound familiar? I guess she thinks it’s okay for her to forego shooting Hoffman (?) in the leg, but no okay for Tony do the same thing. After all, Hoffman was just a serial killer, while Rivkin was a trained, elite Mossad assassin. What a load of crap. I’m sure you won’t get the irony of this situation, none of the rabid Tiva fans do.

• Tivaaa says:

But you don’t have a problem when Tony insults McGee or when McGee insults Tony, it’s only when it’s Ziva. You don’t mind that Abby has more skills that anyone should have for a scientist, you don’t mind that Gibbs seems to know everything and that he gut feelings never fails him. It’s only Ziva’s skills as a mossad officer. You have the right not to see the love (blind much?) but it’s pretty obvious when Tony says that he cannot live without her, that she is priceless, when he cannot help but be jealous everytime she is seeing someone, that he is hurt everyime one of her boyfriend say something to him. The love is their.

44. Bobbie says:

ZIVA ALL THE WAY! Love Annie too!

45. Mary says:

GO ZIVA!

46. mewofford says:

Ziva all the way.
    I liked Mac on JAG but she doesn’t hold a candle to Ziva.

And I disagree getting Mac and Harm together ended JAG. The entire final season they were on opposite coasts until like the final 3 episodes. They were brought together, in a rushed, unsatisfying position, in those 3 episodes. IF, and I know it’s IF, IF the Tony/Ziva relationship ever comes to any romantic status, I hope it’s not like the finale of JAG.

But in this particular poll, Ziva is the #1 pick!

47. vollisar says:

Not sure what Tiva has to do with this vote or why the anti-Tiva folks have the need to bring it up. Ziva stands on her own as an awesome character. I love her growth from the wild child Mossad agent to the damaged and broken captive to the woman who left her country to become an American citizen and NCIS Special Agent. She loves her team more than life, and she’s gorgeous on top of that!

• Zoya says:

Vol, you’re so on the mark about Ziva…..she has grown up so much since she first stepped into the bullpen. Not sure why Tiva is even being brought on a poll about lady law enforcement crushes. It boggles the mind. Anyway, of course I voted for Ziva, even though I loved Mac on JAG, that was so long ago.

• Lily says:

The only reason for bringing up Tiva would be because Tony won the Male version of this poll, though that should have no influence on this poll. Voted for Syndney and Ziva–awesome female characters! :)

• Marie says:

For me, this Tiva has nothing, to do with the poll. Ziva makes me colder, than my weather. & I agree, with the person, who posted all of Ziva’s history above. Up against Mac, or even Kensi, Ziva makes me shiver, & not as part of a girl crush.

• Katie says:

Tiva has nothing to do with this poll. FYI anti-Tiva folks didn’t bring it up a Tiva shipper did when she said:

“Keep watching. If Michael Weatherly can be believed we will see Tiva in a big way very soon.”

Some people, myself included, disagreed with that. I have seen nothing this season which seems to indicate we will see Tiva this season at all.

• Lilly says:

Sorry but antis were talking about how mean Ziva was with poor victim Tony for a while which is the reason for the Tiva talks.

48. Stephanie says:

Ziva is awesome. That is all. :)

49. Editor says:

WoW…so far the most crushable is WINNING…..
    I venture to say that ZIVA is the most beautiful women on TV and certainly on the number 1 show NCIS….you go Ziva – you have my vote!!!!!

• silencero says:

I kinda agree … although I´m not sure how I would vote if Ziva would go against Kate Beckett. Would probably still vote for Ziva. It´s sad the writers don´t take full advantage of her potential. Doesn´t change the fact that she is my favorite.