New Dallas Trailer: 'The Fun is Just Beginning'

Get More: First Look, News, Video

The countdown to the premiere of TNT’s Dallas continues.

The cabler has unveiled a new trailer for the much-hyped reboot of the ’80s classic (bowing this summer), and it contains fresh footage from the pilot as well as gender-segregated roundtable interviews with the old and new guard.

Press play below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Will you be going back to Dallas?

Comments (25)

• Really excited for the relaunch of the series, but wish it wasn’t starting during the summer. I feel like I’ve been waiting for the debut for over a year now!

Comment by scooterbeanbag – December 1, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Based on when it was announced, you have been! LOL!

Comment by AJ – December 2, 2011 06:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait!

Comment by Persephone – December 1, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally going to be watching. I grew up watching the original. I swear it is probably one of my earliest memories. Spending every friday night at my grandparents house with my mom, all of us watching Dallas and playing cards! I wouldn’t miss the reboot for the world! I love that they got not just one but both JR and Bobby to come back and the tension I saw from both the original actors in this trailer makes me so excited.

Comment by EveatEden – December 1, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell yeah i well be heading back to Dallas. Loved it as a kid can’t wait to see what they do with it now!

Comment by Obi – December 1, 2011 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There’s always been reboots that were successful (Hawaii Five-O) while the other reboots that will always be remembered (Charlie’s Angels) but I really don’t know what critics and viewers will be seeing more of about the reboot of DALLAS come Summer 2012.

Comment by kevin – December 1, 2011 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not a reboot. It’s a continuation of the original. You really can’t compare it to Hawaii Five-0 or Charlie’s Angels. It’s more like that Star Trek : Phase Two series which never got off the ground.

Comment by Kyle Andrews – December 1, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Thank you Kyle for pointing this out. I was going to post it if somebody else didn’t. I feel like the term reboot gets thrown around too much that it has lost its meaning. Much like 90210 and Melrose Place were not reboots but continuations.

Comment by scorpo – December 1, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The reboots of TV classics continue with DALLAS…and I couldnt be happier! Now that REVENGE is proving that there is an audience for decadent nighttime soaps, DALLAS couldnt be premiering at a better time. I’m especially excited that veteran performers will be involved with Dallas 2.0. Summer can’t get here quick enough!

Comment by Sean Storm – December 1, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • where is pamela with her big boobs?

Comment by Russia – December 1, 2011 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NO. Let it rest.

Comment by JR – December 1, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m in. Also, I believe that TNT will do a better job with this remake then the networks would have.

Comment by Kaiulani – December 1, 2011 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think its gonna live up to its hype…Weve been talking about this show for over a year already

Comment by JT – December 1, 2011 11:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wheres the new Dynasty? I remember being in school and there were kids who loved Dalls vs those who loved Dynasty. And I went to an orthodox jewish school so many of the kids couldn’t watch Dallas because it was on Friday nights

Comment by Avi – December 1, 2011 11:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the Ewings.

Comment by Trista – December 1, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The preview looks better than I had imagined, but still not interested. The original series was enough.

Comment by Jack – December 1, 2011 12:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find it odd that someone would watch the trailer and then say that they aren’t going to watch when the show premieres. I think they’re more interested than they are admitting. But HELL YEAH, I’m going to watch. It’s been year since I’ve been to Dallas. I haven’t seen J.R. Ewing in years. Those Ewing boys were always a lot of fun. It looks like their offspring are going to be hellraisers too. Jock Ewing must be proud that the family name and the company he built lives on.

Comment by GregR – December 1, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i wasn’t going to watch it but now that i watched the trailer why not?!

Comment by chuckette – December 1, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait, each clip I see is better than the last. This cannot come soon enough.

Comment by Vi – December 1, 2011 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring it on!
    Not sure Jesse Metcalf is up to the acting chops required but the promos look incredible! Hoping they find a way to Bring Pam back for an appearance and want to see Charlene Tilton as a regular. Long live Dallas!

Comment by Lucas – December 1, 2011 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That lady from Eli Stone was my favorite part of that show.Glad she gets a bigger role.

Comment by shaun – December 2, 2011 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought at first JR and Bobby would just be along for the ride and the show would be a next generation show… it’s interesting though how the modern realities will play and how much story they can actually tell??? Dallas would have 24-28 episodes per season to tell its stories… This TNT show will have a far limited number…. I wonder if they’ll have a Ewing BBQ???? They’ll need a good fight in the pool!!!

I guess the owners of the real Southfork Ranch outside of Dallas are happy to see this… It sure looks like they are using it for the show… I wonder if the producers/writers of the new show will be careful to not to mention anything that happened during the “dream” season… Also forget Gary and Val… they named one of their twins after the dead Bobby…

Comment by Doug-H – December 2, 2011 09:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the first I’ve really seen of the new show– I knew it existed, but hadn’t read or watched anything about it. I wasn’t expecting Bobby and JR to show up! :D This show will always remind me of my mom. It was one of the shows she watched religiously, and she would let me stay up late to watch it with her. I literally got chills and started grinning like a loon when the theme music started playing in the video… so yeah, I’ll be watching. :)

Comment by Moryssa – December 2, 2011 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hell to the yes I’m getting excited. Cannot wait to see what Cliff does when he gets back. Uber excited about Sue Ellen and of course JR. Really wish Patrick Duffy had less of a part–he was such a buzz kill in the original, but these kids have really changed my mind. I was afraid they wouldn’t be able to pull it off. It looks now like I was wrong. How in the hell am I going to fit all 14 seasons in before the summer for my inevitable rewatch??!?!

Comment by wooster182 – December 3, 2011 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i saw the trailer i cant wait for the summer looking forward to it. Also looking forward to seeing Barnes children and the other Ewing children like Garys twins. I am looking forward to see the old cast as well.

Comment by chris gonzales – January 3, 2012 09:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post