New Dallas Trailer: 'The Fun is Just Beginning'

The countdown to the premiere of TNT’s Dallas continues.

The cabler has unveiled a new trailer for the much-hyped reboot of the ’80s classic (bowing this summer), and it contains fresh footage from the pilot as well as gender-segregated roundtable interviews with the old and new guard.

Press play below and then hit the comments with an answer to this question: Will you be going back to Dallas?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: First Look, News, Video

1. scooterbeanbag says:

Really excited for the relaunch of the series, but wish it wasn’t starting during the summer. I feel like I’ve been waiting for the debut for over a year now!

2. Persephone says:

Can’t wait!

3. EveatEden says:

Totally going to be watching. I grew up watching the original. I swear it is probably one of my earliest memories. Spending every friday night at my grandparents house with my mom, all of us watching Dallas and playing cards! I wouldn’t miss the reboot for the world! I love that they got not just one but both JR and Bobby to come back and the tension I saw from both the original actors in this trailer makes me so excited.

4. Obi says:

Hell yeah i well be heading back to Dallas. Loved it as a kid can’t wait to see what they do with it now!

5. kevin says:

There’s always been reboots that were successful (Hawaii Five-O) while the other reboots that will always be remembered (Charlie’s Angels) but I really don’t know what critics and viewers will be seeing more of about the reboot of DALLAS come Summer 2012.

• Kyle Andrews says:

It’s not a reboot. It’s a continuation of the original. You really can’t compare it to Hawaii Five-0 or Charlie’s Angels. It’s more like that Star Trek : Phase Two series which never got off the ground.

• scorpo says:

Thank you Kyle for pointing this out. I was going to post it if somebody else didn’t. I feel like the term reboot gets thrown around too much that it has lost its meaning. Much like 90210 and Melrose Place were not reboots but continuations.

6. Sean Storm says:

The reboots of TV classics continue with DALLAS…and I couldnt be happier! Now that REVENGE is proving that there is an audience for decadent nighttime soaps, DALLAS couldnt be premiering at a better time. I’m especially excited that veteran performers will be involved with Dallas 2.0. Summer can’t get here quick enough!

7. Russia says:

where is pamela with her big boobs?

8. JR says:

NO. Let it rest.

9. Kaiulani says:

I’m in. Also, I believe that TNT will do a better job with this remake then the networks would have.

10. JT says:

I don’t think its gonna live up to its hype…Weve been talking about this show for over a year already

11. Avi says:

Wheres the new Dynasty? I remember being in school and there were kids who loved Dalls vs those who loved Dynasty. And I went to an orthodox jewish school so many of the kids couldn’t watch Dallas because it was on Friday nights

12. Trista says:

Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!!! Bring on the Ewings.

13. Jack says:

The preview looks better than I had imagined, but still not interested. The original series was enough.

14. GregR says:

I find it odd that someone would watch the trailer and then say that they aren’t going to watch when the show premieres. I think they’re more interested than they are admitting. But HELL YEAH, I’m going to watch. It’s been year since I’ve been to Dallas. I haven’t seen J.R. Ewing in years. Those Ewing boys were always a lot of fun. It looks like their offspring are going to be hellraisers too. Jock Ewing must be proud that the family name and the company he built lives on.

15. chuckette says:

i wasn’t going to watch it but now that i watched the trailer why not?!

16. Vi says:

Can’t wait, each clip I see is better than the last. This cannot come soon enough.

17. Lucas says:

Bring it on!
    Not sure Jesse Metcalf is up to the acting chops required but the promos look incredible! Hoping they find a way to Bring Pam back for an appearance and want to see Charlene Tilton as a regular. Long live Dallas!

18. shaun says:

That lady from Eli Stone was my favorite part of that show.Glad she gets a bigger role.

19. Doug-H says:

I thought at first JR and Bobby would just be along for the ride and the show would be a next generation show… it’s interesting though how the modern realities will play and how much story they can actually tell??? Dallas would have 24-28 episodes per season to tell its stories… This TNT show will have a far limited number…. I wonder if they’ll have a Ewing BBQ???? They’ll need a good fight in the pool!!!

I guess the owners of the real Southfork Ranch outside of Dallas are happy to see this… It sure looks like they are using it for the show… I wonder if the producers/writers of the new show will be careful to not to mention anything that happened during the “dream” season… Also forget Gary and Val… they named one of their twins after the dead Bobby…

20. Moryssa says:

This is the first I’ve really seen of the new show– I knew it existed, but hadn’t read or watched anything about it. I wasn’t expecting Bobby and JR to show up! :D This show will always remind me of my mom. It was one of the shows she watched religiously, and she would let me stay up late to watch it with her. I literally got chills and started grinning like a loon when the theme music started playing in the video… so yeah, I’ll be watching. :)

21. wooster182 says:

Hell to the yes I’m getting excited. Cannot wait to see what Cliff does when he gets back. Uber excited about Sue Ellen and of course JR. Really wish Patrick Duffy had less of a part–he was such a buzz kill in the original, but these kids have really changed my mind. I was afraid they wouldn’t be able to pull it off. It looks now like I was wrong. How in the hell am I going to fit all 14 seasons in before the summer for my inevitable rewatch??!?!

22. chris gonzales says:

i saw the trailer i cant wait for the summer looking forward to it. Also looking forward to seeing Barnes children and the other Ewing children like Garys twins. I am looking forward to see the old cast as well.