Glee Hot Shots: Chord Overstreet Is Back!

Trouty Mouth has come home!

Next Tuesday’s Glee (8/7c, Fox) marks the return of Chord Overstreet and his beloved doof, Sam Evans, and we’ve got a handful of photos from his New Directions reunion.

Exclusive: Glee Casts Ricky Martin as ‘Hottest [Spoiler Alert] in History’

Armed with his trusty guitar, Sam seems to have no trouble fitting back in with his former friends — heck, maybe he’ll even perform a little ditty! And that’s not all that’s going on in the hot shots. Blaine and Finn appear to be mighty chummy — who’d a thunk it? — and those crazy-talented Troubletones look like they’re killing it onstage… again.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with all of your own warm “Welcome Back!” wishes for Chord/Sam!

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Photo Gallery, Previews

1. Karen says:

SO HAPPY SAM IS BACK! So many of the other characters have become so unlikable, so it’s nice to see a genuinely sweet character coming back to the folds of Glee. I hope he gets a good solo soon!

• Ava says:

I think this is the big problem with Glee. The characters have very little growth and when they do develop as characters they develop into unlikeable versions of themselves. I can’t even stand Rachel anymore. Kurt is so unlikeable. Finn has developed 0% since the start of the series. Puck needs to stop wearing his hair that way because i can’t take him seriously with that landing strip on his head. Mercedes has become such a caricature of her former self that it is just unbearable to watch. Artie used to be my favorite but I don’t even remember when he last had a line that was actually relevant to the plot.

2. Danielle wellington says:

I’m so happy Chord is back I’ve missed him so much I screamed when I saw him in the promo I freaked out

3. cmullin says:

Where is Santana in the Troubletones photo?

4. Marcie says:

Whatever happened to a glee club having to have 12 members to compete?

5. Dee says:

ONE MORE TIME, how is it that the Troubletones get to perform at sectionals with only seven members when it was CLEARLY established in the first season that a show choir needed TWELVE members in order to qualify?? Why is the continuity on this show so crappy?

• Chris says:

IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT THE PHOTOS, Mercedes is leading a group of 6 TT in one side of the stage, the other leader should be Santana with another 6 = That makes the required 12 members. For ND, they recruited 2 band members to join them in this competition, along with Sam (Minus the suspended Rachel) = 12.

• Dee says:

Do you even watch this show? There have NEVER been 12 Troubletones. There are seven–the six in that photo, plus Santana.

• Emily says:

Go and watch the promo for this episode. There’s a clip of that performance and Santana is shown leading another group of girls next to Mercedes.

• yep says:

This is Glee there will be 12 the remainder filled in by So You think You Can Dance dancers. The ND will have some of the band fill in for their remainder. Yeah, no one wants to join ND but the TT get these great dancers. All in the wrist.

• Captain says:

I’m pretty sure Chris is right. Sugar isn’t in the photo either. Santana/Mercedes/Brittany/Sugar are the only stand-out members of the Trouble Tones so they probably think it’s awkward to have 8 useless background actors in every scene. I’m sure come sectionals, they’ll be the 4 founding members of the Trouble Tones + 8 Cheerios. It would be horribly lazy to make the rule of 12 such a pivotal stipulation in previous seasons only to erase that this year.

• DUH says:

how do you know the rules of the competition haven’t changed?

• Darcy says:

Because pictures/videos of both groups are out showing 12 members in each. New Directions recruited 2 band guys into the group and TT recruited Cheerios to ensure they both have 12.

6. Dee says:

GMTA, Marcie!

7. Kush says:

Troubletones: Overrated.
    True story.

8. Wolfie says:

Why’s everyone raving about Sam returning? Chord’s an okay actor but Sam was pretty darn pointless last season. (That being said I am looking forward to him stripping)

9. Dryden says:

I like that all the captions aren’t sure what network it’s airing on. Yes, it’s Fox! And Chord Overstreet is cute.

10. jasie says:

When does Terri come back? I miss seeing Jessalyn Gilsig on this show.

11. Kim says:

I agree, that is totally bugging me…and they weren’t dealing with it. They need to stay true to the show…do they need a refresher course on their show?

12. Jrs says:

I heart Sam. He’s completely adorable.

• yep says:

Loved his character. One of the only one’s truely nice and genuine. Dorky cute funny and is not ashamed of his body. He is a real joy to watch. So love him way more than a few of the characters. Glad he is back in the ND. Can’t wait for the next episode. Yes, he is adorkable.

• Captain says:

Why would he be ashamed of his body? He’s in perfect shape. That said, his character clearly has body issues since he hates himself if he eats a bag of chips.

13. Savannah says:

I’ve been waiting for this episode since the season 3 started!!!! Can’t explain how happy I am to see Chord back on the show !!! :D

14. AndyLuvr says:

I agree. He added nothing to the second season even though the show runners gave him more stories than folks like Tina and Mercedes got. All Sam was good for was jokes about his mouth that got tired quickly. Even his becoming the poster boy for the economic downturn was a miss of a storyline. Why bring him back when the show should be focusing on the graduating seniors instead of peripheral characters like Sam and his mouth???

15. Anna says:

Maybe its just me but I thought that there was a rule from season 1 & 2 that their had to be 12 members to a show choir to compete. Did they get rid of that rule?

16. Lily says:

Love Sam… he is an oasis in the sea of over-the-top characters (and I like those characters)… Hope this will add some more storylines for Mercedes. I miss her… And I want a Sam-Kurt bromance. Kurt has always been with the girls but never had a real close friendship with a guy without romantic intent. (Kurt was in love with Blaine long before the Klaine romance)…

17. Sarah says:

Wait… It’s called “Hold on to Sixteen”? Are we finally getting a Mellencamp song? I could totally go for some “Jack & Diane” :)