Glee Hot Shots: Chord Overstreet Is Back!

Get More: Photo Gallery, Previews

Trouty Mouth has come home!

Next Tuesday’s Glee (8/7c, Fox) marks the return of Chord Overstreet and his beloved doof, Sam Evans, and we’ve got a handful of photos from his New Directions reunion.

Exclusive: Glee Casts Ricky Martin as ‘Hottest [Spoiler Alert] in History’

Armed with his trusty guitar, Sam seems to have no trouble fitting back in with his former friends — heck, maybe he’ll even perform a little ditty! And that’s not all that’s going on in the hot shots. Blaine and Finn appear to be mighty chummy — who’d a thunk it? — and those crazy-talented Troubletones look like they’re killing it onstage… again.

Check out the gallery below and then hit the comments with all of your own warm “Welcome Back!” wishes for Chord/Sam!

Comments (32)

• SO HAPPY SAM IS BACK! So many of the other characters have become so unlikable, so it’s nice to see a genuinely sweet character coming back to the folds of Glee. I hope he gets a good solo soon!

Comment by Karen – December 1, 2011 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this is the big problem with Glee. The characters have very little growth and when they do develop as characters they develop into unlikeable versions of themselves. I can’t even stand Rachel anymore. Kurt is so unlikeable. Finn has developed 0% since the start of the series. Puck needs to stop wearing his hair that way because i can’t take him seriously with that landing strip on his head. Mercedes has become such a caricature of her former self that it is just unbearable to watch. Artie used to be my favorite but I don’t even remember when he last had a line that was actually relevant to the plot.

Comment by Ava – December 2, 2011 05:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy Chord is back I’ve missed him so much I screamed when I saw him in the promo I freaked out

Comment by Danielle wellington – December 1, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Where is Santana in the Troubletones photo?

Comment by cmullin – December 1, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • she could just be out of frame, but i wondered the same thing. very curious indeed.

Comment by DUH – December 1, 2011 11:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whatever happened to a glee club having to have 12 members to compete?

Comment by Marcie – December 1, 2011 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ^^ This!! I have been wondering that ALL season!

Comment by Alicia – December 1, 2011 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ONE MORE TIME, how is it that the Troubletones get to perform at sectionals with only seven members when it was CLEARLY established in the first season that a show choir needed TWELVE members in order to qualify?? Why is the continuity on this show so crappy?

Comment by Dee – December 1, 2011 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY AT THE PHOTOS, Mercedes is leading a group of 6 TT in one side of the stage, the other leader should be Santana with another 6 = That makes the required 12 members. For ND, they recruited 2 band members to join them in this competition, along with Sam (Minus the suspended Rachel) = 12.

Comment by Chris – December 1, 2011 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Do you even watch this show? There have NEVER been 12 Troubletones. There are seven–the six in that photo, plus Santana.

Comment by Dee – December 1, 2011 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Go and watch the promo for this episode. There’s a clip of that performance and Santana is shown leading another group of girls next to Mercedes.

Comment by Emily – December 1, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This is Glee there will be 12 the remainder filled in by So You think You Can Dance dancers. The ND will have some of the band fill in for their remainder. Yeah, no one wants to join ND but the TT get these great dancers. All in the wrist.

Comment by yep – December 1, 2011 02:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m pretty sure Chris is right. Sugar isn’t in the photo either. Santana/Mercedes/Brittany/Sugar are the only stand-out members of the Trouble Tones so they probably think it’s awkward to have 8 useless background actors in every scene. I’m sure come sectionals, they’ll be the 4 founding members of the Trouble Tones + 8 Cheerios. It would be horribly lazy to make the rule of 12 such a pivotal stipulation in previous seasons only to erase that this year.

Comment by Captain – December 1, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • how do you know the rules of the competition haven’t changed?

Comment by DUH – December 1, 2011 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Because pictures/videos of both groups are out showing 12 members in each. New Directions recruited 2 band guys into the group and TT recruited Cheerios to ensure they both have 12.

Comment by Darcy – December 2, 2011 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GMTA, Marcie!

Comment by Dee – December 1, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Troubletones: Overrated.
    True story.

Comment by Kush – December 1, 2011 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right!? Troublezzzzzzzzzzzzz…

Comment by Juliana – December 1, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m truly sorry for you that you have so much bad taste.

Comment by Monkeyrat – December 1, 2011 10:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why’s everyone raving about Sam returning? Chord’s an okay actor but Sam was pretty darn pointless last season. (That being said I am looking forward to him stripping)

Comment by Wolfie – December 1, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like that all the captions aren’t sure what network it’s airing on. Yes, it’s Fox! And Chord Overstreet is cute.

Comment by Dryden – December 1, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When does Terri come back? I miss seeing Jessalyn Gilsig on this show.

Comment by jasie – December 1, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree, that is totally bugging me…and they weren’t dealing with it. They need to stay true to the show…do they need a refresher course on their show?

Comment by Kim – December 1, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I heart Sam. He’s completely adorable.

Comment by Jrs – December 1, 2011 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Loved his character. One of the only one’s truely nice and genuine. Dorky cute funny and is not ashamed of his body. He is a real joy to watch. So love him way more than a few of the characters. Glad he is back in the ND. Can’t wait for the next episode. Yes, he is adorkable.

Comment by yep – December 1, 2011 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why would he be ashamed of his body? He’s in perfect shape. That said, his character clearly has body issues since he hates himself if he eats a bag of chips.

Comment by Captain – December 1, 2011 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been waiting for this episode since the season 3 started!!!! Can’t explain how happy I am to see Chord back on the show !!! :D

Comment by Savannah – December 1, 2011 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree. He added nothing to the second season even though the show runners gave him more stories than folks like Tina and Mercedes got. All Sam was good for was jokes about his mouth that got tired quickly. Even his becoming the poster boy for the economic downturn was a miss of a storyline. Why bring him back when the show should be focusing on the graduating seniors instead of peripheral characters like Sam and his mouth???

Comment by AndyLuvr – December 1, 2011 01:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Maybe its just me but I thought that there was a rule from season 1 & 2 that their had to be 12 members to a show choir to compete. Did they get rid of that rule?

Comment by Anna – December 1, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope they didn’t get rid of the rule – both groups will have 12 members.

Comment by Darcy – December 2, 2011 07:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Sam… he is an oasis in the sea of over-the-top characters (and I like those characters)… Hope this will add some more storylines for Mercedes. I miss her… And I want a Sam-Kurt bromance. Kurt has always been with the girls but never had a real close friendship with a guy without romantic intent. (Kurt was in love with Blaine long before the Klaine romance)…

Comment by Lily – December 1, 2011 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait… It’s called “Hold on to Sixteen”? Are we finally getting a Mellencamp song? I could totally go for some “Jack & Diane” :)

Comment by Sarah – December 2, 2011 05:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post