Fox Midseason Plan Sets Dates for Alcatraz, Finder, Return of Kiefer and Breaking In
Fox has released its midseason schedule, and it details premieres and time slots for three new dramas, trumpets Season 11 of American Idol, and features the back-from-the-ashes return of the comedy Breaking In.
Of the new fare, 24 alum Kiefer Sutherland’s Touch will sneak preview on Wednesday, Jan. 25, but not settle into its Mondays-at-9 time slot until March 19. J.J. Abrams’ Alcatraz will also call Monday home, debuting Jan. 16 at 8 before moving to its 9 o’clock berth the following week. And as expected, The Finder will grab the Bones time slot starting Jan. 12. (Bones returns “in the spring.”)
As previously announced, Christian Slater’s Breaking In will in fact be back for a second season, airing Tuesdays at 8:30 (starting March 6). There, it will be sandwiched between encore and new episodes of New Girl.
Other highlights from Fox’s midseason plan:
* With Terra Nova wrapping its freshman run on Dec. 19, House moves to Mondays at 8 starting Jan. 23.
* Glee will air its winter finale on Feb. 21, then resume Season 3 in the spring.
* No secret to anyone, American Idol launches its 11th season on Wednesday, Jan. 18, with a two-hour audition show. Idol will be followed by Howie Mandel’s Mobbed on Wednesdays, The Finder on Thursdays.
* Fringe and Kitchen Nightmares resume their seasons on Friday, Jan. 13.
* And of the animated fare, Bob’s Burgers serves up fresh epsiodes starting March 11, while newbie Napoleon Dynamite is set to debut Sunday, Jan. 15, at 8:30.
* I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which airs its winter finale on Dec. 21, returns (theoretically) in the spring.