Fox Midseason Plan Sets Dates for Alcatraz, Finder, Return of Kiefer and Breaking In

Fox has released its midseason schedule, and it details premieres and time slots for three new dramas, trumpets Season 11 of American Idol, and features the back-from-the-ashes return of the comedy Breaking In.

Of the new fare, 24 alum Kiefer Sutherland’s Touch will sneak preview on Wednesday, Jan. 25, but not settle into its Mondays-at-9 time slot until March 19. J.J. Abrams’ Alcatraz will also call Monday home, debuting Jan. 16 at 8 before moving to its 9 o’clock berth the following week. And as expected, The Finder will grab the Bones time slot starting Jan. 12. (Bones returns “in the spring.”)

As previously announced, Christian Slater’s Breaking In will in fact be back for a second season, airing Tuesdays at 8:30 (starting March 6). There, it will be sandwiched between encore and new episodes of New Girl.

Other highlights from Fox’s midseason plan:

* With Terra Nova wrapping its freshman run on Dec. 19, House moves to Mondays at 8 starting Jan. 23.
* Glee will air its winter finale on Feb. 21, then resume Season 3 in the spring.
* No secret to anyone, American Idol launches its 11th season on Wednesday, Jan. 18, with a two-hour audition show. Idol will be followed by Howie Mandel’s Mobbed on Wednesdays, The Finder on Thursdays.
* Fringe and Kitchen Nightmares resume their seasons on Friday, Jan. 13.
* And of the animated fare, Bob’s Burgers serves up fresh epsiodes starting March 11, while newbie Napoleon Dynamite is set to debut Sunday, Jan. 15, at 8:30.
* I Hate My Teenage Daughter, which airs its winter finale on Dec. 21, returns (theoretically) in the spring.

1. D'Arcy says:

Hmm Monday January 25th does not exist.

2. XK says:

So happy about Breaking In! That’s a pretty nice lead-in too… I’m very much enjoying New Girl in all its absurdity. :)

• ZmaX says:

Same Here :D

I feel like Breaking In could be the little engine that could and survive for a long time and stay under the radar.

• Amanda says:

I’m worried about Breaking In because of all the changes that are going on with it. Giving Oz a boss/co-boss whatever Megan Mullaly is going to be; no more Dutch, among other tings. It could seem like a completely different show.

3. Katie Hart says:

Ugh, Fox is messing up my perfect Mondays! No way am I giving up HIMYM and 2 Broke Girls to watch House. This may make me more likely to try out Alcatraz, though.

4. Will says:

Does Fox have the most annoying scheduling or what? This show debuts on this day but then moves to this other day. This show goes on hiatus for this other show, but will come back later.

5. Nicole says:

They might as well cancel breaking in for a second time, if Michael rosenbaum isn’t going to be in it, like he said. He totally made that show!

6. jasie says:

I was thinking the same thing. Why are they all over the place. I don’t have any regular shows I watch on Fox but how do you ever know when your show is on to watch live. I would just dvr fox shows. Will check out Alcatraz though

7. ceebee says:

That Mobbed show sounds Terrible!!

8. AnnClau says:

What? House moves at 8? I already have problems with HIMYM and Gossip Girl being at tje same time there, don’t had one. I trslly think this will be bad for House ratings. It’s not good enough anymore for people to give up other shows to watch it.

9. Kristen says:

What about “Lie To Me”? Ohhhh wait.

=/

10. Olivia says:

So does that mean the finder is premiering jan 19?

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

“And as expected, The Finder will grab the Bones time slot starting Jan. 12. (Bones returns “in the spring.”)”

11. Kyle Andrews says:

Any day that Fringe remains on the schedule is cause for celebration. WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

12. sofia says:

what about raising hope??

13. kevin says:

ALCATRAZ and TOUCH are the ones I’m looking forward to on FOX come midseason but THE FINDER is the real reason I’m not watching ’cause spinoffs are just a thing of the past and truly terrible.

14. Emily says:

I saw the Alcatraz pilot at Comic Con. I was kind of intrigued by the story, but the characters turned me off. Jorge Garcia had a surprisingly negligible role for what’s supposed to be a main character and I did not like the female cop. I didn’t believe her as law enforcement at all for some reason, which truly made me appreciate Anna Torv on Fringe. I’m not sure if I’ll be tuning in to this. I’ll have to see the second episode, but I’m more interested in Touch.

15. Vi says:

I am disappointed that Terra Nova is going off. I love this new show and hope it comes back next year. House, that is dying a slow death. Foreman as his boss? Bad decision, I am just about giving up on this show and will need to revise my watching Mondays between 8-10.

16. Gretchen says:

I worked on Alcatraz in the 90s as a tour guide (helped start the evening tours/Alcatraz at Night on the Island), even spent the night out there several times. Can’t wait for the show. Even if it’s horrible, I’ll tune in.

Best part of the job? Meeting and interviewing reformed inmates, who were all old men. Blew my mind that they were once scary inmates.

17. cathiecat says:

Truly bothered by the House scheduling. It seems clear now that its plug will be pulled. Moving time slots, abbreviated seasons — Fox’s tried and true cancellation formula. Sorry they had to burden their likely last season with the tiresome Ms. Yi.

18. Alex says:

Wait, so Michael Rosenbaum isn’t even going to be in Breaking In anymore? Dutch was the whole reason I watched. The show won’t be anywhere near as awesome without him.

19. Renee says:

The only thing I watch on Fox is Terra Nova and I’m going to miss that. Will check out Touch though…love Kiefer.

Matt you heard anything about a possible 2nd season for Terra Nova?

20. Lisa says:

Poor Christian Slater and Brett Harrison. Breaking In sucked.

21. Lisa says:

Can’t wait for the first week of January bringing Merlin and Supernatural. I love me some Winchester boys kickin’ butt. Bobby :(

Plus, Vamp Diaries and Secret Circle.