Bones Hot Shots: Angela's Dad Plays Babysitter, While Booth and Brennan Take Shelter

The family visits keep on coming this season on Bones.

In this Thursday’s episode (airing at 9/8c on Fox), Booths’ grandpops (Ralph Waite) drops in to deliver some bad news to his grandson. But next week’s installment promises a scary familial encounter too, as you can see in the photos below, albeit in a different way.

Exclusive: Eric Roberts to Join Bones‘ T.J. Thyne on Gypsy-Centric Episode of The Finder

Deprived of sleep, Angela and Hodgins give in to having her rock star dad (returning guest star Billy F. Gibbons) babysit their little baby boy Michael, who looks perplexed by his less-than-cuddly looking grandpa. Thankfully, grandpa came prepared with an adorable toy guitar.

Meanwhile, Booth and Brennan have to hide out in a tornado shelter while investigating the murder of a storm chaser. Combine that with the dad-to-be’s growing over-protectiveness of Brennan at home and at work, and you’ve got a recipe for a perfect storm. (OK, you can groan now.)

1. Ally says:

Too much Hodgela. Can’t wait for the Booth and Brennan stuff.

• Wendy says:

@Ally Never too much Hodgela for me! There’s room for both couples/families. And any Billy F. Gibbons sighting is bound to be great.

• Misha says:

Never. Hell, I think there just isn’t enough Hodgela in the show for my liking.

• Sierra says:

I like Hodgela. I actually think they have more natural chemistry than B&B, who are good together but seem more like bro & sis. I am enjoying the pregnancy storyline though and glad the series is back.

• Lily says:

Hodgela is my fav pairing on the show. They just seem a lot cuter and have a more interesting storyline to me… But I do like B&B just not as much as Hodgela.
        Can’t wait for Angela’s father to come back, it’s always hilarious when he does!

• Moon says:

My friend makes guitars and he actually MET Billy F. Gibbons I was soo mad so if you see he has a new guitar YOU CAN THANK MY FRIEND

2. Piper says:

That baby is one of the cutest I’ve ever seen! Can’t wait to see B&B trapped together in the storm shelter :)

3. Gale says:

So, if Ralph Waite is Booth’s grandfather and Ralph Waite is Gibbs’ father, does that make Booth…. Jethro Gibbs’ son???!!! LOLOLOL Awesomeness!!

• Jailyn says:

Hahaha! I literally just had that same thought. I just got done watching an episode of NCIS where Ralph Waite guest starred. He’s such a cute old man! I can’t wait til Bones is on tonight :) He’s so awesome! And I hear that tonight’s episode is really good…

4. Lily says:

B&B are hot people

5. WWP says:

I’m so sick of the family/pregnancy/baby crap on this show. It started out as a about adults solving interesting cases and devolved to a even more soapy version of Parenthood.

6. AngelMoonGirl says:

Ah! I’m so excited! Can’t wait to see overprotective Booth, and of course B&B stuck in a tornado shelter. Hodgela & ZZ Top is always crazy fun as well.

7. Jenn says:

I was thinking the same thing!! Ha ha

8. Tempris says:

Any one who says it has gotten too mushy are all LIARS and we Band B shippers out vote all you HATERS so ‘Go watch your soapy Parenthood’ in fact WE WILL