Exclusive

Exclusive: Supernatural Resurrects Vampire Diaries' Sara Canning For a Hot Date with Dean!

Ex-Vampire Diaries star Sara Canning is about to become the latest notch on Dean Winchester’s belt.

TVLine has learned exclusively that Supernatural has tapped Canning to guest star as a lust interest for Jensen Ackles’ demon warrior.

She’ll play Lydia, a character executive producer Sera Gamble describes as “wry, independent, and as fun-loving as Dean.” Gamble adds that she and Dean “have a memorable evening that takes an unexpected turn.”

Supernatural Scoop: Jason Dohring to Play [Spoiler Alert]!

The original casting breakdown for Lydia took things a step further, describing their encounter as a “sizzling one-night stand.”

Canning, who played Elena and Jeremy’s beloved Aunt Jenna on Diaries until she was killed off in last May’s bloodbath, will appear in Supernatural‘s 13th episode (slated to air in late January).

Supernatural‘s fall finale airs Friday at 9/8c on The CW.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, News, Scoop

1. Anonymous says:

Too many hate comments.

2. Curious says:

@DeanFTW (sorry side wouldn’t let me reply directly)
    Ok, but as long as they stay there, why do you care? I’m sure there are forums/sides where Sam is bashed too, there is one for every character on the show.
    And somehow reading through the comments of this article (and similar ones) it seems that the Sam hate is leading nowadays (since the summer). And saying Sam girls did it in season 4 is a rather unconvincing argument. It was annoying then, and its annoying now.

I wish both extremes would just stay in their corners (forums), and stop turning every article that even mentioning Spn into a bloody cat fight (they are pointless anyway since no side will ever change their opinion or change what the writers do on the show).
    Furthermore, it’s a real turn off for any non extreme fan, who wants to comment – you are taking all the fun out of a spoiler. Not to mention any potential new fans who now probably won’t give the show a try, after reading all the bitchiness and complaining. Other fandoms are already saying we are insane (a bunch of lunnies), no need to prove them right every single day.

3. Nics says:

My GOD people – aren’t we all Supernatural fans?? Can’t we just get on without fighting about which of the boys gets the most airtime and most storylines?? I love them both, yes I’m a Dean/Jensen girl, but I love Sam/Jared too. I won’t hear a word said against either of them! This news of a Dean love-scene just makes me more concerned with my blood pressure and the fact I’ll now forever be jealous of Jenna when watching TVD!

4. Andrew says:

Sara Canning is awesome ! :D Excited to see her still floating around CW shows and staying in genre

5. Julie says:

Oh everyone knows they are trying to get the ratings up with a Dean scoop!…

Sarcasm intended

• Julie says:

Grow up people. Seriously.
      I’m happy for Dean, but sheesh stop with the «OHEMGEE call the police he has a spoiler!!!!» crap! First of all we RARELY get any spoilers for the show to begin with, so just enjoy what we get true???

6. Josh says:

The Supernatural fandom make’s me want to hold the Vodka bottle alittle tighter.

• Sussie says:

I wouldn’t start a drinking game for hate comments if I were you, Josh. Not even a Russian could take so much Vodka XDDD

7. Amber says:

Let’s hope this character isn’t as boring as the one she played on VD!

8. denise says:

Ok I am a sam fan and even I admit a majority of the show has been focused on him season one his girlfriend dies and he starts having visions season two finds out he has demon blood in him blah blah, season three was mostly based on dean and his struggle to get out of the hell deal season four sam starts screwing ugly and drinking her blood and starts the apocaylpse season five sam has to become lucifer to stop the apocaylpse which he pretty much started season six sam has no soul then cas struggles with his decisions about heaven dean kinda is down played and even as a sam fan it makes me mad I would love a dean centered episode or four and as far as the cas stuff goes they’ll either bring him back or they won’t deal with him being gone or don’t watch

• Nics says:

Wow, nicely said Denise! And as a Dean and Jensen fan who also loves Sam and Jared it’s nice to see someone else who can appreciate both even if they have a favourite! :) Good for you!

9. Mooglets says:

‘latest notch on Dean Winchester’s belt’ and ‘ a lust interest for Jensen Ackles’ demon warrior’ – really? That’s how we’re describing a new female character? Not, of course, that I expect much different. Sera’s ‘“wry, independent, and as fun-loving as Dean.”‘ approach also falls flat, considering it looks like the character was added solely for the purpose of getting Dean laid.

I am a Dean-girl, through and through, but this just strikes me all sorts of wrong.

• Jessie says:

Well at least she’s not a working girl or a monster.
      Though, I’m sure there will be something wrong with her, my guesses witch or no personality.

10. Shiba says:

Hm…never heard of this girl, but then I don’t watch Vampire Diaries..but okie doke..Dean gets some..lol.

11. Dee says:

Wow, what happened here. LOL I hope everyone that is arguing is putting just as much energy into voting for the them for PCAs. If so, they’ll win by a landslide.

12. Restless says:

I wonder, will Dean still have Castiel’s handprint on his shoulder? How will he explain that to this chick? Or I guess maybe she won’t even care or ask, since she just wants baby batter. Or, hehe, maybe she’ll stroke it like Anna did and Dean will remember Cas and start crying during sex. That would be different.

13. Tawrens says:

I don’t think the spoiler is Deam having a love interest. They say the evening takes an unexpected turn and the original title was Knocked up as in preggers. Angel did an ep where Cordelia (Charisma Carperter, 7.05) ends an evening heavily preggers with demon spawn as part of a deal between the demon and the guy she went out with. Maybe something similiar here?

14. Lina says:

I hope, Sara will be late
    In a serial for a long time…

15. Suejohn2 says:

Yes, Supernatural was an awesome show without Castiel, but I just don’t think it would be the same if they just off him for good now. Kind of sucks already because they killed off some good characters. If they take Cas away… I might have to find a new favorite show.