Ratings: Victoria's Secret Busts Out Big Numbers, Glee Gains, Ringer Falls In Fall Finale

The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show mannequins put their best stacked heel forward on Tuesday night, delivering the sensory-overload extravaganza’s best demo rating ever (with a 4.3, up 35 percent year-over-year) and its largest audience (10.3 million total viewers) since 2002.

That, coupled with a certain incandescent caribou and a strong NCIS repeat, led CBS to easily win the night in both total viewers and in the 18-49 demo.

Of Tuesday’s two fall finales, The CW’s Ringer closed its initial run with an audience of 1.6 mil and a 0.6 rating, dropping 16 percent from its last fresh outing, while Parenthood (5.74 mil/2.2) saw gains of 26 and 16 percent.

Going hour-by-hour….

8 pm | CBS’ airing of Rudolph dominated with 12.7 million total viewers and a 4.0 rating, up a tick from last year. ABC’s sitcombo of Last Man Standing (10.2 mil/2.4) and Man Up (6.6 mil/1.7) fell 11 percent in the demo, though LMS netted its largest audience in six weeks.

Glee (7.84 mil/3.2) saw gains of 11 and 5 percent, while The Biggest Loser (7 mil/2.4 across two hours) packed on more than 20 percent. 90210, at 1.57 mil and a 0.7, was up 25 and 33 percent.

9 pm | The aforementioned NCIS rerun drew 13.4 million viewers and a 2.9 rating. Both New Girl (7.6 mil/3.6) and Raising Hope (5.33 mil/2.4) gained 10 percent in audience and inched up in the demo.

10 pm | Facing off against Victoria’s Secret’s own bodies, Body of Proof (9.4 mil/1.9) dipped 5 percent.

What were you tuned into this Tuesday?

1. Mark says:

“Busts out,” So clever :P

• Dean says:

“Busts out”! I saw that coming a long time ago, Matt :P

• CJ says:

I can’t believe that many people watch a televised lingerie fashion show. It’s as silly as the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue: if you want to see women’s bodies, there are many places to see much more of them. On the other hand, if you value modesty, you probably aren’t going to be watching a show about scantily-clad models. Which leaves lingerie fetishists, which may be a sizable group. but I doubt it’s enough to supply good Nielsens.

2. Rose says:

OMG.. Ringer’s gonna get canceled :'(

3. Sg. Grant says:

Cue a comment from kevin containing the longest run-on sentence of the day.

4. Lisa says:

Ringer was great last night!

5. Jules says:

Seriously, the little red nose reindeer beat Glee.How funny is that!!!!-and I was one of them who prefer watching a old classic cartoon than watch a bunch of morons singning (badly lip singing to their own voice)…

6. Lisa says:

If you didn’t watch Ringer last night, you missed out.

• Sally says:

Not really. You could pretty much sum up the major developments as “____ and ____ died, and _____ and _____ had sex.” Nothing much else happened.

• Snapy says:

Agreed. It was a really good episode!

• TV fan says:

I wouldn’t exactly call say “nothing happened” on Ringer: Andrew spent his anniversary sleeping with his sister-in-law, his daughter may or may not have been raped by her english teacher, his wife actually came back home pregnant with what could be or not his son and that’s only one character.

7. Lisa says:

Besides Amber Benson (Tara), did any Buffy fans recognize The Matador on Ringer???? Ah, The Matador played the werewolf hunter that was after Oz but instead caught Buffy in his net.

8. Becca says:

Yay Parenthood!!!

9. Feels like I’m beating a dead horse, but Ringer is going to have to step up its game to survive this season. Compare the quality to Revenge and it’s a night and day difference. Hope they can get the show back on track because last night wasn’t very good.

Check out the pros and cons on bitchstolemyremote.com here http://wp.me/p1VQBq-72

• TVD fan says:

I wouldn’t exactly say Revenge is better than Ringer, it does have a larger cast and they use more flashbacks but that’s about it, both shows are soap operas with the same structure.

10. kevin says:

PARENTHOOD still turns me on but it will be back to kick off the New Year with its remaining episodes: Seven to be exact. Parenthood is… the way this show will save NBC.

11. Liza180 says:

is it just me or is Glee getting better now that Marti Noxon has come aboard. Better lines, more depth and better songs! Last night was awesome. This show is so much better when they are not fighting all the time.
    As for the Ringer…great show, but Mike is right, the rape storyline is going to get old. I hope they do Jason Dohring right and give him a good storyline. I’m not sure this is the right part for him. He needs a female lead like he had with Kristen Bell. Can’t wait to see him on Supernatural!

• John says:

Jason always needs a female lead opposite to him to make him look good, so he is not that good of an actor in the first place!

12. Richard says:

As I suspected – “90210” was up in the ratings for the last Teddy episode. I removed it from my Season Pass menu immediately after I watched it.

13. Snapy says:

Ringer’s ratings probably went down because most people thought the last original episode was the fall finale. The CW’s other shows (TVD, TSC) had their fall finales within the same 7-day period).

14. fernando says:

I’m sad to hear Ringer is down, I like this show but if I had to choose it or Hart Of Dixie to surivie, i’ll pick Hart Of Dixie, which have grown on me alot, while Ringer has just stood in place for me, it havent grown on me nor makes me not want to watch.

I’m also sad that last night marked the last ep. for Trevor to be on 90210, I will miss him. He made the show very fresh and good now all I have to look forward to Niaomi who is the only person other then Teddy who carries on the show.

And my last cry of the day goes to Body Of Proof who did Wonderful with the viewers but once again dropped on its demo when it made it’s highest demo this season last 2 weeks ago. I love Dana Delany and This show fits her, I really want it to surivie and make a season 3.

• ChrisGa says:

Ringer was great last night and would’ve been even better if they had cut out the Juliet mess(I was under the impression they were trying to slightly redeem her once she started getting along with “Siobhan” but now the writers seem to be retreating from that) as well as Kristoffer Polaha’s hair and wardrobe(why would you take one of the most gorgeous men on TV and ruin him with a faux-Beatles makeover? Ugh.). It’s still nowhere near on par with the superior Revenge, but it’s still far more enjoyable than alot of what’s on the CW.
      Speaking of, sad to see Trevor Donovan and Teddy go on 90210; what a complete waste of character and storyline opportunity. Guess the writers think it’d be more interesting to see tired a– Annie stuck in her umpteenth dumb dilemna that she’s simply too stupid to get out of. And you’re right, Naomi remains the only saving grace of an otherwise dying show.
      Finally, have a sinking feeling Body of Proof won’t make it past this season and maybe not even the entire season. I guess demo numbers are way more important than actual viewer numbers; it’s still one of ABC’s higher rated dramas viewer wise but cancellation rumors have plagued it for months. The show is decent for the most part, and Dana Delany is gold in anything, but I think as a whole the show lets her down with some of the tired writing and some of the supporting cast needs to be gone.

15. Chris says:

I’m sorry but Parenthood is waaaay too whiny for me. I really missed Poppy and Unforgettable!

16. s. says:

Hmmmm VS had their best demo and largest audience, So how many of the 10.3 mill were men and women? I think there were more men watching last night, hahaha.

17. Valerie Coates says:

I love Ringer and Unforgettable on Tuesday’s. I can’t believe we have to wait until the middle of Jan. to see Ringer. I think it is very good, I love the fact that Bridget is falling for Andrew, this show keeps me interested and hard to wait from week to week. Also, Revenge on Wednesday’s is excellent. I think it’s the best new show on, I love it, and can’t wait to see what Amanda Clark is up to every week. I want her and Jack to get together soooo bad, maybe at the end.

18. Stephen says:

Hmm, way to gloss over the fact that Glee is fading fast…
    Last year it got an 8.2/12 where as all it could muster this year was a 6.0/9 in the overnights… that is a drop of 27%…. how much longer before the cancellation bear starts to approach?

• Sally says:

Glee is still getting low 3’s at least. Unless it starts getting ratings in the low 2’s, it’s nowhere near cancelation.

19. Fake Me Out says:

IMHO

I just saw last nights LMS and am very VERY disappointed that they would make cyber bullying a “fun thing for the whole family to do” and nothing more than a joke machine for the episode. Cyber bullying is not funny, it’s not a joke and it’s costing some kids their lives. I say SHAME on ABC and DOUBLE SHAME on Tim Allen for the cavalier way this episode treated a serious subject.

YMMV

20. tahina says:

It’s dreadful Body of Proof low again though not by much. It was great last night. Happy they dropped the boss and ex husband romance but now they turned around for something fresh. Hoping writers have better vison and so do the producers.

21. Nina says:

I hope ABC is smart and keep Body Of Proof, why should Demo matter I mean for the longest networks had been complanning about the viewersship and now they complanning about Demo, I mean can they make there minds do they want high viewing or Demo, they should pick one not both.